2. Mortgages

4.0/5 (171 ratings)

About PHH Mortgage

PHH Mortgage has provided mortgage services and financing solutions for more than 30 years. PHH offers a wide variety of homeowner assistance and loan options, including options for those purchasing a new home or refinancing.

Pros

• Offers home loans and refinancing
  • 24/7 online account access
  • Competitive rates

Cons

• Does not offer HELOC programs
  • Mixed reviews for customer service

Bottom Line

PHH helps home buyers navigate the homebuying process and offers a variety of loan options for first-time homebuyers, seasoned homebuyers and investors

Top PHH Mortgage Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have a home loan that is with PHH. I was recently impressed by their friendly and helpful staff. They helped me delay my payments, but this isn’t the only time they have exceede...

Verified

The PHH rep who was providing assistance went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve my paperwork, even though my account had been closed and transferred to a third...

What is PHH Mortgage?

PHH Mortgage offers a variety of services for homebuyers and business owners. PHH Mortgage focuses on helping people buy homes or investment properties. It has flexible financing options and loan terms, and the company provides resources to help buyers make informed and confident decisions. PHH Mortgage also offers business services, including subservicing, partner portfolio management and investor services.

PHH Homebuying

The PHH Mortgage team walks homebuyers through every step of the homebuying process. Its representatives help customers determine how much they can afford, discuss down payment options and closing costs, set monthly payments and navigate additional expenses like insurance and utilities.

First-time homebuyers
PHH Mortgage offers first-time homebuyers the support and resources they need to navigate the homebuying process. This includes walking you through the preapproval process, exploring your options for loan terms and joining you for the home inspection process. Its representatives help first-time homebuyers through the closing process and answer all questions until you have the keys to your new home.
Next homes
If you’ve purchased a home before, PHH can help you finance your next home if you’re looking to downsize or upgrade. The company can help repeat homebuyers choose the best mortgage and decide between fixed-rate mortgages and adjustable-rate loans.
Vacation homes
Buying a second home or vacation property is similar to buying a primary residence, but PHH helps you understand taxes, equity and rental potential for a second home. It offers a vacation homebuying checklist so you can make a vacation home purchase with confidence.
Investment properties
PHH Mortgage helps new investors enter the property investment market and seasoned investors fine-tune their strategies. Talk to the company’s mortgage experts about loan options for investment properties.

PHH Refinancing

Refinancing can be a smart way to reduce your interest rates, shorten payment periods or lower monthly payments. Whether you need to take cash out or change your loan options, PHH makes it easy to understand your options and save money in the process.

PHH Home Insurance

Buying a home means buying insurance — this can be a confusing process, especially for first-time homeowners. PHH offers a wide range of insurance products, including flood, accidental death and homeowners insurance. It also assists with home warranties and identity fraud protection.

PHH Mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently, and it’s a good idea to get rates from several mortgage lenders before making a final decision.

PHH is one of the top five mortgage companies in the country and offers fixed-rate loans with terms up to 40 years. Its simple online loan application process lets you see the types of loans you qualify for. The company’s rates are typically competitive with the market.

PHH Mortgage FAQ

How do I make a payment on PHH Mortgage?
PHH Mortgage’s innovative website lets you access your account 24/7 and make payments online. You can also submit your payment by phone.
Does PHH Mortgage have a grace period?
There is a 15-day grace period for mortgage payments.
Does PHH Mortgage accept cards?
Yes. You can pay with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. You can also make payments through Apple Pay or your bank account.

Is PHH Mortgage a good company?

PHH is a leading mortgage company in the United States. Its rates are competitive, and it offers a variety of services for homebuyers. Customers give mixed feedback on customer service, but many report being satisfied with its flexible payment plans. We recommend PHH as an educational resource for those buying homes for the first time or those looking to switch up their real estate financing options.

PHH Mortgage Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PHH Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My monthly mortgage payment was made by the due date but after hours. My husband has been in the hospital for some time after suffering a stroke and I just honestly forgot my payment with so many other things going on this month. I made the payment after hours; but the next morning I received an email advising my payment was late. I called PHH, explained the timing of my payment and my personal issues with my husband and the agent could not have been more pleasant. She first gave her good wishes for a speedy recovery and then looked at my payment. It turns out the payment was processing, not yet processed.

