Travis Credit Union

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Aileen ** and Jasmin ** are racist, ageist. We're getting a lawyer. My father and I more than qualify for a loan/refi and him going on "tittle" while I deal with an illness is appropriate. It's been 90 days into escrow, no end in sight. Lie after lie, prying into accounts and told "poor little baby, daddy's gonna take care of you." I'm ** dying idiots, I'm terminally ill and you belittle me. ** idiots, non stop stupidity. Zero clarity.

I do not normally post things like this but I am so irritated with TCU that I needed to DO something. I read several of the posted reviews and find I am in agreement with several. I have moved out of California but kept my TCU checking and savings accounts because I have a TCU car loan. I have been trying to get a formal statement about car loan payments since October (6 months). I have called, written, called again, written again, etc. etc. I end up on hold for long periods of time (long distance), have had extreme difficulty in getting people to call me back, have asked for certain things in writing but what was sent was not what I asked for. I would like to pay off the car loan so I could close the accounts but they can't seem to send me a statement as to the balance owed. This concerns me, as when I do pay it off, I wonder if they will be able to manage to send me the title.

Last fall the TCU updated accounts and services. The first incident concerned access to our accounts. My husband had to go in to take care of that situation. Now we cannot get a mortgage statement. We call up to 3 times a month and every month they tell us they will take care of it, call us with an update, send us the last statement and begin sending us new statements. 5 months nothing is resolved. It is just a matter of sending off a statement. The lack of professionalism has been incredible.

I had an account in a good standing and a car loan that was always paid on time. We had to file chapter 7. The bank closed our account without letting us know and is holding the payroll deposit.

I recently went to open an account and was denied. My girlfriend who lives with me opened an account a couple of weeks before at this branch and she had the same basic information as me. A little firm financially than me, and they had no problem getting her an account. She is white or Caucasian, no job or permanent address. I have 3 jobs. I own my house, and financed and paid off a car through their bank. I am not white, so I sit in their bank for an hour. Provide more information than my white girlfriend and get denied. Good to know Atwater and Merced have an all white bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travis Credit Union?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

This branch is terrible. The Travis Credit Union on Ygnacio Valley is terrible. I now drive the 30 minutes to the branch in downtown Concord. The staff (minus this one guy) is terrible. They are unfriendly and rude. They are complete liars and will threaten you if you do not give them information that they need. It's terrible and they should not be working in customer service whatsoever. Go to the Travis in downtown Concord off Willow Pass. They are much better and more friendly!

My husband has been with Travis for 30 years and when we got married I made it my home, too. We have always kept our checking account in perfect order, never one overdraft. We ran into problems because I can no longer find work in my field of Real Estate and had to file a Chapter 7. We had a Visa with Travis. I tried to be proactive and called them to let them know what was going on and they were very rude and unhelpful. I wanted to know what would happen to my checking account, but they would not give me any answer.

They then took away my online banking. So to be safe, I took most of my money out. Then without sending any notice to me, they closed my checking account and transferred it to my savings account. I never heard a word from the bank. If I hadn't called to check, I would not even know what was done with my money. So after 30 years this is how you are treated. I'm done with Travis and I think they are a very non-caring bank.

our car was taken out of our property stating that car payments were not done. This happened Sunday the 05-22-11. On Monday after we gather all payment information from our computer (18 months back), all the payments were there. then we contacted Travis office and spoke with a lady called Shelly, who was really rude and unservicial, we demanded to talk to her immediate supervisor, which she transferred the call to a lady named Janet. Then she said she will gather all the information and fax it back to u. After we faxed all the payment records for a year and a half, she responded back stating that the car was repossessed because a payment in 2007 was not made. I think this is not a rational decision and I believe it is illegal for a car that is showing almost 5 years of payments.

Travis Credit Union, worst customer service award. I have banked with Travis Credit Union for many years. I am retired from the Air Force and a proud veteran. I would expect a credit union that was built, backed and paid for by military personnel to be more service oriented to military personnel and their unique situations. This is not the case with Travis Credit Union.

When I attempted to terminate auto payment for AT&T they tried to charge me 18.00 for the service. I have written them many times about the excessive fees. The company CEO has not responded to my calls and written contacts to her.

Travis credit union repossessed my vehicle. My vehicle had a trailer attached that did not belong to me nor was it part of the financing I received from Travis to purchase the truck. The repossession company did not report the repossession within 4 hours as is CA law. It has been 3 days & has still not been reported. I have spoken with Paula in collections for Travis Credit Union and she would not tell me where the truck & trailer is so that I could return the trailer to the rightul owner. Also, I have personal belongings in the truck including a car seat to transport my 8 month old.

Travis Credit Union Company Profile