Meredian Financial Corp.

Costa Mesa, CA

Compare Debt Consolidation Companies

Research top Debt Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In Aug. 2010, they called and told me I qualified for a loan remodification. We complied with all their requests for information, faxes (of which came weekly!) mailings, and etc. After 5 months and telling me to not make Dec. 2010 mortgage because we were going to settlement, they told me we no longer qualified for their product because we had defaulted on our current mortgage. They told us not to make it!

They got us for a total of $2786.44. They are a bogus company operating on the desperate emotions of the people, just trying to lower their payments. If you have been scammed by this company and live in the State of Maryland, please contact the Attorney General's office at and file a complaint. Maybe if we band together and form a class action type of complaint, maybe, just maybe justice can be done.

I was contacted by phone by this company to provide refinancing for my home. I was interested in the rate they offered and they told me that they could quickly refinance my home for a rate that was more than a percent less than I am currently paying. The promise was that they could save me over $200 a month. The original loan application paper they sent looked really good and I checked them on the HUD website. They seemed like a legitimate company so I signed the rate lock agreement that they insisted was in my best interest and sent them $899 for the first month's mortgage. It has been three months and the rate lock has expired and there is still no evidence that closing is anywhere close though they have advised me to stop paying on my current mortgage. Unfortunately, the last set of loan documents they sent me do not add up.

They are now asking that I pay $107 a month in PMI. I have never paid PMI on my home. They closing costs are listed at around $6000 which seems high to me and yet the final cost of the mortgage they are proposing is $10,000 more than I currently owe. They tell me that there is no way that I can get the $899 back because even though the rate lock period is over, they are still working on a loan for me. They could work on a loan for me for the next two years of in perpetuity and as long as that is happening they have a right to keep my money.

They had the audacity to call me last week and ask for an additional $1000 to prepay my February mortgage so that I could have another month with no mortgage payment. It was a special service they provided their customers. I declined to send them anymore money. I believe now that there was never any intent to close a refinance on my home but to make the process so difficult and expensive for me that I would just walk away leaving them my money. I wish I had found your website before I sent them anything.

This is a true accounting of the experience I had with Allen ** of Liberty Recovery Group located in Homerville, Georgia. I hired Liberty Recovery to do some basic telemarketing & prepaid him for 80 hours. It was a disaster from the beginning.

The company was extremely disorganized and unreliable with calling times, script, lead coding, etc. The worst part were the callers, they are back-woods folks and their southern accent is so thick you can hardly understand them. It sounds like they have a very low IQ and they certainly can't carry on a two-sided conversation. Most of the calls were spent stumbling over basic information and interrupting the prospect. I communicated with the owner, Allen ** through the process and we brainstormed on how to improve things.

He kept telling me he had better callers and would change things, but the callers he would bring in as replacements were just as bad as the first. After 40 hours, Allen stopped responding to email or phone calls. I offered to allow him to continue calling and finish out the contract (even though I was unsatisfied with the results) or refund me the remaining 40 hours, but he completely ignored my repeated requests. If you look at Google street view of Allen ** and Liberty Recovery's address it is a residential house.

It appears as if Allen ** is trying to run a business out of a home with a thrown together group of his friends and if someone has an issue with the results, he just steals their money and ignores their communications. When you talk to him, he comes off as an extremely nice, trustworthy guy, but it's all an act. If you're considering using Allen ** or Liberty Recovery Group of Homerville, GA, run away!

I have tried to work with this company for the last 8 months. They took my $2,754 Rate Lock in May 2010. This company recently committed fraud by redacting the rate lock agreement and editing the phone conversation. (Both of which I have proof of.) I will be filing charges with the Orange County District Attorney’s office within 48 hours. This company needs to be shut down. Call me if you want to be part of a Class Action lawsuit. ** Mark

Just an update of my complaint results via BBB of the Southland. Meredian sent a letter of denial after BBB contacted them. It was dated 9/21/2010 four months with David ** name on and sent on 10/10/2010. In mid August 2010 I was told David ** no longer worked there. Meredian's rebuttal is once the client signs a Rate Lock Agreement, the rate lock deposit will not be refunded. Is that so? Where's all you’re hard-earned sweat money that all you folks out there got scammed out of your pockets?

Let's work together to put these ** out of business so no one else will be victimized any more. I would suggest that we write to The Daily Pilot, the local Costa Mesa newspaper, to disclose their misdeeds. HUD shall be informed so Meredian's name is erased from HUD's website. Meredian's first attempt to solicit business is to point to their legitimacy on HUD's website. I was convinced by that and fell into their trap as a result. What has Orange County DA office done so far? BBB cannot do anything about them anyway. Pretty soon they will wrap up their business and change their name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meredian Financial Corp.?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I received a call in early February 2010 from Anas ** of Meredian Financial Corporation concerning refinancing my home mortgage. I was interested if the rate was better than my current one. He extracted the necessary information from me, then followed up with a email saying I was approved on 2-13-10. I was instructed to fax copy of my current mortgage statement, copy of my insurance declaration (home owner's Insurance), my last two years tax returns, copy of mast two months banking statements and a lock in fee of $700.00, paid via credit card to Fortis Title Solutions Corporation, and later an appraisal fee, both of which he assured me would be refunded at closing, which would occur as early as 2 weeks.

Having heard nothing since February, on 4-11-2010, I emailed Anas and asked the refinance status/closing date or a refund. He replied on 4-12-2010, asking if I had any additional income for the income I had on file exceeds the DTI ratio. I stated I had no other income other than that listed and confirmed on my tax returns. He was to call me back.

Again time passed, and finally I again called inquiring about the loan. I was transferred and a woman said I had not qualified and a refund would be processed. Again, time passed and I began leaving Anas phone messages, but no one returned my calls. Today (10-19-2010), Anas answered his phone on my third try. He said I had reported my income wrong and thus I would not get a refund. I reported nothing "wrong" for he had filled out the application while we were on the phone and the tax returns verified what I had claimed, so any error, if there ever was one, was his. He was not as polite as he was when seeking my business now. If fact, he was short with me.

An inaccurate financial declaration in my handwriting does not exist. I asked him if this had all been a scam, for currently, I was pulling up many complaints on them online. He stated "obviously it was not". To which I replied, then I was due a refund of the lock in fee and my appraisal fee, which had never even been done. He was to check on the application and call me back in 24 or 48 hours. Of course, I am sitting by the phone. I am an educated woman and I do believe I have been scammed. I called the Orange County DA office and found no Anthony ** as a earlier post suggested, perhaps a last name for him could be provided?

I have never been scammed before. What does one do to stop these people? I was interested in refinancing due to a health problem requiring the addition of a medicine called Humaria which has co-payment of $550/month. I lost money on this scam, which I could well have used to cover at least two months supply of the medicine, which I still cannot afford. Later, I did not qualify for the medication assistance program for I made too much money! Go figure.

I was ripped off by this company. In August 2010, I was called by this company who said they were working with Wachovia Bank to modify my mortgage. They said I needed to give a lock in fee which would be the amount of my potential new lower mortgage of $1,296. They wanted me to give at least two months of that amount but I said I couldn't afford that so they said one month was okay. They sent paper work for my husband and me to fill out and we did. We called and got no response for two months. Now, I have been calling to get my money back with no response. I feel so ashamed and cheated. If my husband knew about this, he would kill me. I have lost my money and don't know what to do.

I was contacted by Meredian Financial on Aug 13, 2010. I was told that I was pre approved for a refinance of my mortgage. Upon speaking with the credit manager, I was lead to believe that I was completely approved, he said Congratulations. I was also told that an appraisal would likely not be necessary and if so, just as a formality. Communication between myself and said company was totally one way, being all on my part. I was either sent to voice mail or sent a quick email. In the end, I was sent an email telling me that my loan was denied. When I called to inquire about getting back my lock in fee for a loan I was not getting, they told me it was non refundable. I consider myself a fairly bright individual and believe me when I tell you I did not see this one coming.

I was charged the following amounts on my credit report with Experian: $1,664, $1,352, and $891. They indicate I owe the following Creditor: Promotora Sunset Beach Club. I have never conducted any business with these companies. I have "good" rated credit ratings and am in good standing with all my credit cards. What can I do to dispute this? Experian will not help me. I am currently looking into buying a house. This has brought down my credit rating and standing with Experian and I am losing sleep thinking that this will affect the other credit companies soon.

