1.94/5

Looking for a loan company?

Pioneer Services

Looking for a loan company?

Pioneer Services Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2019

The entire process was easy and fast. The customer service representative was very helpful throughout the process. She made me feel comfortable and confident that things would go smoothly. I have been using this company for over 10 years now for my loans and I will continue to use them in the future. They do their best to treat their military customers like family.

Original review: May 13, 2019

It's truly a blessing to have a loan company that is there when you need them. I believe providing many services these days is very challenging. I requested and received outstanding customer service each time. Sometimes when I didn't even deserve it. Thank you Reneah and Terry at Pioneer Loans JBLM/Dupont, WA. To all at Team Pioneer Services "Thank You."

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I would like to thank Ms. Teri ** for her excellent customer service. She was very professional with me. I would definitely recommend that her professionalism be emulated by others.

Eddie

Original review: May 10, 2019

I think everything was straight forward. They really kept me updated through out the process. Maybe in the future they can come up with instant/ wire transfers but other than that no complaints... I say give it a try.

Original review: May 20, 2019

This company is very unprofessional! It is clear, through their customer service representatives, that they are not concerned about the customer at all. When asked to speak with a supervisor we were put on a “call back” because every supervisor was “busy.” We never received a callback from anyone. Other than our experience, we have spoke with many others who have dealt with payments leaving their bank but never being “received” from Pioneer! I do not trust this company at all! Do not give them your business. It is a shame to take advantage of service members and their families during times of need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Services?

Original review: April 18, 2019

These **. I got paid $5 and they took 4 dollars. How can you charge 80%? Last year I got paid $50 and they kept charging me every month until there was nothing left. So I never got to withdraw my money, they took everything.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Next to super high interest rates they do not recognize the servicemen's relief act for deployed Soldiers and Sailors also. Pioneer will pull money out of your bank account if you are behind on your payment. Beware. DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM HERE!!! There is plenty of programs to help in a time of need.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

After a hurricane that my city got evacuated for I didn't get paid for 3 weeks and my car sustained some serious water damage. I wound up taking out a 4200 loan and have now paid over 1500$ worth in payments while my standing balance has dropped down to only $4017. It was such a desperate situation (which is what they look for to take advantage of) that I felt comforted by the fact they spoke like they worked for Military Personnel and were just trying to help. They made themselves out to be something they most definitely were not, these are predatory loans, a person should not have to have a lawyer explain the loan to them just to make sure they don't get ripped off. Especially not a veteran, coming to a place like this that advertises doing business with veterans out of respect for them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Pioneer is absolutely the worst scam. Do not get a loan no matter how desperate!!! Trust me you’ll be paying for years. I've been paying 50 over minimum payment for 3 yrs for a 5000 loan and do not foresee an end of payments with the interest rate. I was told when I applied if I had any issues with payment date to call and they could accommodate but I found this to be very untrue this week. It is a fixed loan they said and am charging my 25 late fee to move the date of my loan withdrawals. Even after being a regular overpaying customer for four yrs no waive of fee was offered. Customer service personnel have zero compassion and will do everything to bleed you dry. Absolutely outrageous the way they talked to me without even trying to mask the irritation in my questions. Unbelievably horrific experience. I beg of all of you to avoid using them for your needs and hopefully they will go out of business!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I paid off my loan early and asked to make sure they would not take the scheduled payment out of my bank acct. They did anyway and when I called to get it refunded they said it would be quicker if I emailed a copy of the bank statement, which I did. It has now been over a week and I still have no refund of said payment. When I checked with them on the status they had not even done anything with my refund and it's listed as pending, with no indication how long it will take to receive it. They charge an outrageous amount of interest and their customer service sucks! I will never use them again.

Pioneer Services expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Pioneer Services is a personal loan company dedicated to lending to active or retired members of the military. The company has been in business for more than 25 years, and it has awarded loans to more than 1.4 million military families. Pioneer Services is the military division of MidCountry Bank, a company that makes VA home loans to eligible active-duty and retired veterans. The website provides an extensive learning center with specialized money topics to help the military population.

• Award-winning: Pioneer Services has won awards for its lending, including the Above and Beyond Award from the Military and the Kansas City Business Journal Champions of Business Award.

• Loan amounts with flexible terms: Pioneer Services offers personal for $1,000 to $10,000 with flexible terms to meet the financial needs of each individual borrower.

• "Bad credit" loans: The company provides loans to active and retired military personnel regardless of credit score. In fact, Pioneer Services considers factors in addition to credit score when making loans.

• Fast turnaround: Pioneer Services’ online application notifies borrowers the results of their loan request within minutes.

• 15-day risk-free guarantee: The company offers a 15-day risk-free guarantee, so borrowers who change their mind may return the money penalty-free with no questions asked.

• Best for: People in the military looking for travel loans, auto loans, debt consolidation or home loans.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg