3.6/5 (383 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Regions Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

This bank for 9 months has did activity in my account. Several customers are angry with this local worse bank in century. Ok so last August how you send money to credit card and take back and make me pay; last September you give IRS and take back and re again December as a $200 payment once a new agreement with them set! Crooks I promise!!!! Yesterday took the cake for me and never banking there again!!!! They will be paid by the 30 day mark and that is it and never ever never!!! They try to make my job Uber not give me rides but to bank they paid every day I should never see longevity overdraft period. As they curiously. I was told they pay back is 7days then 30 days!!! I am in absolute anger!! Don’t bank with them then my IRA account they rejected as wire transfer and then took it!! How when it was under review at Fidelity! Crooks! Then placed it in my bank account as a negative!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I had missed a call from Regions Bank and I returned it. The lady let me know that the company I work for loan is 34 days past due. I told her that I’ve been a week and a Hospital and just got out but when I get back to the office I will look into the matter. She proceeded to push me to go ahead and pay over the phone and I reiterated that I am not at the office and I just got out of the hospital after a week stay. The disappointing thing is regions has built this big PR campaign on relationships but this lady Was unconcerned about my state of health and just wanted to get a payment. Sidenote. I have banked with regions Bank for at least 20 years. I am not a fly by customer. Sad and disheartening regions has gotten to this point.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I wanted to use the external transfer service from Regions Bank checking account to another bank's checking. When I asked beforehand, I was informed that there would be no fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer and was said to feel free to do it without worries. However, I was charged $3 as the outbound service fee. After seeing this, I contacted 3-4 agents by phone, and all of them said the $3 fee was charged by another bank, not Regions. Now, it turned out that Regions bank actually DID charge $3 for the outbound external transfer. A Regions banker says that they are sorry but that there's nothing they can do about this.

I am not happy, because I did the external transfer only based on the Region's bank agent's misinformation. Also, I am surprised that 3-4 agents by phone all said there is NO fee for the outbound EXTERNAL transfer from the Regions bank account. This morning was the first time that the agent said there IS a $3 outbound external transfer fee. However, they wouldn't refund this fee.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I was amazed when leaving Regions Bank. I had been a business, and now only, personal account holder with Regions Bank for many years. My activity with them due to medical reasons had been dormant for quite some time. Finally after improvement I visited a local branch for the first time in years. Today, in light of changing times, digital access, reduced interactions, and effective communication, I was left in amazement with how I was made to feel once my banking business had been completed. I can assure you Regions Bank still values their customers with dignity and respect at a level not often found, today.

When one can walk into an banking establishment today, feeling better when they walk out than they did walking in, that bank, is doing all things right. I can't remember the last time I was made to feel that way. No act, no phony salesmanship, only sincere, professional service. Professional service with the genuine feeling of being appreciated as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Every branch appreciates your business, regardless of your financial situation. They're friendly, and are loyal to honorable Veterans or proven customers. I'm disabled, and they afforded me a better life when I was down and out. Prove to them, and they will prove to you, their loyalty. I love these folk. They got your back. Much love.

Sincerely,

Mark S.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

On 9/22/21, I sat in front of Steve **, Regions Bank branch manager, Republic MO, for one hour to open business account in name of Lamarch Capital Holdings, Inc., handed him $100 and today I learned account is not open!!! Where is my money? I want my account open!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Regions doesn’t do anything well, my branch keeps the phone off the hook and say it’s had problems for a week, when actually it has not been answered for months. 941 238 6100 try it yourself. You will always get the same answer to your problem “we can’t help you” “sorry we know how you feel” 800 253 2265 will answer some time. Always 30 min wait at best. Very poor bank. l have automatic payments set up only reason I put up with poor service. They were a solid bank when it was AM South but keep going down. I don’t think Regions can get any worst than they are. But I am sure they will keep trying.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Submitted application in May. It's soon September 2021. I still have not closed on Refinance. Guess Mortgage dept is putting me off for Purchase home because the commission is higher. Wow this experience is the worst I've seen yet. Some of my former colleagues used another Mortgage company and was able to refinance in 45 days. I'm pushing 120 days. Always let me check with coordinator blah, blah..Just a little frustrated!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I have had a terrible experience trying to receive customer service assistance today regarding my Regions visa account. I have been passed to 4 different people to fix a problem with my online account. After signing on, I can't see my prior transactions or make a payment. After being transferred 4 times over 1 1/2 hours of waiting time and explaining my problem at least twice to each individual, I was hung up on. I am so fed up with this bank that I am fixing to close my account out. They have kept me waiting over an hour and a half today and still no assistance. If I could give their customer assistance a 0 out of 5 stars I would, but since I have to give them a 1 star in order to send this message I am going to complain about it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

This is the HARDEST bank to get in touch with. I went to a Regions ATM machine to make a deposit and the machine took my money. The bank was closed so I tried to call the customer service and no one responded for days! No one picks up the phone. Not to mention, they deactivated my card due to me disputing a transaction and it took almost a month for my new card to get delivered.

Take a Mortgage Quiz