2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (52 ratings)

About Oxford Gold Group

Oxford Gold Group is a gold and precious metals investment firm based out of Los Angeles, CA. The company offers self-directed precious metal IRAs and specializes in helping you meet your retirement goals by tailoring investment strategies to fit your needs through the acquisition of precious metals.

Pros

• Diversify your portfolio
  • Stored in insured depositories
  • Full control of your accounts

Cons

• No interest, dividends or yields
  • Annual $175 fee

Bottom Line

Oxford Gold Group is an investment firm that offers gold and precious metals savings accounts. The company prioritizes customer service and helps you meet your retirement goals.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How does Oxford Gold Group work?

Unlike a traditional IRA, Oxford Gold Group lets you choose your investments through its self-directed precious metals IRA model. With Oxford Gold Group, you can pick what IRA-approved metals you want to invest in, including gold, silver, platinum or palladium.

If you’re interested in opening a precious metals IRA with Oxford Gold Group, visit its website and download its free guide to investing in precious metals. You need to enter your name, email address and phone number to receive the guide.

Once you’re ready to start investing in gold and other precious metals, Oxford Gold Group helps you choose which product is right for you. Oxford Gold Group offers multiple precious metals on its site, and the company provides preparation, packaging and shipping services on delivery orders.

Oxford Gold Group costs

The only fee that Oxford Gold Group lists is a $175 annual fee for accounts with less than $100,000 and a $225 annual fee for accounts with over $100,000. The company states that it doesn’t charge any additional percentages or fees outside of this annual fee, but you are responsible for paying for your gold or precious metal products.

Oxford Gold Group FAQ

Is Oxford Gold Group good?
Oxford Gold Group is a reputable business that offers gold and precious metal investment services to customers nationwide. As a small company, Oxford Gold Group works with you individually to make sure you get the perfect investment for your situation.
Where does Oxford Gold Group store my precious metals?
Oxford Gold Group stores your precious metals in either the Brinks Depository in Salt Lake City, Utah, or Delaware Depository in Wilmington, Delaware.
Does Oxford Gold Group give updates on my gold or precious metal investments?
Oxford Gold Group gives you updates on your gold and precious metals throughout the buying and shipping process. Once your metals reach the depository, you receive quarterly updates on your investments.
How much does Oxford Gold Group charge?
Oxford Gold Group charges a $175 annual fee on all accounts.

Is Oxford Gold Group safe?

Oxford Gold Group’s gold and precious metals investment services are ideal for people who want to diversify their retirement portfolio. As a small business that prioritizes individual customer service, Oxford Gold Group is a great choice for those interested in investing in gold or precious metals.

Oxford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oxford Gold Group?

Original review: June 10, 2021

Great company with great service! I was very nervous about transferring my IRA into gold and silver, and considered myself a rookie when it came to precious metals and purchasing coins. Luckily I had a really great sales rep at Oxford Gold, Sam, who was very knowledgeable, kind, and patient when it came to helping me understand how everything works and about the different coins they sell. He explained things so it was easy for me to understand and was very patient and thorough in answering all of my many questions. He did a great job at helping put my mind at ease and making my purchase a smooth and seamless experience. I never felt pressured to buy anything or make any hasty decisions.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Oxford Gold Group is a top notch company who has a very knowledgeable, helpful and caring staff, as well as World class products. Kelly **, my representative, exhibits all of these qualities. She did not rush or push me into making decisions, rather guided & educated me to help make the decision I wanted. After learning all of the information, I was able to purchase at an unbelievable sale price! She also sniffed out a dishonest Financial Advisor I used to work with & is a good conversationalist sharing great organic dessert recipes as well as general & family talks. I highly recommend buying your precious metals from the Oxford Gold Group!

