toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to buy a home with some property and found it for a great price. Then I went to the company I was pre-approved through and they said no because it was a manufactured home on a basement. I was recommended by the sellers realtor to check out Pacific Union and I reluctantly did and they approve me and the house I wanted! They not only got me the house I wanted they were awesome ladies and made the process smooth and easy, Thanks Again.

I was very apprehensive during the approval process due to a prior bad experience with another institution. Molly was able to put me at ease throughout the entire process. She is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, efficient, and has a nurturing demeanor. Learning my loan was sold to another institution, within a month of closing, was a huge disappointment after building a confident comfort zone with Molly and Pacific Union. I do not share the same confidence with the company you sold me to. Molly treated me like a person. I am just an account number, a voice on the phone, a nonperson to this new loan holder. I truly wish I was still with Pacific Union and Molly. Is there any way you would consider rescuing me and my loan from Cenlar and returning my account to Molly?

Our mortgage was bought by Pacific Union, and we have since refinanced with them. The service we have received has been spectacular, and we couldn't ask for a better mortgage company. During the refinance, things went smoothly, and we did not have to resubmit documents over and over like you do with other mortgage companies. Their website is well laid out, and easy to use.

Pacific Union Financial

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you many happy memories in your new home.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Was walked through the process without any hype and everything came through exactly as planned. My consultant was extremely helpful in explaining every step of the process and what to expect next. We made my closing date without a single hitch, which is amazing considering other mortgage companies fizzled away midway through the process while relying heavily on hype, automated co sponsors and false promises while half listening to me.

Resolution In Progress

Pacific Union Financial

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We are investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

This was the absolute worst experience ever. I'm writing this review to warn others. I was initially preapproved by Pacific Union Financial LLC through Premier Lending. I used the approval letter to put in an offer for the home that I was interested in the beginning of July. The offer was accepted and we were set to close on 08/15/17. My lease at my apartment had ended so I ended up moving to my mom's house and placed my belongings in storage. I was then notified that the approval had conditions. Pacific Union required that I pay off an installment loan and they also wanted to know where my fiance got the gift money from. Mind you he isn't on the loan but he gave his bank statements along with invoices because he is a self employed drywall installer.

Aside from being self employed he also had a paycheck for $3700 in his bank account so we didn't understand what was the problem. He only gifted me $4600. They even wanted to see that a transaction on his bank statement cleared before a check cleared. He had to go to his bank and get a stamped letter to prove this. Once that was submitted the conditions were cleared and I was given another closing date of 08/30/17. I received a congratulations email as well as my closing disclosures to sign. The title company also called and gave me information on how I should wire the funds. Well the evening of Wed 08/29/17 my loan officer called me and told me that the underwriter at Pacific Union said that the numbers were off and my DTI was high. They would only give the clear to close if I paid off 2 credit cards and an installment loan. One card totaled $165 the other totaled $500 and the loan was $1626.

Due to the labor day holidays I paid off those items on the following Tuesday and submitted the receipts on that Wed. Not only did I pay this off but we were able to lower the flood insurance premium so the house note went down. They also wanted to know how did I pay the bills off. I have a job that's how. Well I waited to hear from them. My loan officer stated that the underwriter said that she had 6 cases ahead of me. I ended up hearing from them on that Friday and was told that I was approved by the junior underwriter and that my file was now on the senior underwriter's desk. Well no word from Pacific Union the rest of that day. So I was eager for Monday to come around. Only to find out that the underwriter said that I was at the end of the ropes. I was not approved because of the gift money and DTI ratio.

This was the same gift money and DTI that was approved the week before when the CDS were sent out the week before. Now myself and my four kids are basically homeless. I would never deal with this company if someone paid me to. I feel like I was racially profiled. Everything was all good up until the underwriter saw the appraisal. An African American female getting a good deal on a foreclosure. I make $80000 with ok credit and I was denied an FHA loan. I need answers.

Payment is due on the 1st. If payment is not made by the 5th and I make an online payment after that date, I get charged a fee for using their online services. No fees if it is mailed and received by the 15th. Not many people use regular mail anymore. I do not set up for Auto-Pay because I am on commission and have several business so I never know which account will be used until the payment is used.

For the August payment, I had to change the banking information to make the payment. I went through the entire process. When the payment did not post, I called to find out that they had not processed the payment. They had record that I was on the website but no record of the payment. They charged me a fee to make my payment! Now, I am trying to make my September payment, and my account is locked out on the first time. I've not logged in since I logged in to make the payment in August. I tried calling but they are only open during normal working hours that everyone works. I am not able to call since I am a teacher.

