Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Costa Mesa, CA

Meredian Financial Corp. Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

This crap is a scam. I’ve called every number possible but it always says call back during business hours which is about 9:00 a.m. They have been trying to get a payment so I had my bank block them... SCAM SCAM SCAM!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I just pulled two funds, totally about $25,000 out of Meridian Funds because of their contempt for customers. I've been investing with them for about 15 years. Recently, they contracted their online interface with a third-party vendor (BNY Mellon). The interface is terrible. The biggest issue I have with it is that you can't login if you haven't in a month. So, back in December I tried to login and check my account. It told me that my login had expired and that I needed to set up a new one. So, I did. Then, I was prompted to login again, and it said my login wouldn't work, that it was improperly entered. After a few go-arounds, I figured that maybe I wrote down the wrong login information. So I set up another new login. Same thing.

I called to ask what was up with that, and was told (after a very long hold) that you can't activate a new login without calling. I noted there was nothing online indicating that requirement. Woman on the phone was well aware of that. So, I had a new login, and tried to login in February. Because I hadn't logged in in a while, I had to set up another new login. I bit -- I set up an new login, and guess what. It wouldn't work. I called and asked about it, and was told again that new logins won't work without a phone call. I indicated that I'd be closing my account with them. They'd known about the issue (an issue that would take five minutes of code writing) that fixing would prevent plenty of lost customer time. Meridian Funds doesn't care. And my money is with Vanguard now.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Counseling delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I've called these people and can't get one person on the phone and I'm pissed off. I'm calling within the time frame of the company's time. I just read some reviews and they aren't nice. What's up with this company? Is it a scam?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I received a collection notice from this company for a bill I never got for medical services I never received in a place I had never been... There was no info, no dates of service, my name was right, address was partially incorrect... I feel that it's a scam to get credit card info. They are Phishing, scamming... OR they have the wrong Karen **. There is more than one. After the Equifax crap and now Yahoo, I feel this is a scam.

Original review: March 18, 2011

In Aug. 2010, they called and told me I qualified for a loan remodification. We complied with all their requests for information, faxes (of which came weekly!) mailings, and etc. After 5 months and telling me to not make Dec. 2010 mortgage because we were going to settlement, they told me we no longer qualified for their product because we had defaulted on our current mortgage. They told us not to make it!

They got us for a total of $2786.44. They are a bogus company operating on the desperate emotions of the people, just trying to lower their payments. If you have been scammed by this company and live in the State of Maryland, please contact the Attorney General's office at www.oag.state.md and file a complaint. Maybe if we band together and form a class action type of complaint, maybe, just maybe justice can be done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Meredian Financial Corp.?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2010

I was contacted by phone by this company to provide refinancing for my home. I was interested in the rate they offered and they told me that they could quickly refinance my home for a rate that was more than a percent less than I am currently paying. The promise was that they could save me over $200 a month. The original loan application paper they sent looked really good and I checked them on the HUD website. They seemed like a legitimate company so I signed the rate lock agreement that they insisted was in my best interest and sent them $899 for the first month's mortgage. It has been three months and the rate lock has expired and there is still no evidence that closing is anywhere close though they have advised me to stop paying on my current mortgage. Unfortunately, the last set of loan documents they sent me do not add up.

They are now asking that I pay $107 a month in PMI. I have never paid PMI on my home. They closing costs are listed at around $6000 which seems high to me and yet the final cost of the mortgage they are proposing is $10,000 more than I currently owe. They tell me that there is no way that I can get the $899 back because even though the rate lock period is over, they are still working on a loan for me. They could work on a loan for me for the next two years of in perpetuity and as long as that is happening they have a right to keep my money.

They had the audacity to call me last week and ask for an additional $1000 to prepay my February mortgage so that I could have another month with no mortgage payment. It was a special service they provided their customers. I declined to send them anymore money. I believe now that there was never any intent to close a refinance on my home but to make the process so difficult and expensive for me that I would just walk away leaving them my money. I wish I had found your website before I sent them anything.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2010

This is a true accounting of the experience I had with Allen ** of Liberty Recovery Group located in Homerville, Georgia. I hired Liberty Recovery to do some basic telemarketing & prepaid him for 80 hours. It was a disaster from the beginning.

The company was extremely disorganized and unreliable with calling times, script, lead coding, etc. The worst part were the callers, they are back-woods folks and their southern accent is so thick you can hardly understand them. It sounds like they have a very low IQ and they certainly can't carry on a two-sided conversation. Most of the calls were spent stumbling over basic information and interrupting the prospect. I communicated with the owner, Allen ** through the process and we brainstormed on how to improve things.

