Toyota Financial Services

Toyota Financial Services

3.8/5 (219 ratings)

About Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2012

In reviewing a relative's estate, I have found the deceased bought a used car from Toyota and is being charged 22% interest. This was after they had purchased a new car back in 2003 at 3% interest and paid it off in five or so years. After an accident last year along with the downturn of the economy, the above is what Toyota offered when they went back to them to get another car. I have recently looked up the Blue Book value for this car that has to be sold and it is listed for $10,000 if sold by seller, $8,000 as a trade-in. The deceased was charged over $20,000 last year towards which they put the insurance money for the totaled car. Even with all of this, after only one year, the car's pay off is over $12,000.

How can this be, a $10,000 difference in value in only one year? And the paint job on the front is pitting off from a very poor paint job. I hope someone does launch an investigation. I am more than sad and wait with trepidation as to how this is going to end, probably with the estate owing because they inflated the value last year. I really need help but I'm certain it won't be from Toyota from all I have read. I have kept exact prices and the car model and year private for fear of retaliation.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2012

I've had a loan since 2005 with TFS. I received 7 months of extensions during the loan. They started charging me late charges for no reason and ignored my requests to fix my account. They finally told me that I was supposed to receive only 6 months total of extensions, and I was considered having missed 1 month instead of them seeing their mistake. So they hit me with month after month of late charges even though I was paying current. Last year, they repossessed my car based on their accounting errors! After weeks of demands, begging, crying, etc., one woman did the work to figure out my account and they gave me my car back without the repo charges, but would not eliminate the late charges.

I now have only 4 months left on my loan and just got another default letter, even though I am current, accusing me of missing the last 2 months in payments! The only thing I can see is that they never fixed my account and it shows my loan matured on 11/30/12 even though my billing statement shows the correct balance due with all payments being made. My online account has been made unusable also so I cannot contact them that way. I have had it with their mix-ups. I am a nervous wreck and in fear that they will illegally repo my car again! I need help and probably an attorney. They have caused me so much strife and extra money that I shouldn't have to pay or have paid, and days of lost time. Please help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2012

I have been a customer of Toyota Financial for 15 years, 6 different cars. When you are a few days late with payments, they call 20 times a day from many different phone numbers. I am not late for November and they are harassing me 20 times a day for a payment that is due on the end of December. The bill hasn't even arrived yet. It is December 7th and the payment is due December 28th. I have asked them to cease and desist; they continue. The attorney general should investigate.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2012

After my car was totaled due to Hurricane Sandy and Toyota was paid off by State Farm, I discovered payments were still being debited from my account. I contacted TFS immediately, only to be told I had set up recurring online payments with my bank (Bank of America) which I told them was incorrect. Nevertheless, the representative kept arguing with me and so I said I would contact my bank and call them back. After speaking with my bank and confirming I never set any recurring payments with them, I called TFS back.

Again, their representative accused me of setting up payments, but this time with a 3rd party company which I had never heard of and even dared to say TFS doesn't recommend using them. I explained to her I never signed up with anyone besides Toyota and I just want to know who I need to call to set my account straight and get my money back. The representative gave me the number for Smart Note which she said were responsible for my payments. I called them and was informed I do not have an account with them but did provide me with a phone number for another company, "Smart Payment," and it turned out I had an account with them.

Even though I got my car through a Toyota dealership and the money was going to Toyota and Toyota was paid the balance from my insurance company, I was being blamed for recurring payments. Toyota provided my bank information to a 3rd party without my knowledge and conveniently neglected to inform me I must contact this 3rd party to close the account; otherwise, the payments will keep being debited. I think it's ridiculous that such a large corporation would have such poor customer service and be so clueless when handling people's money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2012

Toyota Financial Services repossessed my 2006 Ford Taurus on April 1, 2010, and then came after me with an attorney in Tempe, AZ, because of the balance from a returned Ford 500 they put on the 2006 Taurus. I am filing bankruptcy. I wasn't even late on the payment, just $50.00 short I was going to pay and the lady at Toyota Financial said it was OK. Anyway, what a horrifying company - Toyota Financial? Plus, they sure are having problems with all the cars being recalled. I will never deal with Toyota ever again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2012

I am seriously planning on starting a petition on Change.org to have the US attorney general's office investigate Toyota Financial Services for deceptive credit fraud by charging customers illegal interest, as well as harassment of its customers, charging more than what an auto is worth. After reading several hundred complaints online against Toyota Financial Services as well as my complaint, Toyota Financial should face fines and give restitution to its customers who have been barraged by relentless phone calls using scare tactics to pay a certain fee or fees or face repossession, even after the auto was paid off and not releasing the title to the owner.

I am a Toyota Financial customer and after making my last payment in September, I now face a $1,200 interest payment due after my auto was paid off in full and not being told of the interest payment. I have read several letters from angry and distraught customers that are going through the same issue, as well as other consumer complaint websites. My wife and I are both disabled and are on fixed incomes. This whole matter with Toyota Financial has been a total nightmare and it is highly stressful when we get endless phone calls, and rude and threatening like customer service reps. We have been told our 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport would be taken if it goes to a third party collection agency and you need to borrow money from family members, pay this off today and the insults went on.

We have paid over $16,000 on this auto, more than its worth after 6 long years. If you're reading this Toyota Financial Services, I will bring legal action against you if you call and threaten us, harass us or intimidate us or demand money from us. Don't second guess me because you are done with your deceptive moves. You waive the remaining interest payments and forward the title to our address or I promise I will contact the US attorney general's office to see them open a case against you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2012

Toyota & Lexus Financial Services have the wrong phone number on their record. They have been calling my cell phone days and nights to collect money. I have been telling them that I am not the right person. I requested too many times to stop calling me. However, they just ignored my requests. I am not Carla ** that they are looking for. They must stop calling my prepaid cell phone.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2012

I had a 2002 car financed through Toyota Financial Services. It is now 2012 and they will not release my title. They are claiming that I owe $1,300 in back-end interest. Shortly after I took this loan, my husband got cancer, and shortly after that, I lost my job. Since then, we have lost our home, have had to put my kids in community college, and have moved in with my parents. Through all those, we paid this stinking car off (with much help from family) because we needed it to get to the doctor's, to labs, hospitals, etc. I should be driving a Mercedes, for what this car has cost me. It is now 10 years old, has 120,000 miles on it, and needs an engine that I cannot afford. So here I am in Long Island, NY which has no public transportation to speak of, with no job, and a husband near death. My mom is selling her house to live in a nursing home, leaving us homeless, at 55 years of age.

This rotten company will not release the title so I can junk or donate the car. They have a lien on it, yet they won't even repossess it, saving me that headache. They say it's not worth it! I am trying to do the right thing and settle with them, as other creditors have with us, but they won't. I'm seeing a lawyer to probably file for bankruptcy on them only. Now, they're getting nothing from me - they could have, if someone with any brains within TFS was smart enough to realize that I would have made a settlement payment if it were in the range of what I could afford. I'm hoping my lawyer will help me begin a suit (class action or otherwise) against this practice. If you are interested in what happens with this, or in being a part of it, I will post again somewhere because I cannot give an email address on this site.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2012

After paying 60 payments of $378.11 with 5 extensions and $2000 down at 16.90%, Toyota Financial claims I owe them $1279.46 for the amount of days I was late. It was to my understanding that I was late only after the 15th of the month. My due date was the 5th but charged a late fee after the 15th. Only once was my payment made after the 15th! They are now telling me that I am charged for every day past the 5th! At $15,247.38 financed at 16.90%, I have paid a total of $24,686.60! Not only that, Toyota will not refund my $1750 for an extended warranty until 2014, seven years from signing. Another detail they did not explain. This is a rip off and another reason I will never purchase a vehicle from Toyota!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2012

I bought a Toyota Corolla in 2006 for around $20,000. I extended my payments over the course of the loan 4 times. I've been paying almost $500 per month for the last 6 years totaling almost $35,000 to date. I just made another $500 payment a few days ago like I should. I just started getting calls from Toyota Collections wanting the remaining $2,000 immediately or they will repossess my car. I told the lady on the phone that I just made my payment and why was she asking for the balance now. She told me that this extra money was accrued because of extending my payments 4 times over the life of the loan and the loan reached maturity date yesterday, which means that I must pay the balance immediately. She acted like I am a deadbeat and somehow took advantage of Toyota.

