Find the Best Personal Loans in Milwaukee, WI
Top 12 Milwaukee Personal Loan Companies
|Best Egg||Read 1,484 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Easy online application. Get money in your account in as little as one day upon approval and verification. Recommended minimum debt of $5,000 for debt consolidation.
|Next Day Personal Loan||Read 60 Reviews|
Lending network for personal loans up to $40,000. Apply in under two minutes to start their simple, three-step process: apply, qualify, get funded. Funds available as soon as the next business day.
|Get Pricing Call Now Toll Free (833) 985-2116|
|FreedomPlus||Read 506 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $50,000. Underwrites consumer loans under Freedom Financial Network LLC. Recommended minimum debt of $10,000 for debt consolidation.
|NetCredit||Read 957 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $10,000. Can deliver funds same business day, Guarantees a 100% commitment to customer satisfaction. Provides eligibility verification by state.
|US Bank||Read 1,733 Reviews|
U.S. Bank offers online banking services with bill payment and mobile deposit options. They also offer checking accounts, savings accounts, traditional loans, investing options, credit cards, credit lines and home mortgages.
|Associated Bank||Read 94 Reviews|
Associated Bank, founded in 1861, is headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The company is focused on banking for mid-size companies in the bank's regions. These includes Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and the surrounding Midwest.
|OppLoans||Read 190 Reviews|
Lender specializing in installment loans. Offers loans in 12 and offer loan terms from nine to 36 months. Average APR is 160%, and borrowers can borrow between $500 - $4000, depending on where they live.
|Enterprise Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Allows customers to borrow up to $10,000 with no collateral required. Offers secured and unsecured personal loans and lines of credit. Promises a quick approval process and payout.
|Landmark Credit Union Milwaukee||Read Author Review|
Offers unsecured and secured personal loans and loan terms as long as 48 months (36 months for loans of $5,000 or less). Online application available. Based in New Berlin with over 20 branches in the Milwaukee area.
|Prime Financial Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Offers secured and unsecured personal loans, which include signature loans, credit building loans and an emergency loan. Terms vary and APR is determined upon credit check.
|Summit Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Offers unsecured and secured loans that can be used for anything. Apply online in minutes and get an approval decision in as little as one business day. Various repayment options. Multiple Milwaukee-area branches.
|UW Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides unsecured installment loans of $500 to $40,000 with fixed monthly payments and no origination fees. Charges no hidden fees. Offers optional payment protection in case the borrower becomes disabled or dies.
People take out personal loans in Milwaukee for all sorts of reasons: to pay for an unexpected visit to the emergency room at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center or Froedtert Hospital; to get married at a popular venue like The Pfister or Harley-Davidson Museum; to move to a new address in Brookfield, Wauwatosa or a North Shore suburb; to improve an older home on the East Side; or to take a vacation.
Lenders in Milwaukee offer personal loans from less than $1,000 to more than $30,000 with annual percentage rates (APRs) from below 10% to over 30%. The type of personal loan you qualify for, the amount you can borrow and your interest rate depend on factors like your credit history, your income and the value of your assets.
Finding a personal loan
There are many types of personal loans in Milwaukee. You may not qualify for every type of personal loan, and not every loan will be appropriate for your situation. Below are examples of several common types of personal loans.
- Unsecured/secured loan: Unsecured loans allow you to borrow money without putting up a form of collateral. To qualify, you need a good credit history, which isn’t uncommon among the state’s residents: Wisconsin has one of the highest average credit scores in the U.S. Secured loans, which require an asset to be used as collateral, may come with lower interest rates, but you risk losing a valuable possession if you default.
- Fixed-rate/variable-rate loan: A fixed-rate loan has an interest rate that stays the same. Borrowers choose fixed-rate loans for their predictable monthly payments. On a variable-rate loan, the interest rate can change based on market interest rates. If you’re a borrower who can afford risk, plans to pay off your loan quickly or believes interest rates will decline, you might prefer a personal loan in Milwaukee with a variable rate.
- Personal line of credit: With a personal line of credit, you can borrow up to an amount approved by a lender and pay interest only on the amount you use. You don’t have to put up collateral to get a personal line of credit, but good credit is required to qualify. Some lenders offer secured lines of credit, which require collateral.
