Merrill Edge Mutual Funds
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Merrill Edge Mutual Funds

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

9 Merrill Edge Mutual Funds Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

They offer easy, confident, online usage. They have all the details in sections which makes it that much easier to understand and find what you want and when you want it. I like that it’s secure and with it categorized it’s awesome to know that I can search from anywhere. However, the sign in process has to be easier. We can use the sign in but I hate that make us jump through the hoops to sign in.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They are very professional and knowledgeable about finances. They help me with my financial planning, from saving to buy a house to making sure my future retirement is secured. I get financial education materials from my investment firm in addition to other sources. When I decide I want to buy or sell, I contact my financial advisor to ask his opinion then make the transaction. However I would like it if it was easier to contact my financial advisor. Financial institutions are just inherently intimidating to people who are inexperienced with investing/finances.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

It was very easy to purchase, I did most of it online and then walked into the office the next day to finalize everything. It was super customized and they made sure I was happy with everything I had done before finalizing it and taking my money. They are dedicated to providing quality service at a decent price. But I would love to have a dedicated adviser who I can contact and knows me and my personal finances and what I need help with.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Merrill Edge is a nice company to work with... I had a great experience with the company. Easy to trade off, and helped me a lot to grow financially grow. I love the response got from the customer service, easy to call and very nice over the phone call. It was also an easy process have a website. Just go online and buy or trade your stock. Even the selling portion is very easy as well. I recommend to sign up with this company. I am very satisfied with the result which I got with the company.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I spoke with an advisor by telephone who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to assist me in making the best choices while keeping my personal goals in mind. Easier online access would be helpful in managing my account. It is almost impossible to get through the online security checks to enter your account if you forget passwords in the different types of accounts that you hold. Other than that, I am very pleased with the level of customer service and communication. Being able to speak with a real live person as needed was incredibly helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrill Edge?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Merrill Edge Mutual Funds offers me a great support client, this is what I really appreciate about their services, they have also excellent prices. They have very professional assessors, so I really trust their services. I followed their specific suggestions every time in order to save in the best way my resources. But they should offer more innovative promotions or new financial products. They could also increase their earning rates.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We need to be constantly checking for any low performing funds or stocks and replace it with better one. I like that Merrill Edge has very useful tools that all customers can easily learn and use at all times. The service it provides are also top of the class. The company also let you customize and check all your account information to make sure everything is alright and up to date. Overall I am satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Merrill Edge is a company I admire and have a good reputation about. They have amazing and awesome customer service. They are very innovative and always deliver to your expectations, is very great and unique and always up to their tasks. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I enjoy that my mutual funds' account provides a long withstanding detailed array of financial means and resource outlets which directly curtail to the organization, contemporary attributes, modernization, more technical approaches and overall more practical yet equally innovative methods of conducting business and financial profit and protection as well with their company. It’s convenient and resourceful because of its features and it comes with a decadent and intricate array of financial attributes as well as a wonderful board group which assists in consulting and the company’s customer service representatives are always helpful as well as competent in their respects too. I have had only positive experiences with them and I look forward to using them in the future.

Merrill Edge expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Bank of America bought Merrill Lynch in 2008, and Merrill Edge launched in 2010 to streamline services for existing Bank of America and Merrill Lynch brokerage customers. Merrill Edge offers a wide variety of financial services, including managing mutual funds. Both those with Merrill Edge accounts and those with accounts at other firms can purchase Merrill Edge mutual funds.

• Financial services: Merrill Edge offers many financial services, including professionally managed and self-managed brokerage accounts, retirement accounts, college savings, personal banking and more. In addition to mutual funds, those with brokerage accounts can purchase stocks, ETFs and options.

• Socially responsible funds: Merrill Edge has several funds the company classifies as socially responsible, meaning they do not include investments in companies whose practices are environmentally harmful or in conflict with any religious beliefs. The funds are also free of investments with alcohol, tobacco or firearms companies.

• Client education: The Merrill Edge site has several easy-to-understand resources for those who have never invested in mutual funds before. The articles How to Choose a Mutual Fund and How to Read a Mutual Fund Prospectus are useful for new investors and available for free.

• Financial advisors: Investors looking for extra guidance can get help from a Merrill Edge financial advisor. They can find an advisor in their area by visiting the company’s website.

• Live chat: Visitors to the Merrill Edge site can get instant answers to their questions with the site’s live chat feature, available 24/7.

• Best for: new investors, busy investors, conservative investors and retirees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs