Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

T. Rowe Price

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Jan. 26, 2018

11 T. Rowe Price Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Poor customer service from representatives as well as Management. I’ve been waiting for almost 3 weeks to transfer ownership of shares. From managers not understanding my requests to sending me the wrong forms to taking over a week to find out who needs to sign off on the new, correct form at T Rowe-unbelievable. Today, Doug **, manager informed me that the person that needs to sign the form has been sick this week and last week and there’s no one taking his place that can sign the form. So you’re upset I’m closing my account and think you can stall this process because that is a ridiculous excuse. To think at one point they managed over $100,000 of my portfolio. Scary. Don’t invest with this company. Invest with Fidelity, they understand customer service.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

T. Rowe Price is very thoughtful and very strong. Buying them is very easy in either my taxable account or my IRA or 401k. Record keeping is deliberately fluid and transparent. I can match my funds to the markets and benchmarks very easily. It has a broad universe of choices in all asset classes. The fees are lower than average and there are K1s. I like that I get an American on the 1-800 number. But I would like for them to offer funds with a little more risk in their DC universe. It is frustrating to only be offered large cap, mid cap and then target date funds.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They are very easy to deal with and have never had any problems as of yet; hopefully they will stay in business with all these robo advisors. All funds should have a human advisor to speak with initially but maybe have a computer do the rest. I am always able to get an answer the first time that I call and have gotten great returns considering past market performance. I have had these funds for a long time and have been really pleased with the whole experience and will continue to do business with them as long as fees are kept to a minimal. Perhaps they should incorporate a computer program like other robo advisors to cut down on cost. Most companies are offering this so I don't know why they don't conform and go along like everyone else.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I went online to purchase my funds account. It was an easy process for me to accomplish. T. Rowe Price has great services and allows you to customize your money and resources for maximum effect. I have aspirations to become part of the company. Overall, I like the company and what it stands for. It has great customer satisfaction and the employees are nice and friendly to me.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

T. Rowe Price has provided me with clear information regarding the returns on the mutual funds (both before and after purchase) keeping me well informed as to overall performance and options in changing decisions as to placement of funds. It was easy to set up my accounts, the redeployment of funds between different funds was made as easy as possible, and I was kept appraised of the changes in situations in a TIMELY fashion. Overall, I am happy with T. Rowe Price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T. Rowe Price?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

T. Rowe Price's website is very up-to-date and easy to navigate. They ask a lot of time-consuming questions when you call to make a distribution, but they are questions that are required. They purchase the mutual funds for each employee as per the employee's choice of where to invest the funds. They also automatically change the percentage of an employee's contribution by 1% each year if the employee has agreed to it and until the maximum is reached.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

T. Rowe Price offers convenience, a mixture of higher yielding bonds, personable service and a great mutual funds service for my retirement portfolio especially for the long haul till retirement. I would like the company to offer more higher yielding stocks and higher yielding bonds to give more of choices to choose. The more choices more municipal bonds for people like me retired. I have a broker that uses T. Rowe Price and has bought many shares for my portfolio of course with my permission, been satisfied with the yields and for the long haul perfect for my retirement portfolio.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The process of purchasing and maintaining my mutual funds is easy and it can all be done online. Their mutual funds have a wide selection and their website is easy to use when making transfers between funds, especially for couch potato investors like me. The fees are reasonable too. The lower risk of using mutual funds instead of individual stocks is a feature I like. Overall I have been satisfied with them. T. Rowe Price is a good choice to use.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

T. Rowe Price has fast and effective processes that help me to streamline my transactions and perform them in the safest and most effective way, giving me the confidence to carry out any process with this institution. It is financially stable and guarantees the security of my investments and is very useful for me therefore it is a quite complete service that any entrepreneur would be happy to use. However it is ideal to seek continuous improvement and devise efficient and faster ways of performing operations.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I like the fact that T. Rowe Price's expenses are low. I also like their past performance and while I acknowledge that their past performance is no indication of future performance it gives me a comfortable feeling in a market downturns. But when I get their annual report, I have a hard time dissecting it. They tend to group other funds in their reporting. I work with Hefren-Tillotson in their managed account program and they have directed money into several of their funds and get multiple reports. They tend to put my money to work in different companies with low overall fees. I really like this feature as I believe it boosts performance. I have money in the new income fund and am very happy with the returns so far. I better yield without stretching for high yield.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

It was easy to set up a balance to my risks. With taking into the account that certain funds weren't acceptable to me because of holdings in certain countries or industries. The profile of investments is easy to upkeep and they keep me advised of other funds they are watching. Enjoyable and to this day profitable. I like their personalized recommendations to me for funds, they're acceptable. This includes funds I ask to be offered because of political or social reasons. But I worry sometimes that they are pushing funds that they have standings in as their personal recommendations. The costs are a little higher than at some discount brokers also.

T. Rowe Price expert review by ConsumerAffairs

T. Rowe Price offers a wide variety of financial products, including mutual funds, to investors. Its mutual funds are all actively managed, and many have low fees. The company was founded in 1937 and is headquartered in Baltimore.

• Financial services: T. Rowe Price offers financial services and products to meet many investors’ needs. In addition to mutual funds, its products include college savings plans, non-retirement accounts, traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs and more.

• Fund costs: T. Rowe Price prides itself on providing investors with low-cost mutual fund options. The company manages over 120 no-load mutual funds, and many of its funds have an expense ratio below that of similar funds managed by other investment firms.

• Information: Interested investors can easily find information about all T. Rowe Price’s mutual funds. They can search for funds and compare them to find one that meets their goals. The website also makes it easy to download prospectuses, shareholder reports and fact sheets.

• Client education: Consumers who want to learn more about investing can find several tools on T. Rowe Price’s website. The site has articles about retirement, college, tax and estate planning as well as charitable giving.

• ActivePlus Portfolios: Investors looking to broaden their portfolio may be interested in T. Rowe Price’s ActivePlus Portfolios. After answering a few questions online, investors are matched to one of 10 portfolio types based on their financial goals. Portfolios consist of investments in 8-13 of the company’s mutual funds, helping to give investors additional diversification. The minimum investment for an ActivePlus Portfolio is $50,000.

• Best for: busy investors.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

T. Rowe Price Company Information

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.