Find the Best Personal Loans in Dallas, TX
Top 14 Dallas Personal Loan Companies
Read 1,490 Reviews
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Loan term lengths range between three to five years. Requires a credit score of at least 640. APRs start as low as 5.99%. Minimum debt consolidation is $5,000.
Read 999 Reviews
Offers fast funding and flexible loan terms. Borrowers can get approved for loans up to $10,000. Approved applications can be funded as soon as the next business day. Offers lines of credit from $500 to $4,500. APRs vary by state.
Read 285 Reviews
Peer-to-peer lending company that offers personal loans, auto refinancing and small business loans. Compare multiple offers. Personal loans up to $50,000. Small business loans up to $500,000. Auto refinancing up to $55,000.
Read 525 Reviews
Offers personal loans from $600 to $20,000. Provides small business loans. Requires a credit score of 760 for best rates. Includes seven-day “no worry guarantee” to return any amount. No prepayment penalty.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (844) 725-7868|
Next Day Personal Loan
|Read 70 Reviews|
Offers personal loans from $100 to $40,000. Service is free and doesn’t affect credit score. Application forms take two minutes or less to fill out. Funds as soon as the next business day. Offers nationwide lenders.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (833) 985-2116|
Personal Loan Pro
Offers personal loans from $1,000 to $50,000. APRs as low as 2.49%. Serves as a free matching tool to connect users to lending partners. Provides loan offers in less than two minutes.
Read 191 Reviews
Offers bad credit loans, no-credit-check loans and installment loans. Payday loan APRs up to 199%. Loan amounts range from $500 to $4,000. No minimum credit score required to apply. Same-day deposit available upon approval.
|Amegy Bank||Read Author Review|
Offers secured and unsecured personal loans and lines of credit. Advertises fixed rates starting at 7.64% and rate discounts for automatic payments. Doesn’t charge prepayment penalties. Accepts online applications.
|City Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides personal loans starting at $300 with same-day cash option. Advertises interest rates as low as 9.99%. Offers loan payment protection. Requires credit union membership. Accepts online or in-person applications.
|Credit Union of Texas||Read Author Review|
Offers secured and unsecured loans as well as lines of credit. Advertises interest rates starting at 10.24% and terms up to 60 months. Allows customers to skip up to two payments per year. Funds available within two business days.
|LoneStar Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Offers personal loans and lines of credit. Approves applications online, over the phone or at a local branch. Provides free financial wellness education. Promotes rates starting at 8.75% for unsecured and 3% for secured.
|Neighborhood Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides signature loans, secured loans and lines of credit. Advertises APRs as low as 8.95% and loan terms up to 60 months. Accepts online applications from qualified members. Provides refer a friend program for signature loans.
|Personal Finance||Read Author Review|
Provides dedicated loans for vacations, medical costs, home furnishings, appliances and emergencies. Offers secured or unsecured loans starting at $1,000 with fixed interest rates. Accepts online, phone or in-person applications.
|Prestige Community Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides lines of credit and personal loans up to $15,000. Offers APRs ranging from 8.99% to 18% and terms up to 36 months. Features interest rate discounts for automatic payments. Offers credit builder loans.
You can typically apply for personal loans ranging from $1,000 to $100,000, though you might qualify for a higher amount depending on your creditworthiness. Individuals use these loans for a variety of purposes, such as weddings, renovation costs and vacation funds. Many Dallas residents also use personal loans to pay for medical expenses at top local hospitals like UT Southwestern Medical Center or Baylor University Medical Center.
Picking a personal loan in Dallas, TX
With such a variety of personal loans, it's tough to know which one is best for you. The loan you choose should be based on your financial information, your credit history and the purpose of the loan.
- Secured loans: These loans are backed by collateral, usually a physical asset or savings. People often choose secured loans if they want to build their credit or make a large purchase. For example, if you’re shopping for a car at one of the many dealerships along Harry Hines Boulevard, you’ll need a secured personal loan with the car itself functioning as collateral if the loan falls into default.
- Unsecured loans: For those with a high income or higher than average credit score, unsecured personal loans are a fast and easy way to get funding without collateral. The average credit score in Texas is 649, but this type of loan usually has a minimum credit score requirement of 660 or higher. If you qualify, unsecured personal loans are ideal for a variety of projects and expenses.
- Variable-rate loans: Looking for a short-term loan? Perhaps you’re funding a home improvement or appliance purchase and anticipate quickly paying off the balance. Variable interest rate loans are great for these types of purposes because you often qualify for a lower interest rate at the outset of the loan. As long as you pay off your balance quickly, this option can save you money on interest.
- Fixed-rate loans: People generally use fixed-rate loans when they want to pay for a significant purchase over an extended period. Whether you’re getting married at the RoseMary Barn or the Hickory Street Annex, a fixed rate personal loan can help fund all of the expenses for your big day. The interest rate stays the same over the life of the loan, which allows you to easily anticipate your payments and how long it takes to pay off the balance.
