3.9/5 (252 ratings)

About Regions Bank

Regions Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Regions Bank?

Original review: July 14, 2022

I am not a Regions customer and never will be. I used my debit card at the Pearl, MS branch and it was retained by the machine with no explanation. They could not care less. Teller simply said it could be a number of reasons and Regions could do nothing as the ATM is serviced by Loomis. Regions later sent me a letter saying, "Sorry contact your bank," which I had already done, and they had no problems whatsoever with my debit card. A letter to Loomis went unanswered. I am having an attorney contact Regions, but beware if you are traveling and need access to your money!

Original review: June 29, 2022

Don't go to Regions. I have been with Regions since 2019 here in Nashville. I have had my debit card block more than 50 times for transaction that is recurring and transaction I do e every week. So they lie to you and all they do on the phone is say, "I understand and I am sorry." No that don't understand unless they are in our shoes. They lie about your account and won't admit their fault but yet use you to cover up their mistakes. Heck if I had to go to bathroom and pay to go they will block it.

I have had purchases that I had almost paid off and not. I have to start all over again paying them off because of Regions blocking the card. Which I could have a job hitting the fraud button. That would be a easy job. Now all they want to do is verify for the third time in two weeks if info is correct. See they don't care because they are sitting in a cool office hitting buttons and me and my family is homeless sleeping in a vehicle. They don't care. They just wanted to get me off of the phone.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I entered the Cedartown, GA branch today, after receiving my long awaited disability and back pay. Only to be treated like my money was not welcome there. I asked to open a checking account and Patricia **, who works there, looked at another lady who works there, and said, "I am not going to do it." To which the other lady responded, "Neither am I." This was not at closing time and there were only three customers in the bank excluding myself. At that point I was embarrassed and humiliated and told them thank you anyway and left. I cannot believe that I was treated with such blatant disrespect. I would advise anyone who does not necessarily "look the part" to think twice before giving them your business. And I intend to communicate this to everyone in every way possible in my hometown.

Original review: May 31, 2022

After ten years of difficult business with Regions, they’ve ruined my credit score over a $5 credit card balance when they stopped my auto pay for reasons they refuse to reveal. This card had been on autopay for several years since they finally began allowing autopay from external bank accounts. In Jan ‘22 I took a $5 Uber ride billed to Regions CC. I work out of town for months at a time, hence the need for autopay. Feb and March statements were missed as I was 1100 miles away. By the time I got home, my first clue there was a problem was a denied credit card application despite a credit score of 842/850. The reason was a current delinquent CC account. Long story short, 1st customer service said many people had their “external autopay” deleted and she didn’t know why. Complaint filed requesting credit correction. 6 weeks later no written letter as promised.

More customer service ineptness, sassy supervisors, and basically without saying it verbatim, Regions investigation does not owe any explanation nor are they accountable to anyone for their actions or decisions. Complete refusal to communicate if explain why my autopay was stopped. They dropped my credit score 75 points because they stopped my autopay without reason, which will take 7+ yrs to come off my a credit report now. Next stop is credit bureau dispute. Small, local credit unions **with a great reputation* are the only way to do banking. Research your financial institution. They come in all shapes and sizes, and customer priority is never guaranteed. There is no consumer protection in the US.

Original review: May 23, 2022

My checking account was compromised while I was out of town. I reported it to Regions that same day while I was out of my state. The fraud department reviewed the claim and issued a denial without a proper investigation. I had other cards that were used to prove I was never in the location where my card was used. Regions did absolutely nothing. My advice for you is to run from this bank fast. I will be closing all my account. They are not for the hard working consumer.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I been banking with Regions for 15 yrs and I had an overdraft of .98 cents that I paid when I got up before they closed but they STILL charged me 36.00 fee. I have part of my check going there direct deposit. I also have a credit union that I bank with and they give me 250.00 free overdraft coverage long as I pay it back in 24 hrs so I HIGHLY RECOMMEND if you are not rich DO NOT BANK WITH REGIONS. Go to your local credit union. Regions will not even give you a loan no matter how long you been with them

Original review: May 5, 2022

Updated on 05/06/2022: I'm still waiting for MY money to be deposited into my account. Been a week since I put cash into the ATM and the ATM crashed. I've been dealing with robots, rude "chat" people and nothing but a run around. ONE person has been helpful but still can't get my cash deposited into my account. This bank is a joke and should be shut down. After reading reviews from other customers (over 1,000) complaints about the same issue I am going through is a shame. Can't contact an actual person and God forbid corporate do anything to actually help their customers.. Funny but they need to realize they work for US! Without us they wouldn't have a job. I'm hoping people will start reading reviews before trusting their money going to any bank. Hopefully this review and the 1,000+ other reviews posted about this bank will help someone. GO ELSEWHERE. READ REVIEWS.

Original Review: If I could give a negative star I would. I have been with Regions for 4 years (give or take a couple months). Since opening the account money has been "lost". Has been added to my account (that wasn't even mine then disappears the same day) multiple times. ATMs constantly down or eats your deposit and you have to wait weeks to get it credited to your account..Meanwhile they add on overdraft fees. OH and as I am "chatting" with a rep right now I am told "there are other ways to deposit money". I'm sorry. Do you not work for us? If we didn't have accounts here you wouldn't have a job. This place is a joke! With all the times people deposit their cash and the ATM "fails" makes one wonder what is really going on? Find another bank and look for reviews before opening any account. And now they sent me a link to open a savings account...Got to be joking!

Original review: April 26, 2022

Wow. This bank is HORRIBLE. Wish I NEVER came across them. I have perfect credit and a perfect pay history for over 20 years. I signed up with this joke of a bank for one of their credit card promotions - DON'T DO IT!!! Their website was a disaster to get set up. I set up auto-pay but it didn't take. They then (without sending any notice) gave me a late on my credit (first one EVER). I asked them to remove it. They said, "NO". Then, after 3 months, their system screwed up again (how does auto pay work on all my other cards but now with this place?). Again, a 2nd 30 day late - with no notice. And would not remove, although it auto-paid for the other 3 months. This place SUCKS!!!

Original review: March 29, 2022

Do NOT open a business account. They will pull so much money from you for their “fees.” I spent at least an hour a week trying to get resolution to banking issues. Went in person two months ago to close my account as per their instructions. It’s two months later and I still can’t get it closed and yep! They are still collecting fees. It has been the biggest nightmare. Don’t try and speak with someone because their automation will have you going in circles.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I'm a retired business owner and dealing with Regions and trying to consider them a real Bank is beyond my ability. Never have I had dealing with any financial institution that was so damn uncaring and sloppy. Four times they stopped purchases for no reason. Brainless people running this bank and for sure their so called fraud department. I'm shopping for a new bank today and will be leaving these clowns very soon.

Regions Bank Company Information