2.79/5
Based on 112 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Pacific Union Financial

Pacific Union Financial is a new kind of mortgage company. One that puts you first. They want to take the headache out of securing a loan and put the fun back into purchasing a home.

Regardless of your financial state, Pacific Union is focused on finding the loan to meet your needs so you can focus on finding your next home.

Pacific Union loves what they do, and are excited to be part of your home purchasing journey.

Source: Mortgage Executive Magazine, Spring 2017
    Source: FHA Snapshot Data, Jan 2017
    Source: Inside Mortgage Finance, Top Conv-Conforming and FHA/VA Producers, Dec 2016
    Source: Top Mortgage Lenders, Dec 2016
    Source: Inside Mortgage Finance, Top Mortgage Lenders by Volume, Dec 2016
    Source: Zillow, May 2017
    Source: Lending Tree, May 2017
    Source: Google, May 2017
    ABBB Rating
    FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

112 Pacific Union Financial Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We live in Louisiana. Had quite a few state sisters two major floods, hurricanes and the snow storm on top of that. My husband's job placed him in a hotel which only gives him a 25.00 a day deferential for food and is not covering missing work with the snow and icy roads. Sent Pacific Union a check for September. Payment was returned by mail in late October not even in foreclosure yet. Tried loss mitigation too many times. Mailed priority. Mailed at post office, faxed and they still say tax topic 4506 T Form was not checked off in all fields.

Stayed on the phone with reply and faxed. Talked for over 40 minutes. Waited for faxes to go through and he guided me over phone with everything needed and double checked papers and said it'd be 14 days they'll have a decision but looked good. Only to receive another letter stating Parker's were not turned in again and needed the tax forms. I told reply I faxed over the phone and gave the reps name that I spoke with and have all my copies and my fax confirmation plus was all mailed. Also they always have an excuse to not help. I even told them we'll pay with taxes refunds. No help at all. No lien deed or temporary mortgage payment extension. Nothing.

Now try calling day before foreclosure not told anything. Mailed a letter to me dated the day after I called stating in foreclosure now but took over 6 days in mail from date on letter. Tried to pay but can't because they don't know my foreclosure fees yet from lawyer. Told me wait two weeks. been over 3 weeks. Called, told the same thing yesterday. They're waiting on foreclosure fees to come in. It'll be another couple weeks. This company is horrible and because it's a USDA loan they're guaranteed their money from the state so they will get their money. But I know by law we have rights as homeowners and nothing's being done to help on their end. Time for a realy good lawyer.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Currently my mortgage situation is not great, I've a bunch of unexpected and extremely hard family deaths to deal with in the past two years, which has caused some financial issues with my current mortgage company. I'm not looking for any sort of a handout, I'm working extremely hard to make do by any means. I recently told that the company wouldn't accept but a minimum of 2 payments (by the 31st of the month) or I would go into foreclosure. Well I mailed a overnight package with two payments that arrived at their designated mail to spot, using the mortgage coupon as my guide. The package arrive at their P.O Box on the 31st @ 9:30 am.

I then contacted the customer service representative on the 1st the to relay this information, and was told that although the payment was in their P.O Box it was not posted, so I was technically in foreclosure. My thought process is this. "You are in possession of the payment by the date required, and you tell me that it's not going to work." I'm confused. Someone please explain...

Pacific Union Financial response

Thank you for your message. We regret that this was not your experience. Please provide us with your property address via email to CustomerRelations@loanpacific.com. Once we’re able to identify your account, we’ll conduct a thorough investigation of your concerns and provide a written response directly to the mailing address that we have on file for your account. To protect your personal information, we will not provide details regarding your mortgage loan account via social media.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

The WORST customer service... sends letters and then says they didn't. Going through a rough few years with me getting sick had to get a modification. First letter stated about $391 more than the one we received a month later... Made that payment and then was told they didn't send it. Their letterhead came in their envelope but they didn't send it and won't honor it and on top of that I was treated like crap. Then told that my husband would have to call... that I was only a contact person. My husband is NOT happy. We would NEVER use them again and definitely would NEVER recommend them to ANYONE! Even my worst enemy is too good for the way they treat their customers! One star is too much!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I have several issues with this company. Customer service reps and supervisors are rude and most of the time are ignorant of situations... It took several phone calls from me to try and get them to adjust my mortgage payment due to the fact my taxes were lowered. And I received a cancellation notice from my house insurance because they sent out a check Dec 8 for a bill due Dec 14.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We are in the process of selling our home and buyer has used this company for their financial needs. We were supposed to close on 12/29/17 and are still waiting to close. The processor, Lianne, has not been forthcoming with the documents needed to close on our home. Then when she did send paperwork it was a lot of nonessential and nonrelevant paperwork that has nothing to do with our closing or the buyer. Meaning it was someone else's paperwork.

We have a home we are purchasing that we will lose due to Lianne not sending proper information in a timely fashion needed for the closing and to make everything worse she does not return calls. She has been contacted by realtor and title co by phone and email with no response from her. There has been a lot of unneed stress due to the lack of caring and incompetence that has gone on with this company. In fact we would not recommend anyone that wants a smooth and timely transaction to use this co. The process of buying and selling a home should be a happy experience, instead it has been a complete nightmare. Be forewarned that you will not have a smooth transaction if buyer or you are using Pacific Union Financial.

Pacific Union Financial response

Thank you for your message and for letting us know that you’ve had a negative experience with our company. Pacific Union Financial, LLC strives to provide excellent customer service and we regret that this was not your experience. We take your concerns seriously. We are investigating your situation further and will provide a more detailed response directly to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Union Financial?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We bought a house 2 years ago as of last May. Recently we've had a bunch of issues come up and those at Pacific Union have been nothing short of incompetent. We switched insurance companies, yet they continued to pay the old one. This resulted in the old insurance company sending us a check for the deficit. It was about the amount of a couple of our debts with other companies, so we called in to see if we could just keep the check and pay it back when our taxes came in. The rep said that was fine and told us that our payments would not go up.

