2.49/5
Based on 103 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Pacific Union Financial

Pacific Union Financial is a new kind of mortgage company. One that puts you first. They want to take the headache out of securing a loan and put the fun back into purchasing a home.

Regardless of your financial state, Pacific Union is focused on finding the loan to meet your needs so you can focus on finding your next home.

Pacific Union loves what they do, and are excited to be part of your home purchasing journey.

Source: Mortgage Executive Magazine, Spring 2017
    Source: FHA Snapshot Data, Jan 2017
    Source: Inside Mortgage Finance, Top Conv-Conforming and FHA/VA Producers, Dec 2016
    Source: Top Mortgage Lenders, Dec 2016
    Read More Read More
    Last updated: April 6, 2018

122 Pacific Union Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 6, 2018

Refinance - This is the most unprofessional business I have ever worked with. I was working with Chase and these people said they could beat Chase's rate so went with them. I am 3 months into this deal. Had my house appraised and still haven't progressed forward. In the beginning they're so helpful and motivated and then you try to get ahold of them and can't. They lose documents and the lie. I'm telling you from experience run from this company. They will string you along. There are too many companies out there to choose from. Not sure this company really exist. Worst worst company ever.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have started my loan process in Chicago branch and I have amazing support and communication with processing lender. In the middle of that process they decide to close complete branch without ever giving us a notice about that and contact information who is taking over my case. After that everything is downhill. Me and my realtor were unable to get in contact with anyone there for 2 week. We were in dark, finally we realized that they closed branch and get hold of people who took over my case but agony doesn't stop here. Papers that we already collected are now missing and we need to do complete or some process all over again.

I need to push closing date 3 times now and today is last day before closing date and I still do not have any update on where my application is at or do I have clear to close signal. To make thing worse, we can't get hold of **, Nadine (who is processing my loan) like at either through email or phone. She went silence and ignoring any way of communication. And at this point this is really RIDICULOUS and unacceptable. And I forgot to mention I started this process month and half ago and still do not have clear to close. They can't even get hold of her internally, I have reach out to another branch but she is not responding either. I would strongly recommend to avoid any business with them, you will save yourself so much headache.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 3, 2018

PUF has been the worst experience of my life. They paid my taxes twice which put my escrow account in the negative. They then tacked on $499 to my mortgage payment. I got the uncashed checks from my tax collector and forwarded them to PUF, who blamed their 3rd Party CoreLogic, who disburses payments to tax collectors. It took CoreLogic a month to return my money to PUF. The checks were dated in December and I just got the money returned to my escrow account on April 2. I can’t wait to see how many inflated mortgage payments I have to make before they do an escrow analysis on my account. They didn’t and still don’t care that I can’t feed my family because THEY made a mistake, paid my taxes 2x, and tacked $500 to my mortgage!

Beware people... They will hand over your escrow money to whoever they want and YOU will have to fight to get it back! From the end of November until today I have called PUF 46 times emailed them 27 times and all I got was “your account status has been elevated to upper management”. Funny, after all my calls, I think I spoke to everyone in upper management and they have done nothing for me either. I have every phone call documented and every email saved and I recently obtained an attorney. They took money out of my escrow, paid money out that wasn’t due and then jacked up my mortgage payment for their profit.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am a new homeowner with a co-buyer on the mortgage on July 31, 2017. The loan has been sold by Open Mortgage to CBC Mortgage Agency to now my servicer Pacific Union Financial, LLC. My co-owner has filed chapter 7 in November 2017. I have spoken to cust. service since the bankruptcy was filed in November 2017. in making sure to send me statements, but when I noticed I had not received my November 2017 mortgage stmt and none thereafter, this includes December, January, February and March 2018 stmts. I called Pacific Union Financial every month pleading with them to send the financial information. I have advised them I'm not included on the bankruptcy, and intend to continue residing in the home. PUF advised me they will not be sending me any account information. I expressed my concerns due to the information was crucial for me to keep track of this loan.

I have been cut off of all access to the mortgage information including them blocking my online account access. I realize that they were unable to send statements because of the co-buyers circumstance, and they advised me that as soon as the case was closed I would be able to receive my statements again. The case finalized and closed in February 2018. I called PUF every month worried about the statements again due to feeling I'm not able to keep up with the mortgage information on what is being used for Escrow, Interest, and Insurance. I was advised in January, and February 2018 that I will never receive anything on this acct. ever again. I then asked why I wasn't able to access my online account. I was advised I would never be able to have access to my information on the acct. and my account access was stopped. I tried to access it and for sure I don't have any access.

I spoke again to customer service in February 2018, and stated I really was uncomfortable with not being able to see the status or balances of where my payments are posted, and balances of my escrow account. The customer service representative became rude and then stated there was nothing they could do. I contacted the attorney for my co-buyer who stated they would send a letter to PUF. On February 28, 2018 asking them to please send mortgage information to the owner of the home (myself).

The attorney sent this letter to CEO Evan Stone, and Chief Legal Officer, Ron **, advising of my concerns and the fair financial document laws. He advised PUF I am not part of my co-owners bankruptcy and will still be fully responsible for the home and reside in the home. March has come and gone and still no response from the PUF and no mortgage stmts. I also noticed my credit report has not been updated since 12/01/2017. If you are wanting to do business with Pacific Union Financial you better do more research. I was sold to them so really didn't know who they were or how they operated.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have made all my mortgage payments on time. Got a little behind in December because of the Holidays which is my fault and sent in my payment later in the month. I knew I was late and was willing to pay the late fee. I mailed my payment Dec. 26 but they didn't cash/clear the check until 1/4 which made my payment 30 days late and they didn't hesitate to contact the credit bureau and post my late payment. My payment would have been on cashed on time if it wasn't for the holiday weekend and the post office being closed for New Year's.

I contact customer service just to get the runaround and then finally put a dispute in and I was told I would be contacted and notified of the outcome. NEVER HAPPEN. Over a month later a service rep tells me that the report was correct and that it would not be removed. I said can I explain my situation to anyone and she said NO! DO NOT USE PUF. Shop around with other mortgage companies you will be happy you did so. This is the only issue I have ever had with a payment and now it is on my Credit report for a minimum of 3 years and can't refinance because of the late payment. A little understanding and help would have been greatly appreciated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Union Financial?

Original review: March 6, 2018

On March 6, 2018, I contacted Pacific Union Financial to make my monthly mortgage payment through their automated phone payment processing system as I do every month. During this call I learned that they made a change to their processing fees and effective March 1, PUF would start assessing a $10 processing fee for an automated phone payment. I was very taken back by the news, since initially there was a $0 charge. What made me even more upset, was that I was never made aware of this change prior to calling in to make my payment. Therefore, I asked to speak to a representative to express my dissatisfaction and in hopes of obtaining a one-time courtesy fee waiver for the inconvenience.

The representative that took my call lacked any empathy for the situation. First he tried to debate with me that I always paid a processing fee until he realized that I did not reside in a state that normally had this fee. He did not apologize for his mistake. Secondly, he stated that I was notified of the change in writing and when I asked when, he placed me on hold to only come back to the line and stated he could not locate any notification and would have to ask a supervisor to review the notifications sent out to me.

He also states that the automated payment system provided this information during the month of February. However, this information was not on the automated system when I called in February. When I asked him, do you see how it would be wrong to ask someone to pay a processing fee for a service that was normally not assessed a fee and not making the consumer aware of the fee prior, he proceeded in intentionally placing the blame on me. He stated that if I made my payment by the first of the month, when the payment was due and I would still have the option of going online for a free payment. Since you are not assessed a fee when making a payment online prior to the 5th of the month.

However, by the time I called the automated system on the 6th we were already past that date. I stated to the representative that I have until the 15th to make a payment and would have called prior if I were aware of the change. Well according to the representative you can make a payment by the 15th of the month but this is just a "courtesy" provided by the company. So my question is if you are extending a courtesy to your customer, why are you in turn penalizing the customer with a processing fee for choosing to make a payment for a service past the 5th of the month.

When the representative was unwilling to assist with my concern, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor (ID **) my situation. She continues to apologize for the inconvenience and states that the company is unable to provide a fee waiver despite recognizing the fact that I was never notified. I went on to ask if this was a matter of the company not being able to waive the fee or were they not willing to waive the fee. She responds that the company had a meeting prior to the fee change and decided that they would not waive the fee for anyone. Therefore, in turn this is an issue of unwillingness at the expense of the customer.

This is horrible customer service, your company values the assessment of fees over that of your customer. Granted it's just $5 or $10. However, $5 turns to $60 and $10 turns to $120. But this was not my initial issue. My issue was that I was never notified of the change prior and as a courtesy to your customer in providing excellent customer service and this should have been an easy fix. But your company chose to save $5 or $10 over providing customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 5, 2018

In Aug of 2017 my insurance renewal was due. PUF sent the wrong payment amount from my escrow account to the wrong provider. Mind you, we have had the same insurance provider since we opened our account with PUF. Once the error was realized (my insurance called me asking where my payment was) I three way called with PUF and they assured me that they would send the correct payment amount to the correct provider AND cancel the first check they sent. Now fast forward to January when an escrow analysis is completed and I get a mortgage bill almost $250 more than normal. I immediately knew PUF did not complete the cancellation of the first payment and now my escrow account is showing negative.

To make a long story short, I made 8 phone calls, spoke to 6 CSR's, 2 different departments, 2 different insurance companies and 1 manager over a 2 month period to get this issue resolve. I overpaid on my account 2 months in a row (which I am told would go to the principal). Although the issue has now been resolved, I do not trust PUF at all. We now plan to refinance this summer just so we can work with a different company. I will tell everyone I know about their horrible service and will go out of my way to report negatively on any site possible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I came into financial trouble three year ago and missed three mortgage payments. I began the process of a loan modification. I submitted the required paperwork TWICE and was told both time that an item or page was missing. When on the phone with their Customer Service, I was yelled at, humiliated, and scolded. I felt like a miscreant. Finally, when I couldn't take it anymore, I called a law firm specializing in mortgages, The Ark Law Group in Bellevue. They put me on a sliding fee schedule so it was somewhat affordable.

When next speaking to a rep from PUF, I informed them that I had procured legal representation. The agent went through the roof. "You spent money on a lawyer instead of paying your mortgage?" He bellowed. I explained that the misery they had put me through for two years was all I could take and now someone else was going to do the talking for me.

After a few months, the loan mod went through. I was given a month of grace and then began making payments again. I started receiving monthly statements that included the mortgage payment agreed upon and another $500 in fees so it ended up being the original mortgage payment, not the modified payment. They won't take my ex-wife's name off the contract even though I submitted a Quit Claim Deed which they accepted. They stated since she was on the original contract, her name had to stay. This is the worst experience ever regarding any financial institution. Not only are they incompetent, I believe they are dishonest. Why treat people like that?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

First of all I have to say this company is truly incompetent. They sent my personal information out to a random person and sent me someone else's. When I called to notify them they seemed unconcerned and told me to shred the papers I had received. No apologies. When I tried to refinance in November the lady said she would call me back, when a week had passed I called her and was informed that she had been sick and there was a list she was going through and she would call when it was my turn. Needless to say, my credit was run and I didn't receive a callback. At the end of December a gentleman called and apologized for the inconvenience, said she no longer worked there and he would take care of everything. Ran my credit again, got all my information again and then I am informed they can't do my refinance. If the company has certain regulations the loan officer should know before wasting people's time repeatedly.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

BEWARE of Pacific Union Financial. I want everyone to know how disappointed I am with Pacific Union Financial. I am a new homeowner. My husband and I closed on our new home on 1/5/18. I was sent a billing statement from PUF dated 1/15/18 informing me that the first mortgage payment would be March 1, 2018. I called when I received the billing statement as my husband and I thought we had to pay on February 1st. We were assured by the customer service rep that our call was recorded and that my first payment date would be March 1, 2018. On February 22nd I logged into my account to set up automatic payment for my 1st payment that should have been for March 1st, and my account had been updated as of 2/21/18 with an updated missed payment date of 2/1/2018.

I then immediately called PUF to enquire why I was not notified of the change. I also informed them that I was assured that my 1st payment would be due on 3/1/18. I was then told that although it was not my error I would have to come up with the funds for February and for March or I would be reported to the credit bureau. I spoke to an escalation representative who informed me that a manager would call me to discuss how I can make payments for March and that I would definitely have to pay the February payment by 2/28 or be reported. This was unacceptable to me as I informed the Rep that I am not a rich person. I have a family of four, bills and, my husband and I have budgeted to be sure to have the mortgage for March and maintain all of our bills.

