National Auto Finance

Out of Business

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I really wish I could give a negative star. This company is the WORST finance company I've ever dealt with. In the beginning I asked for my due date to be 15th, as that was what my prior car was. I was told I had to have 3 consecutive payments before due date can be changed (which hello- how stupid, do you WANT your money on time or not???). I've never had any other finance company have an issue doing it one time. But they tell me since I'm in KY I have 10-day grace period so as long as I pay by 16th no fees. Okay no problem.

Didn't even really bother changing the due date as I pay on 15th. More than 8 months no issues (was late 1 time as I forgot to go online and pay). Then in Dec start getting calls right before 15th saying I'm late and this is courtesy call yada yada. So I ask them to change my due date. They tell me my payment will go up since I'm requesting more time. Any car finance I've had has always done through first change as a courtesy, and I've only been charged extra if I request to skip a payment or whatnot. Then I'm told that for every day I'm late I'm being charged some daily interest that I was not informed of. The very rude CSR (Angel) says, "You should have read your contract not my problem."

I ask him to escalate to a manager, he refuses saying I have no need to he can help me and he's not able to escalate without a valid reason. The rudest most unhelpful and least customer service I've ever seen from a company. Repeatedly requested to escalate he finally says I'll put you on hold until you can come up with a valid reason to escalate (wish this call would get pulled for QA!!). Not to mention it was SEVERAL months in the beginning that I had issues because they couldn't keep anything straight with my insurance. Harassed both myself and my insurance company for almost 3 months. Stay away from this place and if you get a CSR named Angel, just hang up and call back at another time. He will harass and mock you and be rude as hell.

They called me to relay a message (please call me back) for a neighbor. The guy was hardly understandable which is why I didn't hang up right away. But whatever the issue they shouldn't be calling a neighbor. I don't know what this company does or what services it provides, but their message won't be delivered and I'll never do business with such a company. Watch out or your friends and neighbors might get harassed by this company.

I have been with "NAFCO" for about 3-4 months now. There is upsides to financing and a lot of downsides. They are the most ruthless individuals I've ever dealt with. I live in Boise Idaho and while they will approve your car loan (which was a godsend in my situation) there was a time where I was 2 days late on my payment and my auto insurance had relapsed. They turned on the "kill switch" on my car and it wouldn't turn on. Now mind you I had only $104.00 left to pay that month. The next day I went to their office paid what I had owed and asked the simple question "When can I expect my car to start again?"

I was then asked to come into an office where a very large portly man greeted me. I was asked to sit down and then was berated by him for about 20 minutes. Basically he told me he had to "sick his dogs on me" because I was and unfit individual to receive help from his company. He then asked me about my family (I then told him about my three sons) and was told by him that I shouldn't be so careless to accept money if I didn't know what I was doing. And after he made "an example" of me told me that I had 24hours to pay the remaining debt before the car was repoed... remind you I had already paid the past due amount before coming in contact with this individual... In the end I thank Nafco for helping me get the car I needed but will not return to finance any other vehicles through this company.

I was shopping around to refinance my car. Filled in the request for information form and was immediately bombarded with 8 emails from 5 different people within 24h. One was from the CEO telling me to call his cell and he didn't answer. It's because he was in a meeting. I'm all for good and quick customer service, but this was desperation. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Very shady company with rude and worthless customer service people. Paula was an idiot. Nobody has any idea about anything except some guy named Marco, who currently isn't in the office, and probably never will be. Tried to cancel my gap insurance, which I didn't even need, but was lied to about, and it's been an absolute nightmare of transferring me and hanging up on me to try and cancel my $800 gap insurance. Now it's going to be prorated and nobody has any idea how much I'll be refunded. I'm even cool with it being prorated, even though I was given wrong information a few times to delay the process, so it goes past the 30 days so your refund automatically becomes prorated. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Finance?

I bought a pickup truck for $9000 dollars and put $6000 down and financed the rest $3000 - I made 2 years of payments at $137.79 a month then missed 3 payments, then got a call to pay off the balance or they were going to repo the truck, so I sent them $4013.17 to them and, they never sent me the title. The company said there was still a balance of $2834.00 owed. I have been trying to work something out with this company, but they will not help me out with sending me the title.

I had just come out of a messy divorce, my credit was not great, not horrible but I didn't have a ton of money for a down payment. They approved me for a $10,000 loan. I make my payments on time, often paying extra, my goal was to rebuild myself. So 2 1/2 years into my 4-year loan my job is sent to India. I am between jobs for all of 3 weeks then when I start the new job I have to wait 2 weeks for my first paycheck. My payment for the FIRST time ever is 3 weeks late, they charge off my loan! It goes to their collections department. I owe about $1700 on the loan at this point. They tell me that I can make 4 monthly payments of $400 and change to pay it off. I agree, I just want it gone. So I make my 4 monthly payments, they auto deduct them from my bank account.

Last one posts. I move soon after and I just forget about the whole thing, get remarried, go to buy a newer second car, National shows up on my credit report with a $700 balance. I have no paid letter or anything to prove anything, they tell me there was $200 left on the loan balance, they agree to split the payment, I pay $350 and the account is closed, great! So now we have an accident, the car is totaled after owning it for 10 years. I call National, now Ally Bank. I need my title and lien release. They tell me I now owe $2900 on the car. My car insurance has to send the money to them per state law and once again, it is paid off. I just called them for my paid in full letter, title and lien release. Fingers crossed that this is finally finally finally done!

My husband received a letter from this company stating that we were preapproved for a loan for my daughter and her husband. My husband is a cosigner on their car loan with another company..and this company false advertises that it will lower payments and Interest rate with two months reprieve before their first payment. They do not lower interest like they claim. So please let others know that this company is not trustworthy. Our credit is very good. If it wasn't our mortgage company would not constantly attempt to persuade us to refinance. I am so glad that we will have no dealings and hope that anyone that receives one of these letters will throw it away.

I told them to harass me once again if anyone of them could speak English! I also am very upset at this company for outsourcing American jobs to the Philippines. It is sickening to me. I just want to pay this loan off and tell them to kiss my ** ass.

I, Stephanie **, am writing to Consumer Affairs to complain about the harassment that I have received from National Auto Finance in regards to my car loan. The following has occurred.

1.) Constant verbal threats to repossess my car (inappropriate tone/yelling during phone conversations by reps from National Auto Finance). 2.) Representatives are very rude and confrontational. 3.) They are calling me constantly on my job/place of employment after I had requested several times not to call me at work. 4.) They are outsourcing their calls overseas; therefore, it has been extremely difficult to communicate with the phone reps. from the Philippines and other countries. 5.) Phone reps are calling my family members and friends harassing them regarding my account/payments and cell number for contact. 6.) Reps are misrepresenting themselves on the phone--pretending to my family and friends that they are calling for another reason (leaving messages on my family's/friend's voice-mail). These threatening, outrageous, and inappropriate behaviors have taken place over the entire course of my car loan (payments). Although I have been behind on my car payments (absent from work due to health problems, no sick leave, had to take leave without pay; therefore, a reduction in the amount of my paycheck) no one should be subjected to this harassment.

Over the years, I have spoken to several supervisors to complain and to ask for assistance. However, based on the reoccurrence of these behaviors, nothing has been done. It appears to be a systemic problem within the company. By writing to Consumer Affairs, I hope other consumers/citizens will become aware of the damaging, inappropriate, unlawful, and threatening practices that National Auto Finance/Nuvell perpetuates.

In Oct 2004, I purchased a vehicle financed by National Auto Finance with a $66 payment agreement at 17.99%. First payment was in Dec. 2004. Because of financial issues, I requested a total of 6 deferred payments at different times during now and the beginning of the contract. When requesting deferrals, all I was told was that each deferred payment would be set to the end of the contract. I've asked for a payoff amount and I am being charged an extra 8 payments on top of the 6 months deferred making a total of 74 payments. To my calculations, I now owe a total of $6,600 to be paid within the next 11 payments. A supervisor at National Auto Finance explained that the extra amount being charged was because I had agreed to pay that much extra for the deferred payments. I would have never agreed to such high charges. Can National Auto Finance get away with this? Please advise.

National Auto Finance Company Profile