toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Doug and Gabby were amazing in the entire process. They took their time and explained everything that I needed to do. They took me step by step throughout the entire process. Doug was always available to answer any questions or concerns that we had. I would recommend Pacific Union and Douglas ** to anyone.

Great customer service both on our initial mortgage as well as our streamlined refinance after a year. Couldn't be happier at this point. I would recommend their archives to my family and friends. They actually called me to discuss refinancing my home. We are very content.

My refinance was a great experience. The process was very easy and the representatives were friendly and informative. Excellent service.

Pacific Union Financial has got to be the most incompetent financial group. I chose them for my new home when I moved to West Texas and I will never do it again. We were supposed to close originally on the 12th of May and here it is July 7 and we have had to move the closing date for the 3rd time. Granted we had to wait for the appraiser which took a little longer than I hoped but still to have a week go by and say they just got it a few moments ago. Not to mention asking for a ridiculous amount of paperwork from me from stuff back all the way in April. Then they have no communication. Nobody answers the phone or returns emails.

I have sent the same paperwork to my account person Luci 3 times and she keeps losing it. I dont know what is going on and why they cant get their act together but I have consulted another lender that is willing to do the deal and if I had the time to change I would but I’m leasing the house I’m buying and I know the sellers agent and my agent are tired of waiting. I really dont understand what the problem is or why they need proof for everything but my shoe size but I have written more explanations of things than I did when I bought my first house 5 years ago. I will never recommend this lender to anyone and I wish I hadnt chose them in the first place. I think I should be able to charge them my daily lease fee of 40 bucks a day for everyday after the closing date they have set 3 times now. There should be a penalty on their part for not getting it done when they say it will be.

Neva made things easy. Overall a great experience but 2 things bothered my wife and myself. 1st, Pacific Union said my wife's credit score was over 100 points lower than it shows at the 3 credit reporting firms. We could not get a straight answer from Pacific Union. 2nd issue is who they sold our mortgage to. We understand the mortgage could be sold. We were told they would probably sell ours cause of my credit rating and being sold is part of the business. I get it. But they sold it to a company in New Jersey that when you google them, you see lawsuits, complaints and not a good rating at all. Feel like they threw us to the wolves. To recap, people great, not sure on company policies.

Me and my spouse were first time home buyers and our loan officer Alicia ** and her assistant I guess Jordanna ** changed our home insurance company without our consent and has yet to tell us who our home is insurance by. They are very unorganized. We didn't find out we were not closing until the day before we were suppose to. They didn't have good communication with the title company on documents that we needed to provide. I have emailed and called the loan office and neither one of them has gotten us our information about our home insurance. I will not refer anyone to your company especially if they are first time homebuyers. This is a nightmare!!! We don't know who our home is insurance by. You all are sending us paperwork saying we don't have home insurance. This is just a mess.

Pacific Union had our file to purchase a home since the beginning of March 2017... The underwriter kept asking for more info in bits & pieces. I provided everything as soon as it was requested. Sitting on the file each time, not updating our broker... etc. Finally after 3 months and 5 postponed closing dates, the underwriter was fired & new one was assigned.

Almost 2 weeks after the new one was assigned, we were notified by our broker that they would not approve it due to the type of property. The only explanation given was that the previous underwriter (the one that was fired) should have caught this in the beginning! Now we are starting the entire process over with another lender... praying the seller does not give up & walk away from this. We are devastated! I will NEVER recommend this company. Their underwriting department is either poorly trained, very understaffed & simply just don't care... or all of the above. Extremely disappointed with this experience!!

Our mortgage was bought by Pacific Union, and we have since refinanced with them. The service we have received has been spectacular, and we couldn't ask for a better mortgage company. During the refinance, things went smoothly, and we did not have to resubmit documents over and over like you do with other mortgage companies. Their website is well laid out, and easy to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Union Financial?

Pacific Union Financial

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We are investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I don't often write reviews unless I'm extremely satisfied or if I've had a string of negative experiences. I've had a VA Loan with Pacific Union Financial for just over 2 years now. There was an issue at the local level with my primary exemption status for the property in question. My payments are set to auto-deduct each month so I was surprised to see an additional $400 in last month's mortgage payment. I then received the papers in the mail stating that my taxes were going up due to a loss of my primary property exemption. This explains everything, right?

I then researched the issue to find out what I needed to do to get it corrected. I emailed customer service every time I had an update to let them know this was an error and I was in the process of correcting it. June 1 rolls around and I couldn't make a payment using the automated system as it wouldn't let me make the old payment amount. They thought my taxes were going up so they raised my monthly payment. I understand that. I ended up having to talk to someone to find out that even if I did make my normal payment, they wouldn't process it until they received the full amount even though it was an error. They would be glad to take what money I wanted to give them but they wouldn't process it until they received 100% of it which would result in hitting my credit and late fees being added.

I spoke to a supervisor and got the same lack of understanding from him. I finally had to explain to them that this wasn't their mistake, it wasn't my mistake, it was a simple error. It would be nice if they would acknowledge that I was keeping them informed, that I was doing my part, that once things got fixed they would reverse any negative marks on my credit or credit me for late fees. I explained to them that good customer service is understanding and acknowledging the situation for what it is. I wasn't trying to scam them or wait until I had the money. I wasn't trying to get out of my obligation but I thought it was absurd that they continued to tell me that regardless of the error, they need their money.

Last week I was able to get the needed info from my local township. They went out of their way to acknowledge the situation and wrote up a letter for me to give to the PUF regarding the adjusted numbers. I then submitted it to PUF via email and now I wait for them to process it and make the necessary adjustments. So now it's all on them. I'm waiting for them to accept the tax adjustment and fix this once and for all.

Today I received 2 more calls from PUF "in an attempt to collect a debt." They tried to explain the situation to me but I cut them short and informed them I already knew the situation. I don't owe them any more money this month. They need to acknowledge my tax adjustment and get off my back! What really frustrates me is that every person I talked to only cared about 1 thing - you owe us this money. They claim there is nothing to do. They claim there is a "legal and binding contract" and they "can't make adjustments." I'm sorry but I've worked for several major financial institutions in my career and I know there are things that can be done especially when the customer provides proof not just excuses or lip service.

Every single person I've dealt with has only been focused on me "being late" rather than understanding that to have them hold onto $800+ plus $400 every month until they resolve this is just unacceptable. What has happened to customer service? Can't they tell the difference between someone who is habitually late every month and someone who isn't? What really frustrates me is that they tend to want to argue with me over legal ease rather than look at my problem as a whole and understand what kind of situation that puts me in.

Last week I told them that they don't understand what customer service is and they are losing me as a customer. I'm done. I continued to send email updates as well as letting them know they disappointed me and that I was searching for a new mortgage. The only calls I get now are "attempts to collect a debt" rather than "we're sorry we didn't provide you with good customer service" or "what can we do to keep you as a customer?" I got off the phone with them, contacted another mortgage lender and am working to pull my loan from them as they demonstrated multiple times that they just don't care. My rate is much lower and I expect to be closing in the next 2 weeks. Goodbye Pacific Union Financial.

They performed an escrow analysis that dropped our mortgage payment and wouldn't set the new monthly payment start date until 6 months later and then bases our loan modification off of the older amount; they have not applied our mortgage payments correctly which is causing us to appear further behind than what we truly were; I have called HUD and they are escalating this issue to an investigator. They have so many departments and you get a different answer each time you call, no one is on the same page and they don't return phone calls. This company is not operating in an honest manner and is making it difficult to work things out with them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: June 16, 2017

I pay electronically through my bank, I'm not a fan of Snail Mail nor do I trust it. Due to issues with my company's payroll, a couple of my payments were returned due to the previously stated issues. I don't have an issue with a fee, unfortunately, it was my fault, but I check the website to make sure my payments are properly applied. The company's website directs me to a page that says, "Please make your payments" and gives me options. The reason I gave this rating is even though the payments were received in full. I was told my account is in suspension, even though I'm actually 50 dollars ahead.

So I called and was told because of the way the payments were received through the mail, again they are paid electronically and then I was also told that I may be assessed a late fee in addition to the returned item fee. Please explain how that is possible. The payments were made before the grace period had ended. I'm thinking a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to the VA may be in order. I like making Bi-weekly payments because of the extra month I gain every year. And was encouraged not to do that to possibly avoid any delays and fees... What's your take?

