Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Austin, TX
Top 16 Austin Mortgage Companies
|Read 5,293 Reviews|
Conventional mortgages and FHA, VA and jumbo loans. Refinancing options available to lower payments, change terms or take cash out. Fast online application through RocketMortgage. 3% to 6% closing costs. 90-day locked rates.
First Internet Bank
Read 346 Reviews
Online full-service bank. Personal and business products. Fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity mortgages. No physical branches. Mobile banking through app. Free ATM card with most accounts.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 767-2424|
Read 3,755 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages and an easy online approval process. Custom quotes with no obligations, commitments or hidden fees. Provides conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA loans. No application or origination fees.
|Read 206 Reviews|
Online mortgage company. Provides multiple mortgage options and refinancing programs. Part of the Quicken Loans family. 24/7 online services. No in-person assistance. Connects you with home loan experts.
Read 9,596 Reviews
Provides new home loans and mortgage refinancing. Offers competitive interest rates. Award-winning mobile app. Online loan tracking. Guarantees closing date or the company makes your first mortgage payment. Rewards program.
North American Savings Bank
Read 81 Reviews
Offers mortgages, refinancing, emergency loans and more. Special services for veterans. Multiple locations across the Kansas City, Missouri, area. Limited nationwide services online. Online mortgage rate calculator.
|Learn More Call Now Toll Free (844) 489-1676|
Read 1,029 Reviews
Nationwide mortgage lender based in California. Offers VA, FHA, conventional and jumbo loans in almost every state. Specializes in fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans and guarantees low prices. Pre-qualifications in 15 minutes.
Read 2,073 Reviews
Provides mortgage financing for manufactured, mobile and modular homes. Mortgages include conventional, FHA, biweekly and land loans. Programs for low credit scores. Closing fees usually from 3% to 5%. Online mortgage calculator.
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,710 Reviews
Offers home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans with competitive rates and flexible plans. Online application. Prioritizes one-on-one customer support. Diverse mortgage products. Lenient down payment requirements.
|Guild Mortgage Company|
Read 165 Reviews
Offers conventional, FHA, USDA, VA and jumbo mortgage loans for purchase and refinancing options. Provides DPA, expanded (non-QM), short-term rental refinance and renovation loan programs. Programs for first-time buyers.
|Capital City Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Requires a minimum credit score of 500 for homebuying or refinancing. Helps borrowers raise their credit scores as part of its bad credit home loan/special program. Saturday appointments available.
|Capstar Lending||Read Author Review|
Employs loan officers who average more than 20 years of experience. Stays up to date on underwriting guidelines, government regulations and loan programs. Provides online mortgage calculators so clients know what they can afford.
|Leaman Team||Read Author Review|
Assists borrowers nationwide. Offers fixed-rate, jumbo, conventional, VA and FHA loans. Specializes in down payment assistance programs, including TSAHC, Austin DPA and Homes for Heroes.
|PrimeLending Austin||Read Author Review|
Lends to homebuyers and homeowners looking to refinance. Offers home loans, including fixed-rate, adjustable-rate, conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and FHA cash-out refinance mortgages.
|SecurityNational Mortgage Company Austin||Read Author Review|
Offers several loan programs, including conventional mortgage loans, land loans, reverse mortgages, FHA loans, new construction loans, investor loans, USDA/rural home loans, jumbo loans and VA loans.
|Sente Mortgage Austin||Read Author Review|
Headquartered in Austin. Provides online mortgage calculators and resources for customers. Offers free consultations that customers can schedule online. Guides borrowers through mortgage basics.
Mortgage rates trends in Austin
Austin is home to some of the most expensive real estate in Texas, with many Austin homes costing almost half a million dollars to more than $1 million. Median home prices have increased by 4.93% since 2000.
|Location||Median home price|
|West Lake Hills||$1,368,354|
How to choose a mortgage loan in Austin
Austin features some of the most expensive real estate in the country, but the city is also full of young, educated people looking to move upwards in their careers. Austin residents exploring wealthy neighborhoods should consider nonconforming or jumbo loans, and first-time homebuyers in Austin should look to government-backed FHA loans.
We sampled some popular Austin neighborhoods to show the best types of mortgage in each:
- Westlake Oaks: This neighborhood may be a good buy for families wanting to be near their children’s schools. The median home cost here is over $760,000, which makes a fixed-rate mortgage a good option, especially when the home has a higher list price than others in the area.
- Hughes Park Lake: This neighborhood is a good option for those looking for a safe, low-crime area. Its median home cost is $594,000, which makes government-backed mortgages like FHA or USDA loans good options.
- River Hills: This neighborhood is a good option for buyers looking for large, comfortable homes in an affluent neighborhood. The median home cost here is almost $1,400,000, which makes jumbo loans a necessity.
- Chestnut: This neighborhood is a good fit for singles and young couples because of its walkability and low crime rate. The median home cost is just shy of $480,000, which makes government-backed loans like FHA or USDA mortgages helpful. Because of their relaxed requirements, these loans suit the needs of singles and low-income buyers.
Finding a mortgage lender in Austin, TX
Outside of low mortgage rates, consider what services mortgage companies offer. You can also gather quotes, read online reviews, get recommendations from friends and educate yourself on how home loans work so that you feel confident choosing a mortgage company.
In Texas, the Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending and the Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner regulate the mortgage industry. You can look up a lender’s registration through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System. Likewise, a company that is part of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, so consider that when choosing a lender.
Austin home loan FAQ
- What is the mortgage rate in Austin?
- How do I get preapproved for a mortgage in Austin?
- Getting preapproved for a mortgage in Austin consists of verifying your financial stability through a W-2 form, tax returns and pay stubs.
- Can you put an offer in for a house without a mortgage in Austin?
- You can put an offer in for a house without a mortgage, but we don’t recommend these contingent offers. Getting preapproved before making an offer means there is a greater chance the purchase works out.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Austin mortgage company information
Leaman Team primarily offers a variety of loans for first-time homebuyers in Austin. Its lending team is available even after closing if you have any questions about your mortgage. Leaman gives mortgages for home purchase, refinance and renovation.
- Address: 3724 Executive Center Drive, Ste.110, Austin, TX 78731
- Phone: (512) 765-4300
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: maxleaman.com
Capstar Lending’s team of loan officers helps customers with many loan options, including conventional, VA and FHA financing. The company is an independent mortgage broker that works with major mortgage investors across the country to offer the lowest mortgage rates. Capstar guides customers through purchasing new homes and refinancing, whether they’re trying to save money or pay off their debt faster.
- Address: 6836 Austin Center Blvd., Austin, TX 78731
- Phone: (512) 459-2400
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: capstarlending.com
Sente Mortgage helps customers looking to buy homes or refinance. It also provides consultations and online mortgage tools. The company serves military families and offers refinance loans, VA loans and commercial lending. Sente employs mortgage bankers in each of its 13 locations across Texas.
- Address: 901 S. MoPac Expressway, Bldg. IV, Ste. 125, Austin, TX 78746; Multiple locations
- Phone: (512) 637-9900
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Website: sentemortgage.com
PrimeLending offers conventional and government-backed loans, including fixed-rate and adjustable mortgages. The company bases rates for purchasing and refinancing on individual loan programs and the size of your down payment. It has five conveniently located offices for Austin residents.
- Address: 1717 W. Sixth St., Ste. 340, Austin, TX 78703; Multiple locations
- Phone: (512) 826-8013
- Hours: M - Sun: 8am - 9pm
- Website: primelending.com
Capital City Mortgage is a mortgage brokerage company that works with more than 50 investors and financial institutions. The lender provides commercial and residential lending services. Capital City offers FHA, VA, USDA, jumbo and reverse mortgages.
- Address: 12731 Research Blvd., Bldg. A, Ste 100, Austin, TX 78759
- Phone: (512) 535 - 5193
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: capitalcitymortgagecompany.com
SecurityNational Mortgage Company is an award-winning mortgage lender. The company helps customers buy homes or determine if refinancing is the right decision for them. SecurityNational caters to borrowers nationwide by offering a variety of loan programs, including conventional, government-backed, reverse and jumbo mortgages.
- Address: 9737 Great Hills Trail, Ste. 200 & 222, Austin, TX 78759; Multiple locations
- Phone: (512) 795-5596
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: snmc.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.