Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (52 ratings)

About Oxford Gold Group

Oxford Gold Group is a precious metals investment firm based out of Beverly Hills, California. The company offers self-directed precious metal IRAs and specializes in helping you meet your retirement goals by tailoring investment strategies to fit your needs through the acquisition of precious metals.

Pros

• Transparent fees
  • Two depository options
  • Gold, silver, platinum and palladium options

Cons

• No online purchases
  • No online application

Bottom Line

Oxford Gold Group is an investment firm that offers precious metals and self-directed retirement accounts. It has a number of benefits, as long as you’re fine contacting the company by phone or email.

Oxford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?

Original review: March 27, 2021

If you're a new precious metals buyer, you'll probably have a lot of questions like I did. When I contacted Oxford Gold Group, I was put in contact with Kelly **. Was confident in purchasing them. Kelly walked me through the whole process and made easy. Kudos to you Kelly and Oxford Gold Group!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Had the pleasure of working with Pierre ** to understand the precious metals market and processes for an IRA rollover as well as a direct metals purchases. Pierre's professional demeanor and thorough education quickly brought my comfort level up such that I initiated the transactions. Kenia ** walked me through the inherited IRA rollover paperwork and insured accuracy and compliance to regulations. I was fortunate to have had their help and support as a team in executing my first precious metals transactions. Highly recommend OGG.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Pierre ** is superb! He went out of his way to explain to me the pros and cons of each type of precious metal. He understood that I am a neophyte in this type of investment. Most of all, he gave me a very good deal in my precious metals purchase for my SD-IRA. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my precious metals mentor at Oxford Gold Group. Kudos to him!

Original review: March 4, 2021

My experience with Oxfords was outstanding. They kept me well informed and the transactions I needed to make were as smooth as possibly could be. Great value and customer service. In particular, the personal education and guidance they give you is presented so as to give you a clear overall picture of one's assets..

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Jody took me on a journey of Gold and Silver and I wish this knowledge was with me before I had got the broker I had and because of her profession and service to my portfolio and now it is wealthier. Contact Jody ** and your financial future will be secured.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

As a new client, and first time buyer of precious metals, Matt was the best at holding my hand and fully answering any “stupid” questions I had. He completely put me at ease and reassured me about my purchase. I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in the market. He is truly the epitome of customer service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Pierre is a very professional representative for Oxford Gold Group. He is quite knowledgeable about the products offered and has the unique ability to help one understand the intricate processes of purchasing fine metals. Pierre is by far the go to standard for all others seeking precious metals. I cannot imagine going through this process with one less equipped to address questions and supplying the proper answer. Pierre is by far my choice to assist me with my buying questions and needs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

My wife Jade and I cannot say enough good about Matt **. He was a true gentleman to work with all while being personable and professional. He was able to answer all of our questions and provide us comfort with our decision. We were very new going into the purchase and Matt made the entire experience informative while providing a relaxed atmosphere. We will be contacting him for future purchases.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I have to admit, I did not know what I was getting into, but after almost 2 hours on the phone with Jody, I knew what I wanted. She was friendly, very professional, very knowledgeable on the background of gold. Once we went over what I was looking to do and explaining to me the different categories of gold, we found the perfect package for me. If you ever have any questions, she is there for you with a quick response. I look forward to watching my purchase grow with Oxford Gold Group and I highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