I was scammed by Meredian Financial Corp. on May 25, 2010 by paying $2391.00 for a so-called lock-in rate deposit fee which will be applied at closing for refinancing. All private, financial information were provided; the credit report fee was paid; appraisal fee was paid. More than three months passed by with no official reply nor email given for the result. Emails sent were not replied; phone calls left unanswered. Finally, I talked to David ** who was the loan officer, more than two weeks ago, promising to process refund by emailing his customer service dept to start the process.

Nothing happened. I called on Sept. 10 and someone named Daniel, the manager, claimed that David ** no longer works for Meredian. He promised the same thing, but nothing occurs. I called two days ago and talked with Brad who promised the same thing.

It is evident that hundreds of clients all over the U.S. have been duped by Meredian into paying the deposit fee which is equivalent to one-month mortgage payment. Please help so no one else will be victimized by this predator and put them out of business.

They charged my credit card about $2,200 to provide a service to refinance my house. But they did not provide that service.

I also have been completely scammed out of $2,221.00 by this horrible company. Honest to God, how do they sleep at night knowing that they are ripping off people left and right? My only hope at justice is with Danny ** of the Orange County District Attorney's Office. He is working to stop these criminals. Please call him with your story.

This is a big scam. Thank goodness I did not fall prey and checked all the reviews online. Same story with me. I got a call supposedly with my bank's underwriting department telling me I qualify for a refi since I have made payments on time. When I said I'm interested, they transferred me to this guy, Anas, who charged me $30 to run my credit and came back with a refi offer. He asked me to put down my new first month mortgage or $4644 as a deposit that will be returned back to me once the loan closes.

I said fine and he immediately sent me a bunch of legal papers to sign electronically. He started calling me every 15 minutes and that’s when I got suspicious and started googling to get all this stuff. When he called me again and I informed him of the negative reports, he made a clumsy excuse. I asked him specific questions like, give me your website, your address, website of the escrow company. For each question, he put me on hold and came back with a reply. Funny, he didn't even have his company's website on hand. Later when I checked, everything was false. He told me his company's website is and that turned out to be a builder in Ohio. I decided not to deal with them and lost only $30 and my personal information for which I have placed a fraud alert with all the bureaus. Stay away from these guys, they are a total scam.

I have the same story as others. On July 24, 2010, I received a "cold call" on my home phone from someone saying he represented the underwriting dept. of my bank and I had been assessed for reduction in mortgage with lower interest rate with no out-of-pocket costs. The message indicated they were affiliated with my bank (a lie). I called and it was Meredian Financial Corp. Martin ** returned call; after discussion they asked me to lock-in interest rate for $667 stating that interest rates were already increasing (a lie).

Very foolishly, I gave my credit card information on July 26, 2010. My credit card company called to question the transaction, giving me a "fraud alert". For some unknown reason, I foolishly gave permission to go ahead and they recorded the call. The funds were to be credited back to me for closing costs (a lie) if I completed the paperwork in 3 days and the loan closed in 30 days. I faxed and FedExed the application and other materials, but became increasingly suspicious. The website was down when I tried to find phone numbers. So I tried to contact them to either cancel (and get the $$ returned) or close the refinancing asap. I did agree to continue and gave permission to appraise my property.

Then I heard nothing further. 10 days ago, when I had not heard from anyone and the 30 days was about up, I started calling and contacting Meredian to arrange the closing. None of the phone numbers were connected to an individual, including the manager's (Mike's) phone number which was supposed to be an around-the-clock number or the main line with Mike, Sandra, or Russell's extension. I have contacted my credit card to report the dispute and possible scam, but it seems the contract/agreement is solid, no refunds.

So, no refinancing was done, No service was actually provided for the funds, and they have all my financial and personal information. I have contacted them by email demanding the return of the original documents. I have also called the phone number listed on my credit card bill twice to discuss the matter. Amazing! Especially since I have a Ph.D. and a masters in Consumer Economics. These companies should not be allowed to continue these deceptive practices. I plan to pursue the avenues I may have to get my funds and documents returned. It's an expensive lesson learned!

