4.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Pacific Debt was founded in order to address the growing tide of consumer debt in America. Today, Pacific Debt is a leader in the debt settlement field. The company settles millions of dollars in consumer debt each month, while maintaining the original vision of a consumer friendly experience. Above all, the biggest difference between Pacific Debt and many of its competitors, is the personal level of service the consumer receives throughout the process. From enrollment to client care and account management, Pacific Debt cares about their customers and their satisfaction.

Pacific Debt can service the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Virginia.

View More View More

528 Pacific Debt Inc Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 7, 2019

I did some research online and Pacific Debt was the highest rated. Other people who has worked with them seemed satisfied and Pacific Debt’s methods of handling the accounts and everything was straightforward. I had a couple of credit cards that I was looking to refinance because they were too high as well as my credit percentage. So, they consolidated it into one account and helped me get a lower payment to get rid of all of it. I was told what I owed and how they were bound to a certain level, given negotiations with the bank. I had a set credit amount that I pay every month but the said amount of what I would be paying went up. They said that I had to pay a little bit more because I would have to pay a monthly fee of my credit card at a time. It made sense but I was never told about this in the beginning.

The personal account manager was quick to respond and very up-to-date on emails. Usually, they would respond the same day. The consultant had a way of making sure I knew everything that was going on and what I was getting into, and prepared for working with them. If I had any questions, their reps would either call me directly or email me whenever I preferred and they would explain it usually in a very modern way. You don't have to understand banking or credit too much to understand the way that they are handling things. The customer support was great and they were attentive. Even if my guy was not available, somebody else would reach out to me. Working with Pacific Debt made things a lot more stress-free.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our program. I see your account is assigned to our Client Care team currently and you are in great hands. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all and continue to send in those creditor statements as you received them.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a need and I found Pacific Debt on the internet. I talked to them to try to get my debts settled. They explained that you have to deposit into an arbitration account, a firm, which is equivalent to the money that you owe, broken down into smaller payments. And then they use that allocation of funds and go see a lower balance and a lower payout for them to get to and resolve the issues, and get them resolved on your credit report. I had about 25,000 worth of debt and Pacific Debt have broken down the payments about four into the month, which was important. However, I was really concerned about the fact that you had to wait six months and basically let the accounts default before they would transact.

I’m about three months in the process and I need to turn some documents in to continue. I knew about keeping everything on a legit standpoint as far as giving them the power of attorney and all. Michael, the person that I worked with was really diligent. He called me several times and tried to get me to send documents. They need to be a little more clear though on what the cost is involved at the beginning. I didn’t really understand it at first. They had to explain it several times for me to get clued in on what exactly the process was. They were ambiguous at the beginning. But I felt very comfortable working with them after I understood everything. They were really responsive to any questions I had, whether that be by email or by telephone. Pacific Debt is a good program. As a consumer, you gotta ask questions and do your due diligence.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had some credit card debt and I read a few articles online. Pacific Debt was one of the companies that were recommended. When I contacted them, they were persistent in calling and emailing me. The earlier neglect on their part was, in one way, they wanted my business and on the other hand, they were patient. But they were efficient and also persistent on following up and with certain updates when I got to discuss.

They got my information as far as the creditors and the amounts. Then they set up an account where I could deposit some of my savings so that they could start settling with some of them. They also asked questions, like what my expectations were, and they gave me all the options. That was how I was able to understand the program, how quickly it could be done and what needed to be done as far as the payment. They worked with me on the payment plan and were very flexible. They understood what I was able to contribute. There was the possibility to accept higher payment amounts and also, reasonable monthly amount based on my regional state budget.

Nicole was also very easy to understand and she understood my emergency and my needs. She started working on it as soon as she got the account and she would email. She was very prompt and to the point. I was impressed with her readiness in letting me know what to expect as far as settling the amounts. She provided realistic expectations. Since then, they've been able to settle and I was impressed with the speed by which I was able to settle with some of the creditors. There are two small accounts left that they’re working on to resolve by the end of the year and by the end of the month. Pacific Debt has made things quicker based on what I could do. The information provided was valuable and working with them gave me some peace of mind.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I had challenges with the rise in interest rates, I just went through divorce, my son was in college and had moved, and I just took a new job but it wasn't the same salary. So, it was a confluence of a perfect storm for needing help. Pacific Debt stuck out based on my personal research on them, and they were the best choice. My personal account manager answered the questions that I had. She was clear on the program and where we were at in the program, and she gave me her contact information. My payment plan was cut and dried. They told me what they'd do and what it would cost me.