I asked about late fees as I have never in my life paid my mortgage payment late nor any other payment for that matter. The agent stated she would monitor my account and if she saw a late payment applied she would do her best to have it removed. My call was over in less than 5 minutes. She confirmed my payment, advised she would try to have the late charge removed (if applied), AND offered her good wishes to my husband. A very pleasant customer experience.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Debra. We wish a speedy recovery for your husband and hope that things get better for you in the coming future. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Quicken loans sold the loan package to PHH. And we have to sign up and establish an new account with PHH. The new information was not established online yet, when I tried to do that with my iPad. So I called and talked to Mr. **. He helped walked me through the sign up process, paid the first payment for February (which is due) and established an auto payment monthly. He was most helpful and patient. I am very grateful. An employee like this should be valued. I am a retired pharmacist. Dealing with customers for 47 years. I know what is customer service. Thank you.

PHH Mortgage response

Edward, thank you taking the time to share your positive feedback with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided by our agent. We will be sure to share this feedback with Sochulo and his manager.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

2020 was a tough year but thankfully PHH is my mortgage company who went above and beyond to show me they care. Empathy is not the same as sympathy... PHH has agents who put themselves in my shoes (and many others) to figure out a plan (or option) that would help get us through these uncertain times vs saying “I’m sorry, when can you pay?”. Every time I called customer service with questions, I was treated with respect and felt I had a ‘partner’ who wanted to help me succeed during the pandemic versus saying tough luck! Because of them and their resources, I’m finally able to get back on my feet and continue living in my dream home I worked so hard for. This company listens. They care. They want families to have a roof over their head and go above and beyond to help them out. Thank you, I appreciate your support!

PHH Mortgage response

Shalee, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Your response to our survey: I had a real lousy situation to deal with which had to do with my escrow status in 2021 which I learned about from a letter I received from PHH. The letter had tons of data and information and instructions for me to follow based on the fact that in June of 2000, my house insurance increased quite a bit. After studying the phh letter, I called a woman in India who works for phh. She and I reviewed my situation and she helped me to make the decision to fix the issue I had to increase my 2001 escrow expense per month. She did an outstanding job. Give her a raise!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Peter. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I gave the extremely highest rating because from the very beginning due to the pandemic you have been very considerate and worked with me during my financial difficulty, and for that I'm appreciative. When people are faced with hard times and it seems no one cares to assist that is very difficult and an hard pill to swallow; especially when you have previously paid your bills on time, but now due to circumstances beyond control it puts you in a bad position. We need more companies like you who care about your customers. Thanks so Much!

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Toi. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

It was a good, it took a while but it was okay and the papers everything went smoothly and everyone was nice and very helpful. My experience was good. I would do it again if I need to. Thank you very much for all your help.

PHH Mortgage response

Peter, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with PHH. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we look forward to working with you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

My experience with PHH, is impeccable. They stay are very patient, answer all questions with ease and are very qualified and knowledgeable thus, rendering clarity and comfort in my concerns. I mostly appreciate the fact that they often take the time to email or contact me to give updates and assure me peaceful mindset. I won't change a thing. Thank you to PHH. India.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Radheeka. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I would love to shout out to PHH mortgage for making sure we have a roof over our head during the terrible time. Covid has had my family a couple of times and it is easy to recoup when you are not worried about a place to live. Thanks for all y’all have done for my family. They comes highly recommended from us.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Sherrie. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

PHH has been continuously assisting with my Mortgage Hardship Status. They have been efficient at assisting with my needs which is Greatly appreciated. The Customer Service has been seriously patient with me. They make sure that they stay in contact with me, thereby not allowing timelines to be missed. The follow up is commendable.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Gregg, for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are here to help our customers, and we're glad to hear that you are pleased with the customer service provided.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

From late last year when I began my home refinancing process with the Money Store and since dealing with their mortgage payment representative - PHH - I have felt excellently cared for as a customer with all my concerns being met along the way. Getting a most competitive refi rate and having all questions answered in a timely and accurate way helps me offer a total thumbs up in this review.

PHH Mortgage response

Thank you, Steven. It is our goal to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we are delighted to read your feedback about PHH. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

PHH Mortgage Company Information