I was contacted by phone with the suggestion to refinance my home and after some thought it would be worthwhile. The process should have been easy however I ended up working with two agents, one in Texas and one in another state, Indiana I think. They both ask for the same information and I was kept busy faxing the same things to both people. It was difficult to reach them by phone. One was often not available. The other, though the answering machine said “leave a message” admitted that he had no answering machine.

After completing everything for closing that was set for a certain day they failed to send information to notary so another date needed to be set. By this time a new month began and though I had been told I would not have house payment for two months but because the company did not get info sent I now had to pay for another house payment under the old loan. I was lied to by one of the officers who said as long as loan was closed before the 12th no payment would be needed. It closed on the 3rd, I believe. And the late closing was their fault. NO apology. NOTHING. If I had it to do again I would go to a local bank.

Linda helped me every step of the way making my house buying experience a great one. She was on top of everything in a very timely manner especially because I needed a 30 day close which she made happen. Thank you so much Linda.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Union Financial?

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

They sucked. The process was awful and the communication was terrible. It's amazing they can fund a loan. It took multiple escalations to very high ups to get this done. As a former loan officer in this industry I'm patient to the nonsense. But this was pure incompetence. Some of these folks have zero business interfacing with customers. Good luck in the future. Doubt it's bright. Will never use or recommend to anyone.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

We have had a mtge with Pac Fin for a number of years. No problem - we make our monthly payment and basically have had no interaction with them, which is my expectation. For the last 30 yrs, with many mortgage lenders, have always paid my bill between the first and fifteenth of the month, including Pacific Financial. All of a sudden, about 2 months ago, I started to get phone calls in the evening from them asking for payment, saying payment was late. I reminded girl on phone I had until the 15th to make the payment and to look at the loan history. I also asked not to be called unless my payment was delinquent (of which there was no history). She said she needed it writing.

I got a letter from them that said they needed a cease and desist letter from me or they would start calling again. I sent them an email to cease and desist but that does not seem to be good enough for them either. This is how they treat good clients? Can't begin to imagine what they would do to someone who hits a rough patch. Unfortunately, a mtge is not like a pair of shoes that can be returned to the store if they are defective. This company has left a very bad impression with me but it is a "gotcha" on their end.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2017

I previously left a negative review in early August being I was unhappy with the loan process. It was a long and often times discouraging process. I can say that in the end everything worked out, I got my loan and have since moved into my new home. Thank you Tony ** for the hard work and dedication, you came through as promised and now I'm a happy camper.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I started the home buying process in March 2017 and was pre-approved. I informed my lender that I had to be out of my apartment by July 23rd. I found a property and the contract was ratified on May 27, 2017. I contacted the lender (which happened to be the office manager in the Lanham, MD office) to find out what documents he needed to put my loan packet together. I hand delivered all the documents the next day to him. I had a closing date set for July 17th.

On July 12th I get a call from the lender requesting updated documents and was informed that the closing would be pushed back to July 31st. Keep in mind I had to move out of my apartment on July 23rd. Well the second closing date of July 31st has come and gone without any explanation or phone call from the lender. I keep inquiring about why the process had not been completed and all I get is very vague answers and to just be patient. It's kind of hard to be patient when you don't have anywhere to live.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

This loan took almost 90 days to get to potential close. Every document or scrap of information they asked for I provided quickly. Seller had issues with title, but I was told on three occasions that my loan was secured and we were ready to close. Finally, the seller was ready to close, but now, all of a sudden, Pacific needed additional documentation. Actually, that isn't accurate because they specifically asked me for two documents. One I had sent previously and one that was literally a blank document that you sometimes get at the back of a bank statement. In addition, they stated that I was $1000 short to close. Ended up losing, after negotiating with the seller, $500 of my money. Pacific is unethical, unprofessional and incompetent.

At first I thought wow I am going to be a homeowner. That was back in first part of June. I was so excited I found the home. Did everything, jump through hoops had a closing day. It got pushed back because not everything was done which I can understand that. You know I respect that. Then I was told all know we're going to go ahead and sell your house because we're going to close on this day. That date was July 21. The day came and went then it was July 25. That day came and went and I need to be out of my current home which I had sold because they told me to go ahead and sell because I have a closing day. I wouldn't need the funds to proceed with the closing and everything else.

Well here it is July 27. As of August, I will be homeless and plus I will lose my home that I had put a bid in and I had almost everything done because the funds I had put aside will have to find shelter for my family and my pets because they did not do this in a private property put a timely manner they rent and return my phone calls. They kept saying "will be working on the loan, working on the loan were working on the loan" that's all I kept hearing. I am a first time home buyer and this was supposed be the happiest experience in my life which is turned out to be the worst experience of my life. I have no home I have no current home because as of August 1 like I said I will be homeless.

