4.9/5 (40 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Red Rock Secured

Red Rock Secured is a privately held company based in Southern California. The company's mission is to protect their clients' retirement through education, secure products and excellent customer service. The company is built on values and integrity. Red Rock Secured has been helping investors diversify their portfolios for more 10 years. In the wake of the 2008 recession, Red Rock Secured was developed to reimagine secure retirement options for its family, friends and clients.

Pros

• Many clients qualify for no fees
  • Price protection promise
  • Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) available

Cons

• $10,000 minimum gold IRA investment

Bottom Line

Red Rock Secured is a gold and precious metals investment firm based in Southern California. It offers online services to residents nationwide.

Red Rock Secured Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Rock Secured?

Original review: June 30, 2020

Thanks to Barry at Red Rock for helping me with moving some of my 401k into gold and silver. I also worked with Jeff, who was great. This was something that I had been thinking about for a while but procrastination always seemed to get the better of me. I had already thought a lot about what I wanted to do with gold and silver before connecting with Red Rock; I just needed to find someone trustworthy who could explain the steps to me clearly. Barry connected me with Jeff, who helped me in the areas that I was not as sure about. Jeff helped with setting up the IRA for buying gold and silver. It was a very simple and smooth process. I am so pleased by my experience that I have already referred a few family members to Red Rock.

Hi Dirliska,

Thank you for the positive review. We are very proud of our professional staff at Red Rock Secured. I'm happy to hear that Barry and Jeff where able to help. Thank you for the referral and we value the trust you have put in us.

Redrocksecured.com

Original review: June 27, 2020

Initially, I called Lear Capital and talked to a guy there. While he was a nice guy, he was really high pressure and he wanted to know what we had for other money inventory. We told him and he went after the highest account. He told us that we had to take all that money out and close that account. I told him that what he was going after was an annuity that we've been investing in for years and part of our retirement fund that we were going to start to use. So, I told him that I was gonna do a little research.

I saw Red Rock secured and called them. I talked to Remo who is a really nice fellow from there. Everybody at Red Rock was really accommodating. I bought precious metals from them and did a self-deducted IRA rollover from an account that I had. The reps answered all my questions and walked me through the process.

Original review: June 11, 2020

The person that called me from Red Rock Secured, I developed a rapport with him. He explained everything and how other companies work. He sold me on Red Rock and it was a local company. I got the precious metals, 401(k) rollover. I was confident and knowledgeable, and they answered my questions. I understand it better now, how rollovers work. They even called my TSP, Thrift Savings Plan and walked me through it with them. We had a three-way call going. I dealt with Patrick and he seemed like a nice person. They have an office in Texas and my gold is stored in California and I got a mother-in-law out there. So if I ever need to look at it, it’s out there and I go out there all the time. I just like the company and it was a pleasant experience.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the great feedback. We work really hard to provide a good experience for clients at Red Rock Secured. We specialize in helping people like yourself protect their savings that they accumulated in their Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). I'm very happy we could bring that experience to help you.

Original review: June 11, 2020

My wife and I called Red Rock to create a silver IRA. Shelly ** and Jeff ** helped me set up the IRA and walked me through the process, explaining everything along the way. They were both very professional and helpful and patient with me since I'm new to this and not an experienced silver investor. I can now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that not all of my eggs are in the same basket, and that not everything I have is in the stock market. I’m getting closer to retirement, and I cannot afford to lose everything I have. My mind is definitely more at ease now since making this investment. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the positive review. We are very proud of our professional staff at Red Rock Secured. I'm happy to hear that Shelly and Jeff where able to help and make you and your wife feel comfortable investing in silver to protect your retirement savings. You’ve worked hard to save for retirement and deserve to keep what you have earned. Gold and silver IRAs put you back in control.

Redrocksecured.com

Original review: June 3, 2020

The representative was good and she provided enough information. Any questions that I had in the process, she would be put me through with Tony. I had a lot of doubts before the process if I was going to get on my money with them as my money was from IRA and they were able to answer all the questions that I had. Then Jeff helped me through in finalizing the process. I liked their customer service and that they were always in touch with me. They were patient with the whole process through the Coronavirus. They addressed the concerns and had a lot of knowledge as well. It seems like already a good, settled company for 10 years. They are very experienced already of what they are doing.

I'm still waiting for my statement from STRATA that my money is already there. It's taking a long time. Also, my contract, the one that was reporting with Tony, was going to be sent to me in writing, by post. I guess it's just delayed. I've been speaking with them once a week to see where we are at. Other than that, working with Red Rock has impacted my life especially with these uncertain times. I've been informed that the financial world is gonna change very much. I've been talking to them towards this. They have questions themselves because of the company. They don't really think that all this thing is gonna move more digital, but time will tell. At least I have a little bit of safety for my future and live better. I will recommend them.

Original review: June 2, 2020

With the stock market seeing deep losses, and my IRA too because of this, I decided to move some money into gold and silver as a way to protect it. I wanted a tangible investment, something that stands the test of time and does not just disappear in value. I have been researching and reading for a while about silver and gold. I looked at all the reviews of the top companies on the different review sites, and Red Rock stood out. I contacted Red Rock and spoke with Mark **, who was very warm and friendly. His explanations were clear. I transferred just a portion of my IRA and feel that now I have an investment that will be there when I need it. I’m already planning to invest more. The transaction was handled with great attention to detail. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Red Rock Secured appeared to be very stable and I felt confident in their abilities. When I expressed interest through their website, I was contacted by one of the representatives. He went over their program with me, what they offered, the various options that were available, what they could do, the way that system worked, and how it all worked. I waited for three weeks and then we connected again on a phone call and talked about some more options. It was probably four to five phone calls back and forth and discussing things with my spouse before we made the decision.

The rep seemed to be very open and honest. He answered all my questions and he wasn’t forceful. He understood my decision. He did not try to rush me. He gave me his opinion when I asked him, but he tried to get me to do the research and check them out. They were just very cooperative and helpful. They made no guarantees but we discussed the options and the long-term histories. After several phone discussions and talking about different strategies, I was convinced to go with the purchase of silver coin. And based on what other resources and independent websites to check out were telling me, I agreed with them. Working with Red Rock saved me a lot of money, especially in return. If I invested my money where it was, I would've had a large loss. So, a good portion of what I invested in the silver is definitely protected. They're a very good company to work with and they’ll give you lots of options.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I'm very pleased with Red Rock Secured. Some of the political climate and the devaluation of the dollar as I see it, and all the money that the government is sending out to the people, including myself, to the tune of trillions of dollars, we just don’t have money to pay for it. So, it concerns me. I started looking at gold and silver, and I selected Red Rock to talk about it. They sent me out some booklets or brochures. I was impressed with it. I then made contact with Tony and Jeff and was very pleased with it. I've been dealing with them for about a month and a half now. They are so helpful and so nice. They're doing everything that they're supposed to be doing. They're providing me all sorts of information.

I got the rolling over IRAs and the value of silver has grown up 20% since I first got involved with them and I'm loving it. They're rolling over my investments in the STRATA Trust, which is part of the script. After we roll over an IRA, they turned it into coins, and then send the coins to STRATA Trust for a depository. All of that is working and it's a good thing. Nobody else has ever offered me bonuses that they can invest ever. So, I'm loving it. I didn’t know this kind of program existed with a rollover into silver and gold from the federal government, and here I am waking up four years after the program started. I'm trying to share this with my neighbors and friends because I'd like to see everybody make some money.

Hi James,

Thank you for the positive review and choosing Red Rock Secured to protect the savings you have worked hard for. We are definitely living in some interesting times.

At Red Rock Secured we pride ourselves on having a knowledgeable and professional staff but most importantly... nice. We value the the trust you have put in us.

Redrocksecured.com

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had been thinking about this for a while. Not knowing where to start, and concerned I would make a wrong decision due to my lack of familiarity with gold and silver, I was recommended to Red Rock Secured by a friend. From my very first conversation with them, I knew I had found the right company to help me through this. My account executive was Barry **. Barry educated and guided me through all the steps of both how the market worked and opening the precious metals IRA. Jeff ** was also fantastic. I would recommend Barry, Jeff, and Red Rock to anyone who wants a better understanding of gold and silver and what steps and options are available for investing.

Red Rock Secured response

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it. We love that you were a referral! It's the best business we can get. Send us an email privately and we will be sure to send your friend a "Thank You" silver coin!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Great company and outstanding service. Red Rock Secured has lived up to its reputation for providing excellent assistance. Thank you Jeff and Vince for all your help. I am glad to have finally taken this step.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My brother-in-law recommended Red Rock to me. I am so happy he did, and that I was able to work with Jeff and Barry on transferring my IRA to gold and silver. Thanks to everyone else at the company who helped me.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I found Red Rock while doing my research and comparing the reviews and client feedback online. Their reviews are exceptional, and I understand why they’re so strong after working with them in creating a precious metals account. Their attention to detail is world class, and I really appreciated being able to pick up the phone at any time during the day and connecting with them for an update on how things were going.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Jeff and Tony were a huge help in rolling over an old 401k to a gold and silver IRA. They are very knowledgeable and their process is top notch. It’s clear they have been doing this for a while. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: April 8, 2019

As a retired firefighter, I trust Red Rock Secured and highly recommend them. I did my homework and due diligence for a very long time before deciding to go with Red Rock in making my investment in gold and silver. Of all the companies I came across, Red Rock is the most honest and transparent. It always felt like the other companies never shot straight with me, often trying to avoid answering certain questions. Red Rock was very open to answering all of my questions, and even gave me other things to think about that I had not considered. I’m very happy to have found Red Rock, and I look forward to my next investment with them.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Thank you to Red Rock Secured for all the help and guidance they provided in working with me to build a gold and silver IRA. I had always wanted to do this, but never received the information we needed to take the first step. Speaking with Red Rock was very easy, and I could tell their focus was to help us make the best decision possible by providing us all the information I needed.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Red Rock Secured is a solid and sound company, from my very first interaction to their helping me with my investment. I worked with their IRA Department specifically, since I had an old 401k I wanted to use for gold and silver. The process was very simple, and I could tell I was in very good hands from start to finish.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I had heard about Red Rock Secured a while ago. I wasn't ready at the time to speak with them. Then it hit me that I would be retiring sooner than I had thought, and not being diversified really concerned me, especially after I had lost quite a bit in the stock market in 2008. It helped to protect my retirement accounts, and I feel much better now. Thank you to Red Rock for the peace of mind. I’m grateful for their help and support.

Original review: March 25, 2019

After getting hit really hard in 2008, I needed to do something different to protect my retirement. I had heard about investing in gold and silver, but never really understood how it would work. I started asking around about who to contact for more information, and one of my neighbors told me about Red Rock Secured. She had opened a gold and silver retirement account with them, and she is very happy she did. I chose to do the same thing, and I am so glad I did. They patiently guided me through every step of the process. I highly recommend Red Rock Secured. And I am glad my neighbor told me about them.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I heard about Red Rock Secured from my financial advisor, who has referred many clients to the company over the past 10+ years. After several conversations, I felt very comfortable to move forward with an investment. It’s clear to me why my financial advisor recommended Red Rock. It is a great company that really focuses on placing the client’s needs and interests before anything else.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Red Rock helped me in setting up a gold and silver retirement account. The process was very easy. I’m thankful that Red Rock is a full-service company, providing help with every part of setting up an account and getting the account funded. It’s clear this company is top notch.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I searched for a while to find a company that I felt comfortable with making this type of investment. Since I tend to procrastinate in making decisions like this, I appreciate how patient and accommodating Red Rock was in following up with me to see if I needed any additional information. Their follow ups were respectful, and not once did I feel pressured to make a decision faster than I was comfortable making. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that not all my retirement is in the stock market.

Original review: March 12, 2019

So grateful to have found Red Rock Secured. Red Rock helped me in converting one of my IRAs into a gold and silver retirement account. The company is excellent. The company's assistance is commendable. I am very much satisfied with service of the company.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Red Rock Secured provided my wife and me exceptional service from start to finish. Everything was handled with the utmost professionalism. As a retired surgeon, I have a strong tendency to focus on details. I was pleasantly surprised that Red Rock Secured uses the same attention to detail as I do in ensuring that every aspect of the retirement account process is handled efficiently and seamlessly.

Original review: March 5, 2019

There are simply not enough words to describe how satisfied I am with the service I received at Red Rock Secured. I was thinking about doing something like this for quite a while. I’ve seen too many dips in the economy over the years. Every single time, my money would be affected and I would feel powerless to do anything about it. After a while I started to avoid acknowledging what’s been going on. I’ve literally spent years trying my best to ignore my regular statements from my IRA because I was just too scared to know for sure how much my money was probably gone. After the stock market took a huge dive at the end of the year, I had enough. I know I wouldn’t have time to make up the money I lost because I won’t be working forever and just don’t want to take that chance. So with that in mind, I just opened that envelope and knew it was time to act.

I researched a lot but I didn’t understand much of what I was reading. I’m not a financial expert and only have a casual knowledge about most of these things, so I knew I had to get help and explore some options. From my initial contact with them, I was very impressed. Shortly after requesting some information on my options to protect my retirement account, I received a call from them. I spoke with Vincent who thoroughly explained everything to me. I worked very hard for decades on countless construction sites working my way up the ladder and just didn’t feel comfortable rushing into anything with my life savings. Vincent did his best to address every single concern and answer every single question that I had. Other companies that I spoke with lacked this personal touch.

Not even a few minutes after picking up the phone with other companies, they would be pressuring me to sign away everything and completely trust whoever was on the other end of the phone. I just didn’t like that approach at all. It felt impersonal and forced. I wanted to know what I was getting myself into before agreeing to anything. They didn’t even think it was necessary that I talk to my wife before making a decision. Vincent sympathized with this and made sure I was comfortable. He gave me his direct contact information and promptly sent me the Red Rock brochures.

After reviewing them, with my wife of course, I had even more questions. I spoke with Vincent a few days later and once again I asked him a million more questions. He kindly and patiently answered all of them and made sure I completely understood why having gold in my IRA was a good idea. When I decided that I should do business with Red Rock, Vincent transferred me to a young man named Jeff. Jeff helped me with the online forms, which was no easy task since I’m not exactly the best with a computer. With his help, it was fairly easy and we were done. Jeff also made sure to help me with all the overwhelming parts of the process. He walked me through other paperwork. He talked to the previous custodian of my account and made sure my funds were transferred to my new IRA in a timely fashion. That made things so much easier.

Without his help, I wouldn’t know what questions to ask. I’m pretty sure that I would get the runaround and they would make things so much harder than it needed to be. Jeff did have to do a bit of fighting on my behalf to get my funds released, but he was able to get it done. When it was time to do the trade, Vincent was once again very patient and generous with his time. We talked about my investment goals and went into even more detail than our previous conversations. He clearly listened to and remembered my concerns from those prior talks and did not offer me some cookie cutter portfolio. He constructed a customized list for me and thoroughly explained how those particular coins that he selected would benefit me. After assuring him that I understood what he was saying to me and deciding to accept his recommendations, we locked in the trade.

Vincent and Jeff had definitely earned my trust, but in the back of my mind I thought that maybe the high level of service would drop off a little after this. I’m happy to say that I was completely wrong. Almost immediately after getting off of the phone, I received several emails confirming my trade. Shortly afterward, I began receiving notifications about the delivery of my metals. Jeff even called me to make sure I was getting all of the emails and let me know that he and Vincent were available if I had any more questions. He reminded me about their price protection plan that will let me get more gold and silver as the market changes without me losing anything.

