Raymond James

Compare Investment Banks

Research top Investment Banks recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Investments, stocks, bonds, savings a wide variety of ways to invest your assets without fear of a no return benefit. Help and well knowledged professional group of people. Customer support is wonderful. Can direct you to to the people you need to speak to. Very professional. Always on time with payments and always on time with their payments. Precise, punctual, timely, never had any problems or issues with payments. Accessibility was very easy, no problems in that field. In person, on the phone or the Internet. They are always accessible. Wonderful company and wonderful hard working people. Would highly recommend to friends and family members.

They have a wide variety of options that helped me with everything I needed and answered any and all questions that I had. Furthermore they were easy to read and presented in a language I could understand. Customer support was friendly and wait time was about expected for and investment company. I only needed to use the customer support once I had no complaints about it. Payments were giving to you on a yearly, bi-yearly, and quarterly timeline. That gives enough options for anybody to be satisfied and giving your personal preference. You should get what you need out of it. I had a hard time at first accessing my account but I worked with customer support and after a brief rundown I was able to for the most par figure it out on my own.

I had a lot of questions and concerns and they went above and beyond to explain all the available options for my investment and spoke to me on the phone as much as needed. Customer service was available all the time to answer all of my questions. They were very friendly and courteous. I feel very comfortable with the payment timeline. They always give you plenty of time and give you notice if you are getting too close and you haven't paid. I feel their accessibility is above and beyond any other company I have ever had to deal with in this type of industry and is very good.

The options they offered were one of the reasons that I chose this company. Everyone feels better when you have several different choices. They were very helpful, offering a personal experience with customer support so I had exactly what I needed and wasn't wasting time or money on options that didn't fit my individual needs. The payment timeline was surprisingly accurate and was right on the predicted date. I am still using this company's service and I am looking forward to another profit. They were accessible through various different channels. I could contact them by phone, by internet, or if I was in the area, I could have went in person.

Discussed goals, needs and wants using techniques and questions around risk tolerance, timeframes, financial situation, future anticipated needs. Number of different account options and securities presented like funds, bonds, individual stocks options, etc. Usually had to speak with someone else in the office but main person usually responded to voice mails quickly. Could also reach my email which was good. Pretty typical. Could use either check, wire transfer, no cash of course. Could set up link between bank and brokerage account which was nice. Website was good and didn't have many problems. They're fairly easy to understand and navigate. The office personnel were helpful and responsive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymond James?

Very helpful whenever I have a question. Very dependable also. Always willing to work with me as a customer whenever I call in. Seem to always put my money in stocks that are gaining. Always seems to have the answer that I am looking for when I call in. Great customer service in my opinion. Never had a bad dealing with customer service at any time. The payment timeline has always been very prompt and on time. Never had a complaint about any payment. Always someone there to answer my questions if I had any about the payment timeline. Always accessible in my opinion and if there isn't anyone to answer my question there is always someone there to return my call and answer any questions that I have.

Expert Review

Andrew PolacekInvestments & Banking Contributing Editor

Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.

Raymond James’ focus in the middle market is primarily in IPOs and M&A. The firm typically focuses on the larger sized companies in the middle market.

• Expanded knowledge and reach: Raymond James’ 2012 acquisition of Morgan Keegan expanded its reach and knowledge in the middle market investment banking.
  • U.S., Canada and South America focus: Raymond James has 16 offices in regional locations across the U.S., three Canadian locations and one South American location in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
  • Industry specialties: Raymond James focuses on the consumer and retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrials, real estate, security, defense and government services, technology and services and the transportation and infrastructure industry sectors.
  • Best for Owners of privately held corporations, owners of publicly traded companies,, owners of family held businesses, executives at any type of middle market business,, representatives at private equity firms and family offices and representatives of local governments, and sovereigns.

Compare Investment Banks