If this is how they treat their customers that tells me that this company doesn't really care about us that we are nothing and then I receive documents after documents from closing cost anywhere from 15,000 to 5000 and I call and question it all Denmark the final them our final I was supposed to have this all done finalized they kept saying they were gonna send me my final closing documents and have yet to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: July 17, 2017

For months now I have been in contact with Pacific Union about them paying my property tax bill. I've called countless times. Each time they either say, "We paid them. Don't worry." Or they realize they haven't, and then promise to have them paid by a certain date, and then that date comes and goes and they are still not paid. It's hit or miss who you get on the phone. Sometimes when I call I get someone who just says insistently, "we paid them!" It's infuriating trying to explain to someone that if you look online, you can see clearly they aren't paid or if you call the county office, they will confirm they aren't paid.

If I'm lucky I get someone who acknowledges that they haven't been paid, gives me a new ETA on when they will be, and then I end up calling back in a few weeks still disappointed. This process has been so frustrating, especially as a first time home buyer; I've become so nervous I'm going to risk losing my house due to their incompetence. They haven't paid the taxes at this point.

Pacific Union Financial has got to be the most incompetent financial group. I chose them for my new home when I moved to West Texas and I will never do it again. We were supposed to close originally on the 12th of May and here it is July 7 and we have had to move the closing date for the 3rd time. Granted we had to wait for the appraiser which took a little longer than I hoped but still to have a week go by and say they just got it a few moments ago. Not to mention asking for a ridiculous amount of paperwork from me from stuff back all the way in April. Then they have no communication. Nobody answers the phone or returns emails.

I have sent the same paperwork to my account person Luci 3 times and she keeps losing it. I dont know what is going on and why they cant get their act together but I have consulted another lender that is willing to do the deal and if I had the time to change I would but I’m leasing the house I’m buying and I know the sellers agent and my agent are tired of waiting. I really dont understand what the problem is or why they need proof for everything but my shoe size but I have written more explanations of things than I did when I bought my first house 5 years ago. I will never recommend this lender to anyone and I wish I hadnt chose them in the first place. I think I should be able to charge them my daily lease fee of 40 bucks a day for everyday after the closing date they have set 3 times now. There should be a penalty on their part for not getting it done when they say it will be.

Neva made things easy. Overall a great experience but 2 things bothered my wife and myself. 1st, Pacific Union said my wife's credit score was over 100 points lower than it shows at the 3 credit reporting firms. We could not get a straight answer from Pacific Union. 2nd issue is who they sold our mortgage to. We understand the mortgage could be sold. We were told they would probably sell ours cause of my credit rating and being sold is part of the business. I get it. But they sold it to a company in New Jersey that when you google them, you see lawsuits, complaints and not a good rating at all. Feel like they threw us to the wolves. To recap, people great, not sure on company policies.

Me and my spouse were first time home buyers and our loan officer Alicia ** and her assistant I guess Jordanna ** changed our home insurance company without our consent and has yet to tell us who our home is insurance by. They are very unorganized. We didn't find out we were not closing until the day before we were suppose to. They didn't have good communication with the title company on documents that we needed to provide. I have emailed and called the loan office and neither one of them has gotten us our information about our home insurance. I will not refer anyone to your company especially if they are first time homebuyers. This is a nightmare!!! We don't know who our home is insurance by. You all are sending us paperwork saying we don't have home insurance. This is just a mess.

Pacific Union had our file to purchase a home since the beginning of March 2017... The underwriter kept asking for more info in bits & pieces. I provided everything as soon as it was requested. Sitting on the file each time, not updating our broker... etc. Finally after 3 months and 5 postponed closing dates, the underwriter was fired & new one was assigned.

Almost 2 weeks after the new one was assigned, we were notified by our broker that they would not approve it due to the type of property. The only explanation given was that the previous underwriter (the one that was fired) should have caught this in the beginning! Now we are starting the entire process over with another lender... praying the seller does not give up & walk away from this. We are devastated! I will NEVER recommend this company. Their underwriting department is either poorly trained, very understaffed & simply just don't care... or all of the above. Extremely disappointed with this experience!!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: June 22, 2017

I don't often write reviews unless I'm extremely satisfied or if I've had a string of negative experiences. I've had a VA Loan with Pacific Union Financial for just over 2 years now. There was an issue at the local level with my primary exemption status for the property in question. My payments are set to auto-deduct each month so I was surprised to see an additional $400 in last month's mortgage payment. I then received the papers in the mail stating that my taxes were going up due to a loss of my primary property exemption. This explains everything, right?

I then researched the issue to find out what I needed to do to get it corrected. I emailed customer service every time I had an update to let them know this was an error and I was in the process of correcting it. June 1 rolls around and I couldn't make a payment using the automated system as it wouldn't let me make the old payment amount. They thought my taxes were going up so they raised my monthly payment. I understand that. I ended up having to talk to someone to find out that even if I did make my normal payment, they wouldn't process it until they received the full amount even though it was an error. They would be glad to take what money I wanted to give them but they wouldn't process it until they received 100% of it which would result in hitting my credit and late fees being added.

I spoke to a supervisor and got the same lack of understanding from him. I finally had to explain to them that this wasn't their mistake, it wasn't my mistake, it was a simple error. It would be nice if they would acknowledge that I was keeping them informed, that I was doing my part, that once things got fixed they would reverse any negative marks on my credit or credit me for late fees. I explained to them that good customer service is understanding and acknowledging the situation for what it is. I wasn't trying to scam them or wait until I had the money. I wasn't trying to get out of my obligation but I thought it was absurd that they continued to tell me that regardless of the error, they need their money.

Last week I was able to get the needed info from my local township. They went out of their way to acknowledge the situation and wrote up a letter for me to give to the PUF regarding the adjusted numbers. I then submitted it to PUF via email and now I wait for them to process it and make the necessary adjustments. So now it's all on them. I'm waiting for them to accept the tax adjustment and fix this once and for all.

Today I received 2 more calls from PUF "in an attempt to collect a debt." They tried to explain the situation to me but I cut them short and informed them I already knew the situation. I don't owe them any more money this month. They need to acknowledge my tax adjustment and get off my back! What really frustrates me is that every person I talked to only cared about 1 thing - you owe us this money. They claim there is nothing to do. They claim there is a "legal and binding contract" and they "can't make adjustments." I'm sorry but I've worked for several major financial institutions in my career and I know there are things that can be done especially when the customer provides proof not just excuses or lip service.

Every single person I've dealt with has only been focused on me "being late" rather than understanding that to have them hold onto $800+ plus $400 every month until they resolve this is just unacceptable. What has happened to customer service? Can't they tell the difference between someone who is habitually late every month and someone who isn't? What really frustrates me is that they tend to want to argue with me over legal ease rather than look at my problem as a whole and understand what kind of situation that puts me in.

Last week I told them that they don't understand what customer service is and they are losing me as a customer. I'm done. I continued to send email updates as well as letting them know they disappointed me and that I was searching for a new mortgage. The only calls I get now are "attempts to collect a debt" rather than "we're sorry we didn't provide you with good customer service" or "what can we do to keep you as a customer?" I got off the phone with them, contacted another mortgage lender and am working to pull my loan from them as they demonstrated multiple times that they just don't care. My rate is much lower and I expect to be closing in the next 2 weeks. Goodbye Pacific Union Financial.

They performed an escrow analysis that dropped our mortgage payment and wouldn't set the new monthly payment start date until 6 months later and then bases our loan modification off of the older amount; they have not applied our mortgage payments correctly which is causing us to appear further behind than what we truly were; I have called HUD and they are escalating this issue to an investigator. They have so many departments and you get a different answer each time you call, no one is on the same page and they don't return phone calls. This company is not operating in an honest manner and is making it difficult to work things out with them.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: June 16, 2017

I pay electronically through my bank, I'm not a fan of Snail Mail nor do I trust it. Due to issues with my company's payroll, a couple of my payments were returned due to the previously stated issues. I don't have an issue with a fee, unfortunately, it was my fault, but I check the website to make sure my payments are properly applied. The company's website directs me to a page that says, "Please make your payments" and gives me options. The reason I gave this rating is even though the payments were received in full. I was told my account is in suspension, even though I'm actually 50 dollars ahead.

So I called and was told because of the way the payments were received through the mail, again they are paid electronically and then I was also told that I may be assessed a late fee in addition to the returned item fee. Please explain how that is possible. The payments were made before the grace period had ended. I'm thinking a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to the VA may be in order. I like making Bi-weekly payments because of the extra month I gain every year. And was encouraged not to do that to possibly avoid any delays and fees... What's your take?

I must say that I have never been treated with such a caring and professional attitude before. Vivian ** carried me through the entire process. She worked very closely with my realtor to ensure there were no snags or delays. I was not sure what to expect, but I was completely comfortable and at ease with every decision I faced. If only I could have a team like that in my everyday endeavors. Thank you for treating me like I was the only customer. I guarantee there is no other company out there I would have help me in the future when it comes to mortgage preparation.

Was assured that the loan would NOT be sold to another company and would be retained by PUF for the life of the loan. Before first scheduled payment loan was transferred with that transfer resulting in a 3rd party payment organization. Making payment to mortgage confusing and only made on time after multiple calls to all agencies. This is the main reason for choosing PUF as this has been a matter of concern in past mortgages.

From start to finish Pacific Union Financial was on the ball. Arek and Chad could not have been more helpful. With all the documentation that is necessary to secure a mortgage, they were right there every step of the way to make sure we knew exactly which documents were needed and when they needed to be submitted. Every phone call/question was met with a prompt and friendly response. We couldn't have had an easier more professional experience. They even got us to closing 2 weeks earlier than expected. Would definitely recommend Pacific Union to anyone in the market for a mortgage or refinance. Will be using them again in the future, if the need arises.

The only complaint I have is the amount of junk mail I get. You could save a lot of money not sending the junk mail. I have gotten 5 letters this week about life insurance. I am not getting it, so quit sending it. Other than that, all the needless junk mail, no complaints with this company. The service has otherwise been flawless.

Doug and Gabby were amazing in the entire process. They took their time and explained everything that I needed to do. They took me step by step throughout the entire process. Doug was always available to answer any questions or concerns that we had. I would recommend Pacific Union and Douglas ** to anyone.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My loan officer left shortly after he took my application but I was not told for almost a month. I was emailing him to check status and got no email bounce back. When my loan went to closing I was given an astronomical amount of cash to close with no real explanation. I came to the Gabe with the money and then got three refund checks. This number should have been more accurately calculated.

Original review: June 13, 2017

The CSR people are extremely rude! Also incompetent, giving out wrong information, telling me I have to reaffirm my loan but that's for a chapter 7 huh! Also I was told I was 3 mos. behind then I had a credit of 760.00 all in the same call, which is it folks, with your nasty rude CSR selves.

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: June 8, 2017

Wow, wow, wow. Will not do business with this bank again, NEVER AGAIN. That's all I have to say. Expected to close on the 8th of June 2017 then changed to 12 June 2017 and now they are saying 15 June 2017. Seems like the people working in the UW dept need more training or fired. My family and I are homeless because of their incompetency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Why do I keep receiving phone calls about my payment? We have never had a late payment before. A lady from the office always calls us telling us that our payment is due. So today I received another call from Patricia telling me to call their office. So I return their call and an answering service let's me know that their office is closed in observance to the Memorial Day holiday. Why would you bother a customer about a payment and close your office right before you close for a three day weekend??? Now my whole weekend is ruined due to worrying about why Patricia called me. This is totally unacceptable!!!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: May 25, 2017

I've never encountered such an incompetent team as this loss draft department that supposedly deals with customer's losses when a natural disaster occurs, or in my case, a flood that had occurred that my home needed reconstruction. Nonetheless, my insurance made a payment to me, my wife, and my lender since they're on the deed for the total cost of repairs. Since check was made out to Pacific Union as well, I was unable to cash it so that the contractor can get paid and finalize project.

However, Pacific had to intervene, mailed them the check, over $52k, they deposited into the escrow account and dropped the ball. 3-5 business days for this, 5-6 business days for that, etc, etc. I felt lenders do this on purpose so that they can hold on to the money and delay the project if not stopped. Calling the representative for this department is even worse, bad attitude, not able to escalate to manager, these people move slow. I'm yet to be able to pay my contractor so that they can finish the job, Pacific Union still holding into this money. And to make things worse, their onsite manager never bothers to call me, the customer to address any concerns. Very bad department that needs revamping, and quick!

Pacific Union Financial

Original review: May 17, 2017

I am currently in the process of selling my home. The buyer is using Pacific Union Financial as their lender. This process has been a nightmare. The lack of communication and organization on behalf of the lender has been ridiculous. The buyer's real estate agent along with mine has to send numerous emails & make numerous phone calls most times to no avail in order to get any information on the process. We are currently about to change the closing date for the 3rd time because of the lack of communication.

I am a very realistic person so I do understand that things happen, however, it would greatly minimize a lot of frustration if the lender would just be upfront with whatever has transpired instead of leaving all parties in the dark until the day of closing to state, "We need additional information." If you are looking for a lender that will make you a priority and provide accurate information in a timely manner please find another lender outside of Pacific Union.

Pacific Union Financial

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We’re investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

Original review: May 12, 2017

They advertise themselves as one of the best companies where you can get the best rate, but actually their service sucks. I am so disappointed, I have never had a lender that I had to reach out to them so many times when it's my money they will getting benefits from... Do not go with them, there are better lenders with better rates.

Pacific Union Financial Company Profile