Get Started

2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

4.8/5 (32 ratings)

About Monetary Gold

Monetary Gold is a direct precious metals dealer that can help you invest in gold, silver, platinum or palladium. It offers both cash purchases and self-directed gold and silver IRAs. Depository storage is available through Delaware Depository. You can contact Monetary Gold for a free coin guide, TSP guide or gold IRA guide to learn more.

Pros

• Free shipping for new clients
  • Offers gold and silver IRAs
  • Large selection of investments

Cons

• Not available on weekends or holidays
  • Prices not listed online

Bottom Line

Monetary Gold deals in precious metals. Clients enjoy perks like free shipping and access to workshops with trusted advisors. Customer service isn’t always available, but you can monitor your account online.

Top Monetary Gold Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The three people who guided me through my investment are phenomenal. ... They made me feel at ease through the complete process. They answered every question I asked to my satisfa...

Verified

Monetary Gold's customer service is first class! Not only did they walk me through the process of setting up a precious metals IRA but they handled all of the paperwork and made t...

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is Monetary Gold?

Monetary Gold is a precious metals dealer that specializes in gold and silver investment products, including rare, foreign, modern proof, bullion and semi-numismatic versions of mass-produced coins. Monetary Gold can also help you open a precious metals IRA and fund your account with IRS-approved precious metals.

Metal prices fluctuate depending on several factors, including their mintage, scarcity and demand. Be aware that proof coins usually have a premium beyond the value of their metal content, too. Some popular options (separated by class) include:

• Bullion coins: Gold Austrian Philharmonic, South African Krugerrand, gold Canadian Maple Leaf, gold and silver American Eagle and American Gold Buffalo coins
  • Rare U.S. coins: Saint Gaudens, Liberty and Indian gold coins
  • Foreign coins: Gold British Sovereign, German mark, Swiss franc, French franc Angel, french franc, Napoleon III franc, Italian lire and Belgium franc coins
  • Modern proof coins: Gold and silver American Eagle coin sets

Monetary Gold storage

Once you fund your IRA, Monetary Gold transfers the precious metals to the depository on your behalf.

• Shipping and delivery: Shipments are fully insured and require signatures upon arrival.
  • Storage: Metals are stored at Delaware Depository Service Company. This facility has high-security vaults, monitored security devices and redundant alarms.

Once the metals have been processed, inspected and insured, your IRA custodian is responsible for statements and holdings.

If you’re not using an IRA and you want your metals delivered to you, you can select from FedEx, USPS or UPS for shipping. This option costs a $30 flat fee.

Monetary Gold fees

With Monetary Gold, you pay $100 per year to store and insure up to $100,000 of gold. For accounts over $100,000, it costs $1 for every additional $1,000 of gold. For example, if you have $150,000 of gold, your annual fee would be $150.

Monetary Gold also requires a $5,000 to $10,000 minimum investment, depending on your choice of custodian.

Monetary Gold FAQ

Yes. You can have multiple retirement accounts, and Monetary Gold can help you roll over your 401(k) or 403(b) into a precious metals IRA without incurring penalties or taxes. Transfers are available for traditional, Roth or SEP IRAs as well.
It takes Monetary Gold about two to three days to open a gold IRA account after processing begins.
You can have gold, silver, platinum and palladium in an IRA with Monetary Gold.
Depending on the custodian you choose, the required minimum investment amount is between $5,000 and $10,000.
Monetary Gold is headquartered in Woodland Hills, California.

Do we recommend Monetary Gold?

Monetary Gold is a viable option if you’re interested in investing in precious metals, but it doesn’t have much that makes it stand out from other gold IRA companies. Still, it may be worth learning more to see if it’s right for you. You can also take advantage of the company’s free workshops to learn more about how to invest in gold and other precious metals.

Monetary Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monetary Gold?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We were looking for the right place to put our IRA that would hopefully be a shelter in a storm. In each conversation with Brandon, the senior account executive at Monetary Gold, we had a growing sense that we had found the right harbor. At no time was any pressure put on us so that we would feel rushed into a decision. It was a matter of his gracious presence, broad knowledge of the world of finance, and genuine interest in our well-being whatever we might decide to do. He invited us to explore with him, ask any questions, and naturally we did look at options with other institutions. But we always felt at peace with his competence, openness, and true respect for our desire to discover the right path for us. With his good-natured and easygoing accompaniment, we were led over a period of time to open an account with Monetary Gold. We are glad and at peace about it. Kathleen M.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for such a great review and thank you for sharing the details. That was really nice. We look forward to a long prosperous relationship.

Sincerely,

Mark

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

As a first time investor, with a special mention to Brandon ** and Charles **, my decision to choose this firm and the process was seamless. Brandon and Charles were extremely informative and patient with many questions that I posed. Through their calming demeanor and kindness throughout our phone conversations, I felt I was making the right choice to invest with as well as join the Monetary Gold family. Happy trails to the family of investors at Monetary Gold! May we all see our fortunes real soon. God bless us all.

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you for sharing with us. I'm so glad you're a part of the Monetary Gold family. Happy trails to you as well and thank you for sharing such a nice review.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

For what seems like much of my adult life, I have been a collector of precious metals in bullion form. But with uncertain governmental monetary policy stalking sound money practice, I had become increasingly less certain that my financial preparations were safe and sufficient for future needs for my family. So I began a search for a source to guide me through the minefield of competitive money sharks and gurus.

Believing that prayer helps, I asked to find the right guidance. online I came upon Monetary Gold (BBB rated A+). Subsequent conversations with Nicholas ** were encouraging. His patience and knowledge was the education I needed to gain trust again to move forward in my financial affairs from Bullion to Privacy Metals. Nicholas is the steady hand I needed on my shoulder. He keeps his word and delivers as promised always. Now my wife and I are satisfied as we begin our long term relationship with Nicholas and Monetary Gold.

Kenneth,

That is just stunning to read those words. We thank and appreciate you. We'll keep you updated as the markets move.

Welcome to the family,

Mark

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience with Monetary Gold has been great. Dealing with Mr. ** has been a pleasure. We talked on the phone several times before, during and after the transactions. He has always been very informative and sent me some very informational reports. He has also called to see how my wife and I are doing once he became aware of an illness in the family. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. So far I moved over an IRA and made two purchases of physical metal which came really quickly. I recommend Monetary Gold and I will continue to do business with them.

Carlos,

Thank you for such great words. We are happy to welcome you into the Monetary Gold family and look forward to a long relationship. We wish you all the best of success.

Mark

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Back a few months my wife and myself decided to look into purchasing precious metals, we had no clue how to start the process. After doing some research finally we decided to go Monetary Gold. On paper they were a solid company with solid ratings but we needed more than that to be confident in what we were doing. I was contacted by one of their representatives a Mr. Jeff ** (no relation to the great guitarist Jeff Beck but I was hopeful). We had a wonderful conversation that day. Jeff answered every question we and educated on how we could obtain our goals and provided us with exceptional guidance. It was about a week later we had another conversation and once again felt very confident in the information he provided and in the way he presented the information. Jeff is very professional and a down to earth guy who is easy to communicate with.

We made our first Gold and Silver purchase a few days later, which required transferring funds from a Roth IRA which Jeff and Angela handled from start to finish. We have since made 3 more Precious Metals Purchases and now have a solid foundation to build on to help make our retirement a little more secure. All this wouldn’t have happened if we were not completely comfortable with Jeff and Angela and all those at Monetary Gold who helped us get started. We consider Jeff and the staff at Monetary Gold as part of our family, and we look forward to adding to our investment over the years to come. Thank for helping us secure a future for Ourselves and our Children and Grandchildren. I appreciate you Jeff **.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It has been truly a pleasure working with Monetary Gold, From the beginning they took my information and contacted my 457 plan and had it transferred to my new account with them. It could not have been easier. I have been impressed with their professionalism and speed with which they put together this deal. Sincerely, Renee **.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for kindly sharing your experience with us. The process is quite daunting sometimes, so I'm so glad it went easy. I so appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It was a experience dealing with him. Jonathan answered all my question. It was a easy transition to move money from my IRA to an IRA Monetary Gold account. They did all the paperwork. Then got back to me when done.

Hi William,

It was such a pleasure doing business with you. Welcome to the Monetary Gold family. We'll stay in touch and keep you up to date. Thank you for the great rating.

Mark

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I recently became a customer of Monetary Gold. My experience with Monetary Gold representative, Jonathan **, was extremely professional, informative, and detailed. Mr. ** took me step by step through the benefits of obtaining gold and silver as a profitable investment. He thoroughly presented each investment option and their advantages until clearly understood them. I even received a purchase discount by getting in on a bulk order by Monetary Gold. I would recommend Monetary Gold as an investment company to all my friends and relatives.

Sincerely,

Eddie Arnado

Hi Edward,

That's awesome! Those bulk purchases don't happen all the time, so cashing in on that was a good choice. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. This just helps us improve our customer service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

After much research I went with Monetary Gold, because Eric ** and his associates made the transaction very easy and uncomplicated and gave the best advice during the process, very informative and professional. I will highly recommend to anyone who’s looking to invest in precious metals to get in touch with the folks at Monetary Gold.

Robert

Hi Robert,

That's awesome to hear. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for the great review. We look forward to a long relationship.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was ready to start investing in gold and silver. I researched who I wanted to represent me as a dealer/agent. I decided Monetary Gold was the best. Since my transaction, I have been very pleased with the professionalism and urgency of my transaction.

Karen,

That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing. You are a part of an elite group of people. Everybody wants to own gold, but you took action. Welcome to the family.

Monetary Gold Company Information