2. Finance
  3. Investments

Prudential Investment Management Services

Prudential Investment Management Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.00/5

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Get advice from finance professionals.

Find a financial advisor near you on SmartAsset

Get Started

Prudential Investment Management Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Investment Management Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

They kept my account open and continued charging me fees even though I asked them to roll over my retirement. They didn't refund the fees even though it is their mistake. I had to wait on the phone for this! Great.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I have Prudential TDA retirement plan from NYC Health and Hospital Corporation. Why in this strange time there is no way to pay my retirement plan loan electronically, only by mail. It's weird. It's 21 century.

Get buying tips about Investment Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I am extremely happy to have been a Prudential client of Steve ** in Waterville, Maine for over 30 years. Steve is as solid as they come. He always puts my needs over commission. That is rare in this business. Having dealt with companies and representatives other than prudential and Steve, it is a night and day comparison. Getting money is simple with Steve and Prudential and NOT easy with others. All of my investments are now with Steve and Prudential. Steve learned my needs and researched what will best meet my retirement needs. Like any investments, there are up and downs, but Steve is in contact through thick and thin never dodging in bad times. He follows up appropriately and checks to make sure my needs have not changed. Great caring person. He is more than an agent. He cares about my future and family.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Having dealt with Prudential through my previous HR position, I knew in my gut that they were going to lose my forms. Prudential will only accept forms via fax or mail. In this day and age, why wouldn't we be able to email or upload a form to our account page? Shouldn't an investment company be a little more technology savvy? This is so they can claim they never got the form. Even with a successful fax transmittal showing how many pages went through, they claimed they did not receive my form. I worked in the benefits department of my company for 20 years and never had a problem faxing in forms for setting up new employee accounts or for rollovers into Prudential. Funny they always seem to not receive those faxes when people want to roll their money to another investment company.

My company was also having problems with Prudential claiming 401k loans weren't paid off when they were and charged employees late fees. We even started paying off employee loans early to avoid the charges and they still would tack on a fees at the end of the loan with no explanation. This would be in additional to the loan payoff payment schedule given to our payroll department. If you have a choice in dealing with this company, go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The worst customer service ever! I took a loan out against my employee contributions and after 8 business days the check still hadn’t arrived. The time frame was to be 3-5 business days. When I spoke to the representative, I was told that it was my fault that I didn’t choose the express option and when would told him that I was mad about how I was being treated he told me he was glad! The worst customer service ever!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My employer had 401K investment services with Prudential. I was given another opportunity with a different employer, and the age old question came about for me.... What to do with my 401K primary residence loan? Instead of calling my employer at the time looking for answers, I called Prudential and spoke to a CSR named Vivien. I didn't want my employer to know about this opportunity until I made my final decision. I proceeded to ask Vivien if I was able to leave my money in the current plan and pay the loan of $19K monthly via coupons for the original length of the loan. She took some time to check, but came back on the phone to let me know this was possible. I was elated to say the least.

I made my final decision and left that company. During my first week of employment with my new employer, received a phone call from Prudential (CSR Jessie) asking how I was planning on repaying the loan? I told him that I was just going to use the coupon method that Vivien told me about. Then Jessie went on to tell me that Vivien was wrong and I would need to repay this back in the according to the new TAX guidelines, but will not be able to pay it back via coupons for the original length of the loan.

Now.... I based my leaving on the information the original CSR (Vivien) told me as the monetary benefit of leaving would be wiped away if I was charged the penalties and taxes for early withdrawal of my 401K. They told me their was nothing they could do and they were sorry. I want to take them to court, but I have no idea where to start. I will be researching lawyers to see what kind of case I have, but I believed the original info that was given to me by Prudential was true and accurate, and I made a life changing decision based on that information. Shame on you Prudential. You owe me a reasonable resolution. Just let me pay the loan monthly.... Not that difficult!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Unfortunately I'm stuck with Prudential because by employer decided to use them to service our 401k program. They have the WORST customer service ever. I called twice in one day and held on for 30 mins each time, and still no one ever answered the phone! Every time I call, it is the same. I can't get any of my own money out, it's like they hold it for hostage! Please please be aware of this company and do NOT put your trust in them!

Original review: April 3, 2019

When trying to update my mailing address, there's no 'edit' area. You can't change your contact information on the site minus your phone number. I guess someone else is getting all of my retirement information which is a huge problem considering the private information that could contain. The chatbot is a complete waste. You state 'change address' and it tells me that the chat isn't available when it's definitely during the operational hours for the center. I tried again and used 'representative' and still got the same information. Considering how you can't update your info or actually contact someone unless you call them, I'll be moving my retirement to a company that actually cares about my personal information.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Horrible Customer Service, HIGH FEES, and no access to funds. I had the unfortunate luck to have my work use Prudential as their default option for investment in a 401k. I, being young, did not know what I was getting into and decided to just go for it and put in a little every week. After almost 2 years, I now have a bunch of money in there that is being raked apart by a disgusting 1.5 percent tax!!! That is awful! For comparison, Vanguard only charges .04 percent, and there are other companies who are less! Either way, they do this because as I said in my title, I literally CANNOT get these funds out for anything unless I quit my current job.

I tried to do a rollover into Vanguard but after I FINALLY got through to someone on the phone (probably a 20-30 minute wait), he was very rude and said, "Sorry buddy. You can't touch these funds until you leave your employer." That, is just unreasonable and has no place with all the better investment companies around. For the love of your money, DO NOT USE PRUDENTIAL.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Been waiting on hold for 15 minutes because when I enter the answer to security question, which I know is right (I damn well know my father's middle name) I get a message that my answer is wrong. Obviously a bug. I deal with Fidelity Investments, Brighthouse Financial, Citibank and Bank of America many times and I've never been on hold anywhere close to this for a lousy password reset. I wish my company used Fidelity or someone else for my retirement savings. What a hassle dealing with Prudential Retirement!! PS: They finally came on while I was writing this.

Prudential author review by ConsumerAffairs

Prudential was founded in 1875 to provide affordable life insurance policies to working class individuals in New Jersey. Today, the company offers a wide variety of financial products, including life insurance, annuities and mutual funds to consumers around the world.

• Investment options: Consumers can choose from many different money market, equity and fixed-income mutual funds from Prudential. They also have specialty equity funds comprised of investments in specific sectors, like real estate, utilities and more.

• Information: Interested investors can find information for all the company’s funds on Prudential’s website. Information includes commentary about performance as well as the prospectus, annual and semi-annual reports, lists of holding and fact sheets.

• Comparison tool: The Prudential website features a Fund Comparison Tool that makes it easy to compare up to three Prudential funds at one time. The tool makes it easy to see the cost of each fund as well as other important distinctions.

• PruView: Investors who want to learn more about investing can read the PruView part of the website. It has news articles and market insights to help consumers learn more.

• Financial professionals: Investors who want some help can find a financial professional through Prudential. They can request a qualified advisor to contact them by filling out a form online.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team