1.00/5

Wayzata, MN

309 TCF Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This is crazy. They are not modern in policy or personel. Very rude and short. I deposited a check from Bank of America and they asked me my I was in Minnesota? Very unprofessional in 2019. Then they placed a 10 day holds on the check!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Stay away from this bank! TCF totally doesn't care about their customers. I called about a double charge of $12.00 on my card in another state. Their answer to me was to drive back to the other state & complain to the business in person. WHAT!!! My advice to TCF customers is to close your account while you can. You'll be sorry. TCF means: Total Customer Failure.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I call July 29th to the bank customer service to discuss an error from my checking account record to the online account record. After being on hold 37 minutes speaking with 2 different customer service agents I was hung up on and had to call back. A 3rd customer service agent could not help me so I asked for a manager. Of course there are no managers available or on the floor. On July 29th I was told a manager would call me back. Fast forward to today August 6 still waiting for the manager to call back, so I call in to customer service. After speaking with 2 more people I still do not have an answer. They can't explain to me why my online portal information does not match what their online portal information says.

How as the customer can I ever understand an issue, a problem or be current when we're running on 2 different systems? The 5th person I talked to in this became rude & frustrated because they don't have the answers and told me that they would have a supervisor call me... During my wait I went to another bank and opened another checking account which is unfortunate. I have been with TCF for years but they do not value me as a customer, they do not hear me as a customer, they do not respect me or my time as a customer and they do not follow through for me as a customer. Why am I a customer...I'M NOT!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I opened a checking account with bank and it was the worst experience I have ever had with a bank. First of all, their customer is not even located in the states so that’s the first red flag. They pay way cheaper for their customer service to located outside the States - cheap route. Secondly, to go in hand with the first red flag they don’t care about their customers. I cashed 3 payroll paychecks and they hold my funds to verify the check is legit, okay fine. But they held, every time, the FULL amount of my payroll checks! I called to see if they would at least release a portion of MY MONEY and flat out denied me. IT’S MY MONEY and they already verified two past payroll checks. They SUCK to bank with and their customers are their least concern. Checking Account CLOSED!!

Original review: July 31, 2019

I opened checking account and I have a charity which I expressed to them. When I went into the home branch as my account was done online I have encountered friendly cashiers and I didn't have any issues until the fraud dept was alerted by their system extensive spending which I felt was none of their business. That was one of the problems and the rest I will share. I went into the TCF branch near me and wanted to speak to manager who was out for the holiday weekend and I was told as my daughter was with me that my account was flagged due to fund deposited then taken out then deposited again. Well what’s that got to do with me if the funds cleared and there was no problem which there wasn’t.

I next encountered my debit card was blocked. I called fraud dept. They lifted the block but atm said I was not authorized to use my card. Then I went to bank and then the branch mgr said my account was fraudulent. How come now it’s fraud. I have a charity now. Deposits are fraud. They closed my account but I have access to account online with $19,000 plus which they will not release. My attorney and I spoke to the fraud dept and the customer service line on conference call and the first gentleman said there is no record of fraud or any notes and customer service said that my social security number is not right on the account so how does TCF bank close an account that does not have the right social security number attached to it.

Fraud and customer service told me to bring in something stating my social security number to update my account which I will do this week. It’s now July 30 2019. It been over 60 days since I was able to use my account thus them so-called closing an account that they can't even verify the right social security I want my funds and account permanently closed with TCF bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TCF Bank?

Original review: July 23, 2019

I chose TCF because of the free checking, but unless you have money in your account they will not release any funds. If you've ever had any overdrafts, that makes it worse. People go through things, TCF doesn't care. They seem heartless and don't care about their customers. After this last experience I will NEVER bank with them again. Also, the local branches that I've been to here in MKE (Miller Park and North side branches) are horrible at customer service, explaining things, following procedures. They seem to make up their own rules, as if the banks are independent of one another. Maybe they are? Either way, I wouldn't recommend TCF to my worst enemy.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I wake up one morning to a stolen wallet & well over 5,000 in charges on my debit card. Due to this happening, I lost all my savings and promptly called my TCF to report fraud. After doing so, I wait patiently to get my funds back and file a police report. Upon doing all these things, I get a letter stating that the transactions will not be getting reverse due to the fact that I was INVOLVED and knowing that these transactions were going on. I could not believe my eyes and upon calling customer service I received no help and a extremely rude and bland woman who refused to be of any help whatsoever. I honestly can't believe the bank would not reimburse me for what has been taken away and now I sit here in despair and hopelessness.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I called to speak to a lead representative. His name was Xavier. Her was being very sarcastic and rude over the phone. I been with TCF for a year... Some warned me not to do business with them. I have 300$ worth of late fees. Within a month. When I sat down to go through the process to be bank with them I was not aware that they will take 37$ every time something didn't follow through with my account. His customer service skills was very poor and so as the service with them. I will be going back to Chase!!!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

TCF has a ridiculous habit of putting transactions off until your account is low enough to collect overdraft fees. I opted into the overdraft service as a "just in case" fall back. This past weekend I had made purchase for rent and daycare and wifi and electric with enough to cover those charges. That Monday I made a few emergency purchases I was expecting an overdraft fee for.

Come Tuesday I found that all of my transactions were set as pending and that the purchases I made Monday put my account negative which resulted in overdraft fees for each purchase I made with sufficient funds. On top of that, I was charged overdraft fees for the emergency purchases as well even though the bank explained that those emergency transactions were posted and what caused the overdraft charges on the transactions the previous Friday. To sum it all up, I was charged an overdraft fee for every transaction made, even the ones full covered by funds because TCF puts transactions off for days at a time.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I closed my dad’s estate account because TCF notified me that they would start charging me $10 a month because of inactivity. They made the refund check out to my deceased father and, because of this, my bank will not deposit/cash it. I do not have a local TCF branch by me. I was on hold for 52 minutes with TCF to see if they could reissue the check in the living peoples’ names (my mom and I were on the account) but they will not. Now I have a check I can’t do anything with and TCF is basically keeping our money. I do not recommend doing business with TCF!

TCF Bank Company Information