Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Denver, CO
Top 12 Denver Mortgage Companies
Read 3,570 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages through its easy online approval process. Custom quotes include no obligations, no commitments and no hidden fees. Provides a wide variety of loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA.
Read 9,523 Reviews
Provides new home loans and mortgage refinancing. Offers competitive interest rates. Award-winning mobile app. Online loan tracking. Guarantees closing date or the company will pay your first mortgage payment.
Read 996 Reviews
Nationwide mortgage lender based in California. Offers lending and refinancing services in almost every state. Specializes in fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans and guarantees the best pricing for your loan.
Read 2,044 Reviews
Provides mortgage financing for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. Offers several types of mortgages, including conventional, FHA, biweekly, land and more. Programs for lower credit scores available.
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,710 Reviews
Offers home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans with competitive rates and flexible plans. Has an online application option but prioritizes one-on-one customer support from its bankers. Diverse mortgage products.
|American Liberty Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers conventional, FHA, FHA 203k, VA, jumbo and reverse mortgage loans. Provides streamlined FHA loans. Has abridged and full online mortgage prequalification forms. Lets customers manage loan process through online account.
|Cherry Creek Mortgage Company||Read Author Review|
Provides conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and jumbo loans. Offers HUD Section 184 loans for Native Americans. Helps find government-sponsored bond programs for first-time homebuyers. Uses FasTrac for streamlined document collection.
|Ideal Home Loans||Read Author Review|
Sells conventional, FHA, VA and jumbo loans. Offers custom term mortgages with 10- to 30-year terms, second home mortgages and refinancing. Mortgages have fixed or adjustable rates.
|Mortgage Maestro Group||Read Author Review|
Provides FHA, VA, FHA 203k, conventional and jumbo loans. Works with down payment assistance and community development programs. Helps with residential mortgages for employees of the cannabis industry.
|RPM Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers home down payment amounts of 3% for conventional, 3.5% for FHA and 0% for VA and USDA loans. Ability to complete mortgage or refinancing application online or from app. Approves loans in one to two days.
|The Mortgage Co.||Read Author Review|
Provides fixed- or adjustable-rate loans for 15- or 30-year terms. Choices of mortgages include FHA, USDA, refinancing, conventional, VA, HomeReady and CHFA. Offers money-back guarantees.
|Uptown Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Mortgage broker offering a variety of loan programs, including FHA, VA, conventional, USDA, jumbo and FHA 203k. Refinances existing home loans. Choose between face-to-face or online interactions.
Denver housing trends
The Denver real estate market has been hot for years, and the city's current median home values are hovering around $400,000, which is higher than the national median. Many of Denver’s luxury homes are valued at $1 million or more, while low-priced residences can be found for less than $150,000. Try our mortgage calculator to find out how much home you can afford in Denver and your estimated mortgage payments.
|Location||Median house price|
|North Park Hill||$368,266|
|South Park Hill||$527,795|
Finding home loans in Denver
There are many loans to choose from and several factors that play a part in your decision. Homebuyers most commonly take out a conventional or jumbo loan in Colorado. FHA loans are also popular with first-time buyers. Those planning to move in or around the Denver area should consider the following neighborhoods:
- Longmont: Longmont is an affordable neighborhood with a rich history. Longmont's downtown has seen a bright revival, and the neighborhood overall is an excellent spot for young families. The median home purchase price of $390,500 is well below the conforming loan limits, so speak to a lender for a reasonable rate.
- Villa Park: Villa Park is a growing, up-and-coming neighborhood with increasing home prices to match. The area has some of Denver's best shopping, parks and restaurants. Currently, home prices are a steal at $231,900, which is excellent for first-time buyers with an FHA loan.
- Country Club: For buyers looking to have it all, Country Club is the place to be. Homes sell for an average of $1.75 million but come with an exclusive golf club, low crime rates and easy Downtown access. Given current conventional loan limits, jumbo mortgages are the best option to buy a home in the area.
- Wellshire: Considered one of Denver's best-kept secrets, Wellshire has one of the lowest crime rates in the metro area. It's also near other desirable areas like the University of Denver and Old South Pearl. Military personnel looking to relocate family near the Buckley AFB could buy a house for a median home value of $562,845 and $0 down with a VA mortgage.