I must say that I have never been treated with such a caring and professional attitude before. Vivian ** carried me through the entire process. She worked very closely with my realtor to ensure there were no snags or delays. I was not sure what to expect, but I was completely comfortable and at ease with every decision I faced. If only I could have a team like that in my everyday endeavors. Thank you for treating me like I was the only customer. I guarantee there is no other company out there I would have help me in the future when it comes to mortgage preparation.

Was assured that the loan would NOT be sold to another company and would be retained by PUF for the life of the loan. Before first scheduled payment loan was transferred with that transfer resulting in a 3rd party payment organization. Making payment to mortgage confusing and only made on time after multiple calls to all agencies. This is the main reason for choosing PUF as this has been a matter of concern in past mortgages.

From start to finish Pacific Union Financial was on the ball. Arek and Chad could not have been more helpful. With all the documentation that is necessary to secure a mortgage, they were right there every step of the way to make sure we knew exactly which documents were needed and when they needed to be submitted. Every phone call/question was met with a prompt and friendly response. We couldn't have had an easier more professional experience. They even got us to closing 2 weeks earlier than expected. Would definitely recommend Pacific Union to anyone in the market for a mortgage or refinance. Will be using them again in the future, if the need arises.

The only complaint I have is the amount of junk mail I get. You could save a lot of money not sending the junk mail. I have gotten 5 letters this week about life insurance. I am not getting it, so quit sending it. Other than that, all the needless junk mail, no complaints with this company. The service has otherwise been flawless.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My loan officer left shortly after he took my application but I was not told for almost a month. I was emailing him to check status and got no email bounce back. When my loan went to closing I was given an astronomical amount of cash to close with no real explanation. I came to the Gabe with the money and then got three refund checks. This number should have been more accurately calculated.

Original review: June 13, 2017

The CSR people are extremely rude! Also incompetent, giving out wrong information, telling me I have to reaffirm my loan but that's for a chapter 7 huh! Also I was told I was 3 mos. behind then I had a credit of 760.00 all in the same call, which is it folks, with your nasty rude CSR selves.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: June 8, 2017

Wow, wow, wow. Will not do business with this bank again, NEVER AGAIN. That's all I have to say. Expected to close on the 8th of June 2017 then changed to 12 June 2017 and now they are saying 15 June 2017. Seems like the people working in the UW dept need more training or fired. My family and I are homeless because of their incompetency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Why do I keep receiving phone calls about my payment? We have never had a late payment before. A lady from the office always calls us telling us that our payment is due. So today I received another call from Patricia telling me to call their office. So I return their call and an answering service let's me know that their office is closed in observance to the Memorial Day holiday. Why would you bother a customer about a payment and close your office right before you close for a three day weekend??? Now my whole weekend is ruined due to worrying about why Patricia called me. This is totally unacceptable!!!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: May 25, 2017

I've never encountered such an incompetent team as this loss draft department that supposedly deals with customer's losses when a natural disaster occurs, or in my case, a flood that had occurred that my home needed reconstruction. Nonetheless, my insurance made a payment to me, my wife, and my lender since they're on the deed for the total cost of repairs. Since check was made out to Pacific Union as well, I was unable to cash it so that the contractor can get paid and finalize project.

However, Pacific had to intervene, mailed them the check, over $52k, they deposited into the escrow account and dropped the ball. 3-5 business days for this, 5-6 business days for that, etc, etc. I felt lenders do this on purpose so that they can hold on to the money and delay the project if not stopped. Calling the representative for this department is even worse, bad attitude, not able to escalate to manager, these people move slow. I'm yet to be able to pay my contractor so that they can finish the job, Pacific Union still holding into this money. And to make things worse, their onsite manager never bothers to call me, the customer to address any concerns. Very bad department that needs revamping, and quick!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: May 17, 2017

I am currently in the process of selling my home. The buyer is using Pacific Union Financial as their lender. This process has been a nightmare. The lack of communication and organization on behalf of the lender has been ridiculous. The buyer's real estate agent along with mine has to send numerous emails & make numerous phone calls most times to no avail in order to get any information on the process. We are currently about to change the closing date for the 3rd time because of the lack of communication.