Two months later, they increase by 150 a month. Whatever, we can afford it, so we just pay it. Then my wife loses her job. We file for the readjustment (which they all call by different names when we call in) 3 times. Every time, we are missing paperwork. They couldn't tell us what it was, because every time we called to check, it was already closed. The first time we applied, we mentioned that we could pay off after December and the rep asked if we would even have a house in December. I've had to get rude with the collections department because they try to outright refuse to transfer me until I set up a pay date. We've given up on the readjustment. We're just going to put all of our taxes towards it and hope they leave us alone. When we get our credit back up, we will be refinancing with a new company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Primary Mortgage Loan - Pick another company!!! Horrible!! We are on the phone with them all the time trying to iron out mistakes they have made!! They are either extremely incompetent or dishonest, or both!! Our advice, Stay away!!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My family and I were impacted by Irma and we got behind on our payments and decided to do the forbearance agreement. 3 payments were moved to February 1. I would still try to keep current and make payments each month. They actually charged me a $5 service fee for paying after the 5th. Even though the forbearance agreement shouldn’t assess any late or service fees. I kept explaining this to the girl that my payment wasn’t late it was early in accordance with the forbearance agreement but she wouldn’t budge. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot of money but it’s the principal that I shouldn’t have been charged. The whole point of doing this was because we were struggling. I couldn’t make the payment online so I had to call. I am very unhappy with them.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Pacific Union customer service reps are awful. They are not helpful and don't work to assist you when you have an issue. I had fraud on my main checking account and needed to change the draft account with them - they made the process so difficult and wouldn't cancel the draft payment after I emailed and completed an online form because "I did not call them". The issue happened at 2am - they aren't even open. When attempting to reach a supervisor (Willy) the experience got worse - he was rude and unhelpful and told me he was the highest person I could speak to there. Doubtful. I would not recommend them for your mortgage needs - go somewhere where you will be appreciated and valued as a customer.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Due to the hurricane, I got behind on my mortgage. When I called I was told they were willing to help. I managed during this holiday season to save ALL PAST due and become current. But they want to charge me a $10.00 processing FEE to take my payment over the phone. At this HOLIDAY Season, $10.00 may not be much for most people but for me it is. That is why our country is in the shape it is today. NO COMPASSION FOR THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE! Pacific Union Financial, hope you have a great holiday season, because I sure won't.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Pacific Union sold my loan to another lender. They did not tell me about it, instead I got a flyer from the other lender welcoming me to them. Pacific Union never sent me anything. I contacted them and wanted to know what was going on because I never missed a payment. I want to say Thank You Pacific Union for selling my loan because the other Mortgage Lender lowered my interest, something PUF could have done but never offered. Stay away from them as much as you can!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Just like other similar and recent postings regarding loan modification, we are having a difficult time finishing the process we started in October. We are always getting the runaround on documents allegedly not received or continuing to ask for more bank statements - all of this happening with a different person every time we call. We have turned in and signed every single document they have asked, sometimes multiple times, but it just goes round and round. It is the holidays and I do not know how much longer our family, which includes 4 young boys will have our home. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I paid my FHA loans LTV below the required amount in November, the loan was also over 5 years old. All payments were on time. I requested the MIP be removed. In December they took out an MIP payment which was for November as it's paid in arrears. They also took out a second MIP payment for December even though there should have been no payment required then they calculated an escrow shortage since they took the un-required payment. They are refusing to fix this error.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We have been dealing with this company for 5 years. In 2015 my husband's job was dissolved so we contacted Pacific Union to see about getting a modification which they sent the paperwork to us. After filling out the forms and sending them in they continually asked for the same documents over and over. We were not able to speak with our representative even after leaving multiple messages, no call back. They say that we did not get paperwork to their office in time so they continually had to reopen our case, this is not true. I have the signed documents from the post office stating when they received them and it was within the time they allowed. They then put us off until they could foreclose on us even though we still had not spoken with our representative that was assigned to us.

After hiring an attorney and fighting them for over a year and a half we finally received the modification. We made the payments as planned and after the 3 months still didn't receive the modification documents to make it official until 6 months after the trial period was over. We signed the documents for what we were told were the fees and such to catch us up and go from there. We decided to sell our house this year and called for the payoff which we received, they sent this out 3 times to us all with the same amount. Two days before closing we are notified by the closing attorney we owe an extra 70,000 on top of the payoff.

The third payoff statement that was sent to us on the 20th of November was also sent out to the closing attorney with one difference. We received the payoff amount that we had been told all this time but the attorney received the amount plus the 70,000 more. We now have spoken with Pacific Union and they state that HUD gave us this loan and they have nothing to do with it. Well HUD and FHA know nothing about this and we have buyers that want to sue us. Pacific Union said they would look into this but now when we call they take a message and say someone will call us back but get nothing. It's pretty bad when HUD says this loan company sounds like it's having shady dealings and we should get an attorney.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I received a call today from Pacific Union about my payment that has not been paid. Approximately a week ago I called and explained why the payment was not made and when the payment was going to be made. When I said hello the lady on the other End had absolutely no manners at all, she had an attitude from the beginning of the conversation. I asked her if she had read the notes in the system about when my payment would be made and she continued to ignore me and kept telling me that I had to make my payment.

We went back-and-forth for a little while and her attitude continued to get worse and so I raised my voice and continued asking her the same question. She was very rude and obnoxious there is no reason to treat people the way she treated me. Especially somebody who was supposed to be a professional. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service at Pacific Union. Pacific Union needs to monitor their customer service much better. Your customer service representatives are the face of your company and right now I don’t like your company and I will most likely find a new mortgage company at my first opportunity.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

This has to be one of the most dysfunctional companies I have ever had to work with. My family and I were impacted by hurricane Irma, we requested to use the forbearance program that we would supposedly not be counted as a late payment for 3 months, though we would still pay all 3 months in that period of time. It went well for 12hrs, then the harassment started! The very next day, we started to receive calls, "this is an attempt to collect a debt". After I explained that we were on the forbearance program, the guy stated that the person who had been helping me did not take notes. I spoke to a supervisor, who confirmed my account had been updated and not to worry.