All I wanted was for them to add an additional month to our 30 year plan since it was their fault. But they prefer to have families struggle than to accept their error. This is horrible business as they do not care about the person that has to pay the mortgage. They only care about their company. Do not use this mortgage company as they do not care about the customer. BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We live in Louisiana. Had quite a few state sisters two major floods, hurricanes and the snow storm on top of that. My husband's job placed him in a hotel which only gives him a 25.00 a day deferential for food and is not covering missing work with the snow and icy roads. Sent Pacific Union a check for September. Payment was returned by mail in late October not even in foreclosure yet. Tried loss mitigation too many times. Mailed priority. Mailed at post office, faxed and they still say tax topic 4506 T Form was not checked off in all fields.

Stayed on the phone with reply and faxed. Talked for over 40 minutes. Waited for faxes to go through and he guided me over phone with everything needed and double checked papers and said it'd be 14 days they'll have a decision but looked good. Only to receive another letter stating Parker's were not turned in again and needed the tax forms. I told reply I faxed over the phone and gave the reps name that I spoke with and have all my copies and my fax confirmation plus was all mailed. Also they always have an excuse to not help. I even told them we'll pay with taxes refunds. No help at all. No lien deed or temporary mortgage payment extension. Nothing.

Now try calling day before foreclosure not told anything. Mailed a letter to me dated the day after I called stating in foreclosure now but took over 6 days in mail from date on letter. Tried to pay but can't because they don't know my foreclosure fees yet from lawyer. Told me wait two weeks. been over 3 weeks. Called, told the same thing yesterday. They're waiting on foreclosure fees to come in. It'll be another couple weeks. This company is horrible and because it's a USDA loan they're guaranteed their money from the state so they will get their money. But I know by law we have rights as homeowners and nothing's being done to help on their end. Time for a realy good lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Currently my mortgage situation is not great, I've a bunch of unexpected and extremely hard family deaths to deal with in the past two years, which has caused some financial issues with my current mortgage company. I'm not looking for any sort of a handout, I'm working extremely hard to make do by any means. I recently told that the company wouldn't accept but a minimum of 2 payments (by the 31st of the month) or I would go into foreclosure. Well I mailed a overnight package with two payments that arrived at their designated mail to spot, using the mortgage coupon as my guide. The package arrive at their P.O Box on the 31st @ 9:30 am.

I then contacted the customer service representative on the 1st the to relay this information, and was told that although the payment was in their P.O Box it was not posted, so I was technically in foreclosure. My thought process is this. "You are in possession of the payment by the date required, and you tell me that it's not going to work." I'm confused. Someone please explain...

Pacific Union Financial response

Thank you for your message. We regret that this was not your experience. Please provide us with your property address via email to CustomerRelations@loanpacific.com. Once we’re able to identify your account, we’ll conduct a thorough investigation of your concerns and provide a written response directly to the mailing address that we have on file for your account. To protect your personal information, we will not provide details regarding your mortgage loan account via social media.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The WORST customer service... sends letters and then says they didn't. Going through a rough few years with me getting sick had to get a modification. First letter stated about $391 more than the one we received a month later... Made that payment and then was told they didn't send it. Their letterhead came in their envelope but they didn't send it and won't honor it and on top of that I was treated like crap. Then told that my husband would have to call... that I was only a contact person. My husband is NOT happy. We would NEVER use them again and definitely would NEVER recommend them to ANYONE! Even my worst enemy is too good for the way they treat their customers! One star is too much!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have several issues with this company. Customer service reps and supervisors are rude and most of the time are ignorant of situations... It took several phone calls from me to try and get them to adjust my mortgage payment due to the fact my taxes were lowered. And I received a cancellation notice from my house insurance because they sent out a check Dec 8 for a bill due Dec 14.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We are in the process of selling our home and buyer has used this company for their financial needs. We were supposed to close on 12/29/17 and are still waiting to close. The processor, Lianne, has not been forthcoming with the documents needed to close on our home. Then when she did send paperwork it was a lot of nonessential and nonrelevant paperwork that has nothing to do with our closing or the buyer. Meaning it was someone else's paperwork.

