Peoples First Financial

San Diego, CA

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was contacted in September of '08 in my mail stating they could help me re-modify my mortgage loan, promising me the payments would be lower. After faxing all my documents that were sent to me by email, they then told me there is a charge of $2500. So they took two payments out of my bank account, one in the amount of $1295 and one of $1225 and so the process was supposed to begin. After months and months of faxing paperwork, we received an act 91. They were foreclosing on our home. After unsuccessfully emailing and calling Abdul **, we got no response. We then called our mortgage company, who said they had little documentation from Abdul. I called one day and the phone was disconnected. So we started working with Wells Fargo to re-modify our loan. We ended up out of $2500 and a higher mortgage payment. I hope someday these people have to pay for what they have done to everyone

I contacted this company in November of 2008 and paid them 3500 dollars to help me with a modification. After dealing with Martin ****, he left then I worked with Abdul ****. After almost a year and half of faxing paperwork, three times a week, it came the time that all phones were disconnected and never heard from them again. I am out with 3500 dollars and my mortgage payment is higher than before the modification.

I hired this company to negotiate a loan modification for me when I got behind in my mortgage payments. They charged me $2500 up front and assured me they would get the principal reduced on the loan and lower the monthly payment. After months of no return calls or emails and after talking directly with my lender, they never did a thing! I am still currently trying to negotiate with my lender myself and my $2500 is wasted. All phone numbers are now either disconnected or go to a completely different company.

In July 2008 I contacted Peoples First Financial so I could get information as to the loan modification process. I was advised by Rudy that since I was up to date on my payments that I would not be able to obtain a loan modification. As he put it, my loan was not falling behind so Countrywide, which is now Bank of America were not going to work out a deal with me due to me not being behind on my payments. After a long conversation with Rudy, I decided to take his advice and not pay my mortgage for a few months and to hire People's first financial to take care of the loan modification. On Aug. 2008 I paid them $2,495.00. I must have talked to at least 12 different people and not one of them had the same information on my file. January 2009, Countrywide was threatning foreclosure proceedings. I called everyday and everyday I faxed over the same paperwork I know they had or maybe they lost. I struggled not to curse out everyone I talked to in hopes of keeping my home and sanity. Then in April 09 President Obama's plan of Making Homes Affordable Plan was offered. I finally came into contact with Brandon. He advised me that I was already working with his company under a loan modification and I could get a better offer with them, so I respectfully declined the plan offered by my mortgage company.

In May 09 Countrywide sent me a modification based upon the information provided by Peoples First Financial and June comes around and I come to find out that Countrywide, now Bank of America assumed ownership, has rejected my loan modification set up by People's First Financial due to incorrect information! I was devestated. I paid them $2,495.00 for what!!?? I tried to contact anyone from Peoples First Financial and their phone number was disconnected. I tried to email Rudy and Brandon but my messages came back as "undeliverable email addresses". I was stuck. I called Bank of America and I stayed on the phone with them for several hours. The representative went through my whole file and all the notes in my file. After Bank of America saw what had happened, they agreed to work out a arrangement with me. Thanks to Bank of America, they re-offered me the Making Homes Affordable Plan and I gladly accepted. I didn't need People's First Financial to accomplish that. Even the representative that helped me was amazed at how People's First Financial screwed me up. I want my money back and if I had the money for an attorney I would file a formal complaint against them. I feel betrayed and they did not fufill their end of the bargain. I should be refunded the monies I paid. Its a wonder how they could live with themselves after they have damaged so many peoples lives, including mine.

we contracted Peoples First Financial on 9/16/08 to do a Loan Modification on the loan with Countrywide for our house in Tucson.... which we closed on in December of '06.... Bill Andrews was the contact with PFF and thru numerious discussions with him we filed all of the necessary forms and made the necessary payment of $3500 for them to work with Countrywide. Our note on a $180,000 loan was 12.5% ARM for a 40 year term. This equated to a monthly note of roughly $2200/month with taxes and insurance escrowed. At this time we were one month behind ... Mr. Andrews advised that we stop paying the note to Countrywide at this point and let PFF take it from there....the first correspondence from Countrywide was a notice that we had retained PFF to negotiate the loan modification for the house.......

within three months we were forclosed on the house and the auction was set for December 6 of 2008... Andrew got this out aside by Countrywide while the note was being modified.

All of the contact that we had with Countrywide was from their 'HOPE' Division wanting us to sign basically the same note at 12.5% and adding any additional interest to the backside of the principal and make larger payments.

Bill Andrews left the firm (or was fired) on or about March of '09 and we were left to deal with Abdul McCoullough at that point... around the same time Countrywide was acquired by Bank of America.

Although our contact with Abdul was sparse he said that the deal was about done and that we should hear from B of A shortly... he also had us do new financials saying that the banks has lost all of this material... i though that this was odd at that moment, but did what he requested.... later he got rather upset with me saying that I had filled out the forms wrong and that he was going to redo them for us. My relationship with Mr. McCoullough was frosty at best... especially after he said to me that he never checked his phone messages and that he barely checked his e-mail....

since then i have faxed all correspondence to him with copies backed up by e-mail to him as well. A few weeks ago we received a call from the PR department of PFF asking us, that since 'our case was about to be wrapped up' if we would recommend PFF to any of our friends. I thought that this was more than a little odd since we had heard nothing from either Mr. McCoulough, or any represenative for the bank regarding this matter.

