4.8/5 (56 ratings)

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Oxford Gold Group

Oxford Gold Group is a precious metals investment firm based out of Beverly Hills, California. The company offers self-directed precious metal IRAs and specializes in helping you meet your retirement goals by tailoring investment strategies to fit your needs through the acquisition of precious metals.

Find Gold Dealers near you

Pros

• Transparent fees
    • Two depository options
    • Gold, silver, platinum and palladium options

Cons

• No online purchases
    • No online application

Bottom Line

Oxford Gold Group is an investment firm that offers precious metals and self-directed retirement accounts. It has a number of benefits, as long as you’re fine contacting the company by phone or email.

Oxford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?

Original review: July 9, 2020

This group is definitely way above the cut. I am retired and new to Precious Metals. You can imagine how difficult this decision was for me. It was the opposite of everything I have been taught. My stock broker from a very reputable large company told me Gold is not a tangible asset (Yes – he REALLY said that). But as Dr. Seuss once wrote, “In the places I go, there are things that I see - That I never could spell if I stopped with the Z. I’m telling you this ‘cause you’re one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends” (On Beyond Zebra). Dr. Seuss wrote this well before the Think Outside the Box era in the sixties. Basically, if you follow the herd.… where will that get you?

I interviewed 6 companies for an IRA Precious Metals Account (list from Retirement Living recommendations). I was turned off by most. So many un-truths. What? They didn’t think I would check? It was a big investment for me. Despite being new to metals, I was really impressed by Patrick and John (the 2 people I dealt with). They spent a considerable amount of time with me. I remember the best Real Estate Agent I have ever dealt with, finally told me her secret - her mentor. Her mentor taught her the only difference between an $80,000 dollar home, and a 2 million dollar home is the market you are dealing with. In other words, all customers are treated the same. It was my third or fourth conversation with OGG before I TOLD THEM what I was going to invest. I was always treated like a million-dollar customer. They were very patient. (Don’t you forget to be kind to others. Reap what you sow.)

Don’t go into this thinking you are going to make a short term killing (you could actually – usually eventually not immediately) or that you can hold for less than 3 years and make a great profit (maybe you will - especially if an economic bubble bursts or several go to the “Bermuda Triangle” of economics). Remember that Precious Metals have a cycle – you have to hold long enough to make the expected profit. My research showed there were 6 MAJOR gold cycles since the early 1900’s. The Oxford Gold Group makes a habit of touching base with you every couple of months, or sooner if you need it. They explained in detail how to best profit from PM’s. I read this on countless number of articles, once I knew what I was looking for – their brochure did a great job of explaining everything. Trust it. Ask them why they started their own business and you will clearly understand.

By the way, given the amount of dollars our country is printing, the fact that the US dollar is no longer the reserve currency in 23 countries, and the political difficulties we are seeing – I believe this is a great hedge for your money. I read countless of reports stating this. The wealthy (not me - maybe on the right track) always hedge with Precious Metals. I am not hoping for the worse, I actually hope the opposite for this country. Proud American. I really like what I bought and I believe it is one of the better investments this year (2020). Be a GOOD and careful listener to your options (it’s YOUR money).

I can hardly wait to also open a non-IRA account with them. Not there yet. I have invested the money that I will not need for several years. At least I have 20% of my assets protected if things do get a lot worse in this country. By the way, once I took the plunge, I was very much “Welcomed into their Family!”. Always do business with people you trust or connect with. Always put your skin in the game. I did a lot of listening to people I absolutely knew were con artists and I would NOT go with. I am not an engineer, but I was raised by one. (Do yourself a favor – just talk to OGG, read their info, make sure you understand the details, and go with these guys. Their name says it all. Hey Dad, I finally went to Oxford!)

Bj

Original review: July 9, 2020

I was wanting to invest in silver. Somebody told me about Oxford, and they helped me with purchasing silver. I worked with Matt. He was very knowledgeable on the gold and the silver and letting me know the prices and what I was getting. He was really good and he followed up about when my shipment was gonna come out and when I was gonna receive it. He was very nice and was very patient with all my questions, so he was really great. I was pretty comfortable working with him. I contacted him back a second time to purchase more. I would definitely tell others to give Matt a call over there at Oxford.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I went to Oxford first but I don't go through them anymore. The service is not bad. It's just that their premium went up too high. Once they got the money, it did take them a long time for me to see and receive my stuff, and I had to call about it. Then when the stock market went down, their premium went so high. It was pathetic. Then I found somebody where they probably get their stuff from, so I don't use them anymore.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Kelly is a star. She is a fine, trustworthy person who is Intelligent, well informed, patient and caring. Most of all, I TRUST HER. I will only buy gold from Kelly. I've worked with her for over 5 years. She is, quite simply, the best in the business. The customer is her main concern, as it should be.

