Find the Best Personal Loans in Atlanta, GA
Top 14 Atlanta Personal Loan Companies
Read 1,487 Reviews
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Loan term lengths range between 3 to 5 years. Requires a credit score of at least 640. APRs start as low as 5.99%. Minimum debt consolidation is $5,000.
Read 993 Reviews
Offers fast funding and flexible loan terms. Borrowers can get approved for loans up to $10,000. Approved applications can be funded as soon as the next business day. Offers lines of credit from $500 to $4,500. APRs vary by state.
Read 525 Reviews
Offers personal loans from $600 to $100,000. Provides small business loans. Requires borrowers to have a credit score of 760 for best rates. Includes a 7-day “no worry guarantee” to return any loan amount. No prepayment penalty.
Next Day Personal Loan
Read 69 Reviews
Provides a lending marketplace. Minimum credit score varies by lender. Offers next-business-day funding. Offers personal loans and student loan refinancing options. APRs start at 5.99% and can go up to 35.99% or higher.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (833) 985-2116|
Read 283 Reviews
Peer-to-peer lending company that offers personal loans, auto refinancing and small business loans. Compare multiple offers. Personal loans up to $50,000. Small business loans up to $500,000. Auto refinancing up to $55,000.
|First Citizens Bank|
Read 90 Reviews
First Citizens Bank has been in business for over 100 years, offering customers a range of options from checking accounts, savings accounts, loans and more. Their services cover everything from everyday to long-term needs.
Personal Loan Pro
Offers personal loans from $1,000 to $50,000. APRs as low as 2.49%. Serves as a free matching tool to connect users to lending partners. Provides loan offers in less than two minutes.
Read 191 Reviews
Offers bad credit loans, no-credit-check loans and installment loans. Payday loans APRs up to 199%. Loan amounts range from $500 to $4,000. No minimum credit score required to apply. Same-day deposit available upon approval.
|Associated Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides $500 for personal loans, time deposit, shared secured and personal lines of credit and a minimum of $3,000 or $5,000 for shared secured loans. Offer terms of 24 to 48 months and APRs as low as 8% for personal loans.
|Credit Union of Atlanta||Read Author Review|
Provides home equity loans, signature loans and Visa credit cards. Offers unsecured loans up to $25,000 with 60-month term agreements and APRs as low as 6.5%. Insured by NCUA. Partners with MoneyPass, STAR and CO-OP.
|Delta Community Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Provides unsecured installment loans starting at $500 with terms of 12 to 60 months and APRs at 6%. Offers personal lines of credit up to $2,000 without collateral. Charges 10.75% to 17% APR. Referral program available.
|Georgia’s Own Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Specializes in loans for weddings, vacations and medical treatments. Offers loan amounts of $250 to $25,000. Gives terms of 12 to 48 months. Provides personal lines of credit with 10.5% APR. Online applications accepted.
|IBERIABANK||Read Author Review|
Offers unsecured lines of credit, secured certificate of deposit loans and certificate of deposit secured lines of credit. Lends amounts from $2,000 to $50,000. Online banking available. Member of FDIC.
|Pinnacle Credit Union||Read Author Review|
Specializes in secured loans, unsecured loans and lines of credit. Secured loans start at 3% APR. Lets clients access funds through internet banking and mobile app. Provides overdraft protection with a line of credit.
Personal loans in Atlanta range from $250 to $50,000, and borrowers can find interest rates starting at 3% through local credit unions. Lifestyle loans for vacations, weddings and home renovations are available, as well as personal lines of credit for medical expenses or unexpected emergencies.
Finding a personal loan in Atlanta
Using a personal loan in Atlanta may be the answer for situations where an emergency or significant expense requires extra funds. Loan companies offer a variety of options for borrowers, including secured loans, unsecured loans, fixed-rate loans, variable-rate loans, personal lines of credit and co-signed loans.
- Unsecured loans: An unsecured loan doesn’t require collateral and is best for people who are looking to keep their assets safe when borrowing money. These types of loans are helpful for emergencies like a hospital stay, a broken water heater or other purchases where the borrower pays back the loan as quickly as possible.
- Secured loans: A secured loan works for purchasing assets like a vehicle (auto loan) or home (mortgage loan). Secured loans require collateral, and the purchased property may be forfeited if the borrower defaults on the loan. Interest rates on secured loans are typically lower, and the borrowing limit is higher than an unsecured loan.
- Co-signer loans: Individuals with bad or no credit might have difficulty getting a loan, but their credit history doesn’t have to hold them back. Many loan companies offer co-signer loans, which allow another person to vouch for the applicant and assume the debt if the original borrower fails to pay. These loans could be used to pay living expenses for students attending large colleges or state universities like Georgia State, Emory University, Spelman College and Morehouse.
State regulation for loans in Atlanta, GA
In Atlanta, short-term loans with high interest rates are illegal. Companies need to be licensed and federally insured to comply with state regulations. For loans between $3,000 and $250,000, Atlanta does not put a cap on interest rates, but loans with more than 7% interest must have written agreements in place.
