Find the Best Mortgage Lenders in Albuquerque, NM
Top 12 Albuquerque Mortgage Companies
Read 3,264 Reviews
Offers affordable mortgages through its easy online approval process. Custom quotes include no obligations, no commitments and no hidden fees. Provides a wide variety of loan types, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA.
|Call Now Toll Free (866) 815-0655|
Read 943 Reviews
Nationwide mortgage lender based in California. Offers lending and refinancing services in almost every state. Specializes in fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans and guarantees the best pricing for your loan.
Read 9,398 Reviews
Provides new home loans and mortgage refinancing. Offers competitive interest rates. Award-winning mobile app. Online loan tracking. Guarantees closing date or the company will pay your first mortgage payment.
|BOK Financial Mortgage|
Read 1,709 Reviews
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA and Native American home loan programs plus mortgage refinancing. The Lock and Build program is available to finance new home construction. Direct mortgage lender.
Read 2,003 Reviews
Specializes in financing for new or used manufactured, modular and mobile homes. Provides conventional, land-home, FHA and biweekly advantage mortgages. Down payments start at 3.5% of the total purchase price.
|Guild Mortgage Company|
Read 152 Reviews
Offers conventional, FHA, USDA, VA and jumbo mortgage loans for purchase and refinancing options. Provides DPA programs, expanded (non-QM), short-term rental refinance and renovation loan programs.
|Financial Mortgage Solutions LLC||Read Author Review|
Provides specialized mortgage loans to veterans, first-time homebuyers and individuals with poor or no credit. Offers refinancing and one-close loans. Online applications available.
|Hometrust Mortgage Company||Read Author Review|
Provides in-house processing from underwriting and closing departments. Offers various loans, including FHA, VA, USDA, conventional and adjustable-rate mortgages. Debt consolidation and early payoff programs are available.
|Legacy Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Offers mortgages for all financial needs, including VA, FHA, FHA 203k, USDA, conventional, jumbo, Section 184 American Indian and fixed-rate loans. Provides fully certified military housing specialists. Apply for financing online.
|New Mexico Mortgage Company||Read Author Review|
Offers VA, FHA, FHA 203k, conventional, fixed-rate and jumbo loans. Refinances mortgages and assists with down payments. Provides repayable second mortgages with the Chenoa Fund program.
|Premier Choice Mortgage||Read Author Review|
Provides a variety of loan types to help Albuquerque residents purchase homes, build equity and refinance. Offers FHA, VA, HARP 2.0, reverse mortgages, interest-only, fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages.
|PrimeLending Albuquerque||Read Author Review|
Offers conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA, fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages along with specialized loans for refinancing, renovations and relocating. Helps borrowers with fair or poor credit.
Real estate trends in Albuquerque
The average listing price for houses in Albuquerque is around $200,000. Most home prices range from about $60,000 to $450,000, depending on the location, nearby amenities and the condition of the home.
|Location||Median home cost|
|Four Hills Village||$373,000|
Current Albuquerque mortgage rates
Mortgage rates in Albuquerque fluctuate, so if you’re ready to buy, check the current interest rates using this tool from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. Once you know roughly what mortgage rate you can expect, use our mortgage calculator to see how much you can afford. Different income levels, down payment amounts and loan terms affect the loan amount a borrower can afford.
Choosing a mortgage loan in Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque is both a colorful college town and a peaceful retreat for retired individuals. The most common mortgage types for Albuquerque residents are FHA loans for first-time homebuyers and VA loans for veterans.
Property costs in Albuquerque vary significantly depending on the location and amenities of the home in question. We chose some areas around Albuquerque and outlined what types of loans are popular for residents there in the list below.
- Sandia Heights: Full of young families and retirees alike, Sandia Heights is a small community that features upscale adobe homes surrounded by mountain views and parks. Homes in this area usually cost between $475,000 and $550,000, though some exceed $1 million. Popular lending options for this neighborhood include conventional mortgages and jumbo loans.
- Old Town: This neighborhood is brimming with restaurants and tiny artisan shops selling jewelry and pottery. Homes in Old Town range from $269,000 to $750,000, depending on the amenities and size of the property. Common mortgage loan types in this neighborhood include conventional and FHA 203k.
- Arenal: Arenal homebuyers are typically families with children. It is a low-crime neighborhood near several schools and a park. Property costs in this area range from $135,000 to $239,000 and the average home is priced around $199,000. Homebuyers here benefit most from FHA, construction FHA and fixed-rate loans.
- Nob Hill: This is a trendy area featuring historic homes on buzzing Central Avenue. Nob Hill is known for its taquerias, antique stores, galleries, hookah lounges, dance clubs and art-house cinemas. Because of its exciting nightlife, the area experiences some crime, though most reported crime is not property-related. Homes in this neighborhood range from $230,000 to $394,000 and common mortgages here include FHA loans and conventional loans.
- Glenwood Hills: Glenwood Hills is a popular neighborhood with homes that range from $300,000 to $400,000. The Cibola National Forest surrounds Glenwood Hills, and popular destinations like the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science and the ABQ BioPark Zoo are nearby. Typical loans for this area include conventional loans, FHA loans and construction FHA loans.
Federal mortgage requirements in Albuquerque, NM
Conforming loan limits in Albuquerque change over time, but if your new home’s value is under $500,000, you should be able to get a loan that meets the federal limits.
The main federal requirements for obtaining a conforming loan in Albuquerque are:
- A minimum credit score of 620 to 700
- A debt-to-income ratio that doesn’t exceed either 36% or 45%
- Verifiable documentation that the borrower can repay the mortgage, such as W-2 forms, recent pay stubs, tax returns and credit reports
The exact requirements depend on the type of loan you need and the size of your down payment.
Finding an Albuquerque mortgage lender
When selecting a lender, it’s critical to compare rates from several companies and find one that can assist with any specific needs you have, including the ability to work with poor credit or prove your income when you’re self-employed. Preapproval helps you compare mortgage rates from different lenders and lets you close faster once you put in an offer on a home.
When evaluating a mortgage company, consider which factors are important to you, then thoroughly read online reviews and ask for recommendations from family and friends. Some companies provide testimonials from former clients, too.
Albuquerque home loan FAQ
- What is the mortgage rate in Albuquerque?
- Mortgage rates in Albuquerque fluctuate over time but usually stay between 3% and 4%. Inflation, economic growth and your financial details impact your mortgage rate.
- Can you put an offer in for a house without a mortgage in Albuquerque?
- Yes, any individual can make an offer without a mortgage or mortgage approval. If your mortgage application isn’t approved, however, the offer is voided.
- How long does it take to get approved for a mortgage loan in New Mexico?
- In New Mexico, approval for a mortgage can take just a few business days, but the average time from preapproval to closing is between 30 and 60 days.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Albuquerque mortgage company information
The staff at New Mexico Mortgage Company helps individuals purchase their dream home or refinance outstanding loans. New Mexico Mortgage Company underwrites multiple mortgage options, including VA, FHA, conventional and fixed-rate loans. Individuals who don’t have a down payment prepared may qualify for financial assistance with a forgivable or repayable second mortgage through the Chenoa Fund program.
- Address: 6303 Indian School Road NE, Ste. 104, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Phone: (505) 292-3200
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: nmmortgagecompany.com
Financial Mortgage Solutions' experienced loan officers help Albuquerque residents find and apply for mortgages. Individuals with excellent credit or no credit at all can apply for loans here, and the company has lending options that require 0% down. Consumers can utilize its mortgage calculator and convenient application tool directly on its website.
- Address: 9680 Eagle Ranch Road NW, Ste. 6, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- Phone: (505) 363-1580
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: fmshome.com
Legacy Mortgage offers traditional and specialized mortgages that range from conventional loans to Section 184 American Indian loans. Each loan officer at the company is a fully certified military housing specialist. Borrowers can present a loan estimate from another lender to potentially secure better lending and receive a $100 prepaid gift card.
- Address: 6725 Academy Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109; Multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 296-4747
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: legacylending.mortgage
Hometrust Mortgage Company is a nondepository mortgage bank that's prepared to meet a variety of needs. Borrowers work with its team of seven loan officers to find customized mortgage solutions for properties throughout Albuquerque. Refinancing, debt consolidation and early payoff programs are available to those who qualify.
- Address: 8421 Osuna Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111; Multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 212-8000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: hometrust.mymortgage-online.com
Premier Choice Mortgage offers mortgages and financial guidance for borrowers wanting to purchase or refinance a home. The company has a variety of loan options, including FHA, VA, fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages. Borrowers can view daily mortgage rates and apply for lending directly on the company’s website.
- Address: 6330 Riverside Plaza Lane, Ste. 175, Albuquerque, NM 87120
- Phone: (505) 830-9685
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: pcmbankers.com
PrimeLending is an award-winning mortgage company that provides loans for first-time homebuyers, veterans and retirees. It offers conventional and government-insured refinancing options with conforming limits for those who qualify. Borrowers can apply for loans and get free resources directly on the company’s website.
- Address: 6755 Academy Road NE, Ste. A, Albuquerque, NM 87109; Multiple locations
- Phone: (505) 299-5000
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: primelending.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.