Quin and Partners

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Quin and Partners

Quin is a financial technology (fintech) company that provides its members with a financial safety net. A Quin membership provides up to $3,000 if you lose your job, lets you build your credit by making timely payments and helps you grow your savings. Quin's monthly membership starts at $20 and provides America's only private unemployment benefit of its kind. Quin provides up to $3,000 in funds on top of your state unemployment benefits, effectively doubling the average state's monthly unemployment benefit.

Pros

• Quick access to up to $3,000
  • Ongoing credit building
  • Personalized savings
  • Low membership cost

Cons

• Exact membership fees are vague
  • Online contact information only

Bottom Line

Quin is a membership-based fintech company that provides up to $3,000 in Lifestyle Protection if you become unemployed. The company also provides ongoing credit building by making timely payments and personalized savings offers from partners.

What is Quin?

Quin is a fintech company that offers a membership program that provides a financial safety net and up to $3,000 if you lose your job. You pay membership fees and, after a 90-day wait period, are eligible to receive up to $1,000 a month for up to three months after losing a job.

You can still access state unemployment benefits, and unlike state benefits, Quin’s up to $3,000 of Lifestyle Protection benefits are not taxed.

Quin is a relatively new company. It has 14 team members across six different cities with a combined 67 years in the financial services industry. It's based in New York City and is America’s only private unemployment benefit of its kind as of the time of publication.

How does Quin work?

To become a Quin member, you provide your email address on the company’s website and can sign up in seconds. You pay for membership; while the cost is not specifically disclosed, Quin states the monthly fee starts at $20.

While Quin offers personalized savings and credit building upon membership activation, you must wait 90 days to be eligible for Lifestyle Protection benefits.

Quin says it only takes a few minutes to access your funds if you lose your job. There are no paper forms to mail in or phone calls to make, and payments begin immediately as long as 90 days have passed since you signed up.

Quin provides up to $3,000 of Lifestyle Protection benefits, automatic credit building and personalized savings offers, and you’re still able to collect state unemployment benefits.

Quin costs

The Quin website does not specify exact membership fees, but it does say they start at $20 a month. To learn more about what your membership will cost, request an invite from the company by providing your email address.

Quin FAQ

Do I pay a monthly fee to Quin?
Yes. Quin says membership “costs about the same as one takeout meal per month” and that monthly fees start at $20. It would take eight years to save $3,000 at $29.99 a month, which makes membership attractive for those concerned about paying their bills if they’re laid off or otherwise lose their job.
Is Quin a loan?
Quin is not a loan — you do not pay your up to $3,000 in Lifestyle Protection funds back, but Quin membership includes either a credit card or a credit builder loan. The company describes itself as a private program that offers financial help in the event of unemployment.

You pay a monthly fee and have access to the payout if you lose your job, and Quin also provides ongoing credit building and personalized savings features for its members.

Quin is meant to supplement your state unemployment funds so you can maintain and build your credit in addition to preserving your lifestyle and paying your bills while you’re unemployed.

Does Quin hurt my credit?
According to a Quin representative, a Quin membership is meant to improve your credit and includes ongoing credit building in its membership through making your payments as agreed upon regardless of whether you use your Lifestyle Protection funds.

According to a blog post from Quin’s Chief Technology Officer, the company does report member payments to the credit bureaus, which means missing a payment could have a negative impact on your credit score.

What is Quin’s cancellation policy?
You can cancel your Quin membership at any time and for any reason. Just notify the company by email, and it will cancel your membership in a “commercially reasonable time,” according to its terms of service.

Is Quin legit?

Quin is a legitimate option if you’re concerned about making ends meet if you lose your job. While it’s a newer company and reviews from members aren’t available at this time, Quin lists a legitimate, FDIC-insured institution that provides banking services.

If you're interested in a Quin membership for financial protection in case you lose your job, we recommend adding your email to their homepage to learn more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quin and Partners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quin?

Original review: July 6, 2022

I have been in between jobs since January of this year. I forgot I signed up for quin a long time ago. I had just started using the card in April 2022, was paying my membership fees made my first on time payment. They work with First Fed bank in WA state and then I was told they never received my payment. I went ahead and tried to make another payment. Another week later they still claimed I missed another payment so now I just tried a third attempt. I also found out that it takes up to 5 days til your payment hits the account which is ridiculous. Then to make matters worse when you call they put you on hold multiple times and all they tell you is they will reach out to a Supervisor then you never hear from them. It hasn't even been 60 or 90 days yet and now I am being told that if the third attempt doesn't work they will list it as a charge off. The credit card company can only list it as a charge off if 180 days passed due but not Quin.

Then I get told from Quin to call first fed bank and tell them about my situation, I call first fed bank then direct me back to Quin. Then they tell me to call my bank, my bank tells me I have the funds available. It's so crazy. I honestly am thinking about closing this account or else they have threatened to ruin my credit. If you see Quin Unemployment please whatever you do run from this company. It's as if they are set up to ruin your credit as suppose to helping those who are unemployed or, building credit.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I was a member since March 29, 2022, when I was on site and seen ad about Quin.. I'm unemployed now and I was paying my membership for April, May And June. Each time I login into Quin I would payment was successful. I was suppose to activate and eligible to receive my lifestyle for the funds on June 29.. For some odd reason Quin decided to go ahead and close my account without notice and when I reached out they stated it was because I was 50 days past due on my membership and they only received April payment which was taken out of my account on April 4th and mind you I just became a member on March 29... I told them my payments was taken out for April, May and June and it showed that my payment was successful because if not they would send email and your lifestyle would be on paused.

So for June I received email to update my bank info which I did and support team processed my payment when I notified my info had been updated and they processed my funds and that was successful... So if I was past due for May and June payment why was my lifestyle for funds was about to be activate in a week from when they closed my account.. Now they saying can't reopen my account and they have taken out $29.99 out of my account for the three month membership.

I feel it was real funny they closed my account week before me being able to get my funds so now I think they are a scammed! Because like I told rep in email if I was past due and only made April payment why I didn't receive email and why it was showing each payment was successful and that my funds will be available June 29th and they closed my account on June 23rd and there stated funds was sent back from my bank which was another lie and I never received any information about my account getting closed until I went to login in and I was monitoring my Quin everyday! They are a scam!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I accidentally submitted something through Credit Karma because I didn’t realize it was a Quin loan. So Quin has not returned my money back yet but they closed my account and have told me they won’t reopen it and that it’s been past the time for me to be eligible for a refund. Buyers beware. A bit scamming activity.

Quin and Partners Company Information