My last fax to him was on Sept 4 2009 when we received another form from B of A wanting to agree to the original terms of the loan and raising the payment to $2,499.00 per month.... they consider this a loan modification... while the paperwork clearly states from the HOPE Division of B of A... that this is from a debt collector..... not from any modification source at all.

What happens now i don't know... i've called all of the phone numbers that were listed, tried unsuccessfully to send a fax and numerious e-mails... all are either dead or disconnected ... and here we sit out $3500.00, the loan has increased to over $200,000 with all of the interest and penalities, and no relief in sight.....

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Peoples First Financial?

I was facing foreclosure on my house. I contacted Denise on 11/2008 for help. She was helping me and then I never heard from her again. I then received a letter in the mail to contact Abdul. I never received any help from him either. All we do is play email/phone tag. I paid a total of 2495.00 for their help and never received any. I ended up taking money from my 401K plan to save my house.

All I want is my refund of the money that I gave them for help that they never did. They took three transactions from my checking account as follows: 1295.00 on 12/04/08, 600.00 on 01/04/09 and 600.00 on 03/11/09. I have left many messages for Abdul and sent numerous emails but have not received a response from him in a while. I did talk to him one time and he was suppose to contact his refund department and get back to me. I have yet to hear from him. If he will not help me then I would like to talk to someone else. If you could help me it would be great.

I just about lost my house totally because of them. I signed a contract for them to help me and I never received any help. I would like to have my 2495.00 back that I gave to them for a service that was not provided. I could really use the money for bills that I now have.

i have 2 houses and the mortgages went up. i went on the net researching goverment programs and found them. i filled out a little thing and within minutes they called me back. e. ulketkin was the person he promissed me a wonderful answer too my prayers and it was a blessing! but for my 2 houses i had to give them $5000.00 and within 3 mounths the proublem would be fixed. it is now 10 mounths later. i and my wife had 800 credit scores.

they are destroyed im now about too loose everything i ever worked for. havent talked too them in mounths since i asked for my money back guarintie. they were very unprafesional and aklways would loose things aswell as lie. they did not talk like busines people at all and they would always pass me off to someone else with the original person unreachable. that happened about 10 times.

they destroyed our lives. i want every one to band together and take them down aswell asto sue for compinsation and moneyback. ive reported them too the FBI and a vfew other people. they are operating out of code and unlicened. thankyou. somethings gatta be done its not right too take advantage of people at bottem and their livlyhood. they know that people will loose everything and not have the resources too fight back. but im gana

we are out $5000.00 and our homes are being foreclosed and we will be on the street. also i have stage 3 melenoma cancer and the stress has definatly affected my health as well as my marrige

I applied for a loan modification, qualified for it, paid 2500.00 got approved. I told them that I had gotten a forclosure letter from a lawyer, i faxed it to them they told me that i didn't have to worry about it. I was told not to make my payments and not to talk about them doing my loan modification to my loan company. My home got forclosed on december 30, 2008, they turned my paperwork in on January 2, 2009.

Needless to say I have lost my home. they have not refunded any of my monies. I am now renting. My son will be home from the military and has no home to go to. What can you do to help me? I want to have that company pay me for losing my home. They promised. I am a single, black female with a decent income. This should not have happened. Thank you. Wendy Lee

i am renting a townhouse, i may lose my job due to this, I feel so betrayed because I trusted them.

This company took 2500.00 from us, guaranteed they would stop foreclosure and reduce our payments and decrease what we owed. They took all our money up front and told us we had to send another 13,200.00 to get it out of foreclosure. Well our house is in foreclosure again and we have no idea where our money went, any of it. This company will not return a call to us nor will they help us in any way.

Consequence: 15,700.00 plus we are in foreclosure again and having to hire someone else to help us find out where our money went. And trying to get our money back from People First. We could be on the street in the next two months.

I got behind on a loan due to job lost. I Would try to make a payment to keep from getting futher behind but my payments were refused because it wasn't what the manager wanted. Mr. D. started calling other people to contact me and telling them that he was taking me to court. He would come out to my home and bang on the door then get in his truck and back up to my door and bang some more. When i spoke to him on the phone he would be very mean to me. He filed court papers on me then turn around and harrass me before the court date. I told D. that i would not be intimated by him because i was doing the best i could to repay the loan.

D. sent a letter to me stating that if i wanted to keep my items i put up for the loan he would buy a car that i have in my yard. I stated that i want to catch my payments up with money but he won't accpet the money. he call me about 5 times daily. my payments are getting futher behind and im about to lose my belongings because the mangager refuse to work with me with trying to bring my account current. Im being stressed out daily for no reason at all. Im affraid of Mr. C. because of how he act in my presence.

Ro l. called me back in Feb 2008 claiming to be the answer to my problem. He claimed that he could clean up my credit and get me a loan modification with my lender or help me to get another lender by buying HomEq Servicing out so I could keep my home. He claimed that all I would be paying is 1,000 to 1,200 a month. All he did was take my money, cause me to loose my home because he knew a forebearance was not a good option.

As a result, my bank account is overdrawn 1,299.38 which includes overdraft and over the limit fees. Therefore, I have suffered monetary loss and I have lost my house because Ro's guarantee was not worth anything. Talk is cheap. He promised to get me a loan modification for 1,000 or 1,200 for 30 years and he failed to do so. Instead he got me a forebearance that he knew I could not afford. He and his supervisors (Trevor) acknowledged that they knew I could not afford it however they took $800 from my account when they were never authorized to and now my bank wants me to pay the fees.

Peoples First Financial Company Profile