Less than a week later, I get another call, again "this is an attempt to collect a debt". This time I asked the lady if they updated the notes in the system, she began to yell at me. Because of my question asking if they updated their notes, she told me I needed to lose my attitude and she continued to say I needed to pay, speaking so loud that both my son and my wife dropped their jaws because they could hear what she was saying from 10 feet away. I was so offended, I again requested a supervisor who said he was going to go back and listen to the call and address it. He again confirmed that I was on the program and assured me this would not happen again.

This next time, I was actually calling them to make a payment and I was transferred to the... you know "this is an attempt to collect a debt" department. This guy was even more rude than the previous lady. He never even let me explain that I was making a payment before he started his collection speech. I again tried to explain to him that I was on the forbearance program and I have 90 days to pay. He started saying "Did you or did you not refuse the program" As I tried to explain to him that would make no sense since the previous 3 phone calls I had to repeatedly remind them I was on it.

At one point, I said that I need to get financed through another company because Pacific Union has little to no communication between their departments and that they were very harassing. He had the nerve to tell me that I don't have a chance getting another company to finance my loan because I was now delinquent in my mortgage payments!! When I asked how I was delinquent when I was on this apparent ghostly forbearance program, he then said, "Oh, I’m sorry I was inaccurate in that statement." The apology meant nothing, what had been said should have never been said. When I finally got to his supervisor, I asked who I could speak with beyond the supervisor role, they were obviously unable to fix my issues. He told me that there was no one higher, my complaint had fallen upon deaf ears and I could not get a complaint any higher.

Last encounter, they left a note on my front door the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The note was general and non-descriptive, it said, "contact your mortgage provider immediately”. Well they were closed until the following Monday, so now my wife and I worried what it could be all weekend. When I finally got through, I was told to simply disregard the letter that was taped to my front door. (Yes, it was not even mailed, it was hand delivered folks!) STAY AWAY. They are horrible!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have our mortgage with Pacific Financial and are trying to refinance with them. It has been a nightmare! We started with one man and sent him all the documents then he ended up leaving and not telling us so we had to do everything again! We have paid for a home inspection and we have heard nothing from our lender. He never returns our phone calls! Ever! We keep being told we need to provide more documents that we have already provided... twice!! The papers they send us to sign are wrong. They said at first we needed $2,000 in closing costs and now they are saying we need almost $7,000!! We started this process in October and are still trying to get this done! If we don't get answers soon then we are going to go somewhere else! I would never recommend Pacific Union to do business with!

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I went through the whole mortgage process and a week after closing date they denied my loan. A little flavor. I started the process back in June. Ask the initial processor what was needed. I had some credit issues and a couple of judgements. They said it wouldn't be a problem. I did everything she asked me to do and sent a request for a pre-approval. After a month delay the person got me pre-approval. Now I go house shopping, found a house and went into contract. I go through four processors and something they call a mortgage team member and seven days after my closing date they deny my loan and basically have rendered my family and I homeless. Don't do business with them. Most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with in my life.

Pacific Union Financial response

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My lender was great, easy to work with, quick process and a low rate. After that though it's downhill. Pacific Union transferred my loan to Wells Fargo without notifying me. Since I bank with Wells it showed up on my online account and I was kind of excited. Made the payment process super easy. So I went ahead and paid Wells then got a email from Pacific Union asking me to call them, really professional right. Called them and was told my payment was late. How is that even possible on a loan is only had 20 days old and I'd paid Wells Fargo already?