There have been a lot of stuff that I’ve been dealing with, and I've had less stress since working with Pacific Debt. They have been consistent with their contact to me. The woman working on my individual plans did a really good job. I would recommend Pacific Debt. They've done what they said they were gonna do. It's a good place to start for your research and they are gonna help you out.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

A guy called and said something about helping me get rid of my credit card. I talked to him and asked him some questions, but I wasn’t convinced by his answers. I went online and started doing some research. A guy who researched several companies that dealt with alleviating credit card debt came up and Pacific Debt was one of the companies that he referred.

Pacific Debt was the only one that called me back. The first guy that I talked to didn’t call back when he said he would, and when I asked if the program would hurt my credit, he said it won’t hurt my credit. When Pacific Debt called, I asked the guy some questions and I was pleased with the answers because he was truthful. He said that it was gonna hurt my credit but I'm trying to get out of debt and when I get out of debt, my credit is gonna look great. I set up everything with Pacific Debt and they started automatically taking off the funds. They took care of everything for me and told me what to do so I wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the creditors. I didn’t have to worry about anything. All I had to do was to have the money ready for them to withdraw from my account. Then when the debt was settled with whatever card company I was with, I always get something in writing. And then at the end, I got the whole thing.

They were upfront and explained every little thing. They never did anything without contacting me first and let me know what they were gonna do. Everybody was very pleasant, personable, and professional. They weren’t so stringent that they couldn’t make you feel comfortable with them and laugh. It was a three-year program and I’ve been done for almost a year. Although I have a credit card that I use for emergencies, I found out that I don’t need credit cards to live and just use my debit card or cash. I’ll also use the layaways. I have more accessible cash now and I’m not spending every dime I have to pay a credit card bill. I had a very pleasant experience and I love Pacific Debt.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. As you mentioned, many of our competitors have misleading sales practices. We do our best to enroll fully informed clients and set proper expectations. We want you to understand all of the pros and cons before you enroll. Once enrolled, our goal is to over-deliver and provide a 5 star client experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Debt Inc?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

My friend recommended Pacific Debt to me. My experience with Pacific Debt has been going well. However, I contacted the number that I was texting someone and no one has answered back to me what I was asking. And I still haven’t viewed the account where the money has been going. But the process was easy. The rep explained everything as well. I feel comfortable with the payment too.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Everything’s been super simple with the Pacific Debt process. The debt personal account manager has been informative and answered all my questions. I'm just starting and I feel it’s gonna work out really well. Everything’s perfect and I couldn’t ask for more.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I shopped around and liked the Pacific Debt's approach. I read quite a bit and I was informed about how they commission and how they work so I was a bit more prepared to negotiate a better deal. I had a friend that actually went through the process so that helped me as well and made up my mind that I wanted to do it. The cost is fair and I really like how they have handled the process overall. They have been on top of it and calling me, and it's been good. It's a tough decision to make given the consequences but it has been making up for the lapse.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I ran into financial difficulties and I needed to try and get myself cleared out. I had to eliminate debts because I couldn’t pay them. I checked out Pacific Debt after I talked with them and they were rated pretty high. I know there are a lot of companies out there now but they seemed to be about as good as anybody. So, I went with them and my experience has been great so far. I got into a debt resolution program on my credit cards and they had it figured out for almost a complete four-year program. I enrolled approximately four months ago and right now, they're waiting. It’ll be about another month then they’ll start talking with the credit card companies and making arrangements. The reps I’ve dealt with have been good and they’ve answered all the questions I've asked. And they contact me a minimum of once a month.

Pacific Debt Inc response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience thus far. We look forward to assisting you through this process and will be in touch with you each step of the way.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Due to medical problems, I enrolled with Pacific Debt. I did that over the phone and it was pretty easy. Their customer service was professional and they were very good to me. I got a hold of them easily. They set me up on a good payment plan. It was straightforward and I understood it on the first go around. But I had to stop with the program for personal reasons.

Pacific Debt Inc expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2002, Pacific Debt Inc. was created to address the rise of consumer debt in the United States. Since its founding, Pacific Debt has settled millions of dollars in consumer debt each month by offering counseling and solutions that put the customer first.

• Free educational resources: Pacific Debt has several free educational resources posted online with subjects like basic budgeting tips, money management advice for newlyweds, insurance purchasing guides and more.

• Client Care: Pacific Debt has a small team of dedicated Client Care professionals to help consumers gather the right documents, manage creditor calls and anything else they need.

• Personal Account Manager: When clients start settling their debts, Pacific Debt assigns them Personal Account Managers. These managers give each consumer personal attention and work closely with consumers to keep them up to date on their progress or any upcoming negotiations.

• Blog: Pacific Debt hosts a blog to keep consumers up to date with articles about debt and financial management.

• Free consultation: Consumers can get a free consultation with a debt specialist to see if Pacific Debt’s services are right for them.

• Best for: consumers who are looking for debt solutions from a company that focuses on tailored customer service.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg