4.9/5 (40 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection promise
  • Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available

Cons

• $10,000 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I was looking to buy some precious metals, and Red Rock Secured seemed like they knew what they were doing. They also had the right product that's under an IRA, which I didn't know you could split up, so that was perfect. I was very comfortable interacting with the reps because they were offering the product that I was looking for. They also answered all my questions. They didn't have to talk me into anything. They discussed the kind of metal to buy and in what form. And it confirmed what I thought I wanted to do anyway, and that was coins. They gave me some insights into the metals market versus the stocks and bonds market, which helped me make a decision. The best thing was I got some timely and useful input from them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I've invested precious metals with Red Rock Secured. Their representatives were great. It was very comfortable working with them. There were three different guys I was interacting with there and they were all very informative and very easy to work with. They explained everything and how it works. I am impressed with their industry knowledge. They answered every question without hesitation and that gave me a great deal of confidence in them. It worked out well and I'm pretty happy about it. Working with Red Rock definitely made a difference in my life. It made me rethink investing, because that's something I really haven't done a lot of. If any of my friends or family ever come to me and ask about it, I would recommend them immediately.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My wife inherited some money, and she inherited an IRA. We had this idea that it could be good to put the stuff into gold and silver. I contacted two places, including Red Rock, and I liked what Red Rock had to say. We did this in December of 2017 with Red Rock. They helped us set up an LLC so that we could have physical possession and a trust. We bought some gold coins from Red Rock, and they set the program up through Kingdom Trust. We could have hired them to manage an IRA rather than the Edward Jones who was the manager of the IRA when it was inherited. But we already had a good idea that we wanted to do a gold/silver situation, instead of regular annuities.

Now, there's been some correspondence with Kingdom Trust, and I am not sure that I'm satisfied with what they said because we were told that their distributions and account are evaluated according to the spot prices of the gold and silver. And in December, it’s time to take a required minimum distribution. The way they calculated it, they divided the value of the account. We made a distribution on the 28th, and it was the last day of the year. They told us that they had sent us some emails regarding this subject a couple weeks previous, and I managed to track it down. The file was corrupted, so I couldn't get an answer as clear as I would have hoped for because there is a penalty if they don't withdraw enough. If we had started things a week earlier, we would have clarified all the questions before the end of the year.

When I got a correct number, that wasn't exactly the way we did it so I made a modification at quarter to 9 that night on a piece of paper and scanned it off to them. The second part was never acted on, and I don't know yet whether we are phased because I haven’t filed my taxes yet and the IRS hasn’t looked at it yet. I talked to another counselor, and he said that my calculations were correct. He implied that Kingdom made an error in the way they conveyed the information to me so I am not certain. But we got a formal document. Other than that, we would get an answer when I or my wife sent a question out. Although it took a while to get through some regulations, that wasn't Red Rock's fault. I handle a lot of the money questions, but the IRA belongs to my wife so we had to get me cleared to ask questions.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I invested in precious metals and the Red Rock reps seemed to handle everything. They were very good. The product is in an IRA holdings now for my retirement.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My investor trusts Red Rock Secured and thus I automatically did so as well. I went with them and their reps informed me of the scope of what they offer. Their reps were very patient. I was waiting for other transactions to take place before my funds were available and it was a four or five month period between when I first contacted them and when I made my first purchase. So, we came to an agreement wherein they would call me once every three weeks and we would have a short chat about the market.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I was looking for somebody to roll my money over to, and in doing so, I found out about Red Rock. Instead of going with stock certificates, I went ahead with them and invested in precious metals such as gold, silver, and platinum. The rep painted things in such a way that I could understand them, even though I've never been that sure of it all. He was very good and I was very comfortable working with him. Guys, do the research that I did initially, and then go with Red Rock. They have been excellent and they make me more secure about what I'm doing.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I was trying to get my little assets that I have into something that would be beneficial to me instead of the people who were holding them. Red Rock Secured called and interviewed me. They provided the precious metals investments option and they have the assurance that I wouldn't lose anything. Their reps were quite informative when I called them. Also, it's pretty easy to get in touch with them, and if I don't get in touch, they usually call back. Overall, my experience has been decent, so I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Top notch company. I searched high and low for awhile before finding Red Rock. The team I worked with was very helpful and straightforward, answering all questions I could think of - even giving me a few things to consider that I hadn't thought about before. Thanks for all the great help.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Red Rock, Jeff and Tony and Vince specifically, were great every step of the way. I was nervous about making this investment, but they were very patient and moved at my pace. I also appreciate how straightforward they were with me. I never felt any pressure to do anything and they made sure I was comfortable along the way. Thanks guys for helping me feel more secure about the future. Thanks also for your patience with me!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I worked with Jeff and Scott from Red Rock. We were dealing with my retirement funds so it was a big deal, and they were just extremely helpful, very professional, very personable, and very patient in explaining everything. They had talked me through information on other options, what I could do to move the money out without being penalized, and then walked me through the process with the paperwork. I was really nervous about doing this. I've never done this before. So Jeff got on the phone with me with the savings plan representative, when the money was gonna be transferred out into a self-directed IRA. They answered my questions and understood my anxiety in going through this process. They were with me all throughout. For someone like me that was not schooled in their areas of expertise, it was extremely helpful. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I was gonna move some of my money into precious metals, and when I did some research, Red Rock's name popped up. When I got in touch with them, they were very helpful and I trusted them. I was somewhat new to investment and I had a lot of questions, and there are still a few issues I have. But when I asked questions, they were always very helpful in getting back with me and helping. Occasionally, it would take a little bit to get in touch with them but when I did, they got back within a pretty reasonable time.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I worked with Brett, Brent and Alex, and I liked their personalities. They're Christians, and they explained everything and were very thorough. They were constantly in contact with me too. If I called, they called me back. With any question I had, they thoroughly explained it. They probably spent more time on the phone with me than they had hours. If you want to go with someone who's dedicated to helping you and making sure you are 100% satisfied in what you would get, and someone who's going to make you feel like part of their family, Red Rock Secured is where you go.