Original review: April 4, 2021

I worked with Jody ** to rollover my 401k from stocks to physical precious metals. I can't speak highly enough of Jody. She spent countless time on the phone with me, was extremely responsive to my phone calls and texts during this process. On the day of rollover, she spent over 2 hours on the phone with me walking me through the process, educating me on the gold standard, and the value of physical precious metals. Since then, I have messaged her several times about buying silver to have on hand and again, very responsive. She is a gem to have in my corner. Her assistant Kenya, she too was as responsive and helpful as Jody. Again, I can not speak highly enough of these people.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I have to admit, I did not know what I was getting into, but after almost 2 hours on the phone with Jody, I knew what I wanted. She was friendly, very professional, very knowledgeable on the background of gold. Once we went over what I was looking to do and explaining to me the different categories of gold, we found the perfect package for me. If you ever have any questions, she is there for you with a quick response. I look forward to watching my purchase grow with Oxford Gold Group and I highly recommend.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I did a little submission to Oxford Gold Group and then they let me have their free investment brochures that tells me who they are and what they're about. I got a phone call from Matt from the gold group and we talked. I wasn't gonna buy silver because the price was starting to go up. But he changed my mind and I'm very glad he did. As soon as I started talking to him, I had a good feeling because he didn't try to sell me like a normal high-pressure salesman. He was more or less giving me information. I felt he was honest telling me what he knows. He has experience and knowledge. I've made a couple of purchases and I'm still waiting on the second one. There could be a huge delay because of silver making points, COVID-19, and the price of silver. Other than that, so far, I'm very happy with Matt and Oxford Gold Group.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have had the pleasure in working with Jody ** in procuring a gold/silver portfolio. Jody is a wealth of information and takes the time to explain the steps involved, benefits, and also gave me about an hour long in service to reach an informative goal. Jody is an asset to your company, what a jewel.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I want to thank Jarred for helping me out with my Gold IRA with Oxford. He did a good job of explaining all the details to me. Also, he was very flexible and worked with me throughout the account setup. Very pleased.

Original review: March 27, 2021

If you're a new precious metals buyer, you'll probably have a lot of questions like I did. When I contacted Oxford Gold Group, I was put in contact with Kelly **. Was confident in purchasing them. Kelly walked me through the whole process and made easy. Kudos to you Kelly and Oxford Gold Group!

Original review: March 21, 2021

Had the pleasure of working with Pierre ** to understand the precious metals market and processes for an IRA rollover as well as a direct metals purchases. Pierre's professional demeanor and thorough education quickly brought my comfort level up such that I initiated the transactions. Kenia ** walked me through the inherited IRA rollover paperwork and insured accuracy and compliance to regulations. I was fortunate to have had their help and support as a team in executing my first precious metals transactions. Highly recommend OGG.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Pierre ** is superb! He went out of his way to explain to me the pros and cons of each type of precious metal. He understood that I am a neophyte in this type of investment. Most of all, he gave me a very good deal in my precious metals purchase for my SD-IRA. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my precious metals mentor at Oxford Gold Group. Kudos to him!

Original review: March 4, 2021

My experience with Oxfords was outstanding. They kept me well informed and the transactions I needed to make were as smooth as possibly could be. Great value and customer service. In particular, the personal education and guidance they give you is presented so as to give you a clear overall picture of one's assets..

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Jody took me on a journey of Gold and Silver and I wish this knowledge was with me before I had got the broker I had and because of her profession and service to my portfolio and now it is wealthier. Contact Jody ** and your financial future will be secured.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

As a new client, and first time buyer of precious metals, Matt was the best at holding my hand and fully answering any “stupid” questions I had. He completely put me at ease and reassured me about my purchase. I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in the market. He is truly the epitome of customer service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Pierre is a very professional representative for Oxford Gold Group. He is quite knowledgeable about the products offered and has the unique ability to help one understand the intricate processes of purchasing fine metals. Pierre is by far the go to standard for all others seeking precious metals. I cannot imagine going through this process with one less equipped to address questions and supplying the proper answer. Pierre is by far my choice to assist me with my buying questions and needs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

My wife Jade and I cannot say enough good about Matt **. He was a true gentleman to work with all while being personable and professional. He was able to answer all of our questions and provide us comfort with our decision. We were very new going into the purchase and Matt made the entire experience informative while providing a relaxed atmosphere. We will be contacting him for future purchases.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

While it’s taking longer than I expected, it was still increasing in value and the courtesy I received was special. I have recommended Matt to several friends. The COVID-19 was the reason shipping was slower than normal. Thank you Matt, I also enjoyed the learning experience I received.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Helpful, and engaging! Pierre ** answered all of my questions and I feel at ease about reaching out when I am ready to make the investment. Pierre also provided me additional resources such as the Oxford Gold Group delivery guide. Thank you again for your prompt reply and professional assistance.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Jodi ** provided information about pros and cons for every gold/silver purchase. She attended to my personal goals and situation, provided advice, and never pressured me to make my purchase in line with her advice. I am pleased with the quality of the silver and gold bars that I recently purchased.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Matt ** is great portfolio Manager. He is patient to guide customer what is good to buy/keep either for short or long terms, responsive to customer's concern and follow-thru/keep customer up to date per purchase. Recommended!

Original review: July 29, 2020

Previously, I had an investment that wasn't good. I got the money out of it and invested in Gold and Silver through Oxford after talking to three different investment companies. The rep from Oxford was more genuine than those from other companies. He was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions and listened to where I was coming from. He didn't push nor did he make it seem like I was talking to someone who was trying to sell me something. He told me to let him know when I'm ready. It seemed like I was talking to a friend. Oxford's investment is there with mine and it's like they've got as much to lose as me if I go down.

Original review: July 28, 2020

A year or two ago, I was with Oxford Gold and my experience was not good. I was promised several gold coins and I never got them. Their advertising group is false. They are fakes.

Oxford Gold Group response

Mr. ** - you placed your order with the Oxford Gold Group on March 16, 2020 - not a year or two ago. You ordered silver coins from us - not gold coins. You never paid for your order, nor did you return our phone calls or emails. After trying to contact you for over 1-month, we finally gave up and cancelled your order. We think you may have us mistaken with another company, as we did not have any contact with you until March of this year. Precious metals companies never send products before receiving payment for those products. We apologize if you had a bad experience with another precious metals company.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Oxford Gold's rep sounded like he had my values. I could understand him and I believed him. He was a very nice fellow. I wanted to invest in gold and he talked me into investing in silver. So far, things have been good.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Oxford had a better deal than everybody else. My rep Matt who is very knowledgeable gave me a few different options for investments. I picked the one that made the most sense and since then, I've already made money on it.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Relatives of mine were investing in gold and silver and suggested that to me. I invested through the Oxford Gold Group and the rep who helped me was great. He was super helpful in making sure that the process was going well and made everything super easy. Things have been well so far and I feel good about working with Oxford.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I was trying to do something quick and I did a little research on the internet. With the reviews that I read about Oxford, they seemed like a good place and I went with them. It's the first time I ever did anything with silver. I wanted to find silver but I didn't really know what I was doing. Patrick didn't try and steer me one way or the other, but he was telling me what he thought and he said, "Do what you wanna do." I was very at ease with him. One of his associates that helped me did one thing, and then the other guy did the actual transference because I took money from a 401 put it in. They were both great. The price of silver went up a lot since I bought it. I'm not into it for any crazy amount of money but it's good. I'm thinking about calling them up because I made some money on the silver and maybe taking the money that I made and buying something else. It looks good on paper.

Original review: July 23, 2020

They sold product to me and it was a long wait but I got the product as promised. I have gone with other companies and Oxford gives their prices for their products. But the delivery time with other companies are much faster.

Original review: July 19, 2020

Oxford Gold looked like a real ethical company and they had an A-plus rating from the Better Business Bureau. I liked Red Rock Secured too, but the Oxford rep was the best to deal with. He seemed so concerned and so willing to make sure you understood everything and interested in helping you. It’s good to have a little bit of gold and silver. It took quite a while to get the coins with this pandemic. It took about six weeks but that was okay.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The rep at Oxford Gold was really nice. I bought some physical silver. It is an investment to hopefully sell back someday. I was satisfied with them. I wish I just had a lot more money to invest 'cause it has gone up since I purchased that.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I sought to invest in silver and gold through the Oxford Gold Group. The rep whom I worked with was pleasant and very informative. He was very attentive and answered all my questions. He was quick to respond too. I'm satisfied with their service. I got everything I wanted. Just last week, someone was asking who I bought from and I sent that person Oxford's information.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I worked with a rep from Oxford who was politely persistent. That's a good balance in my opinion.

Oxford Gold Group Company Information