Choosing a Denver mortgage company
Most mortgages last 15 to 30 years, so it pays to shop around for the best interest rates and lenders. Gathering quotes, reading online reviews and asking friends and family members for recommendations can help you narrow down the best picks. From there, choose the most experienced lender with a reputation for customer satisfaction. Look for mortgage companies that are part of any mortgage associations or have completed certification programs, including receiving the Certified Mortgage Lender designation.
Denver home loan FAQ
- What is a 5'1 ARM mortgage?
- A 5’1 ARM is a hybrid loan combining a fixed- and adjustable-rate loan. The first five years of the loan has a fixed rate, and it adjusts every year after.
- What credit score do you need to get a mortgage in Denver?
- Bad credit home loans in Denver include FHA loans that have credit score requirements as low as 500. Many other programs require scores of 620 or better.
- How long does it take to get approved for a mortgage loan in Colorado?
- Loan approvals in Denver take around 60 days. Some companies can do it in as fast as 30 days, and others may take months.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Denver mortgage company information
Cherry Creek Mortgage Company searches for mortgages with the lowest interest rate and the best terms. The company boasts of never letting a mortgage deal fall apart at the last minute. Its website has a variety of tools, including one that helps you find your current home’s worth and a free homebuyers guide.
- Address: 44 Cook St., Ste. 500, Denver, CO 80206
- Phone: (303) 226-8735
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: davecookmortgage.com
Located in the LoHi area, American Liberty Mortgage is your local, one-stop shop for mortgage loans. The company offers options for people buying their first home, constructing a new house, investing in a second property or rehabilitating their current residence. Apply online to start the mortgage process.
- Address: 1932 W. 33rd Ave., Denver, CO 80211
- Phone: (303) 416-7000
- Hours: M - Sat: 8am - 6pm
- Website: almortgagedenver.com
Located in historic Lower Downtown, Uptown Mortgage can meet with clients face-to-face or complete the loan application process entirely online. Besides offering a range of loans, the company gets qualified buyers down payment assistance. If you already have a loan, Uptown Mortgage may be able to refinance it for a better interest rate.
- Address: 1350 Lawrence St., Ste. 100, Denver, CO 80204
- Phone: (303) 839-5262
- Hours: M - Wed: 9am - 10pm;Th: 9am - 7pm; F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: uptownmortgage.com
Mortgage Maestro Group’s down payment assistance programs give you 4% of your down payment through the Metro Mortgage Assistance Plus program. For FHA, VA and USDA mortgages, available grants cover 5%. The company’s conventional loans don’t require 20% down and allow others the option to gift your down payment.
- Address: 1720 S. Bellaire St., Ste. 315, Denver, CO 80222
- Phone: (303) 779-0591
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: mortgage-maestro.com
Whether you're looking to purchase or refinance a home, Ideal Home Loans has a variety of mortgage options to choose from. If you're refinancing for better rates but don't want to change how many years you have left, their custom-term mortgage offers a solution. The company also provides HELOC loans for homeowners wishing to remodel their house.
- Address: 7900 E. Union Ave., Ste. 300, Denver, CO 80237
- Phone: (303) 867-7000
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: idealhomeloans.com
RPM Mortgage guarantees to complete home purchase loans on time, and your loan is secured upfront with its Advance Approval system. RPM Mortgage's friendly lenders help you from start to finish. Once you submit your application, loan approvals take one to two days.
- Address: 201 Columbine St., Ste. 300, Denver, CO 80206
- Phone: (303) 658-0044
- Hours: M - Sun: 9am - 7pm
- Website: rpm-mtg.com
The Mortgage Co. is so confident that you'll love their service that it offers a satisfaction guarantee. If you aren't satisfied with your loan process, the company refunds $1,486 of your lender fees. The Mortgage Co. also guarantees it will close on time. It gives $1,000 to both the buyer and seller if they miss a closing deadline.
- Address: 1801 N. Williams St., Ste. 300, Denver, CO 80218
- Phone: (303) 861-3700
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: themortgageco.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.