So I can’t thank Vincent, Jeff, and Red Rock Secured enough for all they have done for me. I plan on living comfortably as a retiree and am thankful that they have helped me enjoy that peace of mind. I had a great experience with them and encourage anyone who wants to invest in gold to reach out to them. They’re helpful, polite, and professional. Thank you again Vincent and Jeff.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Tony was great to deal with. They provided me with all the information I needed to make an informed and calculated decision. Thank you for educating me on the industry and investment opportunities associated with gold and silver.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I enjoyed working with Red Rock Secured. The group that helped develop my account was professional and transparent. It was important for my wife to be involved with the process. Barry took the time to mail us an educational brochure, and he would often stay in communication via email. If you want to better understand if a Gold IRA is for you, Call Red Rock and ask for Barry **.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great company and Jeff was amazing to deal with. I did a ton of online research about investing in gold and silver versus the stock market and I talked to numerous companies but Red Rock and Jeff walked me through the pros and cons and answered all of my questions in a way that made me feel like they weren’t trying to “sell’ me on choosing them as opposed to the other companies I spoke to. The other companies basically had the “boiler room" feel to them that made me uncomfortable. Red Rock is the best investment decision I’ve made and I couldn’t be more impressed with them.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I had been considering making gold and silver a part of my investment strategy for years, but hadn’t felt comfortable with the companies I had talked to. I am glad that I found Tony with Red Rock. He took the time to make me feel comfortable which was no small accomplishment. I am excited about the strategy we put together to meet the needs of my family. Thanks for everything!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I called into Red Rock about a month and a half ago to see about putting precious metals in my IRA account. After a quick talk I was able to speak to a gentleman in the retirement department. He was very helpful and sounded like he knew what he was talking about and how everything worked. It sounded like there were a lot of moving parts which gave me a lot to think about so I asked to get the info guide. I never felt any pressure to buy or like I was another with all my questions (being new I had a lot). When I called in recently my rep was busy but he called me back very quickly. Since I've been thinking about this my rep told me that gold and silver have been going up and sent me some news articles. At this point I have decided to do this and these are the guys I am going to use. Thank you for all your help and patience.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I did a precious metal IRA with Red Rock Secured but I don't 100% feel happy or feel secure in my decision of going with them because I have to deal with STRATA and they've been really problematic. When I did my taxes, I called and talked to Jeff at Red Rock and Jeff has always been very nice, but at the end of the day, I don't deal with Red Rock, I have to deal with STRATA. And when I talk to people at STRATA, they're very rude and unhelpful. I called and talked to Jeff about the 1099 that I received and he indicated to me that STRATA would be able to help me from the tax perspective. Keep in mind that before I converted my IRA through Red Rock, I was with Fidelity and they provided me with all the tax information, and I always knew what the status of my account was.

When I called STRATA, I said I received a 1099 from Fidelity saying that I had a disbursement of my IRA because it went from Fidelity to STRATA. I said, “If I fill my taxes up correctly, I would have to pay tax because it shows that it was disbursed.” And the STRATA rep said, "We we submit a form to the IRS in May." My taxes are due in April and I asked her, "What good is it if you don't submit this information to IRS until May?" She said, "Well, this just gives you more time to add to your account, but you can't claim it until May. You can only do it till April." I felt frustrated with her when she told me that because I'm gonna have to lie on my taxes.

My interaction with Jeff was very positive. He's very pleasant to talk to but the whole business model of selling, that whole precious metals IRA, once they do that, they're not involved anymore. If I'm establishing a relationship with Red Rock, my expectation is my relationship for everything will continue with them, but that's not the case. I can't go through Jeff at Red Rock because all he does is sell. So, I have to deal with STRATA directly and I'm not real happy with them, which makes me not happy with Red Rock. I would not recommend them. I feel like I've been duped, but that's okay. I have to see other strategies to move my stuff out of STRATA and go somewhere else.

Red Rock Secured Company Information