Student Assistance Corp.

Compare Student Loans

Research top Student Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They contacted my family members (2 family members to be exact) to ask for information about me and my student loan. Problem is I never applied for a student loan. My family gave me their number and I contacted them at (800) 562-2525 Ext ** which belonged to a representative by the name Ronnie. I asked them how did they get my information, who gave it to them and etc. Ronnie forced me to provide my DOB in order for her to answer my question. So I gave her my year only. Ronnie couldn't answer my questions and she had to transfer me to her supervisor- Chantelle.

I asked Chantelle the same set of questions and she in return asked me for the last 4 digits of my SSN. She would not tell me anything until I provided her with my last 4 SSN. She claims the information was an error that I was not the intended person. She said she would enter notes to DO NOT call on my numbers. She would not release to me how she got my numbers, especially my family's numbers. According to her, they did a skip trace and linked the numbers to me. I think that's just a bunch of **. I told her I was calling the cops and reporting their company.

They call my home 10-20x a day. Never leave a message. Call late at night. Call from "private" number.

Student Assistance Corp contacted me and offered to help bring an account that has been transferred to them resolved and returned to the original loan service. All or nothing monthly payment for 9 months from fund account to which S.A.C must have direct access. SAC refused to have the payment by mail. They want password access.

I don't know why they think it's okay to call you at your job and then ask you questions that are between you and your lender. I didn't ask for their assistance, so why do they have permission to call me?

This loan belongs (Direct Loan) of the 3 servicers, SAF took the loan over in May '12 with an automatic payment of $324.50. In Jun '12, they reduced the auto loan payment to $50.00 w/o permission or consultation - adding 5 yrs & 4Xs int. Was that legal? I doubt it. But they never answered why.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Student Assistance Corp.?

Yes, I will certainly be fair. An employee of Student Assistance Corporation promised us that she would work with us regarding two (2) student loans. She informed me a few years ago, that I could call her back, when we could pay out the principal note. I tried and tried contacting this employee, who never returned my call or communicated with me in any way, shape or form. Now Sallie Mae wants to blame us for Student Assistance Corporation's employee's mistake. Sallie Mae owns Student Assistance Corporation! It seems like that when employees represent a company, that they would do an outstanding job and get back to their clients/customers in time of need and concern. Because and due to the fact, that this employee did not communicate with me, now Sallie Mae wants over $6,400 interest to be added to a loan of $8,417.34. Again, we tried through an Attorney to pay the $8,417.34 and Sallie Mae/Student Assistance refused payment.

I do not have a student loan. I have received many phone calls from this agency in the morning, afternoon and evening over several weeks. They do not leave messages but are identified by my caller I.D.. They are disturbing the sleep of my household in the evening. The one time I talked to them they wanted information as to where my daughter lived although they had sent correspondence to my house asking me to verify her address that was correct on the correspondence they sent in my name to my house. I spoke to a Brock **, who hung up when I requested the address to their headquarters.

Yea, they're calling my mom's house, too, and I haven't been graduated long enough for the first installment to be due yet. Cassie in TN: Go to your HR department or senior management (whoever writes the paychecks) and ask to see the Court Certified Writ of Garnishment. Before your wages can be garnished, you must have a judgment against you in court. Then you must have a garnishment hearing, and lose there, too.

If you and your employer don't have any of this, then delicately take it up with your company. Unscrupulous bill collectors use this method with unknowledgeable employers all the time. You both may be the victims of fraud at this point. You may need to hire a lawyer or file a complaint with the local police. Also find out what bank these payments are being sent to via the routing number and inform them of the situation.

I started receiving calls from this company a few years back and since my loans are with Sallie Mae I reached out to them. I was told my loans were current and to disregard. Now a few months ago I got notice from my employer they were instructed to garnish my wages by this company!! I contacted Sallie Mae yet again and was told they are not garnishing my wages and my loans were up to date. The money has been coming out of my checks but is not showing up anywhere on my loans and can't get a hold of this company!!!

Yes, Student Assistance Corp is a scam. Do not respond to them at all. Simply ignore them. The government will not do anything about them. Okay. Peace! :)

I get repeated phone calls on my cell phone to call them about a student loan. I am in my 60's and never had a student loan. I called and spoke to a supervisor who said my phone number was connected to another person. They said they would correct their record, but I’m not optimistic.

Student Assistance Corporation keeps calling my cell phone number looking for an individual that I do not know and have not heard of prior to receiving their calls. I have told them multiple times that this person is not at the number they have called and has not been for more than 10 years, but they keep calling. In my last conversation, the man I spoke with said that this number keeps coming up in their research as a valid cell phone number to reach that person. I told him to quit calling and that future calls would be met with complaints to the appropriate government agencies. I doubt it will do any good. I guess I'm going to have to get my shyster attorney (who has recovered thousands of dollars for my friends from unsolicited faxes) to tackle these guys and make us both some money.

These people are calling me 5-10 times a day. We owe no money to anyone! Never been delinquent. Have no student loans!

Even in speaking to Sallie Mae about my college loans, they tell me they are not connected with Student Assistance Corp but they continue to make daily phone calls, and on some days, a total of 4+! They simply won't go away and I don't know what I can do to make them stop. Does anyone know what to do?

These people are not directly associated with Sallie Mae. They are a firm doing business with them under either a shady contract type operation or they are piggy backing on their clients' data. They perhaps are more or less a collections agency with a fancy title. They are enforcers for a loan shark company like Sammie Mae in other bleak terms. My loans are on deferment pending a review to lower my payments and apparently, someone with Sallie Mae panicked and contacted these people before contacting me.

I consolidated my student loans with a totally different company and they still continue to call me. I even have an email that says my loan is paid in full via Sallie Mae. These multiple calls per day are really annoying!

They are rude and very unwilling to help. I’ve made numerous calls and have been yelled at by more than one representative, and they flat out refuse to be of any assistance. I’ve consolidated my loans through another lender, and my loans with TSAC were included. But they offset my tax refund anyways and refuse to be of any help in getting it back. They also told me they would send my refund to the consolidation place to pay on my student loans. Well, it’s not their money and they shouldn’t be allowed to decide how I spend it!

For several months now, they have been calling my place of business (a business I own) every day (up to 2 times per day) asking for me. They want me to "verify" my information without telling me what they want, what they do or what they're using my information for. For all I know they could be stealing my identity. They claim that they know about my current student loans, but fail to provide to me what they need from me. They even go as far to say they are not selling me anything. They're very aggressive on the call to keep the conversation going and avoid you asking any questions. Clearly a sales call. If you get upset at all, they'll put you on hold for a long time or hang up.

I've asked numerous times to be taken off the list, yet they do not (isn't that against the law? My next complaint I'll be seeking out). I asked to speak to a supervisor, who appeared to have less of an education than the person I first spoke to. Same vague responses about nothing specific. They couldn't tell me what he wanted and hung up when I became angry. They are harassing me, my employees and wasting valuable time and money. I will seek a way to sue them for harassment, invasion of privacy and seek out damages to my business.

We have received many calls from this number even though the person they are calling for has not lived here for 20 years and his student loan is on an automatic withdrawal payment plan. Why is this company allowed these continual calls? We do not answer the calls when we see the number, but it is unsettling to have a phone ringing several times a day from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. Are there no protective laws against this practice?

I keep on getting calls from Student Assistance Corporation concerning my college loan. I called Sallie Mae where my loans are under and they told me I don't owe any money. My loans are on deferment and I won't owe any money until December 2013. How can I get these annoying calls to stop?

I have been receiving telephone call from the Student Assistance Corporation from the last two months. On most days, I get at least two calls per day. It is a computer-generated call that asks for my daughter. My daughter has not lived at home for 12 years. I answer the calls to tell them that my daughter and two children are living in a temporary housing at Fort Lewis, Washington. My son-in-law is deployed. My daughter was a teacher before the family was moved and her husband deployed. The army has moved the family three times in the last two years. I explained this to the people from the Students Assistance Corporation yet they call twice a day. The call I received yesterday, after I told the operator the story again, told me that I needed to help my daughter and pay the payment for her.

I am a 60-year-old man, who was laid off 18 months ago. I am barely able to make my house payments and have had to sell my car. The operator's request really set me off. Today when they called, I told the story again and told the operator not to tell me to make the payment. She said that no one from Student Assistance Corporation would ever ask me that. She told me that she did not believe me when I told her that I was asked to make the payment. I asked her if the Students Assistance Corporation was a government agency or was it a for-profit corporation. She said that she did not know. She put her supervisor on the phone. The supervisor refused to tell me anything, except that they were located in Indiana. I asked for an address and she gave me a PO box number. She then told me that if I would give them my daughter's phone number, that they would stop calling me. I asked her again what company did she work for and she told me that I was yelling at her and she did not have to take it.

I understand that she did not have to talk with me, but I had to put up with their phone calls everyday even when they know the person that they are calling is not here. I did find out that the Student Assistance Corporation is Sallie Mae. I also found out that they are breaking Georgia's law by making harassing calls, two times a day and telling me to pay my daughter's payment. These people know that I cannot afford a lawyer, that is how they can treat people any way that benefits them. I am asking my state to help me with this. I wish I had the money to pay them. I wish that I had the money to pay for my child's education. I spent many years paying monthly payments for my own education. I am still paying on my own master's degree. The for-profit economic system we have in America is great for the haves, but us have-not are being beat daily. I get enough beating for debits I owe, but taking a beating for someone else's is hard to take.

These people keep sending me emails saying my loans are defaulting. I just consolidated all of my loans and I am current with my payments. There is no greeting in these messages and no account information at all. At first they said it was Sallie Mae, then when I said I had no loans with Sallie Mae, they sent me an email that just said, "The lender is Nelnet." I told them no and to stop sending me emails, but they insist that I owe money to them. I have moved quite a few times and have changed numbers a few times also. I feel bad for anyone who has those numbers now.

Incessant phone calls - Calling claiming that I am overdue on student loans (never had one) and that it is urgent that my son, Daniel, call them immediately. There is no opportunity to speak - a robocall?

The incessant phone calls started when ACS purchased the student loan from Wells Fargo. They have Student Assistance Corporation call us multiple times on a daily basis. Most are robo-calls starting at 8 am. And if I wait on the line to get a human, they eventually verify that the account is in good standing and say they will take care of the calls. The account is paid automatically from my bank account and always has been. There has never been a late or missed payment, so they say they don't see the problem. Yet the calls keep coming.

I have also initiated calls to them, asking them to fix it, and they tell me I'm mistaken and they have no record of calls going to me and that it must be another student loan. I make the call using the call return of their number that called me. My phone log is full of their number calling me several times a day and I don't have any other student loans and never have. Explaining this to them usually gets a surly attitude, often with being put on indefinite hold while they “check” or just hung up on. I've been told numerous times that it would be resolved, but it's been a year and it is just harassment. I'm considering legal action.

I received robo calls from Student Assistance Corp every morning for someone I have no connection to and who does not live here. There was no option for replying that the call is in error. When I hold for a live person and explain that the call is in error and I do not wish to be called again, my request is ignored and I get the same robo call the next morning. This has gone on for weeks. The workers there must be forced to change their practices.

My son has an outstanding student loan for which he has been in contact with Sallie Mae and had a deferment arrangement. As his mother, I even verified this information not because I do not trust my son, but because we receive at least three robocalls a day from several phone numbers, but they all revert back to Student Assistance Corp. This has been going on for at least four months, and I have had enough. I even contacted Sallie Mae myself and arranged a payment plan for my son since he just found a full-time job last month and neither of us will give his employer information for income withholding and risk jeopardizing his new job. I have filed several complaints on other debt collectors with my State AG's office and I will have to pursue that avenue with Student Assistance if they do not cease the harassment after people have started making payments.

I am getting 2-4 calls a day for someone known as Lashandra(?) **, whom I don't know. She has not lived here in the past 9 years. I've also had the above

phone number for 9 years. My number is listed under L. **. I guess they think that's Lashandra. There is no option on the recorded phone calls to complain or straighten this out.

Telephone harassment; frequent phone calls to former home number at which the victim no longer resides.

This so-called company keeps calling my mother, whom I don't live with, stating I owe a student loan. I graduated from high school 1983 and never went to college or even attempted to get a student loan in my life. I called ** per my mother to ask them: 1.) to remove her telephone number from their records a.s.a.p.; 2.) explain how/why they insist I have some outstanding loan; 3.) remove any and all of my info from their records.

I spoke to some guy named Evan today--very rude! I gave him my mom's telephone number at least 5 times, asking him to remove it. I told him I’m upset she's being harassed for something I don't even owe. His response was I needed to verify my birth-date, which I refused; then he wanted the last 4 digits of my SSN, which I refused also. He kept telling me I'm interrupting him and not listening, etc. Anyway, I asked him to tell me what he had on file for my birth year and he was 10 years off! He still insisted I verify the SSN, so I gave him the last 4 which he claimed he didn't have. So I then again asked him to remove mom's telephone number; he continued to be rude, then told me he can't remove it until I gave him my number, which I refused. I then asked for a supervisor; he refused to give me one and kept threatening to end the call. I told him I'll call back myself. When I called again, the phone rang constantly. My next move is to report this to the attorney general’s office and anyone else that may be able to do something about these idiots!

For several months, I have gotten 3 to 5 calls a day from this number. They are asking for my daughter Chandra who lives in Maine and hasn't lived here in many years. I have spoken many times with several of their operators in the last month or so and have informed them of this each time. Apparently, my daughter is behind on a student loan payment. They wanted her personal phone number but, for understandable reasons, I refuse to give them the information. They refuse to stop calling me and can be quite rude about it! I suffer from a rare auto-immune disease which is very painful and tiring to say the least. I have had 4 big spinal surgeries and don't need this burden! Wish you could help. Thanks.

Student Assistance Corp. Company Profile