Picking an Atlanta personal loan company
When choosing a lender in Atlanta, it’s vital to do research before signing any loan contracts. To make the best decision, you should:
- Check online reviews
- Get recommendations from trusted friends or family members
- Research online databases like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Company size also plays a significant role in picking a lender. For instance, national companies generally offer mobile banking and apps to help consumers access funds on the go. These apps also make loan applications and account management easier. Local credit unions and banks might not offer these perks, which makes them an excellent option for less tech-savvy individuals. Company size also affects how lenders accept payment — whether it is through ACH debit, wire transfer, check or online bill pay.
After narrowing your search, study the bank or credit union’s loan terms, including yearly interest rates, hidden fees and repayment expectations. For instance, some lenders allow borrowers to repay their loans early, while others have an early repayment penalty. When selecting a company, it’s best to review terms with an experienced financial or legal specialist to ensure everything is crystal clear.
Atlanta personal loan FAQ
- Can I get a loan with a credit union in Atlanta?
- Yes, Georgia credit unions offer personal loans. Some credit unions provide better loan terms and interest rates than banks or other lenders.
- What’s the best online loan company?
- Choosing an online lender in Atlanta is a matter or research and personal preference. The best online loan companies offer low interest rates and equal monthly payments that are within your budget. Our list includes 12 of the best options for Atlanta-area locals.
- What credit score do you need for a personal loan in Atlanta?
- Most lenders in Atlanta prefer borrowers to have credit scores higher than 580 to qualify for a personal loan, but there are options for those with bad credit.
- What is a good interest rate on a personal loan in Atlanta?
- Interest rates in Atlanta vary significantly. The best interest rates on our list start as low as 3% and 3.5%.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Atlanta personal loan company information
Pinnacle Credit Union offers lines of credit, secured loans and unsecured loans. Its lines of credit come without an annual fee and don’t require collateral. Secured loans through Pinnacle Credit offer easy online access and have a low APR of 3%. As part of the CO-OP Shared Branching Network, borrowers also get access to 5,000 ATMs and branches at locations like Publix, Delta Community Credit Union and Costco.
- Address: 536 North Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Phone: (404) 888-1648
- Hours: M - Th: 9am - 5pm; F: 9am - 6pm
- Website: pinnaclecu.org
Founded in 1928, Credit Union of Atlanta is certified as a community development financial institution (CDFI). As a CDFI, Credit Union of Atlanta is dedicated to helping Atlanta residents build better financial habits. Its website includes free financial resources, including guides on how to manage debt and prevent identity theft. The credit union offers home equity loans, signature loans and Visa credit cards. Only members can apply for a loan, and there is a $25 processing fee for applications.
- Address: 670 Metropolitan Parkway SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Phone: (404) 658-6465
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 4pm; F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: cuatlanta.org
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is a member-owned, full-service nonprofit that has served Midtown Atlanta for 85 years. Borrowers can get a lifestyle loan to cover weddings, vacations, adoption, fertility treatments, medical treatments and more. The credit union offers loans ranging from $250 to $25,000 with 12- to 48-month terms. Georgia’s Own Credit Union also offers personal lines of credit starting at 10.5% APR and CASH N.O.W advances of $200 to $500 with a 17.99% APR and 90- to120-day repayment period.
- Address: 675 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Phone: (800) 533-2062
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4pm
- Website: georgiasown.org
Started in 1887, IBERIABANK has garnered the respect of many banking leaders. U.S. citizens, Georgia residents and applicants without a co-signer or co-applicant can apply online for a personal loan or line of credit with IBERIABANK. These options include unsecured loans, unsecured lines of credit, CD-secured loans and CD-secured lines of credit. Unsecured lines of credit range $2,000 to $5,000, and CD-secured loans and CD-secured lines of credit require an IBERIABANK certificate of deposit.
- Address: 3625 Cumberland Blvd. SE, Bldg. 2, Atlanta, GA 30339
- Phone: (678) 631-1240
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: iberiabank.com
Delta Community Credit Union was started by eight Delta Airline employees and has grown into a local not-for-profit cooperative. DCCU's unsecured installment loans start at $500 and have APRs as low as 6% and terms from 12 to 60 months. Members can apply online, by phone or by visiting a local branch. Personal lines of credit up to $20,000 are also available and include overdraft protection with a personal checking account.
- Address: 1025 Virginia Ave., Atlanta, GA 30354
- Phone: (800) 544-3328
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 4:30pm
- Website: deltacommunitycu.com
Associated Credit Union’s members (and non-members) can apply online for personal loans, lines of credit, shared secured loans and time deposit loans. Loans start at $500, with interest rates starting at 3.5% for shared secured loans and 8% for personal loans. Associated Credit Union accepts payment from one of their accounts, a Visa credit card or bill pay/transfer from another financial institute.
- Address: 2250 N. Druid Hills Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- Phone: (404) 321-4100
- Hours: M, T, Th, F: 8am - 4pm; W: 9am - 4pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: cuonline.org
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.