3.9/5 (796 ratings)

About Regions Bank

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

In late August, my Visa credit card was scammed; but, I did not know where it happened. The next few days, there were fraudulent charges appearing on my account. I reported them and Regions canceled the Visa card and removed the charges. I received my new card a few weeks later and the first time I used it was at a POS device at a grocery store. The very next day, a $106 unauthorized charge appeared on my Visa account. This happened on the 3rd of Sept and I reported it on the 4th. Again, Regions cancelled the card; but, they although they accepted my dispute report, they did not put a hold on the fraudulent charge.

Late in the evening on the 4th, two more charges appeared ($658.72 & $305.38) on the cancelled account. Immediately, on the 5th of Sept, I again reported and disputed those two fraudulent charges. Regions accepted the dispute and said they would "investigate" and send me a letter within 30 days of the results of their investigations... I just received their summation where they deny my dispute and say that I had either "authorized or participated in the charges". They do not provide their findings... such as how they determined their conclusions... were there signatures??? I have been a responsible Regions customer for more than twenty years; however, this has cost me $1070 and makes me want to find another bank.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Every time you want to log in you have to have a text sent to your phone and twice validate, every time! I tried to contact someone from the company about it to potentially change the settings but the website literally bounces you from page to page looking for a "message me" button that doesn't seem to exist. The feedback button does not open the page which could be blocked by cookies but all of that time spent looking and trying to get a message to customer service is time wasted. Companies make it so hard to get in touch with someone when you have an issue and that needs to be a thing of the past.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Replacement card was requested 8/11/22. On 9/11/22, since it had not been received, that account was closed and a new card requested. It was again not received, so a replacement was requested on 10/5/22. In the meantime, the temporary card has expired. It cannot be extended. It cannot be reordered via phone. The closest office with Saturday hours is 65 miles away and only open until noon. All offices are closed until Tuesday due to a Monday Holiday. I have no access to my own funds and the newest card has a 7 - 10 BUSINESS DAY lead time to arrive, so I can expect it around 10/19.

The ONLY suggestion is to visit my branch, close the current Now Card and begin this completely absurd process again. No one felt that having to issue the card for the third time indicated that perhaps it won't be good customer service to overnight it! Yes, I am researching other banking options. I cannot begin to express my disdain for this lack of customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I the account holder deposited a check on September 25th through the mobile banking. I knew that I needed the funds to be available before I was to travel to Hermosillo, MX. I called on Monday to confirm the check would be release and Chavon explain the with the night transaction the funds would be available. I arrive in Mexico on Wednesday and there is a hold on the check for 8 days. I call the fraud department because the account was placed on restriction while in Mexico. It's a good thing that I don't have all my eggs in the same bank(basket). There was no urgency to get this corrected.

I returned to the States on October 3rd and I reached out to the bank in person to Tracy A. ** the bank Financial Relationship Sr. Consultant Assistant Vice President., such a big title for someone that didn't provide any help and didn't give me a call back as promised. The funds was due to be released on the 4th and the account is still lock and restricted.

I received a call from the teller Vicki (Vicky) and she wanted the check issuer's information because Wells Fargo would not confirm the check for processing. I was told that I would get a call back from her as well and nothing. I called the bank and was placed on HOLD until the bank closed at 5pm and I held thinking someone was going to answer. I was on hold for 30 minutes.

This bank is the worst... No matter how much patience you have these banks are the worst. I have EFT that are due to drop on Wednesday for rent and the Duke Energy and phone bill. I hope they don't charge me for the NSF that they have been stealing from all their consumers. There is a $191 million lawsuit that was just rewarded.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I opened an account to receive a promotional bonus. I asked multiple times about fees and was assured if I met their criteria, I would not get any fees. But, surprise! I still got a fee. Honestly, I expected it based on some of the other reviews, but they offered $400 to open a new account, so I thought it was still worth it. I got the bonus and naturally wanted to close the account due to the high fees. At first, I thought I couldn't figure it out online because it is a very poorly designed online banking experience, which it is, but it turns out my account was locked! They would not allow me to withdraw the money unless I visited a branch or sent them a notarized letter. I read a review below, and it looks like they'll charge me a fee to close the account. There are plenty of better banking options out there. Avoid Regions.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Be very wary of opening any kind of account with Regions Bank. They play bait and switch with their customers and do not honor their bonus offers. Regions makes their customers jump through hoops to earn their bonus offer as an incentive on to open a new account however when it’s time for Regions to honor the incentive the customers will be denied the bonus offer despite meeting all requirements. I have contacted my district attorney’s office as well as the BBB. I have posted many reviews on Google and Yelp about my experience with Regions Bank as well as telling my story to friends, co-workers and neighbors.

I am putting the word out and have halted over 8 potential Regions customers from opening an account and 4 others to close their current account with Regions and bank with another institution. I encourage all other Regions Bank customers who have been denied their bonus offer to do the same. This fraudulent practice by Regions Bank is not only unethical, in the eyes of the law this is completely illegal. Regions Bank does not value their customers.

It is extremely difficult if not impossible to do business with an unethical banking institution such as Regions Bank that you cannot trust. They do not honor their business dealing and are very unprofessional. Until Regions makes this right this will be my personal mission to get the word out on how dishonest Regions Bank is to their customers. Major red flag to bank with this company that couldn’t care less about doing the right thing and honoring their promotions. Regions is a den of thieves. Bank with them at your own risk.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

To begin, I Yasmine ** account holder at Regions Bank deposited a check in the of $4,875.00, on August 9, 2022. The check was endorsed by my attorney for an settlement against a Company. I deposited the check through Mobile Banking. I requested for the funds to become available immediately, such as available next business day. However, a hold was placed on the check for 8 days. The funds had been stated to become available on August 17, 2022. On the other hand, the fund had been cleared on the 15th of August 2022 by the check bank; but the funds were placed for fraud at Regions Bank where I am a account holder, and where the deposit was originally made through Mobile Banking. I was instructed to visit a branch.

I visited my home branch, where my account was opened. I provided my identification. I made statement of true and honest knowledge of my check. The bank

teller informed me that the check, and the funds would be release or available on August 18,2022. On the contrary, the funds are sitting in the account, but the account is locked and blocked from usage; due to unknown reasons as of August 18, 2022. Furthermore, my check is legitimate and cleared by the issuing bank but I am unable to receive my funds. This is really inconvenient to my daily life and the usage of my funds. For unreasonable reasons. It is now August 19, 2022, and Regions Bank have not released funds clearly showing no concern for its customer, as well as a lack of urgency to complete investigation. The company act as if it is collecting collateral off of my funds.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I am not a Regions customer and never will be. I used my debit card at the Pearl, MS branch and it was retained by the machine with no explanation. They could not care less. Teller simply said it could be a number of reasons and Regions could do nothing as the ATM is serviced by Loomis. Regions later sent me a letter saying, "Sorry contact your bank," which I had already done, and they had no problems whatsoever with my debit card. A letter to Loomis went unanswered. I am having an attorney contact Regions, but beware if you are traveling and need access to your money!

Original review: June 29, 2022

Don't go to Regions. I have been with Regions since 2019 here in Nashville. I have had my debit card block more than 50 times for transaction that is recurring and transaction I do e every week. So they lie to you and all they do on the phone is say, "I understand and I am sorry." No that don't understand unless they are in our shoes. They lie about your account and won't admit their fault but yet use you to cover up their mistakes. Heck if I had to go to bathroom and pay to go they will block it.

I have had purchases that I had almost paid off and not. I have to start all over again paying them off because of Regions blocking the card. Which I could have a job hitting the fraud button. That would be a easy job. Now all they want to do is verify for the third time in two weeks if info is correct. See they don't care because they are sitting in a cool office hitting buttons and me and my family is homeless sleeping in a vehicle. They don't care. They just wanted to get me off of the phone.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I entered the Cedartown, GA branch today, after receiving my long awaited disability and back pay. Only to be treated like my money was not welcome there. I asked to open a checking account and Patricia **, who works there, looked at another lady who works there, and said, "I am not going to do it." To which the other lady responded, "Neither am I." This was not at closing time and there were only three customers in the bank excluding myself. At that point I was embarrassed and humiliated and told them thank you anyway and left. I cannot believe that I was treated with such blatant disrespect. I would advise anyone who does not necessarily "look the part" to think twice before giving them your business. And I intend to communicate this to everyone in every way possible in my hometown.

Regions Bank Company Information