While it’s taking longer than I expected, it was still increasing in value and the courtesy I received was special. I have recommended Matt to several friends. The COVID-19 was the reason shipping was slower than normal. Thank you Matt, I also enjoyed the learning experience I received.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Helpful, and engaging! Pierre ** answered all of my questions and I feel at ease about reaching out when I am ready to make the investment. Pierre also provided me additional resources such as the Oxford Gold Group delivery guide. Thank you again for your prompt reply and professional assistance.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Jodi ** provided information about pros and cons for every gold/silver purchase. She attended to my personal goals and situation, provided advice, and never pressured me to make my purchase in line with her advice. I am pleased with the quality of the silver and gold bars that I recently purchased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Matt ** is great portfolio Manager. He is patient to guide customer what is good to buy/keep either for short or long terms, responsive to customer's concern and follow-thru/keep customer up to date per purchase. Recommended!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I did a little submission to Oxford Gold Group and then they let me have their free investment brochures that tells me who they are and what they're about. I got a phone call from Matt from the gold group and we talked. I wasn't gonna buy silver because the price was starting to go up. But he changed my mind and I'm very glad he did. As soon as I started talking to him, I had a good feeling because he didn't try to sell me like a normal high-pressure salesman. He was more or less giving me information. I felt he was honest telling me what he knows. He has experience and knowledge. I've made a couple of purchases and I'm still waiting on the second one. There could be a huge delay because of silver making points, COVID-19, and the price of silver. Other than that, so far, I'm very happy with Matt and Oxford Gold Group.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Previously, I had an investment that wasn't good. I got the money out of it and invested in Gold and Silver through Oxford after talking to three different investment companies. The rep from Oxford was more genuine than those from other companies. He was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions and listened to where I was coming from. He didn't push nor did he make it seem like I was talking to someone who was trying to sell me something. He told me to let him know when I'm ready. It seemed like I was talking to a friend. Oxford's investment is there with mine and it's like they've got as much to lose as me if I go down.

Original review: July 28, 2020

A year or two ago, I was with Oxford Gold and my experience was not good. I was promised several gold coins and I never got them. Their advertising group is false. They are fakes.

Oxford Gold Group response

Mr. ** - you placed your order with the Oxford Gold Group on March 16, 2020 - not a year or two ago. You ordered silver coins from us - not gold coins. You never paid for your order, nor did you return our phone calls or emails. After trying to contact you for over 1-month, we finally gave up and cancelled your order. We think you may have us mistaken with another company, as we did not have any contact with you until March of this year. Precious metals companies never send products before receiving payment for those products. We apologize if you had a bad experience with another precious metals company.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Oxford Gold's rep sounded like he had my values. I could understand him and I believed him. He was a very nice fellow. I wanted to invest in gold and he talked me into investing in silver. So far, things have been good.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Oxford had a better deal than everybody else. My rep Matt who is very knowledgeable gave me a few different options for investments. I picked the one that made the most sense and since then, I've already made money on it.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Relatives of mine were investing in gold and silver and suggested that to me. I invested through the Oxford Gold Group and the rep who helped me was great. He was super helpful in making sure that the process was going well and made everything super easy. Things have been well so far and I feel good about working with Oxford.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I was trying to do something quick and I did a little research on the internet. With the reviews that I read about Oxford, they seemed like a good place and I went with them. It's the first time I ever did anything with silver. I wanted to find silver but I didn't really know what I was doing. Patrick didn't try and steer me one way or the other, but he was telling me what he thought and he said, "Do what you wanna do." I was very at ease with him. One of his associates that helped me did one thing, and then the other guy did the actual transference because I took money from a 401 put it in. They were both great. The price of silver went up a lot since I bought it. I'm not into it for any crazy amount of money but it's good. I'm thinking about calling them up because I made some money on the silver and maybe taking the money that I made and buying something else. It looks good on paper.

Original review: July 23, 2020

They sold product to me and it was a long wait but I got the product as promised. I have gone with other companies and Oxford gives their prices for their products. But the delivery time with other companies are much faster.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Oxford Gold looked like a real ethical company and they had an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau. I liked Red Rock Secured too, but the Oxford rep was the best to deal with. He seemed so concerned and so willing to make sure you understood everything and interested in helping you. It’s good to have a little bit of gold and silver. It took quite a while to get the coins with this pandemic. It took about six weeks but that was okay.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rep at Oxford Gold was really nice. I bought some physical silver. It is an investment to hopefully sell back someday. I was satisfied with them. I wish I just had a lot more money to invest 'cause it has gone up since I purchased that.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I sought to invest in silver and gold through the Oxford Gold Group. The rep whom I worked with was pleasant and very informative. He was very attentive and answered all my questions. He was quick to respond too. I'm satisfied with their service. I got everything I wanted. Just last week, someone was asking who I bought from and I sent that person Oxford's information.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I worked with a rep from Oxford who was politely persistent. That's a good balance in my opinion.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Matt from Oxford called me and we talked probably a good 5 or 10 times. He's very helpful and explained to me the ups and downs and the benefits of gold and the benefits of silver. I was very happy with the experience. It was excellent. I'm doing this more for an investment. In case things do go any worse than what they already do on this country and in case our monetary system has a little bit of a problem, I've got some silver that I know is gonna always be good anywhere as backup currency. It's more of a brokerage insurance than it is an IRA for me. The only thing I'd like to do is I wish I had my silver in hand. But part of what I bought is a new mint and because of the COVID virus, it's delaying the pressing of these coins.

Original review: July 14, 2020

When I decided to look into different companies, Oxford had a good rating so I tried them. The person who I've dealt with has been personable. He tries to keep me informed and I can reach him if I need him. That's been a positive thing. This is my first time dealing with this type of account. When I was with the other company and I was just doing a traditional 401k, money got deposited and I just left it alone. Sometimes for years, I didn't talk to anybody. I would definitely recommend that people look to alternative measures because what we've become accustomed to is not really that viable these days.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I was looking through a magazine one day and I saw an advertisement for Oxford Gold. They've been really good. They listen well and they'll adapt to whatever I need. It wasn't a high-pressure deal. They let me think about it and they were there when I needed them.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Oxford Gold Group was very proficient. They appeared to be very truthful and they produced what they said they were going to. The options they gave me were gold or silver and I went with investing in silver. It was something I wanted to do to give to my grandchildren later on. Their rep appeared to be very knowledgeable and I was comfortable working with him. If I was going to order some more coins at this time, I would certainly give them a call.

Original review: July 11, 2020

My wife and I are both 88 years old this year. We've been retired for years. I'm getting a little bit more than a little bit concerned about where our economy is going and what's happening to the dollar. I was a little concerned because virtually everything that we had in our net worth bundle was in liquid dollars. So around a few months ago, I bought a little bit of gold from U.S. Money Reserve and I'm happy with that and it seems to be doing well. Gold is doing well no matter where you go. I saw an ad and Oxford Gold said, "Communicate with us, we'll send you a brochure." So I did and then Pierre called me. I told him that I had just consummated a deal with U.S. Money Reserve and that I gotta kinda get used to not having that around. I told him, "We'll see," and I left him at that.

One day, Pierre called me again and he asked if I've seen the ratio between GDP and the debt. I told him no, and he said, "Well, let's visit a little bit." So we did that. One thing led to another and I told him I was not very comfortable with what I've done so far. I've read their brochure and I really liked it. It's a young company. But sometimes, a young company is more spirited and attentive to individual investor needs. He got me over my nervousness and we talked about silver. I also talked with Ted and these guys made me feel pretty good. They treated me very well and have ever since. We got that done now and I'm waiting for some paperwork. I bought 100,000 silver and I didn't have a place to store it. So we're gonna do that over at Delaware Depository.

I gotta get the paperwork form so I got something in hand that shows what I've got and where it is. I'm not nervous about it. It's coming and I know Pierre will take care of me on that. Then he's going to send me some any day. In the deal, they included some 47 freebie silver coins. I'm really satisfied with them. They detected rightly so that I was going through everything, from basic nervousness to buyer remorse. But not to the point of really rattling somebody's cage. Pierre did a wonderful job too. It made me feel good about it. Now, I'm gonna quit watching the stock market.

Oxford Gold Group Company Information