Call toll free
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Pacific Debt Relief offers a full range of debt relief services. While fees might be as high as 25%, it’s worth it if it helps you escape the cycle of debt.

PROS

• Free consultation
  • Option to avoid bankruptcy
  • Full range of debt relief services

CONS

• Fees as high as 25%

Top Pacific Debt Inc Reviews

Pacific Debt always was responsive and treated me with utmost respect. I was able to cut my debt load by 40% and completed the program in half the anticipated time. I will never have to use their service again but would recommend them to anyone.

The cost is fair and I really like how they have handled the process overall. They have been on top of it and calling me, and it's been good. It's a tough decision to make given the consequences but it has been making up for the lapse.

About Pacific Debt Inc

Pacific Debt Inc. offers a full range of debt relief services for people on the brink of bankruptcy or looking to reduce their long-term liabilities. The company has more than 20 years of experience in the industry and is accredited by the American Fair Credit Council and many trade publications.

How does Pacific Debt work?

If you have $10,000 or more in debt, Pacific Debt works with your creditors to attempt to find a solution. The company does not guarantee debt relief, but it has helped thousands of satisfied customers. To work with Pacific Debt, start by using the company's website for a free consultation.

If you qualify for its debt settlement services, the company’s representatives help you set up an account that you pay an agreed amount into each month. Pacific Debt uses the funds that accrue in this account to negotiate with your creditors on your behalf.

Pacific Debt services

There are several ways to deal with overwhelming debt. Pacific Debt has four primary service categories:

• Pacific debt management: Pacific Debt offers management services that walk you through the process of taking control of your finances. Debt management with Pacific Debt typically includes changing your spending habits and exploring other options, including debt consolidation, debt settlement and, in certain scenarios, bankruptcy.
  • Pacific debt consolidation: If you have several sources of debt and are having difficulty making the minimum payments, Pacific Debt can help. The company refinances your various debts into one easy-to-pay loan. This makes it easier for you to stay on top of your payments and may reduce the amount you owe each month.
  • Pacific debt settlement: If you have a lot of unsecured debt and are struggling to make the minimum payments, Pacific Debt attempts to lower your obligations by negotiating with your creditors. Each month, you’ll deposit money into an account that Pacific Debt employees use to attempt to settle your debt for a lump sum that is less than the total amount you owe.
  • Bankruptcy: If you cannot get out from under your debt, Pacific Debt walks you through the process of declaring bankruptcy. This is the last step when other options to reduce your debt do not work.

Pacific Debt FAQ

How much does Pacific Debt cost?
Each case is different. Depending on the type of debt relief you are seeking, Pacific debt fees for debt settlement range from 10% to 25% of the money saved. While the company does not provide financing, its partners offer rates ranging from 5% to 36% for debt consolidation loans.
How does Pacific Debt affect your credit?
Debt settlement services typically hurt your credit score, and Pacific Debt’s program is no different. However, defaulting on your debts also harms your credit, so moving in a positive direction by finding relief is typically a better option.

Do we recommend Pacific Debt?

If you’re feeling overwhelmed by debt, Pacific Debt offers several options to help. While all debt relief services may hurt your credit score, working with Pacific Debt may be able to right your financial ship. The company, accredited by multiple organizations and trade publications, walks you through the entire process, from a free quote to resolution. For this reason, we recommend Pacific Debt Inc.

Pacific Debt Inc Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Pacific Debt had a really good rating, and they were able to help me with my massive debt. They gave me an affordable monthly payment amount and they would directly pay my debtors and try to negotiate the settlement prices on the debt to a lower one, so I was able to afford it all. The only thing I didn't like was having to wait six months being so severely in debt, but that was the only way to get the negotiation down. Of course my credit was hit horribly, but other than that, I have enjoyed my experience with them.

My personal account manager Josh was amazing. He was always very patient with me and answered all my questions in detail. Anything that he couldn't answer, he figured it out and then contacted me back. It was always an open communication. It was very professional and satisfying. He reassured me a lot and helped me with the process and how it worked. I didn't like where I was with my debt, but they didn't treat me like I was some loser that racked up all this debt and then couldn't pay it back. They spelled out everything to me ahead of time, what was gonna happen and each time it happened, so I was aware of what was happening at the time. I was not blind about anything when I got into the program and how it was. They were excellent.

Pacific Debt fit me with the payment that I was comfortable with and could afford. And as I got more independent and added a little bit more on hand, I was able to increase my payments to them, so that way it was getting paid off even quicker. For the first time in my life, I don't have any credit card debt, and I love it. Overall it's a good experience. It's a little rocky at first, but that's only 'cause I'm not the type of person to be late on a payment. It's still worth it towards the end.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I ran into financial difficulties and I needed to try and get myself cleared out. I had to eliminate debts because I couldn’t pay them. I checked out Pacific Debt after I talked with them and they were rated pretty high. I know there are a lot of companies out there now but they seemed to be about as good as anybody. So, I went with them and my experience has been great so far. I got into a debt resolution program on my credit cards and they had it figured out for almost a complete four-year program. I enrolled approximately four months ago and right now, they're waiting. It’ll be about another month then they’ll start talking with the credit card companies and making arrangements. The reps I’ve dealt with have been good and they’ve answered all the questions I've asked. And they contact me a minimum of once a month.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience thus far. We look forward to assisting you through this process and will be in touch with you each step of the way.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I did some research online and Pacific Debt was the highest rated. Other people who has worked with them seemed satisfied and Pacific Debt’s methods of handling the accounts and everything was straightforward. I had a couple of credit cards that I was looking to refinance because they were too high as well as my credit percentage. So, they consolidated it into one account and helped me get a lower payment to get rid of all of it. I was told what I owed and how they were bound to a certain level, given negotiations with the bank. I had a set credit amount that I pay every month but the said amount of what I would be paying went up. They said that I had to pay a little bit more because I would have to pay a monthly fee of my credit card at a time. It made sense but I was never told about this in the beginning.

