View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.9/5 (334 ratings)

About Network Capital Funding Corporation

Network Capital is a full-service home lender specializing in mortgage refinance. With no application, lender or origination fees, it can help you close in as little as 15 business days. The company serves borrowers in Arizona, California, Florida, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

Pros

• Fast closing process
  • Easy application
  • No fees and competitive rates

Cons

• Confusing web experience
  • No personalized rates upfront

Bottom Line

With no fees and competitive rates, Network Capital offers easy and affordable mortgage options. Although it doesn’t provide personalized rates online, you can call to get started with no obligation.

Top Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Capital Funding Corporation?

Verified

My Loan Officer Kyle ** and Closing Officer Hazel ** are very efficient, polite, warm to their clients… They patiently helped me through the confusing process; and guided me throu...

Verified

...My mortgage banker, Dodge ** was transparent from the beginning. He answered all my questions and...He was professional and you will feel at ease at the same time because he wa...

What is Network Capital?

Network Capital is a funding corporation that provides mortgage and refinancing products for homebuyers and homeowners. Its team specializes in fast closings (as little as 15 days for some products). With low rates and zero application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified borrowers, Network Capital offers mortgage products that are more affordable than some of its competitors provide.

Network Capital services, loans and products

Network Capital customers work directly with licensed home loan experts to gather, organize and submit all documents needed for approval. These experts also help you decide which program makes sense for your needs.

Its loans include:

• Conventional
  • Refinance
  • FHA
  • VA
  • USDA

Most of its loan products require a 3% to 5% down payment and are functional even if a lendee declares bankruptcy.

Network Capital mortgage rates

Network Capital promises “competitively low rates,” meaning its costs can change according to current federal rates. At the time of this publication, its costs fall between 2.25% and 2.875%, which are fairly affordable rates.

It’s important to note that your credit history and down payment may not qualify for these rates — but with no lender, application or origination fees, Network Capital could be an affordable option upfront. The company also offers mortgage discount points.

Network Capital FAQ

Where is Network Capital located?
Network Capital is in Irvine, California, but most of its products are available online.
Does Network Capital do a credit check?
Yes. FHA and VA loans require a credit score of at least 550; conventional loans require a score no lower than 620.
Can you apply for Network Capital’s loans online?
Yes, the entire process can be completed online.
Does Network Capital charge loan fees?
There are no application, origination, rate lock, processing or underwriting fees for qualified buyers.
Is Network Capital transparent about its rates?
Not really. Its customers have to jump through some hoops to see rates, and the only way to get a customized rate is to call.

Is Network Capital legit?

Network Capital is a good option if you want to choose from a variety of online loan products. Because it doesn’t show personalized rates and fees online, it might be difficult to grasp the total cost of each loan; however, its licensed loan officers can walk you through options over the phone and provide free, customized no-obligation rates.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2021

My mother-in-law got a 30-year conventional loan from Network Capital Funding and everything was done online, until we came down to the closing. When they arranged for a notary for the signing of all of the docs, that was done. The loan was funded and she took some money out to pay off a credit card that had gotten a little high. Everything was wrapped up very easily. No paper had to be filled out and FedExed. We filled in the blanks and hit submit. The process took around 30 days and the initial agent was very accommodating. But once we got more into the nitty-gritty with the underwriters, they weren't as fun to work with.

After the loan was closed, the credit card balance was paid off and it was to be funded, the experience got a little sketchy. The communication wasn't as complete and thorough, so it would leave you with questions. They couldn't seem to get her payments right as to when they were to start, where they were to go to and whether it was an autopay or not. It took us three attempts before it was finally dialed-in. The process was fine until got to the autopay and the deduction over her first payments. They were supposed to just start taking it from her bank account and yet, we were getting calls and letters regarding a late payment because they failed to set it up correctly.

When we had concerns, we would call in, based on the documents that we had received, to specific 888 numbers. For customer service or specific questions, it was multiple numbers in different offices, whether they were in California or elsewhere. So, you weren't always sure if you were calling the right department and sometimes, you weren't. But eventually, we got it all ironed out. After we were done with the first person, we were trying to hand it off to another department. Each time we had to deal with them, we dealt with a different representative but with the account number, they were able to pull things right up and whoever you spoke to last, there were notes in the system about that conversation. So it worked fine. The rates and the terms of the mortgage were excellent. Even though we were unhappy with the payment process, everything else was terrific. The experience with Network Capital Funding was overall very good.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I wanted to do a cash-out mortgage to do a home remodel. Even though I have been with my mortgage company for decades, I decided to do some research as to what is out there. Most lenders I removed from my list right away for one reason or another. It was down to Network Capital and my current lender. My current lender's terms were good, but Network Capital surprisingly came back with a better rate and lower closing costs. I told my lender I was going with Network Capital and they wanted to see Network Capital's estimate. They then beat it with even lower closing costs and a lower interest rate. I also had a trust to deal with that would incur a cost. I went back and forth between the two for a while and my current lender was eventually the lowest.

So, why did I end up going with Network Capital? Both companies had great representatives and truly fought for my business. However, Network Capital had the better response time. Juan ** was always available to answer my emails and calls and no question was a dumb one. Customer service has always been my first priority with any company I do business with and Juan ** provided excellent customer service for Network Capital. I highly recommend asking for him by name.