We have a home we are purchasing that we will lose due to Lianne not sending proper information in a timely fashion needed for the closing and to make everything worse she does not return calls. She has been contacted by realtor and title co by phone and email with no response from her. There has been a lot of unneed stress due to the lack of caring and incompetence that has gone on with this company. In fact we would not recommend anyone that wants a smooth and timely transaction to use this co. The process of buying and selling a home should be a happy experience, instead it has been a complete nightmare. Be forewarned that you will not have a smooth transaction if buyer or you are using Pacific Union Financial.

Pacific Union Financial response

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We are investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We bought a house 2 years ago as of last May. Recently we've had a bunch of issues come up and those at Pacific Union have been nothing short of incompetent. We switched insurance companies, yet they continued to pay the old one. This resulted in the old insurance company sending us a check for the deficit. It was about the amount of a couple of our debts with other companies, so we called in to see if we could just keep the check and pay it back when our taxes came in. The rep said that was fine and told us that our payments would not go up.

Two months later, they increase by 150 a month. Whatever, we can afford it, so we just pay it. Then my wife loses her job. We file for the readjustment (which they all call by different names when we call in) 3 times. Every time, we are missing paperwork. They couldn't tell us what it was, because every time we called to check, it was already closed. The first time we applied, we mentioned that we could pay off after December and the rep asked if we would even have a house in December. I've had to get rude with the collections department because they try to outright refuse to transfer me until I set up a pay date. We've given up on the readjustment. We're just going to put all of our taxes towards it and hope they leave us alone. When we get our credit back up, we will be refinancing with a new company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Primary Mortgage Loan - Pick another company!!! Horrible!! We are on the phone with them all the time trying to iron out mistakes they have made!! They are either extremely incompetent or dishonest, or both!! Our advice, Stay away!!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My family and I were impacted by Irma and we got behind on our payments and decided to do the forbearance agreement. 3 payments were moved to February 1. I would still try to keep current and make payments each month. They actually charged me a $5 service fee for paying after the 5th. Even though the forbearance agreement shouldn’t assess any late or service fees. I kept explaining this to the girl that my payment wasn’t late it was early in accordance with the forbearance agreement but she wouldn’t budge. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot of money but it’s the principal that I shouldn’t have been charged. The whole point of doing this was because we were struggling. I couldn’t make the payment online so I had to call. I am very unhappy with them.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Pacific Union customer service reps are awful. They are not helpful and don't work to assist you when you have an issue. I had fraud on my main checking account and needed to change the draft account with them - they made the process so difficult and wouldn't cancel the draft payment after I emailed and completed an online form because "I did not call them". The issue happened at 2am - they aren't even open. When attempting to reach a supervisor (Willy) the experience got worse - he was rude and unhelpful and told me he was the highest person I could speak to there. Doubtful. I would not recommend them for your mortgage needs - go somewhere where you will be appreciated and valued as a customer.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Due to the hurricane, I got behind on my mortgage. When I called I was told they were willing to help. I managed during this holiday season to save ALL PAST due and become current. But they want to charge me a $10.00 processing FEE to take my payment over the phone. At this HOLIDAY Season, $10.00 may not be much for most people but for me it is. That is why our country is in the shape it is today. NO COMPASSION FOR THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE! Pacific Union Financial, hope you have a great holiday season, because I sure won't.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Pacific Union sold my loan to another lender. They did not tell me about it, instead I got a flyer from the other lender welcoming me to them. Pacific Union never sent me anything. I contacted them and wanted to know what was going on because I never missed a payment. I want to say Thank You Pacific Union for selling my loan because the other Mortgage Lender lowered my interest, something PUF could have done but never offered. Stay away from them as much as you can!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Just like other similar and recent postings regarding loan modification, we are having a difficult time finishing the process we started in October. We are always getting the runaround on documents allegedly not received or continuing to ask for more bank statements - all of this happening with a different person every time we call. We have turned in and signed every single document they have asked, sometimes multiple times, but it just goes round and round. It is the holidays and I do not know how much longer our family, which includes 4 young boys will have our home. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I paid my FHA loans LTV below the required amount in November, the loan was also over 5 years old. All payments were on time. I requested the MIP be removed. In December they took out an MIP payment which was for November as it's paid in arrears. They also took out a second MIP payment for December even though there should have been no payment required then they calculated an escrow shortage since they took the un-required payment. They are refusing to fix this error.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We have been dealing with this company for 5 years. In 2015 my husband's job was dissolved so we contacted Pacific Union to see about getting a modification which they sent the paperwork to us. After filling out the forms and sending them in they continually asked for the same documents over and over. We were not able to speak with our representative even after leaving multiple messages, no call back. They say that we did not get paperwork to their office in time so they continually had to reopen our case, this is not true. I have the signed documents from the post office stating when they received them and it was within the time they allowed. They then put us off until they could foreclose on us even though we still had not spoken with our representative that was assigned to us.

After hiring an attorney and fighting them for over a year and a half we finally received the modification. We made the payments as planned and after the 3 months still didn't receive the modification documents to make it official until 6 months after the trial period was over. We signed the documents for what we were told were the fees and such to catch us up and go from there. We decided to sell our house this year and called for the payoff which we received, they sent this out 3 times to us all with the same amount. Two days before closing we are notified by the closing attorney we owe an extra 70,000 on top of the payoff.

The third payoff statement that was sent to us on the 20th of November was also sent out to the closing attorney with one difference. We received the payoff amount that we had been told all this time but the attorney received the amount plus the 70,000 more. We now have spoken with Pacific Union and they state that HUD gave us this loan and they have nothing to do with it. Well HUD and FHA know nothing about this and we have buyers that want to sue us. Pacific Union said they would look into this but now when we call they take a message and say someone will call us back but get nothing. It's pretty bad when HUD says this loan company sounds like it's having shady dealings and we should get an attorney.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I received a call today from Pacific Union about my payment that has not been paid. Approximately a week ago I called and explained why the payment was not made and when the payment was going to be made. When I said hello the lady on the other End had absolutely no manners at all, she had an attitude from the beginning of the conversation. I asked her if she had read the notes in the system about when my payment would be made and she continued to ignore me and kept telling me that I had to make my payment.

We went back-and-forth for a little while and her attitude continued to get worse and so I raised my voice and continued asking her the same question. She was very rude and obnoxious there is no reason to treat people the way she treated me. Especially somebody who was supposed to be a professional. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service at Pacific Union. Pacific Union needs to monitor their customer service much better. Your customer service representatives are the face of your company and right now I don’t like your company and I will most likely find a new mortgage company at my first opportunity.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

This has to be one of the most dysfunctional companies I have ever had to work with. My family and I were impacted by hurricane Irma, we requested to use the forbearance program that we would supposedly not be counted as a late payment for 3 months, though we would still pay all 3 months in that period of time. It went well for 12hrs, then the harassment started! The very next day, we started to receive calls, "this is an attempt to collect a debt". After I explained that we were on the forbearance program, the guy stated that the person who had been helping me did not take notes. I spoke to a supervisor, who confirmed my account had been updated and not to worry.

Less than a week later, I get another call, again "this is an attempt to collect a debt". This time I asked the lady if they updated the notes in the system, she began to yell at me. Because of my question asking if they updated their notes, she told me I needed to lose my attitude and she continued to say I needed to pay, speaking so loud that both my son and my wife dropped their jaws because they could hear what she was saying from 10 feet away. I was so offended, I again requested a supervisor who said he was going to go back and listen to the call and address it. He again confirmed that I was on the program and assured me this would not happen again.

This next time, I was actually calling them to make a payment and I was transferred to the... you know "this is an attempt to collect a debt" department. This guy was even more rude than the previous lady. He never even let me explain that I was making a payment before he started his collection speech. I again tried to explain to him that I was on the forbearance program and I have 90 days to pay. He started saying "Did you or did you not refuse the program" As I tried to explain to him that would make no sense since the previous 3 phone calls I had to repeatedly remind them I was on it.

At one point, I said that I need to get financed through another company because Pacific Union has little to no communication between their departments and that they were very harassing. He had the nerve to tell me that I don't have a chance getting another company to finance my loan because I was now delinquent in my mortgage payments!! When I asked how I was delinquent when I was on this apparent ghostly forbearance program, he then said, "Oh, I’m sorry I was inaccurate in that statement." The apology meant nothing, what had been said should have never been said. When I finally got to his supervisor, I asked who I could speak with beyond the supervisor role, they were obviously unable to fix my issues. He told me that there was no one higher, my complaint had fallen upon deaf ears and I could not get a complaint any higher.

Last encounter, they left a note on my front door the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The note was general and non-descriptive, it said, "contact your mortgage provider immediately”. Well they were closed until the following Monday, so now my wife and I worried what it could be all weekend. When I finally got through, I was told to simply disregard the letter that was taped to my front door. (Yes, it was not even mailed, it was hand delivered folks!) STAY AWAY. They are horrible!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have our mortgage with Pacific Financial and are trying to refinance with them. It has been a nightmare! We started with one man and sent him all the documents then he ended up leaving and not telling us so we had to do everything again! We have paid for a home inspection and we have heard nothing from our lender. He never returns our phone calls! Ever! We keep being told we need to provide more documents that we have already provided... twice!! The papers they send us to sign are wrong. They said at first we needed $2,000 in closing costs and now they are saying we need almost $7,000!! We started this process in October and are still trying to get this done! If we don't get answers soon then we are going to go somewhere else! I would never recommend Pacific Union to do business with!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I went through the whole mortgage process and a week after closing date they denied my loan. A little flavor. I started the process back in June. Ask the initial processor what was needed. I had some credit issues and a couple of judgements. They said it wouldn't be a problem. I did everything she asked me to do and sent a request for a pre-approval. After a month delay the person got me pre-approval. Now I go house shopping, found a house and went into contract. I go through four processors and something they call a mortgage team member and seven days after my closing date they deny my loan and basically have rendered my family and I homeless. Don't do business with them. Most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with in my life.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My lender was great, easy to work with, quick process and a low rate. After that though it's downhill. Pacific Union transferred my loan to Wells Fargo without notifying me. Since I bank with Wells it showed up on my online account and I was kind of excited. Made the payment process super easy. So I went ahead and paid Wells then got a email from Pacific Union asking me to call them, really professional right. Called them and was told my payment was late. How is that even possible on a loan is only had 20 days old and I'd paid Wells Fargo already?

The CSR was the most unprofessional person I ever dealt with, horrible service. She told me, "Well you were supposed to pay us one month then start paying them." What? Is that not the most insane thing ever? Then talked to a supervisor who was equally incompetent. Long story short I ended up paying a double payment my first month. I'd never recommend them, great lender team the rest of them are horrid.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

From the start of my home buying process Mrs. Thedora (my lender) and her team has been there every step of the way. This journey was not easy but I didn't give up and Thedora was there to help from the beginning to the end. She made sure I had all the right information during these last few months and she made sure I knew what I was signing up for. Thedora ** was a very sweet lady and I would highly recommend her and her team at Pacific Union to everyone. Thanks again for everything.

Pacific Union Financial expert review by Michele Lerner

This company provides home loans and refinancing services for people with credit situations ranging from best to bruised. The wide variety of loan products includes FHA, USDA, and VA as well as Conventional, Jumbo and proprietary loan programs. Pacific Union operates more than 40 branches across the United States in addition to its four fulfillment centers in Texas, California, Virginia and North Carolina.

• Online application: The online application makes it easy to apply to refinance a loan or take out a new mortgage. You can fill it out with the total requested loan amount and your desired down payment, and a representative will contact you to discuss options.

• Helpful online calculators: Online calculators help you figure out how mortgage costs break down, whether you can afford to rent or buy, how much to expect in closing costs, how much you should save for a down payment and more.

• Online payments: You can use the simple Customer CareNet portal on the website to make your monthly payments, see updated loan information and contact customer service.

• Clear servicing fees: There is a service fee schedule on the company website so consumers will be aware of fees associated with a mortgage or refinance loan.

• Social media presence: Stay connected through several social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and more.

• Convenient locations: To find the location nearest you, simply visit the website and click “Find a Branch."

• Best for: people looking to secure a home loan or refinance their home.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Pacific Union Financial Company Information