I am writing about the practices of Meridian Financial Corp. I began a refinance title change with this company in May 2010. After providing the required information, I failed to hear anything further from this company. My attempts to contact the status of the process have been to no avail. Promises to call me back have not materialize. My credit card too has been charged $3294.00 on May 25, 2110 payment to Fortis Title Solutions. Have I been scammed?

The pitch was that they were working with my mortgage holder (CitiMortgage) and that due to consistent regular payments that I qualified for a reduction in percentage rat- - no costs to me, just provide the information and start the process and it's done. The catch for me was that they were offering a 1/4 percent lower rate if I would pay $1500 for the lock, seemed reasonable so I allowed a recording to be made that recorded the process. There I was stuck, where after getting off the phone with these guys I started to investigate them on the web and found 100% negative reviews and reports to the BB of CA.

Since one day had past and I had not faxed them any signed papers and the process had not really started, I told them I did not want to do business, that day I found the $1500 charge to my account. Seemed unreasonable since they had not provide the service for that charge. US Bank Vista did not agree and the charge stands. In all, a small price compared to where some people are today due to dealing farther with these crooks. Most important thing is to get the word out and keep others from any dealings with these scammers.

When Debbie first called in for help, I went over the complete application and submitted her information into the Fannie Mae Underwrite. When asked about her income, she went over all of her income which included social security, pension as well as another trust fund that she has from her husband which she gets paid monthly. So the loan was approved based on the guideline. When the processor talked to her, she didn't want to submit the trust fund paperwork that she said she had. She said that she didn't need to use that. I have helped thousands of customers who were completely honest with their qualification and their income. But if you lie through the initial call, then there is nothing that I can do about it! Because Debbie lied about her income initially, she got approved for the loan but when sending the paperwork to finalize the transaction, she was no longer approved for the loan.

They called me said they were my mortgage co. They told me because I had made my payment on time, they could refinance my mortgage at a lower rate. They told me they wouldn't have to get my house appraised. They said the needed a credit so they could put 1 month payment on it and it would be refunded. I then found out they had nothing to do with my mortgage co. I checked them online and found out that the BBB of Orange Co gave them a F rating. I told them I did not want to do business with them and to return the money. They have refused to do that. This company should not be allowed to be in business. I would be grateful for any help you can give me. Thanks. Frank.

Meridian called claiming to represent my current mortgage company. They promised a 15 year fixed rate of 4.75 and needed a month’s payment which would be refunded at closing to lock in the rate. I sent in my paperwork and heard nothing. After a couple of weeks of hounding them and limited response back, I demanded my monies back and to stop the process. Now for a week, they are unresponsive to my call. My credit card company is working on it, but we will see.

Meredian contacted me acting as if they were representing my current mortgage co. I was told they would be able to refinance my mortgage at a lower interest rate. They required me to put down $2745 to lock in my interest rate and provide my financial information, which I did. They then told me my loan was approved. After a couple of days they informed me they were not able to do the loan and told me they would get me a refund right away, then told me it would be a couple of weeks.

After weeks of getting the runaround they told me that they were not going to give me my money back. They responded to a complaint I filed with the better business bureau saying I canceled the loan and therefore forfeited my deposit. I never canceled, but this is their game to steal your deposit. If you've been ripped off by these scammers contact Anthony *** at the Orange County D.A.'s office, he would like to hear your story. You can also notify California division of Corporations, California Dept. of Real Estate. Meredian knows that the amounts they steal are small enough that most people won't get an attorney involved, so be very careful if you are thinking of dealing with this company.

I wish I had read these letters before I got involved with Meridian. I was told my bank wanted to refinance my home and would pay all expenses. Three months later they have charged over $1100 to my credit card and the loan fell through. I only gave Martin permission to charge my credit card one time to lock in the loan for $600 and other charges popped up. I plan to get full reimbursement. I just am not sure how to go about it. Do I need to get a lawyer? Has anyone else had success getting their money back? When I talked to Martin (which took some doing he would not return my calls) he said there were some forms to get my money back. I have heard nothing from him since. I would love to have some legal advice how to proceed.

