Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,307,388 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023
I don’t even want to give them one star. I own a tobacco store smoke shop. Been doing business for over a year and a half. All the sudden I get a email about being non-compliant because we sell pipes. They say it was drug paraphernalia. I explain to them that we sell pipe tobacco and then they didn’t take in anything. I said they just kept mentioning CBD. I told them I don’t sell CBD. I sell tobacco. When I first started they froze my money and it was hell to get it back. Now after a year and a half later of them knowing that I am a smoke shop they are telling me what and what not that I could sell and if I sell it, they will freeze my money after I paid $3000 per register for my business and a total of two which is going to be a big loss $6000. But sometimes you have to take a loss to take a win so I’m going to switch companies and I recommend if anybody is opening any kind of tobacco store do not use Square. It is a total rip off and a bunch of unneeded stress!!!.
Reviewed June 19, 2023
This company holds onto your hard earned money for as long as a month before depositing your money into your account. Called many times to try and get my money, spoke to several supervisors and finally they released my money to my account after 36 days!! My advice to everyone in business, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!
Thanks for subscribing.
You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2022
I had a customer that disagreed that I had a disagreement with it so I'm wisely. He placed a dispute on for payments he made me. Well after the dispute was canceled from American Express. It still took a square several months to acknowledge it was canceled and return my money. This is an awful awful place. These are awful awful people.
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022
Square takes ALL my sensitive data, assuring my app happiness to come, then locked me out of MY SENSITIVE DATA while telling me “so sorry, you’re not eligible to link a card and we can’t tell you why and we can’t guarantee any future success!” After failed efforts to talk to a live person, BUUUUT there’s NO PHONE NUMBER TO SPEAK WITH A LIVE PERSON!! I will now hold SQUARE responsible For any succeeding identity theft. You’re the worst company so far, even worst than banks!
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021
Do not put your trust in Square at all. There is no back up for this company aka whoever owns it. They will hold your money for no reason. They have held my money and claim. There's disputes pending. Hmm.
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021
We operate a business providing reports for the real estate industry. In order to take a requested credit card payment from a client we opened an account with Square. All information requested by Square was provided except for the password to our bank account. Square processed the credit card payment to their account and continued to ask for additional information which was provided. Conversations with their "Customer Service" representatives indicated what additional information was needed and it was provided, and the Customer Service representative indicated that all needed information had been received. Square is now indicating that our business is not one that they support and are holding the credit card payment in their account and will not be sending funds to our bank account for over three months, and we have no guarantee that they will do so based on reviews by others having the same experience. DO NOT USE this company.
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2021
After so many years of using Square POS, they have frozen my funds. What a shock...I have complied with their requests, my business registration, and transactions, Which they have on file. I even send them my EIN number and a copy of my licenses and more. The resolution department is holding my funds and there is no one to speak to about this. My account is still active but after all this, I will never use them again. I have invested a lot of money on their equipment. I found out that they did have a class action suit against them. I looked into the BBB and they still have a good rating. How! Can a company do this and get away with it? I find this to be a very unfair practice.
Reviewed March 28, 2019
I am a Federally licensed loan officer with Student loan debt that just doesn't seem to go away. I found this company online and wanted in sharing my experience. I spoke with a Senior Debt Advisor here who provided me with a complimentary no cost and no obligation estimate. It was such an eye opening review that helped me understand the difference in federal loans and private student loans. This company doesn't currently accept enrollment of any Federal student loans into their program- however they helped guide me to the correct place where I could receive help needed on my Federal loans. They guided me through all of my relief options. Although there are currently no debt discharge programs or loan forgiveness on private student loan debt, I learned just from the estimate alone what is possible on savings with their debt reduction program and I was amazed!
I found, most companies that offer a similar program charge at least 20% of the enrolled debt amount in addition to even more pricey monthly costs. Thank you for helping me see the light at the end of this student loan debt tunnel and as it turns out this program could save me, not only a lot of time but Money too! Because of this company and their staff I could finally say "DONE and DONE" with these student loans! Thank you Square One Resolutions!
Reviewed March 28, 2019
I received a complimentary & no obligation quote. The debt advisor I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helped me understand all my options regarding my private student loan debt. I decided to go with their program as it is much more cost efficient especially compared to average attorney cost and office charges. I will definitely save more money in the long run.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2018
I sent inv. to creep in Germany to sell vintage item. Long story short, he gets it, sends me email stating he got it, then few days later puts in claim that he has never received it!!! Square Up/One emails me for any docs I have. I sent them proof of delivery, plus all correspondence (emails) and email stating he got it and is very happy with it! They tell me it takes 3 months. 5 days short of it being 3 months, and couple calls I made before then, I S/W dispute dept. Gal there says, "Oh yes we are corresponding with American Express." Called again S/3 guy, "No we are not corresponding with A.E.," We wait until 3 months then we hear from them. Well I called n S/W A.S. For half hour guy is so nice there, tells me, "Ask them for original notification from us that contains buyers 15 digit cr number, because you have that right to do so."
And they dont take 3 months for a non fraud claim, only about one month or less esp. if provided with info. I told them I provided Square Up/One with!! I called S/W Rachael, and she became irate, esp. towards end that I told her I am recording this convo, since they claim they are also recording. So she ended the convo with me. Just as I thought, they either are holding my hundreds of dollars, because they are collecting interest from it or they plan on keeping it. Because A.E. said the reason he cannot find claim/Dispute because its been handled a long time ago.
I will now be contacting FDCPA and I will get my monies back! A.E. was gonna do a "reverse search" on the cr card number, but obviously Square One/Up doesnt want to be caught in a damn lie!! So no info was given me. I will now have my brother in law get involved as he is an attorney, I rest assure you I will get back more than $450.00. I dont recommend them, they are as crooked as the other big timers.
Square One Resolutions questions and answers
- What problem is Square One Resolutions trying to solve?
- Too many people who attended a for-profit school have debts that they cannot afford and that they should not be even asked to pay. Yet, collectors seeking payments on for-profit school debt do not stop, even though the schools made promises that they could not keep. Our company seeks to challenge the ability for a collector to even ask for more money and reduce the student’s payments structure and overall debt burden.
- What sets Square One Resolutions apart from the competition?
- Some companies consolidate student loan debt. Some companies engage the collectors directly to settle student loan debt. Square One Resolutions gathers student information, and through collaborations with consultants and attorneys, directly challenges lenders and collectors in their abilities to collect at all. Square One Resolutions charges for these services, locking in an interest-free payment plan that saves students upwards of 60% over the life of the original loans they entered into.
- What needs does Square One Resolutions fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Many former students of for-profit colleges in America have been sold a worthless degree at a premium cost. In seeking to better themselves and their families, they entered into crippling student loan agreements, added no real value to their resumes and then were forced to fall back into the same low-paying jobs they had before entering school. Our company is the only company in the country that will accept a significantly lower payment from the student and promise them that that payment is all they will ever pay. And they won’t pay the lender. It is new. It is innovative. And it can be scary to new consumers. But we are undaunted. This system of over-lending, of promises of jobs that never existed must be challenged. It must end. And we will be here.
- How does Square One Resolutions measure success?
- Client satisfaction. Period. We seek this through the forced cancellation of underlying debt through the collection of client information, school and lending experience.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- Consumers do not trust the promises made by companies in this industry. Unfortunately, there will always be bad actors, taking advantage of those that are just looking for help with their payments. We stand by our promises and make guarantees that the only fees paid by the consumer to us are the only fees they will pay in the entire life of the loan from the school or lender. No payments to the lender. No payments to the school. No payments to lawyers or to courts. No exceptions. Ever.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- This industry has changed by constantly innovating to match the increasingly-aggressive tactics of the debt collection industry. Square One’s flagship program, Private Student Loan Protection, is a perfect example of this innovation. It focuses on challenging the collector’s right to collect a debt that was most likely based on false promises within the for-profit college lending space.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Square One Resolutions?
- Square One Resolutions is on the cutting edge of the challenge-end of the industry and that we take our role in helping consumers reduce their overall payments structure very seriously.
Square One Resolutions Company Information
- Company Name:
- Square One Resolutions
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.