The loan processor, Joseph ** was equally responsive. I could not get a hold of my current lender's loan processor to ask any questions. The final deciding factor was the time it would take to process my loan. Joseph told me it would take 2 weeks and my current lender said not sooner than 60 days. I really didn't believe it would take 2 weeks, but I figured it would definitely be sooner than 60 days so I went with Network Capital. In exactly 2 weeks, I had my funds. The entire process was the easiest I've ever had to go through. I highly recommend Juan ** and Joseph ** from Network Capital for your mortgage needs.

Original review: March 3, 2021

This is my 3rd refi with Network Capital. Each time I have found my transaction representatives (Helen L, Ian J, Mario R, Dianne in servicing) to be honest, very helpful, knowledgeable, patient, and effective and RESPONSIVE. Despite my having had 3 loans with this company, each occurrence was a little different and I had many different questions and concerns each time. Ian and Mario always responded timely with top notch information and guidance that was proven trustworthy. Places like Quicken and Rocket loans were filled with low life mortgage loan officers that made me cringe with repulsion each time I spoke to them.

Network is competitive with their rates, transparent and even accommodated special and unique requests that I made. It is hard to find lender staff that provide top level of customer service that I received from Ian, Mario, Dianne, and Helen. The reps, Mario and Ian, never got rude with me when I had a question or concern. They instead, greeted me in a friendly and respectful manner each time and answered in plain English. No gimmicks. Dianne was so helpful and kind. All of these people made the whole process outstanding. Mario even made himself available while I was going through the closing, in case I had to call with a question during the signing. Ian has a nice way of communicating his expertise with loans and math that makes it easier to decide whether to do the loan or not or what the cost benefits are. Helen is a leader like no other, devoted to delivering on the smallest details to enhance the customer experience.

I appreciate the work on my behalf and am glad to know such a company that invests to truly earn my business. It is rare to find a company that still keeps quality and excellent customer service and competitive loans at the top of their mission year after year. I hope they can keep these items a priority because such aspects will take them higher and higher into industry success. Thanks very much again everyone..

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Thanks to all at Network Capital for a quick and easy refinance! I had been thinking about refinancing for a while and happened to get a cold call from Andrew **, Senior Mortgage Banker. He explained various options and rates clearly as well as the process. Working late into the evening electronically exchanging documents we were able to lock in a rate that was equal to the best I had found elsewhere and that I was very happy with. The fact that Network Capital does not charge an origination fee and was able to waive the appraisal made the decision to refinance easy.

The closing process was turned over to Wendy **, Closing Processor, who also did a stellar job in coordinating the close. She arranged for electronic receipt of required closing documents as well as sending a closing agent to my home for required document signatures. Both Wendy and Andrew were a pleasure to work with. They both worked very hard to make sure the process was efficient and timely....I would get emails from them late into the evening showing their commitment to complete the refinance quickly. I received the first call from Andrew on a Friday afternoon and the loan was funded 16 days later on Monday morning...that was fast!! Without hesitation I would recommend Network Capital including Andrew ** and Wendy **.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We closed our loan at the beginning of December 2020. I wanted to take this opportunity to bring it to Network Capital's attention on what a wonderful employee they have in Grant **. He is everything a mortgage banker should be and more! We were starting a refi with our existing mortgage company when our friends started a refi with Grant. They recommended for us to contact Grant at Network Capital since they were very happy with his level of service. So we did even though we never heard of the company.

He was available for every little question and concern we had. More importantly, he personally kept us informed of all progress. Since the last quarter of 2020 was an extremely busy time for the mortgage industry, I can't express how much it meant to us to have Grant's dedication, professionalism, and caring. If all mortgage workers were like Grant, clients would find the process stress free and feel like they were cared about as a person, not just cattle in the herd. If ever I need another loan, I'm going to check with Grant first, no matter which company he works for. Thanks Grant! Network Capital was extremely easy to work with as an online mortgage company. Every employee we dealt with was professional and knowledgeable. The signing of the closing docs was done from the convenience of our own table with the travelling notary they sent. Amazing!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I was working with somebody in the beginning, but they were all over the place. They couldn't give me a direct answer on what they could and couldn't do. Then the loan officer knew his stuff because he did it in three weeks. He was very easy to get ahold of. I've refinanced before, and this was the best experience I had.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had a great experience with this company. My loan processor, Darlene, was extremely knowledgeable, courteous and helpful. She kept me apprised of each step needed to complete my loan. It was a quick and easy process. Very pleased with the outcome!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Network Capital contacted me and I had a good feeling about it. When I talked to Jessica, she was awesome and the process went as smooth as it could. The rate wasn't exactly what I was thinking up, but it turned out to be a very good deal for us. We were happy with it. If I had to do any more work with my house or my rental house, I'd definitely contact them again.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Y'all guided me thru the tech world when I'm very limited in it. You provided an education experience and got me out of a bad situation as well. I thank you soooo much...I look forward to doing business with you during the upcoming years.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I would like to say that the whole refinance experience was excellent. It was very easy and quick. Riyadh ** did an awesome job walking me through the process of filling out papers. Sang ** was also exceptionally helpful and made the process so simple. There was no high pressure sales. Thank you for a great experience.

Network Capital Funding Corporation Company Information