I am a very realistic person so I do understand that things happen, however, it would greatly minimize a lot of frustration if the lender would just be upfront with whatever has transpired instead of leaving all parties in the dark until the day of closing to state, "We need additional information." If you are looking for a lender that will make you a priority and provide accurate information in a timely manner please find another lender outside of Pacific Union.

Pacific Union Financial

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We’re investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

Original review: May 12, 2017

They advertise themselves as one of the best companies where you can get the best rate, but actually their service sucks. I am so disappointed, I have never had a lender that I had to reach out to them so many times when it's my money they will getting benefits from... Do not go with them, there are better lenders with better rates.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: April 25, 2017

I received a letter today with my bill telling me my personal information will be shared with non-affiliates, allowing them to market to me. The notice told me I can limit that sharing, but the only way to limit it is by filling out a form and mailing it to the company. The company has a website that does everything I expect a financial website to do...except allow me to opt-out of sharing my personal info. I filled out the form, and I'm mailing it in...but how do I know if they actually received it, and if they are implementing the opt-out? If they had this feature online, I would be able to log into my account and see that I've been opted out.

They don't even offer a place for me to see that I have been opted out after I send the letter. This is designed to make money selling my personal info to non-affiliates. The company knows most people wouldn't bother to send the opt-out form back in. The funny thing is, they have a section on the paperwork that says "Questions? Call us toll-free...or go to http://www.pacificunionfinancial.com/." The only problem is, when you go to the website you can't find out any more information on personal information sharing. I am not a happy customer.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: March 6, 2017

You guys made a huge mistake on my closing papers and used the wrong tax certificate to do my escrow for taxes. Now I am paying $230 over the amount each month it and my payment is too much. Y'all act like it was my fault when y'all said y'all would fix it.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: March 3, 2017

No one follows up... I submitted a feedback form when we completed our closing in 2016 on a refinance of our original PUF loan and nothing came of it. I provided exact details of the experience we had and no one ever followed up. Tells me that no one at PUF looks at these things. I also called your Customer Service about an issue I had trying to print off a loan history and the person I talked to was rude and condescending. I would not recommend PUF based on our experiences. You need to address your customer service and lack of professionalism of your loan officers. You can look at my previous customer survey for details.

I have been very fortunate to have the privilege of working with my loan officer Brandon ** who has been great in the process to help me get my house. The lender has been understanding and listening to me by giving me time to pay my mortgage in peace by not calling me on the 3rd of the month but was able to wait after the 15th but thankfully, I have been paying my mortgage with no late fees so far. Thank you for making my dream come true of having my own house.

Pacific Union is the easiest company I have ever dealt with. They are very helpful no matter what the issue is. Kristen ** is great. She does what she can to help you with your needs. I would recommend this company to anyone.

I was a first time home buyer and Jeff ** and his staff made what I thought would be a scary and grueling process into a smooth and simple process. Very friendly and professional and great to work with. I would recommend to anyone.

I had a great experience the first time I bought my house with Pacific Union. No problems in the process. Did a refinance the following year, same treatment. Very please with the service I have gotten. Will work with them again.

All I'm going to say is it was my worst, first experience on anything in my life! My loan officer was good for a while, then when it was time to hand off to his assistant, I feel like no one knew how to communicate.

This was a difficult closing because it was across state lines (NJ to MN) and there was some difficult tax situations to figure out. Molly made the process seamless and did an amazing job. I would never use anyone but her for my real estate business.

Our Re-Fi Mortgage with Pacific Union was sold even before our first payment was due. In fact, it has been several times. Even though our rate and payment schedule had remained the same, we had to adjust our electronic payment through our bank due to not having a street address to send in our payment through a PO Box of the service company. Not satisfied with the service we contracted for with a known mortgage company.

My wife and I were brand new and completely naive with where to begin and what we needed to, begin looking at our first mortgage and buying our first home. Alex for Pacific Union Financial made it so easy. Alex was friendly and explained the process step by step. He made us feel at ease and was there through the mortgage and buying process every step of the way.

Pacific Union Financial Company Profile