State requirements for personal loans in Milwaukee
According to the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), personal loans under $25,000 are covered by the Wisconsin Consumer Act. There is no maximum interest rate on a consumer credit transaction in Wisconsin. For more information about the Wisconsin Consumer Act, visit the topics of interest page on the DFI website. Not all personal loans may be governed by the Wisconsin Consumer Act, including those from banks and credit unions.
Choosing a Milwaukee personal loan company
Before choosing a loan company, you should think about what type of personal loan you want and how much you are looking to borrow. Also, make sure to review your credit report for accuracy.
The personal loan company you work with should have an easy application process, fast approval decision, competitive rates, reasonable fees, easy-to-understand terms and flexible payment options. Its staff should be accessible, knowledgeable and helpful.
Contact several reputable banks, credit unions and online lenders to find out if you qualify for a personal loan in Milwaukee. See how much you can borrow, the loan term, interest rate and annual percentage rate. Compare the total cost of the loan from different lenders before making your decision.
Be certain to read over your loan agreement carefully and ask the lender any questions you might have. If you sign for your loan in person at a bank or credit union, you’ll get your cash in a lump sum right away. Online loans in Wisconsin are electronically deposited into your bank account, usually within one to two business days.
Milwaukee personal loan FAQ
- Can I get a loan with a Milwaukee credit union?
- Yes, you can. Milwaukee has many different credit unions that offer personal loans, including Landmark Credit Union, UW Credit Union and Summit Credit Union.
- What’s the best online personal loan company?
- Any of the companies we list in this guide that offer online loans in Wisconsin are good options. You can apply for a loan, sign a loan agreement, receive funds and make payments without ever having to visit a bank, credit union or other lender in Milwaukee.
- How can I get a personal loan in Milwaukee with poor credit?
- You can get a personal loan in Milwaukee even if you have bad credit. If you’re still having trouble qualifying, you may consider payday loans, which require no credit at all, or title loans, which require you to put up a vehicle as collateral.
- What is the cheapest way to borrow money in Milwaukee?
- It depends on the individual borrower. The best way to find the cheapest loans in Milwaukee is to apply with a variety of lenders, including banks, credit unions and online lenders, for a loan with the best possible terms. Make sure your credit report is accurate before applying; it plays a big role when determining the rates you pay.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Milwaukee personal loan company information
Landmark Credit Union, which has more than 357,000 members in Wisconsin and Illinois, offers personal loans with no collateral required to borrowers who have a good credit score. The credit union also provides savings- or certificate-secured loans. Loan terms go as high as 48 months. Apply online or stop by a branch in Milwaukee.
- Address: 2797 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53207; Multiple locations
- Phone: (262) 796-4500
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: landmarkcu.com/loans-credit-cards/personal-loans-line-of-credit
UW Credit Union offers unsecured personal loans with fixed monthly payments and no origination or hidden fees. Customers can borrow $500 to $40,000 and pay it back in installments. Loan payment protection is available in case of death or disability. Customers can apply online and get an approval decision within one business day. Check UW Credit Union’s website for special offers.
- Address: 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI 53211; Multiple locations
- Phone: (608) 232-5000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: uwcu.org/loans/personal-loans
With Summit Credit Union, you can apply for a personal loan online in just minutes, get an approval decision in one business day and have funds as soon as you sign your agreement. Unsecured and certificate-secured loans are available. Apply online or schedule an appointment at a Summit branch for more information.
- Address: 2159 Miller Park Way, Milwaukee, WI 53219; Multiple locations
- Phone: (800) 236-5560
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: summitcreditunion.com/borrow/personal-loans
Prime Financial Credit Union offers secured and unsecured personal loans to Milwaukee residents. Prime Financial’s unsecured loans include signature loans with varying terms and APRs as low as 8.99%, credit builder loans with APRs as low as 28% and terms up to 24 months and EZ pay loans with terms up to 12 months and APRs as low as 38%. EZ pay loans are designed to be used for emergencies and are an alternative to high interest rate payday loans.
- Address: 1923 W. Oklahoma Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53215; Multiple locations
- Phone: (414) 486-4500
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: primefinancialcu.org
Enterprise Credit Union offers unsecured and secured personal loans to Milwaukee customers. The credit union allows customers to borrow up to $10,000 with an unsecured loan. Exact amounts, rates and terms are determined upon a credit check. Enterprise also offers lines of credit to customers with a bank account with the company. Enterprise Credit Union puts no restrictions on how the customer uses the loan.
- Address: 765 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Phone: (262) 797-6260
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:15pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: enterprisecu.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.