Resolution response: March 11, 2019

I would like to make a correction to my previous review of Red Rock Secured. I thought I had lost money very quickly, but my new adviser called and explained that due to some technology that hadn't been explained to me, I actually made money. I am pleased with my new adviser and with Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Red Rock Secured invested in precious metals, but I am disappointed because they put everything into silver. I thought they might make some in gold and some in silver. Then, the end of the year report of the place that’s taking care of the silver showed that I have lost half of my money and there was no explanation of how it happened.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have some money in IRA with Fidelity and it was going down. Bret, the person from Red Rock Secured who I talked to, said that moving the money into precious metals could put a stop to that. And so, that’s how we got started talking. They explained to me how my money's gonna be invested. They were saying that they would take the money out of Fidelity and a better choice would be to put it into gold and silver. Red Rock Secured ended up putting the money that I transferred to them into silver. However, it's a whole different thing. My money was not invested. It's just like if you have a safety deposit box at the bank. Your money's put in there and there it sits.

But other than that, the people at Red Rock Secured seemed wonderful. They also seemed very knowledgeable and professional. Also, even though they were doing sales, it wasn't high pressure. They were encouraging me to make a move right away, but when I said that I wanna think about it, they were fine with that. I would recommend Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I spoke with Red Rock Secured's reps and determined that they would manage my IRA. After the conversation, they said that should I invest with them, they would give me $400 in silver. As a result, I transferred $20,000 to them. Also, I had some money in the stock market, and I wanted to close that out and transfer the money to Red Rock. I worked with Jeff and he helped me do that.

One unusual thing that they did is that they gave me 391 and a half ounce silver pieces. It’s $16 an ounce which is worth almost $20,000. That's pretty heavy. I can’t put that in my wallet and purse to go shopping. I’m pleased at this point but I’m really kinda confused to what’s happening with my $20,000 investment. Even so, the local out in St. Pete, Jeff and the manager of Red Rock were really helpful.

Working with them was a very satisfying experience all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was working on my job and Red Rock Secured was one of the stocks that was offered from my 401k but gold wasn't one of them. I got in contact with the side brokers and asked them why I couldn't have gold as one of the stocks on my 401k with my job and they didn't know. So, they checked into it and got back to me about six months later and said that they were gonna put it in with all of my other stocks. Red Rock Secured is in Canada and the people that own my company are Canadians too. When I checked into it, Red Rock Secured seemed like a good, reputable gold company. When I talked to their rep, he said everything that I wanted to hear. I didn’t end up doing it because I did something else but there was nothing wrong with what he said. I'm still planning on doing it and I would recommend Red Rock Secured to other people.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Red Rock Secured came highly recommended to me by my financial advisor, who understands the importance of diversification, particularly during turbulent times. The assistance I received was world class and exceeded my expectations. What I appreciated most is that I felt truly supported through the process, with all of my questions being answered promptly and clearly. I wholeheartedly recommend Red Rock Secured, and have already done so with both colleagues and family members. I am looking forward to a long-standing relationship with Red Rock Secured.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I reached out to Red Rock nearly 3 weeks ago requesting information for how to invest in gold in my both my and wife's old employee retirement account. I was told they specialize in home delivery options and Mr. ** said that I would receive information in the mail. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received anything. The service was friendly enough on the call, but the follow through let me down. Our accounts are nowhere near high dollar but we wanted to see about moving them to an option that made more sense. I have since reached out to a competitor and had a better experience. They pointed me to this article. **. I would rate my experience with the firm 3/5. Again nice guys but bad follow through.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Sean was a fantastic guide in ways to protect my future by setting up a precious metal IRA. Helped me figure a way to protect my assets from future fluctuations. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how their guidance made it very simple.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We worked Sean ** and found him to be extremely knowledgeable in understanding the precious metals market and pros and cons for different decisions. He's definitely a good communicator and just from his conversation alone makes you feel like you can trust him in any situation. We look forward to having him and his team as consultants with our investments going forward.

Original review: June 18, 2017

When working with Red Rock Secured, I first worked with Cody **. He was outstanding and very patient in helping me understand the steps for converting an IRA. He assisted me with each step of the process and took time to explain why each step was needed and what the result would be. I also worked Sean ** for some of the deeper technical questions and found him to be extremely knowledgeable in understanding the precious metals market and pros and cons for different decisions. The combination of Cody and Sean was outstanding and made me feel very comfortable in my steps to procure precious metals for a retirement account. I would highly recommend this company as I believe it would be hard to find another company in this business that cares as much about customer experience as the employees at this company do. It's obvious that this is one of their core values and something they take very seriously.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I was looking for silver bullion to round out the collection, and I've known and trusted the founders of Red Rock Secured. They take into account everything in my whole portfolio and then help to fill it out rather than just tell me the regular deal on the block. I called up looking for something specific, but I ended up going mostly all silver. They always take care of us and that's why we deal with them.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Every time I call Red Rock Secured I always get directed to an ACTUAL person. I don't know about everyone else but I do get irritated being answered to an automated message and then pressing number after number until I can speak with an actual representative. I was fortunate enough to work with Kevin James. He was very helpful and provided me a direct number anytime I require any assistance even after making a purchase. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 25, 2017

After having been at my new job for almost a year, I began to worry about the growth of my 401(k). I looked for alternatives and was directed to Red Rock Secured by a workmate. After working with Frank **, I really feel as though I have set myself up for a stronger retirement plan with gold. Frank clearly explained the process and made the rollover procedure pain-free. Red Rock and Frank ** have given me a bit more confidence in my future. Not only would I recommend them to a friend/co-worker... I already have.

Original review: April 20, 2017

My husband and I like to buy gold and silver coins for investment that he keeps in our safety deposit. They're something that I can hold on to myself. I heard that my friends who started a company when I was still little were starting a new company. Of course, it's the company I would go with because I can trust them. Red Rock Secured had a rep contact me and I told him how much I wanted to invest and what I was looking for. They steered me to a couple of different options and broke it down for me, what would make the most sense and how I would be getting revenue for my investment. Jarred followed up with them to go ahead and do it.

Even their employees that followed up with me that I don't know were all super friendly and helpful. Especially when I called back with questions when I went and did my own research about gold and silver coins. They handled all of my questions sincerely and professionally. They gave me a whole rundown then, I could take it to Jarred and we went from there on our decisions. It came within days which made me feel good. Also, one of their employees followed up to make sure the coins would come in. It was such a quick process without any hassle and everybody was so helpful that I didn't even have much to say. It was awesome.

I've put recommendations all over my Facebook. Some people were asking where I was putting my money into coins and I said that Red Rock is the company that I last used and that they were super sweet with me and they didn't make me feel like an idiot when I was asking about certain things, which was nice. I didn't feel like I was getting the runaround because I know some of them and I felt like everybody kept me a priority. Also, I really like that they continued to follow up with me and made sure that I was happy and confident in my investment.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Awesome experience with Red Rock! This is a great company with employees who care. I have worked with Cody on several occasions in transferring my IRA to physical Gold and Silver. Cody explained each step and made sure I understood each one before proceeding. Not once did I feel pressured into making any decisions until I was ready. I highly recommend Red Rock Secured.

Original review: April 18, 2017

My experience with Red Rock Secured has been fantastic! I've been able to exercise some financial options I wasn't aware I had. In particular, Cody has been especially helpful. He was clear and concise, and easy to contact, which is good for me since I'm a busy guy. I will recommend Cody and Red Rock to everyone I know.

Original review: April 18, 2017

When calling into any company you always hope for the best but somehow end up disappointed. NOT HERE! Top notch service. They treat you like a real person and are extremely helpful. I'm so happy with my experience with Red Rock Secured and will definitely be sending people their way.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Cody was so great to work with. He helped me with every step of the process. He was very patient and helped facilitate transferring my IRA into physical silver. My purchase was catered to my specific investment goals and he was very attentive to getting me the best deal possible. I am very happy with Cody and Red Rock, I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I wanted an investment option that's secure and safe. I went to Red Rock and I told them what I was looking for and my budget, and they helped me walk through it. I ended up buying some silver. Their salespeople were very nice, very honest and they are a solid people. They did a really good job and I appreciate them. My investment has definitely helped my retirement plan.

Red Rock Secured Company Information