I told her that I'm out of work and have a hard time. I asked if I could simply continue the $500 per month for the next 4 months which will satisfy the remaining $2,000. She suggested I borrow the money from friends or family and also suggested I sell something from my house, but absolutely refused to allow me to pay $500 per month for 4 months. I even asked if they would allow me to pay over the next 2 months and they refused! I can't believe that after paying over $15,000 in interest to Toyota over the past 72 months, they would not allow me to pay a lousy $500 for 4 more months. Instead they want to harass me with phone calls every 30 minutes and now repossess my car. I should have gone to a loan shark! They would have probably been more reasonable than Toyota.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2012

I purchased my 2010 Toyota Corolla in November of 2011 and was financed through Toyota Financial Service. In May of this year I lost my job. I immediately got on the phone to Toyota to inform them of my circumstances. I was told by the agent that answered that it was too bad, but I better sell something to make my payments. Really? All I wanted to do was the right thing: call and inform them of my circumstances. I got behind on my payments like I had told them and when I asked for an extension, they told me that I didn't qualify!

I have been trying to work with them to no avail! It is obvious by the way that they treat their customers that Toyota does not care at all, even when you are trying to do the right thing. Now, I am 4 months behind and Toyota will not accept any payments from me at all, not even a partial. They are demanding the full amount that I am delinquent so they can stop repossession activity! Really? I cannot believe it. I have dealt with other auto loan companies in the past and they all have always helped their customers. Toyota Financial does not care about their customers. Buyers beware: avoid Toyota Financial!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2012

On September 26, 2012, I received a call from Toyota Financial Services with regard to my Toyota account being 3 months behind. After mentioning numerous times that I would not be able to make a payment until the first of October, the representative suggested that she speaks with a supervisor to try and get two of the payments moved to the end of the account term and set up a payment in order to prevent the vehicle from being repossessed. She was able to attain such deal and we set up the arrangements. However, she processed the payment for that same day without my authorization. The following day, September 27th, I was checking my account and saw the payment along with the fees accrued for overdrafting two items affected by this transaction. There were many other pending withdrawals so I had to direct deposit in advance in order to protect my finances from any other fees, which also has a fee for the service.

I then proceeded to file a dispute with Toyota Financial Services, in which the next representative filed and stated I would receive a follow-up within 72 business hours. On October 8th, I followed up my case where I found out that it had not been processed yet and that it would be placed for immediate action. Today, October 10th, I received a courtesy call stating that after listening to the conversation, that there was no error on Toyota Financial Services' part. I requested it to be reopened and was told that they were not going to do that. After a few expletives, I ended the call.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2012

I leased a Lexus in early 2006. I had a 36-month lease with Lexus Financial Services. I did two extensions on the contract for 6 months each, bringing the total to 48 months lease time. I negotiated purchase price of car to $30,500 at lease time (IS250). I paid $475/month for 48 months = $22,800 ($17,100 paid towards 36 month lease, additional paid towards extensions). Car is only worth $30k at purchase time. Great. In early 2010, lease is up. No more extensions allowed. I was over on the miles for my lease to the tune of $5k. I had no choice but to buy the lease out and finance with Toyota Financial Services to bury the negative or cough up $5k plus the money to get into a new lease. I decided the less expensive way was to finance.

I bought car for residual value about $15,000 + tax + mileage negative equity. Now I owed about $19,800 (except at 17% interest rate which is horrific). I financed with Toyota Financial Services (paid $5,000 in payments over the next 2 and 1/4 years - balance now $15,500). I have paid diligently until July 2012. I got behind by mistake and called in to correct it. I could never reach anyone. They have crazy banker's hours and not open on the weekend, much different from Lexus Financial Services. Toyota is relentless. If you get behind even one day, they will call you like the mafia loan shark. They will call ten times per day, from early morning until late at night. They don't care if they are disrupting your life or your work. They don't care if they are wrong and you are right. Even if you are on time with your payments, they say that the next payment is due.

I never ever experienced this while my loan was with Lexus Financial Services. I hate Toyota and will never ever again finance with Toyota Financial Services. I finally reached someone in August to try to sort out late payment status. The guy told me, "I'm not sure if your car will last even two weeks." I was only late one payment. Well, guess what? After paying on the same car and owning it for 6 and 1/2 years (paid a total of), I walked out to drive my daughter to school only to find my car repossessed. No warning, no chance to even try to talk to me to catch up the one and only late payment in 6 and 1/2 years, nothing. I now have no car and my credit is screwed beyond belief.

Toyota does not care about you as a consumer or as a customer. They do not care if you have paid them $30k and still owe them $15k on a car that was only worth $30k to begin with. Your loyalty or payments mean absolutely nothing. If you are a human being and make one tiny miscalculation or mistake and make only one late payment, your life will be ruined. Mine was. Please, please, please, do not finance with Toyota Motor Credit. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2012

I leased a 2009 Rav4 and upon lease end, I went shopping. I eventually leased a Nissan and turned the vehicle into a Nissan dealer, that was on 7/9/12. On 8/1 I received a certified letter from TFS with a bill for missing spare key ($250.00) and windshield replacement ($220.00). The letter identified the turn-in date of 7/12 at a different dealer, local Toyota dealer. Apparently, the vehicle was transported by the Nissan dealer or picked up from the Nissan dealer by the Toyota dealer. When I contacted TFS to dispute charges and indicate that I had turned the spare key in to the dealer 2 days after turning the vehicle in, the fee was waived. When I asked about the windshield, the rep told me that upon inspection of the vehicle on 7/13, a chip was found in the windshield requiring it be replaced.

I further disputed, maintaining that when the vehicle was turned into Nissan dealership, there was nothing wrong with the windshield - no cracks, no chips, nothing. I further argued that this damage occurred while the vehicle was no longer in my possession. The rep refused to waive the fee. What doesn't make sense is I tried to explain this to the rep but he would hear none of it. When I turned in the vehicle on the 9th, apparently it sat on Nissan's lot for 3 days before being transported to the Toyota dealer. When it arrived at the Toyota dealer, it took another day for an inspection to be performed. That's 4 days out of my possession, yet I'm still responsible for the damage that occurred.

If this vehicle was parked next to another vehicle on the dealer's lot and another customer purchased a vehicle that was parked next to it, when the lot guy went to retrieve it and opened the door on what used to be my vehicle and dinged the door, quarter panel or fender, I'm responsible? If during transport from one dealership to another, whether driven on a flatbed or tractor-trailer car carrier, any damage that could or might have occurred en route, I'm responsible for? Point is I wasn't in possession of the vehicle for 4 days before it was inspected and now they're placing me on the hook for a $220 windshield. What gives?

I've filed a complaint with the FTC/Consumer Protection Agency and contacted an attorney. The letter I received from TFS included no contact number in case of questions. They expect me to just whip out my checkbook and write them a check. Right. Sure. Right away.

Original review: July 15, 2012

I was leasing my vehicle through Toyota, then purchased it. The finance department tacked on the residual. I am paying $58,000.00 by the time I finished paying for this vehicle in 2016, after already paying for 4 years of payments. I went to Toyota, they would not help me in any way. My payments are $540.00 a month, which is extremely hard for 9 consecutive years. Can anyone help me figure out what to do? It just seems illegal. My car is a 2006. It seems like when I repurchased, the car should have been sold as a used sale price but I bought it like it was brand new? Please help.

Original review: May 25, 2012

I was scammed and given the runaround. On 5/20/12, I entered my parking lot to find my car missing. Because I knew that 2 car payments were late, I realized that it had been repossessed. I immediately called Toyota Financial and spoke to Robert who gave me the past due amount and account balance for pay off (account is due to be paid off by 8/12). He also gave me the name and telephone number of the repo company and the dollar range of their daily storage fees. He stated that these figure were just "estimates" and that within 5 days, I should be mailed a letter with the exact figure. To expedite the process, I should call back on Tuesday (5/22) and get the amount because the letter was already being generated.

I have called back every day, multiple times, only to speak to a different person each time and be told that the letter is still not ready. Each day, storage fees grow and I cannot believe or accept that a corporation as big as Toyota cannot determine what amount is owed. If there is no way to determine what is owed, then how can it be determined that the account is past due?

Further, both my mother and I, with 2 different addresses and phone numbers, are listed on all paperwork so why were neither of us ever contacted regarding past due amount or intent to repossess? This is merely a scam to enrich the towing company and punish the debtor, and I have been given a run-around for a week now.

If this is not resolved tomorrow, I will automatically accrue at least 3 more days of storage fees since the next 2 days are a holiday and Monday is a holiday/non-business day. I intend to explore all legal options as well as contact my Congress people and local/state representatives and news media. This behavior is unacceptable, immoral, and I am certain, illegal.

Original review: May 1, 2012

New 2011 Toyota Corolla S - Two weeks of vehicle purchase, it already needed brake work and vehicle alignment work. The vehicle sold was defective.

Original review: April 27, 2012

I purchased my brand new 2012 Toyota Camry XLE in January 2012 from Westboro Toyota in Wesborough, Massachusetts (on Route 9 Westbound, also called Turnpike Road). The dealer had manipulated the sale price and has failed to include my trade-in value in the so-called "contract". They owe me some $11,800 and I have tried to deal with both the scum dealer and the Big Daddy, Toyota Financial Services (wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation). Toyota Financial Services is demanding monthly payments and I have requested their help to deal with this unethical Westboro Toyota Dealer. No one is willing to do anything at all.

I have demanded for Toyota to not call me at home ever again as I will charge them with invading my privacy and outright intimidation and harassment! This issue is heading to court in June 2012 as a Civil Complaint and I may upgrade it to a criminal complaint for misusing and actually stealing my hard earned $11,800 money! Stay away from Westboro Toyota in Westborough, Massachusetts! They are a bunch of old-fashioned scam artists! Please stay away from Toyota Financial Services as they are nothing less than street hoodlums with smiling faces and crooked ways! In fact, they are both thieves and ripoff scam artists!

Original review: April 26, 2012

I had a car loan from Toyota Motor Credit Corporation, which is now called Toyota Financial Services, back in 2001. This account was closed in April of 2003. The date of last activity (DLA) is with an unblemished payment history. After doing a little research, I found out that closed positive accounts, paid as agreed with no late payments, generally remain on a credit report for up to 10 years from the date of last activity according to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. From my understanding, my account should remain on file until April 2013.

In January of 2012, I noticed that my account with Toyota was no longer on my Experian credit file. Shortly thereafter, I called Toyota and asked for them to report my account to Experian since TransUnion and Equifax were already reporting it accurately. After my call, during the month of January, I noticed my Toyota account was no longer appearing on my TransUnion and Equifax file as well. The credit reporting agencies claimed they did not remove the file. At first, Toyota informed me that my account was deleted because it was over 7 years old. This information is incorrect since accounts paid as agreed generally remain a credit file for up to ten years from the date of last activity (DLA).

Recently, Toyota sent a statement to the BBB that they inadvertently sent a request to all 3 credit reporting agencies to have my account deleted and stated that they can not reverse this process. This incident has caused me some great concern since deletion of my positive account information impacted my credit history and score. I am still confused as to why Toyota can not report to all 3 credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) my positive account information that they mistakenly deleted.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and my attorney general regarding this matter. I have also tried reporting my TFS account information to the credit reporting agencies directly, but they claim that only the "creditor" can have the account reported to them, even if it was closed in good standing. I'm not sure what steps to take next.

Original review: April 24, 2012

I received the pink slip after I paid off with the finance. But I don't know why my pink slip still has the owner's name and Toyota Finance Corporation. I went to DMV to ask, and they said if I need to delete the Toyota Finance Corporation, I need to pay a fee. When I went to buy an insurance, the insurance benefit was still under the owner's name and Toyota Finance Corporation. What can I do with it?

Original review: April 24, 2012

I financed my car for 60 months financing with Toyota. After 45 months, I paid off the remaining amount ($7200) that I owe to Toyota on 4/16/2012. But according to my conversation with one of the Toyota Financial representative (Cherry), she said that as soon as I am done with the payment, Toyota Financial would be able to send my title right away within 3 days. And after 8 days waiting period, I still have to call Toyota Financial everyday to check the status on my title. And not even that, they intentionally hung-up my phone 3 times and even the supervisor is not ready to accept their mistake. They promised me that the supervisor will call me back in 24 hours, but I had to call from my side to see the situation. It was extremely bad service that I had been offered, even though I was a valuable customer since 2008. I just want to inform all the consumers that you think 1000 times before you finance your car from Toyota.

Original review: April 13, 2012

I purchased my 2003 Toyota Highlander in 6/2006 with my first payment due 7/2006. I paid regularly without a missed payment, and then needed an extension on my loan. Toyota granted me a 3 month extension and sent me back the payment, by check, I had just made. I started paying on the loan again as agreed and then needed another extension which I was granted for 2 months. I again resumed payments as agreed and then started a business and needed another extension, which I had only one more allowed as they allow a total of 6 months, 2 months at a time, of extensions. So I used my last one month extension and then resumed payments as agreed. I had a few late payments, but never a missed one.

About a year after receiving my first extension and the returned payment, I started receiving collection calls from Toyota stating I had missed a payment. We figured out that they were counting the payment they had sent back to me as a missed payment now! I went back and forth with them and they insisted I make a double payment to catch up, which of course I couldn't financially do. So they kept calling, waking me up every single day. So I asked that they not call and they put me on a do not call list. I noticed on my bill that they kept charging me late charges every month, when my payments weren't late. I sent proof of payments, I talked with supervisors, I spent hours on the phone with people and the only response I ever received was my payment statement, every time. So I thought I would deal with the over charges at the end of my loan and haggle it out then.

Well last Monday, April 2nd, my car was repossessed. I am overpaid on my loan, because I make larger payments than what is due each month and they took my card! Now I keep getting put off, even though they admit there is something wrong with my account. It is now 1 1/2 weeks and I am without my only vehicle that I also use to get supplies for my cafe and I have a disability. They have sent me a letter telling me what I need to pay to get it back and that I have to travel 100 miles to get my car and pay storage fees on top of that! They have stolen me car from me after I paid $24,000 on it with only $3,500 left on it. They also have my payments wrong and their own statements don't agree with each other, one saying my balance is $680 higher than what I actually still owe on the loan. What do I do?!

Original review: April 13, 2012

I purchased my 2003 Toyota Highlander in 6/2006 with my first payment due 7/2006. I paid regularly without a missed payment, then needed an extension on my loan. Toyota granted me a three-month extension, and sent me back the payment by check I had just made. I started paying on the loan again as agreed, and then needed another extension which I was granted for two months. I again resumed payments as agreed, and then started a business and needed another extension which I had only one more allowed as they allow a total of six months, two months at a time of extensions. So I used my last one month extension and then resumed payments as agreed. I had a few late payments, but never a missed one.

