Find the Best Personal Loans in Denver, CO
Top 12 Denver Personal Loan Lenders
|Best Egg||Read 1,469 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Easy online application. Get money in your account in as little as one day upon approval and verification. Recommended minimum debt of $5,000 for debt consolidation.
|NetCredit||Read 950 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $10,000. Can deliver funds same business day, Guarantees a 100% commitment to customer satisfaction. Provides eligibility verification by state.
|Next Day Personal Loan||Read 32 Reviews|
Lending network for personal loans up to $40,000. Apply in under two minutes to start their simple, three-step process: apply, qualify, get funded. Funds available as soon as the next business day.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (833) 985-2116|
|LoanMe||Read 522 Reviews|
Offers personal loans up to $100,000. Processes approvals in as few as four hours. No prepayment penalties. Minimum loan amount of $600 required.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (855) 464-0433|
|Lendmark Financial||Read 104 Reviews|
Lendmark Financial Services is a consumer finance company that provides a variety of personal loans, automobile loans and retail merchant financial services. It was founded in 1996 and has over 130 branches in 11 states.
|OppLoans||Read 189 Reviews|
A company focused on prompt, affordable and secure personal loans while providing quick service, lowered interest, and expert customer care.
|Bellco||Read Expert Review|
Offers consumer line of credit up to $50,000 and share-secured loans with no minimum credit requirements. Provides signature loans with customizable terms and fixed interest rates.
|Canvas Credit Union||Read Expert Review|
Offers overdraft line of credit. Secured and signature loans available. Provides APRs as low as 9.99% on signature loans with borrowing amounts up to $10,000.
|Credit Union of Colorado||Read Expert Review|
Gives personal loans for short-term needs. Doesn’t require collateral, and loans have competitive interest rates and fixed payments. Online applications available.
|Denver Community Credit Union||Read Expert Review|
Offers flexible loans with no prepayment penalties. Approvals based on creditworthiness. Online application available.
|Elevations Credit Union||Read Expert Review|
Offers personal and deposit-secured loans with fixed rates and payments and optional loan protection. No prepayment penalties. May use CD or savings account for deposit-secured loans.
|MidFirst Bank Denver||Read Expert Review|
Provides personal loans with flexible terms and fast approval and closing times. Offers discounts for auto debits. Start a loan application by calling customer service or visiting a local branch.
Many life situations make personal loans in Colorado a necessity. For example, an emergency room visit to Rose Medical Center sets residents back an average of $1,389. Additionally, locals moving into up-and-coming neighborhoods like Villa Park might need to spend money on remodeling. Personal loans also help provide relief by giving residents a chance to pay back debt at lower interest rates and better repayment terms.
Choosing a loan in Denver, CO
With many loan options available, it can be difficult for Denver residents to choose the right one for their circumstances. When applying for a personal loan, make sure you understand which personal loan type works best for you.
- Personal line of credit loan: Denver is among the top 10 U.S. cities for startups and entrepreneurs. A personal line of credit loan can supplement funds for those with irregular incomes. Unlike lump payments, small business owners can take only what they need, when they need it, to avoid a cash shortage.
- Co-signed loan: Students attending the University of Denver or the Metropolitan State University of Denver who have little to no credit history can improve their chances of loan approvals by having someone with a strong credit profile co-sign the loan. With a personal loan, students can pay for living expenses and supplies if they don’t have assets or collateral for a secured loan.
- Secured loan: Secured loans are one of the most popular types of personal loans. To be approved for a secured loan, a borrower must have collateral. Denverites looking to buy a car can turn to a secured auto loan and use the purchased car as collateral.
State regulation for personal loans in Denver, CO
Personal loans in Colorado have an interest rate cap of 12%, or 8% if there's no written agreement. Limits aren't enforceable if consumers agree to pay higher rates by signing a contract or indicating they agree with the terms, such as by clicking "I agree" for an online contract. Mortgages do not have a capped interest rate.
How to pick a lender in Denver
Here are useful steps to choosing a Denver lender:
- Research the kind of loan needed
- Ask friends and family for recommendations
- Read online company reviews
- Compare interest rates and loan terms
- Review lender complaints registered with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Online vs. local lenders
Another factor is if consumers are looking for an online or local lender. Some lenders work exclusively over the internet, while others do business by talking with a lender face to face. For those who favor a traditional experience with their lender, a local bank or credit union is preferable. However, some prefer the flexibility of online payments and the ability to monitor accounts remotely, making an online lender a good choice.
Denver personal loan FAQ
- What credit score do you need for a personal loan in Denver?
- Typical credit scores needed for a personal loan in Denver are 620 and higher. Consumers with scores less than 600 can get bad credit loans in Colorado with a co-signer or with lenders who specialize in higher-risk borrowers.
- Can I get a loan with a Denver credit union?
- Yes, you can get a loan from a credit union. Credit unions may have rates lower than traditional banks.
- Are personal loans in Denver a good idea?
- Personal loans are an excellent option for people who need funds if they can find reasonable interest rates and have a plan for repayment.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Denver personal loan company information
MidFirst Bank is one of the nation's largest privately held banks and features a variety of banking options to suit every client's needs. Its personal loans have flexible terms and can be used for various expenses, including a dream vacation, wedding or nursery remodel. You can visit or call a branch for more information.
- Address: 101 Cook St., Denver, CO 80206
- Phone: (303) 376-3800
- Hours: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: midfirst.com
Elevations Credit Union offers an optional loan protection add-on. Loan protection packages secure consumers financially in case something affects their ability to pay back the loan, such as unemployment or a disability. Personal loans have various terms available and include deposit-secured loans. Online applications available.
- Address: 4750 W. 120th Ave., Ste. 700, Westminster, CO 80031
- Phone: (303) 443-4672
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: elevationscu.com
Denverites can apply online for their personal loans with Denver Community Credit Union or visit their local credit union branch. One of the best aspects of the bank's personal loans is that they can be used to fund whatever is needed, whether that's car repairs, vow renewals or quinceñeras.
- Address: 1095 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204
- Phone: (303) 573-1170
- Hours: M: 9am - 6pm; T - F: 9am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: denvercommunity.coop
With three types of personal loans, Bellco has options for everyone — including those with bad credit. The bank's share-secured loans can help build or rebuild credit histories and use borrower’s savings or CD as collateral. And with its lines of credit, Denver residents pay interest only on amounts they use.
- Address: 951 16th St., Ste. 101, Denver, CO 80202
- Phone: (720) 479-5278
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: bellco.org
Credit Union of Colorado claims that virtually everyone meets the eligibility requirements for a personal loan, which lets Denver residents take advantage of the credit union's competitive personal loan interest rates. The Credit Union of Colorado also offers $50 for people who schedule a 10-minute loan review of any existing loan with one of its member advocates.
- Address: 7541 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO 80231
- Phone: (303) 832-4816
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5:30pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: cuofco.org
Canvas Credit Union’s secured loans help Denverites build or improve their credit score. Borrowers only need collateral of $1,000 minimum in CDs or $500 in savings to start the application process. Residents with excellent credit histories can take out a signature loan without providing collateral.
- Address: 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO 80204
- Phone: (303) 691-2345
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 5:30pm
- Website: canvas.org
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Take a quiz and get matched with an Accredited Partner.