Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (52 ratings)

About Oxford Gold Group

Oxford Gold Group is a precious metals investment firm based out of Beverly Hills, California. The company offers self-directed precious metal IRAs and specializes in helping you meet your retirement goals by tailoring investment strategies to fit your needs through the acquisition of precious metals.

Pros

• Transparent fees
  • Two depository options
  • Gold, silver, platinum and palladium options

Cons

• No online purchases
  • No online application

Bottom Line

Oxford Gold Group is an investment firm that offers precious metals and self-directed retirement accounts. It has a number of benefits, as long as you’re fine contacting the company by phone or email.

Top Oxford Gold Group Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Oxford Gold Group

Oxford Gold Group is a gold, silver, platinum and palladium dealer that also offers gold and silver IRAs. You can open a new account or roll over an existing IRA or eligible 401(k).

Oxford Gold Group uses the Delaware Depository and Brink's Global Services to securely store IRA metals. Texas residents can also choose the company’s exclusive Texas storage facility.

How does Oxford Gold Group work?

Unlike with a traditional IRA, you can choose your investments through a self-directed precious metals IRA from Oxford Gold Group. That means you pick what IRA-approved metals you want to invest in, including gold, silver, platinum and palladium.

If you’re interested in opening a precious metals IRA with Oxford Gold Group, visit its website and download its free guide to investing in precious metals. You need to enter your name, email address and phone number to receive the guide.

Once you’re ready to start investing in gold and other precious metals, Oxford Gold Group helps you choose which product is right for you. Oxford Gold Group offers coins and bars in multiple precious metals, and the company provides preparation, packaging and shipping services on delivery orders.

Oxford Gold Group prices

The only fee Oxford Gold Group lists is a $175 annual fee for accounts with less than $100,000 and a $225 annual fee for accounts with over $100,000. The company states that it doesn’t charge any additional percentages or fees outside of this annual one, but you are responsible for paying for your gold or precious metal products.

Oxford Gold Group FAQ

Oxford Gold Group is a legitimate business that offers gold and precious metal investment services to customers nationwide. Whether it’s right for you depends on your financial situation, though.
Oxford Gold Group stores your precious metals in either Brink's Global Services in Salt Lake City, Utah, or the Delaware Depository in Wilmington, Delaware.
Oxford Gold Group gives you updates on your gold and precious metals throughout the buying and shipping process. Once your metals reach the depository, you receive quarterly updates on your investments.
Oxford Gold Group charges a $175 annual fee on accounts under $100,000 and a $225 annual fee on accounts over $100,000.

Is Oxford Gold Group legit?

Oxford Gold Group’s precious metals investment services are a legitimate way for people to diversify their retirement portfolios. The company can help you set up your self-directed IRA, and it works with IRS-approved depositories to store metals held in IRAs.

Oxford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?

Original review: June 10, 2021

Great company with great service! I was very nervous about transferring my IRA into gold and silver, and considered myself a rookie when it came to precious metals and purchasing coins. Luckily I had a really great sales rep at Oxford Gold, Sam, who was very knowledgeable, kind, and patient when it came to helping me understand how everything works and about the different coins they sell. He explained things so it was easy for me to understand and was very patient and thorough in answering all of my many questions. He did a great job at helping put my mind at ease and making my purchase a smooth and seamless experience. I never felt pressured to buy anything or make any hasty decisions.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Oxford Gold Group is a top notch company who has a very knowledgeable, helpful and caring staff, as well as World class products. Kelly **, my representative, exhibits all of these qualities. She did not rush or push me into making decisions, rather guided & educated me to help make the decision I wanted. After learning all of the information, I was able to purchase at an unbelievable sale price! She also sniffed out a dishonest Financial Advisor I used to work with & is a good conversationalist sharing great organic dessert recipes as well as general & family talks. I highly recommend buying your precious metals from the Oxford Gold Group!

Original review: April 4, 2021

I worked with Jody ** to rollover my 401k from stocks to physical precious metals. I can't speak highly enough of Jody. She spent countless time on the phone with me, was extremely responsive to my phone calls and texts during this process. On the day of rollover, she spent over 2 hours on the phone with me walking me through the process, educating me on the gold standard, and the value of physical precious metals. Since then, I have messaged her several times about buying silver to have on hand and again, very responsive. She is a gem to have in my corner. Her assistant Kenya, she too was as responsive and helpful as Jody. Again, I can not speak highly enough of these people.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Had the pleasure of working with Pierre ** to understand the precious metals market and processes for an IRA rollover as well as a direct metals purchases. Pierre's professional demeanor and thorough education quickly brought my comfort level up such that I initiated the transactions. Kenia ** walked me through the inherited IRA rollover paperwork and insured accuracy and compliance to regulations. I was fortunate to have had their help and support as a team in executing my first precious metals transactions. Highly recommend OGG.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I have to admit, I did not know what I was getting into, but after almost 2 hours on the phone with Jody, I knew what I wanted. She was friendly, very professional, very knowledgeable on the background of gold. Once we went over what I was looking to do and explaining to me the different categories of gold, we found the perfect package for me. If you ever have any questions, she is there for you with a quick response. I look forward to watching my purchase grow with Oxford Gold Group and I highly recommend.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have had the pleasure in working with Jody ** in procuring a gold/silver portfolio. Jody is a wealth of information and takes the time to explain the steps involved, benefits, and also gave me about an hour long in service to reach an informative goal. Jody is an asset to your company, what a jewel.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I want to thank Jarred for helping me out with my Gold IRA with Oxford. He did a good job of explaining all the details to me. Also, he was very flexible and worked with me throughout the account setup. Very pleased.

Original review: March 27, 2021

If you're a new precious metals buyer, you'll probably have a lot of questions like I did. When I contacted Oxford Gold Group, I was put in contact with Kelly **. Was confident in purchasing them. Kelly walked me through the whole process and made easy. Kudos to you Kelly and Oxford Gold Group!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Pierre ** is superb! He went out of his way to explain to me the pros and cons of each type of precious metal. He understood that I am a neophyte in this type of investment. Most of all, he gave me a very good deal in my precious metals purchase for my SD-IRA. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my precious metals mentor at Oxford Gold Group. Kudos to him!

Original review: March 4, 2021

My experience with Oxfords was outstanding. They kept me well informed and the transactions I needed to make were as smooth as possibly could be. Great value and customer service. In particular, the personal education and guidance they give you is presented so as to give you a clear overall picture of one's assets..

Oxford Gold Group Company Information