State requirements for Dallas loans
To protect you from predatory lenders, the state of Texas has interest rate restrictions in place to limit the long-term cost of loans. The state of Texas caps interest rates on loans at 18%. Depending on your creditworthiness, you may qualify for a rate significantly lower than the maximum.
How to choose a Dallas company
There are several lenders in the Dallas area, and you may be overwhelmed with information. Before you choose a lender, take a look at our recommended steps.
- Decide on the features you want: Evaluate the company features that are important to you. For instance, do you want a lender with a local branch or would you prefer to work with an online or national company?
- Gather quotes: Get a few quotes from your top options to compare their interest rates and repayment terms.
- Pay attention to customer service: If you have any interactions with loan agents or other staff, consider how you feel about their customer service style and responsiveness.
- Check reviews online: Read online reviews from previous customers and look for complaints registered with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This step helps protect you from predatory business practices and unsatisfactory experiences as a borrower.
Before signing any contracts, be sure to review the interest rate and loan terms as well as any potential penalties or fees. This review helps you anticipate the full cost of the loan before you commit to anything.
Dallas personal loan FAQ
- Can I get a loan with bad credit?
- Bad credit loans in Texas are available — many online companies and credit unions don’t have minimum credit requirements. However, your interest rate, repayment terms and the amount you’re able to borrow depend on your credit history and income information. If you’re unable to qualify for funding from these lenders, see our guide on payday loans for another borrowing option.
- What’s the best online personal loan company?
- There are plenty of online lenders in Texas with interest rates ranging from 0.99% to 9.95%. The rate you qualify for depends on your credit history.
- Are Dallas personal loans a good idea?
- As long as you have a plan for paying back the balance, a personal loan is an excellent way to fund projects or expenses quickly. If you can afford the monthly payment, you can use these loans for home renovations, medical procedures and educational expenses.
- What is the cheapest way to borrow money in Dallas?
- To find a genuinely affordable personal loan, focus on lenders that have the lowest interest rates.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Dallas personal loan company information
Personal Finance Company is a lender that offers secured and unsecured loans at locations across six states. These loans can be used for many purposes, including vacations, medical bills, home furnishings, appliances and emergencies. Loans start at $1,000 and always carry a fixed interest rate. Customers can apply online, over the phone or visit a local branch.
- Address: 116 Wynnewood Plaza, Dallas, TX 75224
- Phone: (214) 941-3992
- Hours: M, W, Th: 9am - 5:30pm; T, F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: personalfinancecompany.com
Credit Union of Texas provides secured and unsecured loans. It lends to credit union members, but membership is open to almost every Dallas resident. Credit Union of Texas’ interest rates start at 10.24%, and it usually funds loans within one or two business days. Payment terms run up to 60 months, and the lender advertises a Skip a Payment program that lets customers skip up to two qualifying payments each year.
- Address: 8131 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway, Ste. 107, Dallas, TX 75251
- Phone: (972) 263-9497
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: cutx.org
Neighborhood Credit Union is a top provider of signature loans and secured loans in the Dallas area. It offers a competitive interest rate of 8.95% and loan terms up to 60 months. Neighborhood Credit Union has locations across the city and convenient online banking services to manage your loan. It only lends to members, but anyone who lives or works in Dallas County qualifies for membership.
- Address: 13651 Montfort Drive, Dallas, TX 75240
- Phone: (214) 748-9393
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: myncu.com
LoneStar Credit Union is a local lender that provides personal loans and lines of credit to qualified Dallas residents. The lender’s interest rates start at 3% for secured loans or 8.75% for unsecured balances. It only lends to those who meet the bank's membership requirements. While Dallas County isn’t on their list of qualifying counties, you can qualify for membership if you live or work within 10 miles of their branch in Dallas or your employer does business with LoneStar Credit Union.
- Address: 7508 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228
- Phone: (800) 588-6928
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: lonestarcu.org
Prestige Community Credit Union issues lines of credit, personal loans and credit builder loans with interest rates starting at 8.99%. If you set up automatic payments from your Prestige account, you can get an additional 0.25% deduction on your interest rate. You may qualify for credit union membership depending on where you live or work. Check the website for more information.
- Address: 15203 Knoll Trail Drive, Ste. 101, Dallas, TX 75248
- Phone: (972) 715-4444
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: prestigecu.org
Get same-day cash with a personal loan from City Credit Union. Its loans start at $300 with interest rates as low as 9.99%. As an optional add-on, you can choose loan protection that guards against unexpected circumstances like unemployment or disablement. City Credit Union only lends to members, but everyone who lives or works in Dallas County is eligible.
- Address: 7474 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX 75228
- Phone: (214) 515-0100
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 4pm; F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: citycu.org
Amegy Bank provides personal loans and lines of credit with competitive interest rates that start at 7.64%. Sign up for automatic payments from one of its accounts to qualify for a rate reduction. Borrowers can apply online or in person for fixed-rate secured or unsecured loans. The bank does not charge prepayment penalties for any loan product.
- Address: 2501 N. Harwood St., Dallas, TX 75201
- Phone: (214) 754-6311
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: amegybank.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.