About a year after receiving my first extension and the returned payment, I started receiving collection calls from Toyota stating I had missed a payment. We figured out that they were counting the payment they had sent back to me as a missed payment now! I went back and forth with them, and they insisted I make a double payment to catch up, which of course I couldn't financially do. So they kept calling, waking me up every single day. So I asked that they not call and they put me on a do not call list. I noticed on my bill that they kept charging me late charges every month, when my payments weren't late. I sent proof of payments, I talked with supervisors, I spent hours on the phone with people and the only response I ever received was my payment statement every time.

So I thought I would deal with the overcharges at the end of my loan and haggle it out then. Well last Monday, April 2nd, my car was repossessed. I am overpaid on my loan, because I make larger payments than what is due each month, and they took my car! Now I keep getting put off, even though they admit there is something wrong with my account. It is now 1 and 1/2 weeks and I am without my only vehicle that I also use to get supplies for my cafe, and I have a disability. They have sent me a letter telling me what I need to pay to get it back, and that I have to travel 100 miles to get my car and pay storage fees on top of that! They have stolen my car from me after I paid $24,000 on it with only $3500 left on it. They also have my payments wrong and their own statements don't agree with each other. One saying my balance is 680 higher than what I actually still owe on the loan. What do I do?

Original review: March 23, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have been unsuccessful in getting an across the border letter for Southern Mozambique from Toyota Financial Services. I am a member of a CC with my daughter and both of our vehicles are insured on the business policy of the CC. I have sent Toyota (twice) a copy of the founding statement which shows that I am a member. My insurance company has provided a letter showing the vehicle is comprehensively insured. They say that they financed me in my personal capacity so the insurance needs to be in my personal name. My son is currently in Mozambique with my vehicle. I also sent Toyota copies of his ID book and driver’s license (also sent twice).

Last time, my son went to Mozambique. I had exactly the same problem and we never ever received the border letter. If they had anyone of intelligence on the other end of my correspondence, I have no doubt that this could and would be sorted out! Service is completely and utterly sub-standard and leaves much to be desired.

Original review: March 19, 2012

I have been a customer of this company for 15 years. Last year, I had surgery on my eyes and lost my business. I sent a letter to Toyota telling them my payments would be late, but I would pay the total loan when I could. This is car number 8 with them. I had a 2007 and had paid on this car for 4 years. They have called me 5 times a day on 2 phone numbers for a year relentlessly even when I was only $50.00 late this month. They should be sued.

Original review: March 18, 2012

I bought the car in 2008 (maturity date 07/2013). I filed BK in August 2010, but I kept the car only to help my credit increase after the BK. I had never missed a payment, reaffirmed the loan within 30 days after filing BK. I noticed Toyota stopped reporting me to the Equifax. I called and complained and of course, they blamed it on Equifax not reporting me. They started reporting me again and then it stopped. Now, I blame myself for this. I was too depressed to see my credit score so I stopped checking my credit. I paid the loan off in January 2012 (18 months before the term) and last month, I ran my credit online. I was and I am still shocked to see that Toyota reported the account "discharged in bankruptcy in May 2010". Toyota sent me a letter confirming that the loan was paid off (dated 02/13/2012).

I filed a dispute online through Equifax and today, I got my results back. Toyota confirmed the account discharged in bankruptcy in May 2010. Where are the $15K I paid in the past two years? Where were all the funds applied to? Obviously, someone's been pocketing the money since my account was closed in May 2010! I want to take them to court and sue them for misrepresentation. Can someone give me an advice? Last month, I bought a $40K Ford Edge, financed through Ford (very low interest rate). I will never buy a Toyota again. A lot of my co-workers fell in love with my new car and are working on purchasing similar cars for themselves. Toyota, you're going to lose!

Original review: March 7, 2012

Like Monique of Newark, CA, my maturity date on my loan was up in January 2012. A couple days before the maturity, I called Toyota Financial Services and asked them what I should do about the remaining $6000 balance. I was told at that time that it was all accrued interest and that no further interest would accrue and that I could continue making my $550 a month payment until the balance was paid in full. I had paid on the loan five years and was looking forward to getting it paid off. On February 1, I received a call from Toyota Financial Services and was told that I had 90 days in which to pay off the outstanding balance or the account would be turned over to a third party collector and the car repossessed. The collector said that the first gentleman I talked to was merely giving an opinion and that what he told me was incorrect.

Two days later, I called Toyota Financial Services again in hopes of working out a payment plan of some sort that would satisfy them and secure my car. This collector told me that I had 60 days to pay off the balance or the account would be turned over to a third party collector and the car repossessed. In fear of having a repossession on my credit bureau, I went out two days later and traded in a perfectly good car and incurred another loan on a new/used one. I began to monitor my ToyotaFinancial.com account balances and saw on 2/16/12 where the dealer's check was posted against my account and I had a credit balance in excess of $4,200!

I called Toyota Financial Services and was told to wait a couple days for the computers to catch up with one another. As ridiculous as that sounded, I did wait and the $4,200 credit remained on the account. I sent emails to Toyota Financial through the secure website and the very next day, the account was reported as closed and I could no longer access information on the account. I asked for an account history to verify that what I owed them was actually the balance. I've received two different types of account histories and they are both different. They reported different amounts as being received from the dealer in payoff and they show me owing an additional $553, one time in a past due balance and another time in late charges. No matter how I crunch the numbers, I can't make the amount paid in principal and interest work out to the final payment amount.

I finally talked to someone in their executive offices in California who sent me the account histories, two different versions, on three separate occasions. He informed me that he waived the $553 and that my account is now closed. I financed just under $20,000 for my Avalon and ended up paying over $38,000 for it. That's nearly a 100 percent return. When I got the loan in 2006, it was at a high interest rate. I was told that I could apply a year later to have the interest rate brought down. A year later, I was told that Toyota Financial Services does not refinance loans. I have retained an attorney and am going to pursue getting the credit refunded to me. My experience with TFS has been awful and I'll never own another Toyota, after having both a Camry and an Avalon.

Original review: March 1, 2012

I am so frustrated with Toyota Financial. My maturity date was up at the end of Sept 2011. I had a balance of $6000 left. I have been scrambling trying to get this balance get taken care of. Well my balance has come down. But now I have two different balances. The frustrating part is I have told them not to call me at work and they continue to do this. But also, I got a call saying that my balance needs to be paid off or it will be charged off. Now I have called them stating that I'm trying to get this taken care off. They keep telling me there is nothing else they can do and I have been with this finance company for 5 years. I have paid over $30,000 into my truck with a balance of less than $3400. Now they're telling me it's going to be charged off. They are really going to ruin my credit. Why isn't somebody in the management trying to help your loyal customers? I just dropped them $1500.00 last week to get my balance where it is now. There has got to be something that can be done. I am trying to take care of this without it being a charge off, but I don't have one lump sum to pay the balance off.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

Having bought 4 Toyotas from Kay Jennings in Springfield, VA and with Toyota Financial services, this go round, they screwed me. In the beginning of January 2012, I called and asked for two months extension on my loan due to hardship. I was told by Toyota Financial that I could skip January and February since I fall under the hardship category and that my next payment would be March 2012.

Well, wouldn't you know, come the middle of February, I get a call from Toyota Financial asking for my January payment, I explained that about the phone call and being told by Toyota Financial that I could skip two months, plus I never received a call nor letter stating I was not approved, only to be told by them that they were sorry I was given false information and they did not know why I was not sent a letter (maybe because you did not sent it) but I would need to make both payments. If this is the way Toyota treats returning customers, I will never own another Toyota. P.S. I ended up trading the truck for something cheaper like a Kia that has a way better warranty.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

I have been a loyal Toyota customer for over 20 yrs. I talked my Mom into buying a Toyota instead of a Ford. I had excellent credit so she got the lease no problem. She missed a couple of payments because of severe illness. Now they have ruined my credit and are trying to repossess the car. Toyota has become downright awful. They are a terrible company and no American should ever buy a Toyota again People stick with Ford, at least they have business scruples. I have sent so many relatives and friends Toyota’s way no more.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information