The CSR was the most unprofessional person I ever dealt with, horrible service. She told me, "Well you were supposed to pay us one month then start paying them." What? Is that not the most insane thing ever? Then talked to a supervisor who was equally incompetent. Long story short I ended up paying a double payment my first month. I'd never recommend them, great lender team the rest of them are horrid.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

From the start of my home buying process Mrs. Thedora (my lender) and her team has been there every step of the way. This journey was not easy but I didn't give up and Thedora was there to help from the beginning to the end. She made sure I had all the right information during these last few months and she made sure I knew what I was signing up for. Thedora ** was a very sweet lady and I would highly recommend her and her team at Pacific Union to everyone. Thanks again for everything.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

You might think that buying a house in another city might be a horrible experience when you don't live there. It was not with Eric **. He kept in constant communication with my daughter in Saint Louis and me in Springfield. Communication is a big deal when a new event is happening in your life, especially when my daughter has never bought a house. My daughter really liked the videos that were sent to her to explain what was going on during the whole buying process. Being a realtor myself, I noticed he was in constant communication with all the realtors. Rebecca told me that the listing realtor said that he had never had a closing go as well. When there was a hiccup and there usually is, he solved it. On the day of closing, his office met halfway in Rolla with the office from Saint Louis to get the paperwork needed to close. Rebecca closed that day on her house without a hitch.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I called Orlando to process a loan for a condo. Because I dealt with Orlando previously I knew I would get a good experience. I started the process August 1st with a closing Sept 1st. Orlando did everything he could to meet this deadline. He ran into a few stumbling blocks and he worked diligently to get the loan approved. Even the real estate agent thought he was covering all the bases and was a stickler for detail.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

These people bought my mortgage from another company. I have a perfect payment history and never been late. I have always paid my payment out of my first check of the month. Never had a problem. These thieves take over and my first check is in Oct. was the 6th. I get a Phone call saying I'm late and they are charging me a penalty and they can help me learn to pay on time. Whole thing is a huge insult. No reputable mortgage company would consider me late there. It's just a scam to steal a few bucks. I'm sure they are working on more scams as we speak. I'm looking for a refi.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Thanks to a friend for referring us to Vinh ** of Pacific Union Financial. Together we pulled the necessary documents to refinance our home loan. Vinh ** was able to work through some errors on our part and some technology hang ups on their end making for a smooth process from start to finish. Once again Vinh ** carried the ball across the finish line for us. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Throughout the entire loan process, Orlando was proactive and extremely helpful. I have utilized Mr. ** for several refinancing of my home and has always been professional, organized, and an excellent communicator. I have in the past and will continue in the future to recommend Orlando ** to anyone who asks.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Mortgages are supposed to be the most stressful part of buying a house, but it was BY FAR the best & easiest part of the whole process. Eric ** with Pacific Union was so professional, so helpful, so informative. I loved receiving email videos that explained what had happened & what was coming next. The realtor selling my house said this was the best mortgage company he's ever worked with. I could not be happier with Pacific Union & I am already recommending them to everyone who mentions that they're on the market for a house!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We found Pacific Union to be a great place to get a loan. Our loan officer kept us informed through the whole process. It was also completed within the time frame that they had quoted. We would highly recommend Pacific Union if you are considering a home mortgage.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Eric ** helped me purchase my first home. Eric was very professional and trustworthy. I look forward to buying my next house in the near future and will most definitely use Eric to procure a loan. Thank you Eric!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Thank you Stan ** for getting the loan done even though it was a long process but you was there every step of the way. I would recommend you to anyone. It feels good to own my own home and call it mine.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

As a first time homeowner, the mortgage process seemed daunting. That was until I started working with Orlando ** from Pacific Union. His vast knowledge and experience completely put me at ease, as he walked me through the entire experience. Orlando was also always available to answer my many questions and provide me with accurate information. He was able to quickly secure my loan along with a great rate. Closing went as smooth as it could. I have already referred him to 2 family members, and will continue to do so!

Pacific Union Financial Company Information

2004
    Irving
    TX
    www.pacificunionfinancial.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use