Andrew PolacekInvestments & Banking Contributing Editor
Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.
Stifel's Investment Banking practice is principally focused on the middle market. The firm manages public offerings of equity and debt securities, raises debt and equity in the private markets, and initiates, structures, and negotiates mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Stifel has extensive financial advisory and capital-raising experience, having completed over 3,100 public offerings, 900 M&A transactions and 400 private placements since 2000.
- IPOs: Stifel has historically done more public offerings of equity and debt than any other type of transaction. If you are considering taking your middle market company public, Stifel is a good option to consider. As strategic advisor, underwriter, or placement agent, Stifel provides the insight and expertise require from a full-service investment bank and is able to bring the full resources of its institutional capital markets platform and retail brokerage network.
- Senior leadership: Stifel’s investment banking arm includes Thomas Weisel, the former head of Thomas Weisel Partners Group and a board member of the NASDAQ, and Dick Himelfarb, the former Head of Investment Banking at Legg Mason. These connections can be incredibly important, especially if an IPO is the direction a company wants to go.
- U.S. and Europe geographic focus: Stifel’s investment bank has offices in Baltimore, St. Louis, San Francisco, Philadelphia, New York, Boca Raton, Florham Park, NJ, Chicago, Bethesda, MD, Houston and London.
- Focus on twelve specific industry groups: Stifel’s focus is on aerospace, defense and government services, consumer & retail, education, energy and natural resources, financial institutions, gaming, lodging and leisure, healthcare, industrials, maritime, real estate, technology and transportation and logistics.
- Best for Owners of privately held corporations, owners of publicly traded companies,, owners of family held businesses, executives at any type of middle market business,, representatives at private equity firms and family offices, and representatives of local governments and sovereigns.
Compare Investment Banks
Stifel Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 501 N. Broadway
- St. Louis
- Postal Code:
- United States