The personal account manager was quick to respond and very up-to-date on emails. Usually, they would respond the same day. The consultant had a way of making sure I knew everything that was going on and what I was getting into, and prepared for working with them. If I had any questions, their reps would either call me directly or email me whenever I preferred and they would explain it usually in a very modern way. You don't have to understand banking or credit too much to understand the way that they are handling things. The customer support was great and they were attentive. Even if my guy was not available, somebody else would reach out to me. Working with Pacific Debt made things a lot more stress-free.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our program. I see your account is assigned to our Client Care team currently and you are in great hands. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all and continue to send in those creditor statements as you received them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a need and I found Pacific Debt on the internet. I talked to them to try to get my debts settled. They explained that you have to deposit into an arbitration account, a firm, which is equivalent to the money that you owe, broken down into smaller payments. And then they use that allocation of funds and go see a lower balance and a lower payout for them to get to and resolve the issues, and get them resolved on your credit report. I had about 25,000 worth of debt and Pacific Debt have broken down the payments about four into the month, which was important. However, I was really concerned about the fact that you had to wait six months and basically let the accounts default before they would transact.

I’m about three months in the process and I need to turn some documents in to continue. I knew about keeping everything on a legit standpoint as far as giving them the power of attorney and all. Michael, the person that I worked with was really diligent. He called me several times and tried to get me to send documents. They need to be a little more clear though on what the cost is involved at the beginning. I didn’t really understand it at first. They had to explain it several times for me to get clued in on what exactly the process was. They were ambiguous at the beginning. But I felt very comfortable working with them after I understood everything. They were really responsive to any questions I had, whether that be by email or by telephone. Pacific Debt is a good program. As a consumer, you gotta ask questions and do your due diligence.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had some credit card debt and I read a few articles online. Pacific Debt was one of the companies that were recommended. When I contacted them, they were persistent in calling and emailing me. The earlier neglect on their part was, in one way, they wanted my business and on the other hand, they were patient. But they were efficient and also persistent on following up and with certain updates when I got to discuss.

They got my information as far as the creditors and the amounts. Then they set up an account where I could deposit some of my savings so that they could start settling with some of them. They also asked questions, like what my expectations were, and they gave me all the options. That was how I was able to understand the program, how quickly it could be done and what needed to be done as far as the payment. They worked with me on the payment plan and were very flexible. They understood what I was able to contribute. There was the possibility to accept higher payment amounts and also, reasonable monthly amount based on my regional state budget.

Nicole was also very easy to understand and she understood my emergency and my needs. She started working on it as soon as she got the account and she would email. She was very prompt and to the point. I was impressed with her readiness in letting me know what to expect as far as settling the amounts. She provided realistic expectations. Since then, they've been able to settle and I was impressed with the speed by which I was able to settle with some of the creditors. There are two small accounts left that they’re working on to resolve by the end of the year and by the end of the month. Pacific Debt has made things quicker based on what I could do. The information provided was valuable and working with them gave me some peace of mind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Pacific Debt's service was excellent and the program was good. My two account managers were professional and I was comfortable interacting them. I talked to them two or three times on the phone and some stuff through text. They got a hold with all my creditors and gave me a good monthly payment. The agreed amount was fine. I even increased it to another $100 later on. They made payment over a certain amount of time and their settlement program didn't take as long as I thought it would. I'm now done with it and so far, my credit is better. I've got more money, less debt and less stress, too. It was a good experience, overall. If somebody would be in the same boat, I'd tell them to go to Pacific Debt and they'll help them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Pacific Debt helped me consolidate my credit card debt. My representative was good. He had very good communication with me and gave me the details before moving forward with anything. So, it was good. They asked me what payment plan was comfortable for me and we went from there. The program is pretty good the way it is. It’s helping me build my credit back up. It’s working for me so far.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

When I was getting into debt, I used Pacific Debt again. Sometimes though, their account manager could interact better with me. I've reached out to them and it has taken days for them to respond and get back to me. For my payment plan, their reps would contact me and let me know that they've made a settlement. Then, they would send me the paperwork to sign off on. They explain everything too. Other than the communication issue, everything’s been really good with the program. I’ve enjoyed it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I have credit card debt and after going online and searching, I went with Pacific Debt. Thus far, they've been sending me an email every month to let me know I can go online. I'll be done with the process in December and I'm happy and excited that it's almost over. Pacific Debt did a good job. Everything was straight up.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

My friend recommended Pacific Debt to me. My experience with Pacific Debt has been going well. However, I contacted the number that I was texting someone and no one has answered back to me what I was asking. And I still haven’t viewed the account where the money has been going. But the process was easy. The rep explained everything as well. I feel comfortable with the payment too.

Pacific Debt Inc Company Information