National Auto Finance

Out of Business

Compare Auto Loans

Research top Auto Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been with "NAFCO" for about 3-4 months now. There is upsides to financing and a lot of downsides. They are the most ruthless individuals I've ever dealt with. I live in Boise Idaho and while they will approve your car loan (which was a godsend in my situation) there was a time where I was 2 days late on my payment and my auto insurance had relapsed. They turned on the "kill switch" on my car and it wouldn't turn on. Now mind you I had only $104.00 left to pay that month. The next day I went to their office paid what I had owed and asked the simple question "When can I expect my car to start again?"

I was then asked to come into an office where a very large portly man greeted me. I was asked to sit down and then was berated by him for about 20 minutes. Basically he told me he had to "sick his dogs on me" because I was and unfit individual to receive help from his company. He then asked me about my family (I then told him about my three sons) and was told by him that I shouldn't be so careless to accept money if I didn't know what I was doing. And after he made "an example" of me told me that I had 24hours to pay the remaining debt before the car was repoed... remind you I had already paid the past due amount before coming in contact with this individual... In the end I thank Nafco for helping me get the car I needed but will not return to finance any other vehicles through this company.

I was shopping around to refinance my car. Filled in the request for information form and was immediately bombarded with 8 emails from 5 different people within 24h. One was from the CEO telling me to call his cell and he didn't answer. It's because he was in a meeting. I'm all for good and quick customer service, but this was desperation. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Very shady company with rude and worthless customer service people. Paula was an idiot. Nobody has any idea about anything except some guy named Marco, who currently isn't in the office, and probably never will be. Tried to cancel my gap insurance, which I didn't even need, but was lied to about, and it's been an absolute nightmare of transferring me and hanging up on me to try and cancel my $800 gap insurance. Now it's going to be prorated and nobody has any idea how much I'll be refunded. I'm even cool with it being prorated, even though I was given wrong information a few times to delay the process, so it goes past the 30 days so your refund automatically becomes prorated. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

I bought a pickup truck for $9000 dollars and put $6000 down and financed the rest $3000 - I made 2 years of payments at $137.79 a month then missed 3 payments, then got a call to pay off the balance or they were going to repo the truck, so I sent them $4013.17 to them and, they never sent me the title. The company said there was still a balance of $2834.00 owed. I have been trying to work something out with this company, but they will not help me out with sending me the title.

I had just come out of a messy divorce, my credit was not great, not horrible but I didn't have a ton of money for a down payment. They approved me for a $10,000 loan. I make my payments on time, often paying extra, my goal was to rebuild myself. So 2 1/2 years into my 4-year loan my job is sent to India. I am between jobs for all of 3 weeks then when I start the new job I have to wait 2 weeks for my first paycheck. My payment for the FIRST time ever is 3 weeks late, they charge off my loan! It goes to their collections department. I owe about $1700 on the loan at this point. They tell me that I can make 4 monthly payments of $400 and change to pay it off. I agree, I just want it gone. So I make my 4 monthly payments, they auto deduct them from my bank account.

Last one posts. I move soon after and I just forget about the whole thing, get remarried, go to buy a newer second car, National shows up on my credit report with a $700 balance. I have no paid letter or anything to prove anything, they tell me there was $200 left on the loan balance, they agree to split the payment, I pay $350 and the account is closed, great! So now we have an accident, the car is totaled after owning it for 10 years. I call National, now Ally Bank. I need my title and lien release. They tell me I now owe $2900 on the car. My car insurance has to send the money to them per state law and once again, it is paid off. I just called them for my paid in full letter, title and lien release. Fingers crossed that this is finally finally finally done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Auto Finance?

My husband received a letter from this company stating that we were preapproved for a loan for my daughter and her husband. My husband is a cosigner on their car loan with another company..and this company false advertises that it will lower payments and Interest rate with two months reprieve before their first payment. They do not lower interest like they claim. So please let others know that this company is not trustworthy. Our credit is very good. If it wasn't our mortgage company would not constantly attempt to persuade us to refinance. I am so glad that we will have no dealings and hope that anyone that receives one of these letters will throw it away.

I told them to harass me once again if anyone of them could speak English! I also am very upset at this company for outsourcing American jobs to the Philippines. It is sickening to me. I just want to pay this loan off and tell them to kiss my ** ass.

I, Stephanie **, am writing to Consumer Affairs to complain about the harassment that I have received from National Auto Finance in regards to my car loan. The following has occurred.

1.) Constant verbal threats to repossess my car (inappropriate tone/yelling during phone conversations by reps from National Auto Finance). 2.) Representatives are very rude and confrontational. 3.) They are calling me constantly on my job/place of employment after I had requested several times not to call me at work. 4.) They are outsourcing their calls overseas; therefore, it has been extremely difficult to communicate with the phone reps. from the Philippines and other countries. 5.) Phone reps are calling my family members and friends harassing them regarding my account/payments and cell number for contact. 6.) Reps are misrepresenting themselves on the phone--pretending to my family and friends that they are calling for another reason (leaving messages on my family's/friend's voice-mail). These threatening, outrageous, and inappropriate behaviors have taken place over the entire course of my car loan (payments). Although I have been behind on my car payments (absent from work due to health problems, no sick leave, had to take leave without pay; therefore, a reduction in the amount of my paycheck) no one should be subjected to this harassment.

Over the years, I have spoken to several supervisors to complain and to ask for assistance. However, based on the reoccurrence of these behaviors, nothing has been done. It appears to be a systemic problem within the company. By writing to Consumer Affairs, I hope other consumers/citizens will become aware of the damaging, inappropriate, unlawful, and threatening practices that National Auto Finance/Nuvell perpetuates.

In Oct 2004, I purchased a vehicle financed by National Auto Finance with a $66 payment agreement at 17.99%. First payment was in Dec. 2004. Because of financial issues, I requested a total of 6 deferred payments at different times during now and the beginning of the contract. When requesting deferrals, all I was told was that each deferred payment would be set to the end of the contract. I've asked for a payoff amount and I am being charged an extra 8 payments on top of the 6 months deferred making a total of 74 payments. To my calculations, I now owe a total of $6,600 to be paid within the next 11 payments. A supervisor at National Auto Finance explained that the extra amount being charged was because I had agreed to pay that much extra for the deferred payments. I would have never agreed to such high charges. Can National Auto Finance get away with this? Please advise.

National Auto Finance Company Profile