Charles F. **, MD, FACP, FACG

Original review: July 7, 2020

I read few of the reviews and Oxford looked good. I called them and talked to Mike. He seemed like a good guy and knowledgeable that's why I went with them. Their customer service is excellent. They were on it and they never pressured me. When I called, they answered. I highly recommend Oxford.

Resolution response: July 28, 2020

At the time I bought it was just at a time when premiums were high across the board.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The premiums were not explained to me as well as they should've been. At first, I was led to believe the premiums would be about 20%, but it ended being much more than that.

Original review: July 5, 2020

After talking with Oxford, they seemed to be genuine and their customer service seemed to be really good. I talked to a number of companies and they seemed to be the better of them all. I was impressed with Patrick, the guy I dealt with. I liked his follow through and commitment. He was patient enough to explain everything more than probably a dozen times. I didn't talk to him then just purchase from them immediately. It took some time. He didn't try to lead me one way or another. He wanted to inform me of the different products and what was out there and leave it up to me versus it being his decision and me coming back and saying, "Hey, it's not working like you said."

Oxford has been fine so far. My only one concern is that last month, I tried looking at the website again and it was not available. I'm guessing not many people, even once they have the product, are going to go to look at their website regularly but it would've been really great to know.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Just received our product. With the Coronavirus delivery times are taking a bit longer so be prepared for that. We worked with Pierre and I’d do it again. He was patient with all of our questions and willing to share some personal insight. The product is beautiful and the shipping is free. We will definitely be back to Oxford Gold Group.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Oxford was honest about what they talked about and the guy that I bought from was real good in explaining which would be the best. I really liked that so I went with them and they are real good. I was looking for an investment when I bought from Oxford. If you leave something long enough, it'll make you some money. Gold was paying off better than anything I could find that's why I went that way. The way this economy is going, it isn't gonna last very much longer. The bank’s saying they haven't felt the brunt of this yet. I think we're gonna have a real bad depression. It is not safe keeping money like that in a bank when they'd turn around and do the same thing I did and buy gold with it. Let me be the one that makes the money instead of them.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The rep was good and well-spoken. He was calm and collected. He knew the answers to my questions and explained it very thoroughly. Given the current economic climate, it's more of a safety net rather than an investment. If it grows, happy days, but if our currency goes to mimic that of Venezuela's, then we'll be in trouble. However, due to everything that's happening at the moment, I haven't received my order yet.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I’m not totally well versed in the commodities business but I do know how great of an investment it is. So when I went out to find the right team to help me invest and buy these guys were by far the best. They were more concerned with educating me and helping to understand the best way to invest and were super transparent about everything. They made me feel comfortable and secure even though a lot of this stuff was new to me. I’ll definitely be buying from them again. Service is on another level and I dealt with sales rep Matt who really walked me through everything so well. Super happy with the experience. A lot of these companies can feel unwelcoming and these guys at Oxford made it a great experience.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I highly recommend Oxford Gold Group to anyone that I talk to about precious metals. They made it so easy for me to move a portion of my 401k to a silver IRA. I’m definitely a loyal customer going forward.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I had the exception privilege of working under the expertise, guidance, and professionalism of Oxford Gold Group Sr. Accounts Manager Mr. Pierre **. He was instrumental in helping me to develop my portfolio to meet my expected financial needs. Always there to answer all my questions. Timely follow-up e-mails and personal text messages provided the concerned touch. Everything was explained crystal clear. He was always just above Spot on during his analysis and his performance was/is Proof positive to his chosen profession. Thanks Pierre....

Original review: June 29, 2020

After dealing with a number of dealers I feel like I finally talked to some real people who knows Gold and Silver coins. I have bought several times from Ped & recommended them to my son and a others. Very Trustworthy.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Jarred handled my first two purchases and I can’t say enough as to his professionalism and knowledge of the products he sells. I decided yesterday to purchase additional coins from Oxford because of him. No words can express how much I trust his judgement and the attention he gives to his customers. I will in the near future probably purchase additional gold and Jarred will be the first and only one who will get my business.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Exceptional service again! I appreciate, not only the great service, but also the quality of the product. I have been very pleased with each of the three transactions I’ve done with John **. I’ve already recommended John and Oxford to several friends and would do so again in the future.

Oxford Gold Group Company Information

www.oxfordgoldgroup.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: