2.97/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Social Security Administration

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Social Security Administration Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Abuse of the disabled. 6 problems. They sent me a letter telling me to call them, but the number on the letter is the wrong number. The extension on the letter is the wrong number. The appointment time was for before they even open the office, someone from there had called me, but they hung up on me, and finally, they turned off my benefits for a month just because my landlord hadn't taken my rent payment, and finally, they say I owe them $2,570 because of donations my parents made to a non-profit organization. I am told that I'm due for a re-evaluation, but seems like they can't get the job done. I will have my SSI taken away and it will be their fault, 4 fold. I will try a 3rd time tomorrow, but they told me to my face that they don't care if I end up homeless because of this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I got letter aug 15th and it nov 23 and I haven't got my excess premiums refund where I canceled part b yet. Letter said soon, the Social Security Administration said they sent payment center messages but no answer and their boss sent a email. They said the boss there. Why is it taking so long to get the Social Security Administration? Said they cant release the money. Payment center has to send it cms the money was release back to them. So why haven't I got it? They get upset if you call check on it. They told me to just wait on it. They're rude, they dont want to help. Get runaround. They need people who care help.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

After a multi year battle with this corrupt agency I finally got approved. Now that I’m approved they are delaying payment of my retroactive benefits. There is zero accountability. Managers don’t answer phones yet bring in 6 figure salaries. It also doesn’t appear there is any kind of education requirement to work at the SSA. All of the people I’ve spoken with don’t speak proper English. The entire agency needs to be disbanded and privatized. Our government is not good at holding its employees accountable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My mom called to report an address change and asked we the previous address, the rep rudely said no one was allowed to help her and I told her she's an almost 80yr woman and she asked me a question. The rep was furious and went back and forth we me stating no one can help my mom. After she got to a different question my mom told her if I could her help and the rep said yes if you allow her. Seriously?? These people need better training on how to handle customers, after all they do get paid for this service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

If you are a fan of unprofessionalism, ** and shiftless service.... then this is your office. No one knows what they are doing and after the 4th or 5th call you can clearly see why. The bum supervisor, Mr. ** NEVER returns calls, even if messages are placed directly on his desk. So sad that this piece of excrement is in charge of services that affect people's livelihood. What a sorry example of leadership he is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I called social security and spoke to a representative a few months ago to get a Direct Benefit card because I closed my bank account. They issued me a new card that I received and funds never placed on card. Call the representative and they did not understand and hung the phone up being upset at me because I question them on why would I go to a bank that’s close account to ask for my benefits. I go to our local branch which cater to all of West Michigan, remind you just one branch, so you are literally waiting for over 3 to 4 hours just to talk to a in person representative. That’s so insane, then they close for lunch leaving upset customers who been waiting since Social Security Administration open. That’s just really insane, immoral, and darn right not right. You would think all the money government control that they will hire more people to service the people. Greedy government. It’s a shame.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The worst administration to ever have to deal with. No one knows anything, lost paperwork, never a confirmation, status update, NOTHING. It is so disgusting with all of the technology we have today to have to deal with terrible customer service & lack of knowledge from this administration. To say they should be ashamed of themselves is an understatement. Hopefully everything you put people through, especially grieving families, will one day come back to haunt you. Multiple, timely phone calls, submitted “3” 1724 forms, no one knows anything, lost original documents, SSA is a total disgrace!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

In Orange County, California, in most, if not all government agencies, if you are a Vietnamese, regardless how old and/or what kind of language you are more influence, your case will be assigned to a Vietnamese worker. WHY? The truth is, in Orange County, California, the Vietnamese were disliked and/or discriminated against the Vietnamese. As a Vietnamese, when I came to the local SSA to apply for the benefits, after my case was wrongly handled by 2 Vietnamese workers. I then asked that my case be handled by a non Vietnamese, my case is still handled by the Vietnamese workers, even in the hearing. This is my first time to deal with the Orange County SSA, but I had been hearing about this kind of problems for a long time. What is going on? I hope this review is posted and hope all Vietnamese, whose had this problem be voicing your opinion, so hope they will change their rules.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had to contact Social Security today to speak with them about a Medicare issue and frankly I am just fed up with their representatives! I work in an industry where I have routine contact with Medicare on behalf of clients and I have come across some very rude reps so I knew what I might encounter. Today I was calling on a personal matter and simply needed a form sent to me. After being on hold for over a half an hour the woman picks up and I identify myself. I let her know I had spoken with a rep on Monday (assuming she might see this in their notes in their system) and I was calling back as instructed. I was told to call back after following up with another entity regarding the issue I was calling about. Before I finished explaining exactly what I needed, she went down a rabbit trail and began talking about something having nothing to do with why I was calling.

When I tried to correct her she raised her voice and spoke very disrespectfully with me telling me "that is NOT what you said." When I attempted to correct the conversation she terminated the call with no warning by transferring me to the online survey regarding her service. ALL I NEED IS A FORM! It should not be that hard. Unless I have missed something, our taxes pay for their positions. While they should not have to be subjected to rude and abusive consumers, we certainly should not have to be subjected to their rudeness, condescending tone and them simply hanging up on us. What happened to problem solving? What happened to trying to resolve an issue? What happened to Kindness? To respect? Excuse me, but I work hard to pay your salary!

I called back in the hopes of getting another rep and the wait is now over an hour long! The saddest part about this is because of the work I do I know this to be the rule and not the exception... WHY Social Security workers and Medicare workers are so ugly, mean and obnoxiously rude is beyond me! The worst part is, they have the power to control everything and that to me is dangerous. So disappointed in what we have become.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The staff member couldn’t handle her responsibility and instead chose to side with not wanting to complete the request and instead of getting help from another staff, she waved a security guard to do her bidding. So I left unhelped myself but awarded this staff with my energy.

Social Security Administration Company Information