In January 2010, I received a call from the Meredian Company claiming to be my current mortgage company. They said since I have paid my mortgage payments on time, I qualify for a simple refinance (supposedly with my current mortgage company). I questioned this and got my financial advisor on the phone who listened to the conversation and she thought it was legitimate because of the information they had. I was told it was a no cost loan, yet they asked for $700.00 to be put on my credit card for the processing fees and I would get that refunded at closing. In the forms that I signed it said I would get my money back if I did not qualify.

As the loan process continued it turns out I do not legitimately qualify for a loan (I do not have a job), so I called and said since I don't qualify I would like my money refunded. Anas said I told him I had a trust fund so I can qualify. I never said I had a trust fund, he completely made that up. Because of this lie, I qualify; therefore, I do not get my money back. I called the manager and he said, "Too bad." I told him I was going to try everything to get my money back and he laughed and said, "Good luck, darling."

Since this has happened I have found out that they are a scamming company and many people have been ripped off for a lot of money. I have tried to recover the $700 but nothing is working. It is their word against mine and big companies who scam people will always win out. I have tried my credit card company, who tried to recover it for me but lost. I tried the Better Business Bureau who also lost out. They have been reported numerous times but no one has gotten their money back.

I called back this number. after receiving a recorded message that they could help lower my home montage interest rate to 5.375%. I called and spoke to Joel, who asked what I owed on my mortgage and the rate. I asked about my 2nd mortgage. I gave him information on what the balance was of that and the interest rate. He asked about other debts I owed I gave him a rough estimate.

He asked what my job was and how much I made and hour and also my husband's job. He did some calculations and said I could lower my payments by 318.00 a month. He wanted to get started right away, I would have to give them 1,300. dollars to put into escrow and I would get that back at the loan closing. I inquired how much it would be for closing costs and he said it would be 1 month payment and would be included in the loan. He was anxious to get me started. I told him I needed to talk to my husband when he got home. I checked out the company in the internet, and read the complaints. I am glad I did. I never heard of this company before. I will not be calling them back, and I have registered their number on my do not call list.

My wife and I made the mistake of trying to refinance with this company! Around December 3, 2009, we began refinancing our home with Meredian Financial Corporation of Costa Mesa, CA. They were going to get us a fixed 30-year mortgage at 5.125% interest rate. We paid already close to $3,000.00 in a lock down that was supposed to go towards closing cost, and an appraisal, which occurred on December 20th.

The loan still hadn't closed after the New Year and they said it couldn't because they needed more financial proof that we wouldn't default on the loan. When they required complete tax returns from 2007 and 2008, we began doing come investigating (talking with friends that are mortgage brokers, this is not an uncommon practice but one that we had never experienced with a refinance). Through the Department of Financial Institutions (DFI - a division of the Attorney General in Washington State), we discovered that they are neither licensed in Washington state to broker mortgages, nor do they have a surety bond.

I immediately filed a complaint with the DFI and filed a fraud alert with the Social Security Administration. That week, I wrote no less than three e-mails ending the transaction and demanding a total refund. The replies avoided the refund, justified their position and requested a return telephone call to discuss the matter, of which I refused. I requested to only correspond via e-mail.

This is a breakdown of the expenses: $1,707.13 payment that was to be applied to closing costs $12.99 wire transfer reimbursable $750.00 lock in fee $450.00 appraisal.

To keep from going into default on our mortgage with our current mortgage lender, Bank of America, we had to pull money from our adoption fund that we've been saving up for the past year. We are right on the cusp of adopting - all of the paperwork/classes are done and we are just waiting for the child. We live on one single-teacher's income, as my wife stays at home with our 4-yr-old daughter.

After a week of waiting for a response, I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Southland, Inc - Southern California. Note this, when we originally started the loan, they had the BBB symbol on their website. They even had the logo on their e-mails, rating them an "A-". They are not members of the BBB and the BBB logo is now absent from their website. After two attempts to contact them with no response, the BBB has now closed the file. You can access the BBB's rating of them at which now gives them an "F" rating.

In the meantime, I sent Meredian two more e-mails demanding a total refund. Again, no response, so I filed a complaint with the Department of Real Estate of California and the National Fraud Information Center.

I waited a month to file this report, hoping that Meredian would make good on the refund. Seeing that they have not, I'm hoping the government will do their part and that websites like this one will shed light on Meredian.

Meredian Financial Corp. Company Profile