Wayzata, MN

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

TCF Bank Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

I paid for two pairs of Nike Tennis online. And I seen were the money was pending. The next thing I don’t see the transaction of payment. What they did was Delete my payment and re-issue a new amount on my account. Have a me to believe that Nike was already paid for the merchandise. Come to find out they didn’t get the money. Which could’ve caused my account to overdraft. I feel if I buy something online and it is legit. Pay the people and quit playing games with my money.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I applied for a PPP Loan weeks ago to keep and pay my employees, today they call me requesting more information...You have to be kidding!!! All my business owner friends got their loans days and weeks ago, goes to show who the upper class banks are and it's not TCF!!!!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Case# **. On Friday 04-03-20 @ 10:27:58 am, I deposited $650.00 with a deposit ticket into the money intake slot of ATM#7001208 in Calumet City, IL 60409, @ Torrence & Sibley. The screen showed me my deposit ticket, clear as day, and said "I cannot read your check". It then issued me a slip that said “We encountered a problem returning your check. Please contact your financial institution." It kept my money, 5 $20s, 11 $50s and the deposit ticket. Bank door was locked because of coronavirus, no one would come to the door. I called customer service, then and there, in the parking lot, they said it would correct itself overnight. It did not. I called again Sat. 04-04-20, same answer, both times TCF refused to open a case# or dispute ticket. I have called on phone at least 25 more times and spoken to someone, they all said, “We will look into it,” someone finally opened a case#**.

It is now Sat 04/18/20. The ATM must have been emptied and serviced at least 15 times, nothing has posted to my account, I was contacted by TCF Bank, 04/15/20 and they said dispute resolution team had investigated and decided against me. What did they investigate? TCF-Bank refuses to give me a copy of that investigation report, or anything in writing that I even filed a complaint. It has been 15 days. If you don't know what happened by now, you will never know. Waiting longer just gives TCF Bank more time to destroy the rest of the evidence. What the hell is going on.

If they had investigated at all, they surely found a record of my attempt to deposit $650 cash with a deposit ticket on Friday 04/03/20 @ exactly 10:27:58 am, with a picture of me @ ATM#7001208. They also found an image of the deposit ticket along with my $650 cash, also a record of ATM printing a receipt saying "We encountered a problem returning your check". Where if anywhere do your records differ from mine. I was told on the phone that TCF-Bank's report shows shows all of the above, but they still refuse to give me a copy of the report, or anything in writing that I even filed a complaint. I will not be ignored about this!!!! I am parking my car at this drive up window and locking the doors and will not move until I get a written report of what they found. I am then going to call the police and file a complaint that I have been robbed by TCF-Bank.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was with TCF Bank for years. I tried the business account with them and they sucked. So I closed it. My checking account They never update my address! So I had the regular checking with them. Never sent me any letters but closed my account without my knowledge. Said I owed 55 dollars for PayPal trying to take money when I know they take from a different account! Didn't want to argue so I just paid it! I went to the bank today and the lady just giving me a attitude. So I just paid it to get rid of them. And don't get me started on their credit card! Because it has their name but it's not theirs so you can't Make a payment through them or get info.

Also online is a joke and their practice is just crap. But my experience with them through the years is high turn over rate, no auto loan, no personal loans! And if you get use a teller who helps you they will be gone the next day because it sucks working there. You depositing checks and availability is inconsistent. One branch lets the money go. Next branch holds your money. Do not do business with them because they shut the door in your face and don't care about their customers. Telling you from experience. Look at the reviews. There are plenty on multiple sites.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I contacted Tcf home loan department and spoke to a Ramsey ** who said he’d like to handle my loan. Biggest mistake I’ve ever made. He promised a 15yr loan at 3% provided a pre authorization letter. After he kept lying and saying he never received certain documents that were in my sent box that I’d already sent to him at least 5 times each. The guy is just completely incompetent. He had me and my husband do an electronic consent and the dummy put our current address not the purchase property which I have a screenshot of. I called to complain to someone else in the department and they literally just turned around and told him. He called and was yelling at me and belittling me while I was 32 weeks pregnant. (Big tough guy, right?) Thank God my Ring picked it up.

After that I felt like I had to kiss this guy's ** and pet his ego just to my loan processed. I have emails from both realtors as well as my real estate attorney saying how unprofessional this guy is. He refused to return any phone calls or emails in spite of telling me via email he would. He’s just a liar. He kept telling me, "Don’t worry. You’re going to close on time," he’s working on it. Then yesterday I received a forwarded message from the seller's agent saying this ** hasn’t even set up the appraisal.

I called the loan department and begged to have a manager called me. This manager Doug ** was a total ** who called with Ramsey on the line. Didn’t ask if I had proof I sent all these documents to Ramsey ** SEVERAL times, didn’t ask if I had proof the idiot Ramsey ** put the wrong address on the electronic consent form I completed back in February. He was just an ** that backed an employee who was completely in the wrong from the very beginning. This Doug ** then sat on the phone and let this Ramsey ** question me about a disability I have had since birth which is illegal to do by the way. Letting him ask things like what kind of disability do you have and what’s that etc etc. completely demeaning like it’s his business to ask that.

On top all this horrible treatment Ramsey ** and Doug ** have the nerve to tell me after two months of promising the 15yr fixed at 3% they couldn’t do that and they could only give me a 30yr at 4.75%. Ramsey proceeded to say I can’t go anywhere else 'cause no one can close under 90 days. Which obviously was a lie. Made a call last night, got a new, got Jim from another company, sent this professional all documents and he’s going to set up appraisal today or tomorrow.

If anyone from tcf wants to reach out and listen to how this Ramsey ** spoke to me I’d be glad to share. If tcf wants proof that all the necessary documents were sent back in February I can certainly provide that all emails are still in my sent box, and if the wants the proof Ramsey ** put the wrong address on the electronic consent that I filled out back in February I have the proof of that too. If they need the emails from the realtors or real estate attorney stating how unprofessional Ramsey ** is I have them and I also have an email from Ramsey ** stating he would call back the realtors which of course it was a lie.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TCF Bank?

Original review: April 6, 2020

I THOUGHT Banking here would be a convenience with multiple Outlets at Target & Jewel Foods; for a little guy, they've made $$$ off of me and I'll explain how. I DO/DID use their L.O.C. attached to my Checking Account-a $10 Fee plus 1.85% MONTHLY if not higher on unpaid Monthly Balances. Checking Account hacked twice in less than one year- went to 8-Digits- recently told me I have to go back to 4 Digits. Couldn't explain why they thought that 10x10x10x10 when selecting a Pin # was safer than 10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10 i.e. an eight-digit random number-so unless I leave and I WILL BE-100% confident I'll be hacked again.

One more small highlight: last year made a O.D.P. Loan payoff- it was tiny, like less than $18.00- next day I was socked with $0.47 Interest. Picayune and petty. Have paid off a C.C. and two Loans EARLY- why, Honda Motor Corp let me walk out of their Showroom recently, having left them just my old clunker, until Thursday payday. Can you imagine? Then T.C.F. gave me a Closed-End Loan, which means EXACT PRECISE Monthly Payments could be made, along with their running tally they provided me. PAYING EARLY saved NO Interest, I understood fully. In January I came into some cash and decided to pay off the 4-month old Loan and leave myself with just two lousy payments. WHAT DID TCF DO, in gratitude for all my business? They added a $45.00 Service Charge-claimed it wasn't but EXCEEDED the Fixed Loan Total by.....$45.00. Wouldn't admit it nor give me my $$$ back. I'm done.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I talked to customer service a few times. Very helpful but some of the people in customer service are not. The last one I talked to was very short and did not care about any of my problems. She did not give me her name. I had to ask who I was talking to. I wish I could give you her name, and you could call back a try to get someone else. She was very short. Sounds like she did not have time to talk to you. It's too bad that this is the kind of people answering customer service phones.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I tried opening a checking and savings account with them in November. The money I deposited when opening the accounts "never went through on their end". However, when looking at the statements from my debit card, which I used to open the accounts, the money was obviously taken. I called many times, even went to one of their branches. I kept getting the runaround. They told me the money was already refunded. I never received that money, so I had to end up filing a dispute through my card company, so that they could get the money back. The dispute was won, and I got my money back in January. Now all of a sudden, two months from January, they're sending me a debt collector's notice saying that I owe them money. Money that for some reason they're saying was never there. Don't trust them. They are a very fraudulent company. They shouldn't even be in business.

Original review: March 4, 2020

My son got caught up in a fraud scam and was allowed by TCF Bank to cash $7,700 in checks with less than $1,000 in his account, as apparently TCF does not follow their own Funds Hold policy when it comes to cashing checks (7 times greater than available funds) even though we subsequently received funds holds letters on the checks he was able to cash. All I was told was the checks were allowed to be cash due to "teller discretion" and I would need to speak to the Branch Manager.

The Branch Manager at this location, Trevor **, refused to call me back regarding this issue after repeated attempts to get in touch with him. This was STUDENT account of which I am the custodian, and now I am out $7K. NO SUPPORT, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, just a letter demanding account balance be paid off or it would be sent to collections. If you bank with TCF, or you have children with accounts at TCF, take my advice and move your banking relationship immediately!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

They are stealing from customers with fake overdraft fees and when you cut the card off they continue to let vendors bill you so they can continue to collect overdraft fees. What they are doing to customers is worse than Wells Fargo. I'm reporting them to the Minnesota Attorney General Office. What else can I do? They stole 256.00 in overdraft fees and they said the account was closed. Please help.

TCF Bank Company Information