He kept telling me he had better callers and would change things, but the callers he would bring in as replacements were just as bad as the first. After 40 hours, Allen stopped responding to email or phone calls. I offered to allow him to continue calling and finish out the contract (even though I was unsatisfied with the results) or refund me the remaining 40 hours, but he completely ignored my repeated requests. If you look at Google street view of Allen ** and Liberty Recovery's address it is a residential house.

It appears as if Allen ** is trying to run a business out of a home with a thrown together group of his friends and if someone has an issue with the results, he just steals their money and ignores their communications. When you talk to him, he comes off as an extremely nice, trustworthy guy, but it's all an act. If you're considering using Allen ** or Liberty Recovery Group of Homerville, GA, run away!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2010

I have tried to work with this company for the last 8 months. They took my $2,754 Rate Lock in May 2010. This company recently committed fraud by redacting the rate lock agreement and editing the phone conversation. (Both of which I have proof of.) I will be filing charges with the Orange County District Attorney’s office within 48 hours. This company needs to be shut down. Call me if you want to be part of a Class Action lawsuit. ** Mark

Original review: Nov. 1, 2010

Just an update of my complaint results via BBB of the Southland. Meredian sent a letter of denial after BBB contacted them. It was dated 9/21/2010 four months with David ** name on and sent on 10/10/2010. In mid August 2010 I was told David ** no longer worked there. Meredian's rebuttal is once the client signs a Rate Lock Agreement, the rate lock deposit will not be refunded. Is that so? Where's all you’re hard-earned sweat money that all you folks out there got scammed out of your pockets?

Let's work together to put these ** out of business so no one else will be victimized any more. I would suggest that we write to The Daily Pilot, the local Costa Mesa newspaper, to disclose their misdeeds. HUD shall be informed so Meredian's name is erased from HUD's website. Meredian's first attempt to solicit business is to point to their legitimacy on HUD's website. I was convinced by that and fell into their trap as a result. What has Orange County DA office done so far? BBB cannot do anything about them anyway. Pretty soon they will wrap up their business and change their name.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2010

I received a call in early February 2010 from Anas ** of Meredian Financial Corporation concerning refinancing my home mortgage. I was interested if the rate was better than my current one. He extracted the necessary information from me, then followed up with a email saying I was approved on 2-13-10. I was instructed to fax copy of my current mortgage statement, copy of my insurance declaration (home owner's Insurance), my last two years tax returns, copy of mast two months banking statements and a lock in fee of $700.00, paid via credit card to Fortis Title Solutions Corporation, and later an appraisal fee, both of which he assured me would be refunded at closing, which would occur as early as 2 weeks.

Having heard nothing since February, on 4-11-2010, I emailed Anas and asked the refinance status/closing date or a refund. He replied on 4-12-2010, asking if I had any additional income for the income I had on file exceeds the DTI ratio. I stated I had no other income other than that listed and confirmed on my tax returns. He was to call me back.

Again time passed, and finally I again called inquiring about the loan. I was transferred and a woman said I had not qualified and a refund would be processed. Again, time passed and I began leaving Anas phone messages, but no one returned my calls. Today (10-19-2010), Anas answered his phone on my third try. He said I had reported my income wrong and thus I would not get a refund. I reported nothing "wrong" for he had filled out the application while we were on the phone and the tax returns verified what I had claimed, so any error, if there ever was one, was his. He was not as polite as he was when seeking my business now. If fact, he was short with me.

An inaccurate financial declaration in my handwriting does not exist. I asked him if this had all been a scam, for currently, I was pulling up many complaints on them online. He stated "obviously it was not". To which I replied, then I was due a refund of the lock in fee and my appraisal fee, which had never even been done. He was to check on the application and call me back in 24 or 48 hours. Of course, I am sitting by the phone. I am an educated woman and I do believe I have been scammed. I called the Orange County DA office and found no Anthony ** as a earlier post suggested, perhaps a last name for him could be provided?

I have never been scammed before. What does one do to stop these people? I was interested in refinancing due to a health problem requiring the addition of a medicine called Humaria which has co-payment of $550/month. I lost money on this scam, which I could well have used to cover at least two months supply of the medicine, which I still cannot afford. Later, I did not qualify for the medication assistance program for I made too much money! Go figure.

Meredian Financial Corp. Company Information