2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Pioneer Military Credit was previously known as Pioneer Services and operated for over 30 years as a military loan provider. The company has new ownership and is working to serve installment loans again to military members. The company will exclusively offer fixed-rate installment loans between $500 and $10,000.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Pioneer Military Credit Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Military Credit?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Military Credit?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This is the absolute WORST company. I gave them a one star because I couldn't leave a no star review. They back into your account, won't let you change any of the withdrawal dates or amounts, ignore your calls and emails until your payment is returned because YOU COULDN'T ENSURE IT WAS TAKEN OUT ON THE CORRECT DATE!!! I don't just hate this company. I hate everyone working for it. They're all a bunch of worthless scammers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Lender is scammer. I email and call about my applying for a loan. They told me it was approved. But I had to make 3 payment upfront and I did for $810.00 plus $60.00 to send it Western Union. I email to see if they got it. Yes they did. But now I had to do 3 more payments before it would be deposited. I called them a few times and then one day the phones were turned off after leaving voicemails to check on funds. Email also went unanswered. Now I have a hard time paying my bills and could be homeless in the cold of Wisconsin winter. Please help me help others so this don't happen to them. I pray that one day I will get my money back.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I wish that I could put a negative 100 star rating! In 2013 we were attempting to pay our $2000 loan in full but due to a $1000 dollar a day limit with our bank we decided to pay half one day and the other half the following day. We returned to their website to finish making the payment and the 'pay online' feature was nowhere to be found. So we called the customer service number and explained our situation and asked if we could make a payment over the phone, to which they said "sometimes this happens, we don't take phone payments, and you will either have to wait for the pay online option to show back up or send us money through Western Union for a fee". We were also informed by the lady that we wouldn't need to make payments during the next several months because we had made such a large payment but we would incur a large amount of interest that would be added to our bill.

So we began checking everyday for a few weeks to see if the option was back on there and of course it never showed back up. During the time between the first payment of $1000 and the end result we received several bills showing a zero monthly balance due. We finally came to the conclusion that they removed the pay online option because they were going to lose money from our early pay off and knew that we at the time were not happy about making another large payment just to make our payment through Western Union. However that is what we decided to do because we just wanted them out of our lives.

So we called to get all the Western Union info, and literally the following day someone from Pioneer called my commanding officer and told them that my wife had been sending them bad checks (we have never even owned checks) and making false promises to pay (my wife can't speak to them on my behalf), they also said that our $1000 payment didn't go through and all sorts of other lies.

I showed my commanding officer all of the bills that were sent to us, the proof shown on our bank statement that the payment did go through but because they said that the bills were falsified by us and then lied about the name that would show up on our bank statement I was barred from reenlistment and forced out of the military all because they are filthy thieving liars. My advice, DO NOT borrow from these criminals because if you try to pay early and avoid their ridiculous fees you will be screwed over. We now owe nearly $3000 for the remaining $1000 that they WOULDN'T allow me to pay!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I have had two loans with Pioneer while I was in military so allotment took care of those. The last loan I got a couple years ago was after I got out and they charge me 30% interest which is bs. Now I didn't always make payments on time and went about 6 months in one stretch not paying but my dad this last month decided to help me out. So we paid 1750.00 on loan that was for $2000 and MR. ** say it would still be listed on credit report as derogatory and would still need to pay the extra $400 which is total bs that they had told me that 1750 was a settlement offer now stating the 400 need paying I told them it wouldn't be paid my dad refuses to pay it. So I still have balance and they kind of rude about it in my opinion. DON'T GET A LOAN FROM THEM. I might if I get a job think about making payments on the $380 left.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

Not only is it expensive, they are horrible at refunding money back to you. This month I was sent into overdraft because Pioneer took out a DOUBLE payment. When I called to try to have it returned back into my account it seemed like I had to jump through fire hoops, and give up my first born just to try to get it situated. Seriously though they asked for bank statements, which I provided several of them that did not have it as marked pending. When I would call to check on it the representative that I spoke with said it was marked as pending, which I was looking at the same one and it wasn't!

Well long story short I didn't receive my funds because I was getting too upset about the situation. I will say that I asked for them to count it for the next month's payment, which she said they would able to do that. Although it seemed as if having the automatic payment would be a good idea it wasn't for me. I would rather call in monthly just so this doesn't happen again.

