2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

Oxford Gold Group is a gold and precious metals investment firm based out of Los Angeles, CA. The company offers self-directed precious metal IRAs and specializes in helping you meet your retirement goals by tailoring investment strategies to fit your needs through the acquisition of precious metals.

BOTTOM LINE

Oxford Gold Group is an investment firm that offers gold and precious metals savings accounts. The company prioritizes customer service and helps you meet your retirement goals.

PROS

• Diversify your portfolio
  • Stored in insured depositories
  • Full control of your accounts

CONS

• No interest, dividends or yields
  • Annual $175 fee
Oxford Gold Group Learn More

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Oxford Gold Group work?

Unlike a traditional IRA, Oxford Gold Group lets you choose your investments through its self-directed precious metals IRA model. With Oxford Gold Group, you can pick what IRA-approved metals you want to invest in, including gold, silver, platinum or palladium.

If you’re interested in opening a precious metals IRA with Oxford Gold Group, visit its website and download its free guide to investing in precious metals. You need to enter your name, email address and phone number to receive the guide.

Once you’re ready to start investing in gold and other precious metals, Oxford Gold Group helps you choose which product is right for you. Oxford Gold Group offers multiple precious metals on its site, and the company provides preparation, packaging and shipping services on delivery orders.

Oxford Gold Group costs

The only fee that Oxford Gold Group lists is a $175 annual fee. The company states that it doesn’t charge any additional percentages or fees outside of this annual fee, but you are responsible for paying for your gold or precious metal products.

Oxford Gold Group FAQ

Is Oxford Gold Group good?
Oxford Gold Group is a reputable business that offers gold and precious metal investment services to customers nationwide. As a small company, Oxford Gold Group works with you individually to make sure you get the perfect investment for your situation.
Where does Oxford Gold Group store my precious metals?
Oxford Gold Group stores your precious metals in either the Brinks Depository in Salt Lake City, Utah, or Delaware Depository in Wilmington, Delaware.
Does Oxford Gold Group give updates on my gold or precious metal investments?
Oxford Gold Group gives you updates on your gold and precious metals throughout the buying and shipping process. Once your metals reach the depository, you receive quarterly updates on your investments.
How much does Oxford Gold Group charge?
Oxford Gold Group charges a $175 annual fee on all accounts.

Is Oxford Gold Group safe?

Oxford Gold Group’s gold and precious metals investment services are ideal for people who want to diversify their retirement portfolio. As a small business that prioritizes individual customer service, Oxford Gold Group is a great choice for those interested in investing in gold or precious metals.

Oxford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?

Original review: July 24, 2020

I was trying to do something quick and I did a little research on the internet. With the reviews that I read about Oxford, they seemed like a good place and I went with them. It's the first time I ever did anything with silver. I wanted to find silver but I didn't really know what I was doing. Patrick didn't try and steer me one way or the other, but he was telling me what he thought and he said, "Do what you wanna do." I was very at ease with him. One of his associates that helped me did one thing, and then the other guy did the actual transference because I took money from a 401 put it in. They were both great. The price of silver went up a lot since I bought it. I'm not into it for any crazy amount of money but it's good. I'm thinking about calling them up because I made some money on the silver and maybe taking the money that I made and buying something else. It looks good on paper.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2020

My wife and I are both 88 years old this year. We've been retired for years. I'm getting a little bit more than a little bit concerned about where our economy is going and what's happening to the dollar. I was a little concerned because virtually everything that we had in our net worth bundle was in liquid dollars. So around a few months ago, I bought a little bit of gold from U.S. Money Reserve and I'm happy with that and it seems to be doing well. Gold is doing well no matter where you go. I saw an ad and Oxford Gold said, "Communicate with us, we'll send you a brochure." So I did and then Pierre called me. I told him that I had just consummated a deal with U.S. Money Reserve and that I gotta kinda get used to not having that around. I told him, "We'll see," and I left him at that.

One day, Pierre called me again and he asked if I've seen the ratio between GDP and the debt. I told him no, and he said, "Well, let's visit a little bit." So we did that. One thing led to another and I told him I was not very comfortable with what I've done so far. I've read their brochure and I really liked it. It's a young company. But sometimes, a young company is more spirited and attentive to individual investor needs. He got me over my nervousness and we talked about silver. I also talked with Ted and these guys made me feel pretty good. They treated me very well and have ever since. We got that done now and I'm waiting for some paperwork. I bought 100,000 silver and I didn't have a place to store it. So we're gonna do that over at Delaware Depository.

I gotta get the paperwork form so I got something in hand that shows what I've got and where it is. I'm not nervous about it. It's coming and I know Pierre will take care of me on that. Then he's going to send me some any day. In the deal, they included some 47 freebie silver coins. I'm really satisfied with them. They detected rightly so that I was going through everything, from basic nervousness to buyer remorse. But not to the point of really rattling somebody's cage. Pierre did a wonderful job too. It made me feel good about it. Now, I'm gonna quit watching the stock market.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Pat, the person I worked with at Oxford Gold Group, is a good man. He really did a neat thing. I have grandchildren. One was born in 2014 and the other one was born in 2019, and I wanted to get a Gold Buffalo. It's a $50 piece in gold for my grandchildren to give to their grandchildren. So, the parents are in charge of not giving it to my grandchildren too soon. I looked around coin shops in different places here where I live, and I couldn't find those, and Patrick found them for me. I was very apprehensive about buying gold from the mail. For some reason, that kinda was shaky to me but he calmed my fears. He opened the sea and taught me about following up through the mail. I learned a lot about how mail works and all that kind of stuff with valuables like that. I live a couple of miles from the Atlantic Ocean. I don’t think he’s too far from the Pacific Ocean. He held my hands all the way across the country. So, he did a good job.

Original review: July 9, 2020

This group is definitely way above the cut. I am retired and new to Precious Metals. You can imagine how difficult this decision was for me. It was the opposite of everything I have been taught. My stock broker from a very reputable large company told me Gold is not a tangible asset (Yes – he REALLY said that). But as Dr. Seuss once wrote, “In the places I go, there are things that I see - That I never could spell if I stopped with the Z. I’m telling you this ‘cause you’re one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends” (On Beyond Zebra). Dr. Seuss wrote this well before the Think Outside the Box era in the sixties. Basically, if you follow the herd.… where will that get you?

I interviewed 6 companies for an IRA Precious Metals Account (list from Retirement Living recommendations). I was turned off by most. So many un-truths. What? They didn’t think I would check? It was a big investment for me. Despite being new to metals, I was really impressed by Patrick and John (the 2 people I dealt with). They spent a considerable amount of time with me. I remember the best Real Estate Agent I have ever dealt with, finally told me her secret - her mentor. Her mentor taught her the only difference between an $80,000 dollar home, and a 2 million dollar home is the market you are dealing with. In other words, all customers are treated the same. It was my third or fourth conversation with OGG before I TOLD THEM what I was going to invest. I was always treated like a million-dollar customer. They were very patient. (Don’t you forget to be kind to others. Reap what you sow.)

Don’t go into this thinking you are going to make a short term killing (you could actually – usually eventually not immediately) or that you can hold for less than 3 years and make a great profit (maybe you will - especially if an economic bubble bursts or several go to the “Bermuda Triangle” of economics). Remember that Precious Metals have a cycle – you have to hold long enough to make the expected profit. My research showed there were 6 MAJOR gold cycles since the early 1900’s. The Oxford Gold Group makes a habit of touching base with you every couple of months, or sooner if you need it. They explained in detail how to best profit from PM’s. I read this on countless number of articles, once I knew what I was looking for – their brochure did a great job of explaining everything. Trust it. Ask them why they started their own business and you will clearly understand.

By the way, given the amount of dollars our country is printing, the fact that the US dollar is no longer the reserve currency in 23 countries, and the political difficulties we are seeing – I believe this is a great hedge for your money. I read countless of reports stating this. The wealthy (not me - maybe on the right track) always hedge with Precious Metals. I am not hoping for the worse, I actually hope the opposite for this country. Proud American. I really like what I bought and I believe it is one of the better investments this year (2020). Be a GOOD and careful listener to your options (it’s YOUR money).

I can hardly wait to also open a non-IRA account with them. Not there yet. I have invested the money that I will not need for several years. At least I have 20% of my assets protected if things do get a lot worse in this country. By the way, once I took the plunge, I was very much “Welcomed into their Family!”. Always do business with people you trust or connect with. Always put your skin in the game. I did a lot of listening to people I absolutely knew were con artists and I would NOT go with. I am not an engineer, but I was raised by one. (Do yourself a favor – just talk to OGG, read their info, make sure you understand the details, and go with these guys. Their name says it all. Hey Dad, I finally went to Oxford!)

Bj

Original review: July 5, 2020

After talking with Oxford, they seemed to be genuine and their customer service seemed to be really good. I talked to a number of companies and they seemed to be the better of them all. I was impressed with Patrick, the guy I dealt with. I liked his follow through and commitment. He was patient enough to explain everything more than probably a dozen times. I didn't talk to him then just purchase from them immediately. It took some time. He didn't try to lead me one way or another. He wanted to inform me of the different products and what was out there and leave it up to me versus it being his decision and me coming back and saying, "Hey, it's not working like you said."

Oxford has been fine so far. My only one concern is that last month, I tried looking at the website again and it was not available. I'm guessing not many people, even once they have the product, are going to go to look at their website regularly but it would've been really great to know.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I did a little submission to Oxford Gold Group and then they let me have their free investment brochures that tells me who they are and what they're about. I got a phone call from Matt from the gold group and we talked. I wasn't gonna buy silver because the price was starting to go up. But he changed my mind and I'm very glad he did. As soon as I started talking to him, I had a good feeling because he didn't try to sell me like a normal high-pressure salesman. He was more or less giving me information. I felt he was honest telling me what he knows. He has experience and knowledge. I've made a couple of purchases and I'm still waiting on the second one. There could be a huge delay because of silver making points, COVID-19, and the price of silver. Other than that, so far, I'm very happy with Matt and Oxford Gold Group.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Previously, I had an investment that wasn't good. I got the money out of it and invested in Gold and Silver through Oxford after talking to three different investment companies. The rep from Oxford was more genuine than those from other companies. He was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions and listened to where I was coming from. He didn't push nor did he make it seem like I was talking to someone who was trying to sell me something. He told me to let him know when I'm ready. It seemed like I was talking to a friend. Oxford's investment is there with mine and it's like they've got as much to lose as me if I go down.

Original review: July 28, 2020

A year or two ago, I was with Oxford Gold and my experience was not good. I was promised several gold coins and I never got them. Their advertising group is false. They are fakes.

Oxford Gold Group response

Mr. Hartling - you placed your order with the Oxford Gold Group on March 16, 2020 - not a year or two ago. You ordered silver coins from us - not gold coins. You never paid for your order, nor did you return our phone calls or emails. After trying to contact you for over 1-month, we finally gave up and cancelled your order. We think you may have us mistaken with another company, as we did not have any contact with you until March of this year. Precious metals companies never send products before receiving payment for those products. We apologize if you had a bad experience with another precious metals company.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Oxford Gold's rep sounded like he had my values. I could understand him and I believed him. He was a very nice fellow. I wanted to invest in gold and he talked me into investing in silver. So far, things have been good.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Oxford had a better deal than everybody else. My rep Matt who is very knowledgeable gave me a few different options for investments. I picked the one that made the most sense and since then, I've already made money on it.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Relatives of mine were investing in gold and silver and suggested that to me. I invested through the Oxford Gold Group and the rep who helped me was great. He was super helpful in making sure that the process was going well and made everything super easy. Things have been well so far and I feel good about working with Oxford.

Original review: July 23, 2020

They sold product to me and it was a long wait but I got the product as promised. I have gone with other companies and Oxford gives their prices for their products. But the delivery time with other companies are much faster.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Oxford Gold looked like a real ethical company and they had an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau. I liked Red Rock Secured too, but the Oxford rep was the best to deal with. He seemed so concerned and so willing to make sure you understood everything and interested in helping you. It’s good to have a little bit of gold and silver. It took quite a while to get the coins with this pandemic. It took about six weeks but that was okay.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rep at Oxford Gold was really nice. I bought some physical silver. It is an investment to hopefully sell back someday. I was satisfied with them. I wish I just had a lot more money to invest 'cause it has gone up since I purchased that.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I sought to invest in silver and gold through the Oxford Gold Group. The rep whom I worked with was pleasant and very informative. He was very attentive and answered all my questions. He was quick to respond too. I'm satisfied with their service. I got everything I wanted. Just last week, someone was asking who I bought from and I sent that person Oxford's information.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I worked with a rep from Oxford who was politely persistent. That's a good balance in my opinion.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Matt from Oxford called me and we talked probably a good 5 or 10 times. He's very helpful and explained to me the ups and downs and the benefits of gold and the benefits of silver. I was very happy with the experience. It was excellent. I'm doing this more for an investment. In case things do go any worse than what they already do on this country and in case our monetary system has a little bit of a problem, I've got some silver that I know is gonna always be good anywhere as backup currency. It's more of a brokerage insurance than it is an IRA for me. The only thing I'd like to do is I wish I had my silver in hand. But part of what I bought is a new mint and because of the COVID virus, it's delaying the pressing of these coins.

Original review: July 14, 2020

When I decided to look into different companies, Oxford had a good rating so I tried them. The person who I've dealt with has been personable. He tries to keep me informed and I can reach him if I need him. That's been a positive thing. This is my first time dealing with this type of account. When I was with the other company and I was just doing a traditional 401k, money got deposited and I just left it alone. Sometimes for years, I didn't talk to anybody. I would definitely recommend that people look to alternative measures because what we've become accustomed to is not really that viable these days.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I was looking through a magazine one day and I saw an advertisement for Oxford Gold. They've been really good. They listen well and they'll adapt to whatever I need. It wasn't a high-pressure deal. They let me think about it and they were there when I needed them.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Oxford Gold Group was very proficient. They appeared to be very truthful and they produced what they said they were going to. The options they gave me were gold or silver and I went with investing in silver. It was something I wanted to do to give to my grandchildren later on. Their rep appeared to be very knowledgeable and I was comfortable working with him. If I was going to order some more coins at this time, I would certainly give them a call.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I was wanting to invest in silver. Somebody told me about Oxford, and they helped me with purchasing silver. I worked with Matt. He was very knowledgeable on the gold and the silver and letting me know the prices and what I was getting. He was really good and he followed up about when my shipment was gonna come out and when I was gonna receive it. He was very nice and was very patient with all my questions, so he was really great. I was pretty comfortable working with him. I contacted him back a second time to purchase more. I would definitely tell others to give Matt a call over there at Oxford.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I went to Oxford first but I don't go through them anymore. The service is not bad. It's just that their premium went up too high. Once they got the money, it did take them a long time for me to see and receive my stuff, and I had to call about it. Then when the stock market went down, their premium went so high. It was pathetic. Then I found somebody where they probably get their stuff from, so I don't use them anymore.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Kelly is a star. She is a fine, trustworthy person who is Intelligent, well informed, patient and caring. Most of all, I TRUST HER. I will only buy gold from Kelly. I've worked with her for over 5 years. She is, quite simply, the best in the business. The customer is her main concern, as it should be.

Charles F. **, MD, FACP, FACG

Original review: July 7, 2020

I read few of the reviews and Oxford looked good. I called them and talked to Mike. He seemed like a good guy and knowledgeable that's why I went with them. Their customer service is excellent. They were on it and they never pressured me. When I called, they answered. I highly recommend Oxford.

Resolution response: July 28, 2020

At the time I bought it was just at a time when premiums were high across the board.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The premiums were not explained to me as well as they should've been. At first, I was led to believe the premiums would be about 20%, but it ended being much more than that.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Just received our product. With the Coronavirus delivery times are taking a bit longer so be prepared for that. We worked with Pierre and I’d do it again. He was patient with all of our questions and willing to share some personal insight. The product is beautiful and the shipping is free. We will definitely be back to Oxford Gold Group.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Oxford was honest about what they talked about and the guy that I bought from was real good in explaining which would be the best. I really liked that so I went with them and they are real good. I was looking for an investment when I bought from Oxford. If you leave something long enough, it'll make you some money. Gold was paying off better than anything I could find that's why I went that way. The way this economy is going, it isn't gonna last very much longer. The bank’s saying they haven't felt the brunt of this yet. I think we're gonna have a real bad depression. It is not safe keeping money like that in a bank when they'd turn around and do the same thing I did and buy gold with it. Let me be the one that makes the money instead of them.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The rep was good and well-spoken. He was calm and collected. He knew the answers to my questions and explained it very thoroughly. Given the current economic climate, it's more of a safety net rather than an investment. If it grows, happy days, but if our currency goes to mimic that of Venezuela's, then we'll be in trouble. However, due to everything that's happening at the moment, I haven't received my order yet.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I’m not totally well versed in the commodities business but I do know how great of an investment it is. So when I went out to find the right team to help me invest and buy these guys were by far the best. They were more concerned with educating me and helping to understand the best way to invest and were super transparent about everything. They made me feel comfortable and secure even though a lot of this stuff was new to me. I’ll definitely be buying from them again. Service is on another level and I dealt with sales rep Matt who really walked me through everything so well. Super happy with the experience. A lot of these companies can feel unwelcoming and these guys at Oxford made it a great experience.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I highly recommend Oxford Gold Group to anyone that I talk to about precious metals. They made it so easy for me to move a portion of my 401k to a silver IRA. I’m definitely a loyal customer going forward.

Oxford Gold Group Company Information