Original review: June 4, 2015

I took a loan from this company during a PCS when I was in financial need. Then during another PCS, I requested to refinance the amount left for more so I could once again help with some costs of moving from overseas. I was in Massachusetts at the time (a state I later found out they were unlicensed in). The loan officer (or whatever they are called that help with the loan) advised me to use the address they had on record because I was home on leave and would be moving to NY about 3 weeks after. I had no idea they suggested this because I was in MA. I submitted my application with my legal MA address, my Home of Record, and my current leave location. My loan was accepted, all was good. Until just recently when I fell behind on my loan after my allotment canceled. When I called them to try to work out how to get back on track, they told me they couldn't help me or help refinance the past due amount or anything because I was in Massachusetts.

I told them I was in MA at the time of the current loan to begin with and this wasn't an issue then. They submitted my complaint to their legal department, who wasn't willing to work this out. I contacted the Attorney General in Massachusetts to find out what could be done. They have assigned me a mediator to help. I have just recently spoken with them and they somehow have an application that previously stated I was in Massachusetts, but now states I was in NY. This is impossible, I was not living in NY at that time and wasn't even aware of what my address could be because I hasn't even signed in there yet. I have furnished them proof of leave paperwork, orders, etc.

They somehow changed my application to state an address I didn't submit my application under to avoid the fact they operated in Massachusetts without a license. We have the Attorney General investigating this case and are in the process of hiring a lawyer to void this loan, which is what the Mass General Law Chapter 140, Sections 94-110 states is what needs to happen here.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Due to circumstances, my credit score decreased pretty significantly. So in trying to rebuild my credit I took a loan out. I expected the high interest rate but felt it was part of the "game" to get work my way back up. I did appreciate the loan but my concern is when it ended. As I was paying my score was going up, which I was happy about. However when I paid the loan off early, My score dropped like a rock. I'm talking 70 points! This does not make sense to me. My understanding right now, until told otherwise, that something is wrong with this institution.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I was denied a loan for $2000 from you. I see that my residence length is an issue. We moved to this apartment in June 2014, 4 days before my official medical retirement. This was a temporary lease since it was the only place at the time that had an apartment to rent while we waited for all my benefits to kick in. My Combat related Special compensation just started getting paid in Feb. I am 100% disabled by the VA, 90% by the Army with 80% being combat related after 22 years of service. I am finally able to move my family into a home that is single story. I have to have neck surgery and am not able to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs anymore, due to my disability. I have used Pioneer loans for many years and have paid my monthly payments on time and even paid some of my loans off early.

Now I don't have moving expenses to move my family into a home so I can finally get surgery on my neck that I injured during my 5 deployments. The only debts I owe is on my 2008 Ford F-250, Capital One Card and Military Star Card. All my other debts like the Dept of Education have all been paid off and I have the paperwork from the Dept of Education saying it has been paid in full. All I am waiting for is my Army back pay which should be here in 30-60 days from Feb 1. As soon as I get it, I was going to pay off both Military Star Card and Capital One on top of a loan to help my family get into a new home.

Please tell me, with me making 4422 in benefits how I don't qualify for a loan when all the bills I have are my truck payment of $699, rent payment of $1000, Military Star Card payment of $35 and $57 Capital One payment which adds up to $1791. If you subtract $1791 from $4422 that leaves $2631 left over, so why can't I get a loan again? I gave 22 years of my life, 13 being active duty which also includes 5 deployments and you can't give a disabled veteran, who has to pay people to help move him and his family due to combat injuries so he can finally get surgery on his neck that has taken him away from being able to be an active part of his 2 year old daughter's life?

I am willing to take $1000 if I have to just to get moved. I was going set up an allotment, as I usually do to pay y'all. I choose to do business with y'all over other banks, loan companies and even credit union. So much for being there for service members and veterans!

Original review: May 24, 2011

I pay each payment on time but they are charging high interest rate where you will never be through and they are like the mob with interest rate that will kill you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2008

I have a loan with this company for $3,749. Have paid faithfully on my account. I was cut on my hours at work, so I called Pioneer and asked them for a lower payment so my payments were lowered. Then two months later, I was in a better position to pay this loan off. So I called them to ask my pay off. And I was told that it was higher than the first loan.and they told me I had two accounts when I have one account with Pioneer. And I called them quite frequently to get it all straightened out. Finally I got the one loan and still with no satisfaction with my payments and still no pay off. And now with the mess they put me through for three months when I asked them if I had a payment until they straightened out my account if this would reflect my credit and they said no. Well funny it has and I'm writing you to say please help me with this matter. They are wrong and I'm being wronged with this company.

Pioneer Military Credit Company Information