Mazda American Credit Vehicle Financing

Compare Auto Loans

Research top Auto Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I leased a 2012 Mazda MX-5 SE from Mazda. I paid all installments on time. At the end of the lease the residual was lower than what the car was worth so I decided to buy it and sell it myself. I called Mazda and they overnight me all the documents to sign and I overnight them everything back with a personal check for the residual value of the car + fees.

At the meantime I sold the car my self via Craigslist and was waiting for the Title to arrive so I can sign off the car to the 3rd party. According to California law you can sign off a car to a 3rd party within 10 days of purchasing and not pay the sales tax, so I contacted Mazda to make sure they will ship the Title ASAP.

The consumer representative assured me that the Title will be sent in 3 days, so I waited.

A week passed. No title. I called Mazda again and I was told I forgot to sign the odometer disclosure document and they are waiting for it. I asked why no one contacted me with the request and the representative answered: "sorry". I faxed the odometer disclosure back the same day and called the day after to make sure they got it. They did and said everything on the account is cleared and the Title will ship ASAP.

I am 2 weeks into the process. No Title yet and consumer service is really bad, they are no help at all and they don't care about the consumer. All I am getting is “Please wait you will get the Title soon.” I am still waiting. Already lost the guy who agreed to buy my car (I can't blame him, it has been two weeks already and no Title). Because of their horrible consumer service I lost money on the car. Now they have my money and the Title and there is NO ONE to talk to.

I purchased a new 2014 Mazda 2 from Mazda dealership for my daughter in August. The principal on the car was paid off ($14,559.00) in full back in November (within 3 mos of purchase) by Progressive insurance. There is $5,000.00 worth of interest only and I am paying $390.00 monthly payments. Mazda will not recalculate the interest for 72 months (originally agreed). I do not see why I should pay for 72 months worth of interest when the car was paid off within 3 months. I should only pay the three months interest and maybe a penalty. I am having a hard time trying to speak or write to someone to clear this up. I have called Mazda and Chase Capital and they both are telling me that I have to pay for 72 months worth of interest. Pls advise.

We paid off our 2002 Protege5 in the 4 years we financed it for and never received the title. We had started checking into it but lost track at some point because it was a low priority and wasn't causing us an issue. Recently, I contacted Mazda Credit regarding this and they sent us a paper lien release which we waited nearly a week for. During my second trip to DMV, I was informed that because the lien is electronic, Mazda Credit needs to release it electronically. I don't fault DMV for that but why would Mazda Credit send us a paper lien release which is totally useless?

I called and got a hold of someone at Mazda Credit (7:30am Central Time which is what their hours are based on) whom finally was able to get me in touch with someone else who indicated they would put in an expedited electronic lien release. The only indication I received as to when it would occur was "afternoon". So I went back over to DMV at 4pm EST and the lien is still there. This would be less annoying if I had not sold the car to someone in need whom is stuck waiting for me to get the title sorted out before they can use it. How can a paid-off lien remain in place from ~ 2006 to 2013? Do they not audit their own records? I do want to say that the people I spoke with at DMV and Mazda Credit were pleasant and trying to be helpful but there is obviously something wrong at the organizational levels for stuff like this to occur.

Mazda allowed us to pay off a title for a man that had other liens on it and sent the title to the other lien holder.

I have a Mazda financed with Mazda Am Credit. I called Mazda to defer my December payment and I was told that in order to process this deferment I had to pay a late fee and the processing fee totaling $36.52. Well, turns out I was a victim of ID theft with all kinds of fraudulent inquiries on my credit report and my bank account was clear out with fraudulent charges. So by the time I received the deferment form, I was unable to pay the $36.52. My bank didn't reimburse my insured money until after my 30 days past due.

I called Mazda back and explained the situation and why I was unable to pay. Jack, a senior credit analyst, said that I could have faxed the form without having to pay the processing fee and late fee (not what I was told) and there is nothing he can do to help me. Now, on top of being a victim of ID theft (I realize that the ID theft is not Mazda’s fault), having my bank account fraudulently cleared out, having 5 different inquiries and credit cards fraudulently opened under my name, my credit score has taken a big hit with Mazda reporting that I went 30 days past due.

Mazda is not willing to help a customer. I could understand these consequences if I had been careless or negligent with my Mazda account but I was not. I was doing the right thing by following the Mazda customer service rep's instructions. I will finish paying off my Mazda and never ever give my hard earned money to Mazda. They have lost my business. I cannot believe that these people have no room for themselves and their customers to allow for human marginal error or for correcting any wrongs. They rather take my money now and loose my business forever rather than helping me now and keeping as a loyal customer. Mazda will rob you. Whatever you do, do not buy Mazda products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazda?

I financed a Mazda MX-5 through Mazda American Credit in May 2006. I traded the car in March 2010 and confirmed in April 2010 with Mazda American Credit that the account had been paid in full. I also confirmed the payoff on my subsequent credit report from all three credit reporting agencies. On August 23, 2011, some 17 months after trading the Mazda MX-5, I received two emails from Mazda American Credit alerting me to a payment due to them for the Mazda5.

Efforts to contact the toll-free number met with a busy signal. I contacted the dealer that initially sold me the Mazda and arranged financing through Mazda American Credit, but the dealer was unaware of any problems related to the emails. After several hours, I was able to reach the Mazda American Credit toll-free number with an automated response saying the emails were sent in error and an apology. Frankly, that is not good enough! Some additional information about the consequences of this error are required. Was personal information leaked through this error? What actions are being done to ensure subsequent errors are not forthcoming? Why does Mazda still have my personal information more than a year after I completed business transactions with them?

My mother and I were approved for an auto loan. Needless to say, we didn't know that we signed a lease contract instead of an installment retail contract. We were making payments of $419.53 a month for 5 years and they threatened to take us to court if we didn't bring the car back and pay for wear and tear of $8,000.

Who in their right mind would lease a 2000 Mazda Protege for $419.53 a month for years? I don't have the car right now and meanwhile, I'm making payments of $132.00 to Thieblot Ryan P.A. Attorneys at Law. Is there any thing you can do? I thought you have to renew lease every 2 years?

I paid my last car payment at the end of August for my new car. I was never late or past due on any of my payments. I received all of my notices via mail for payments, updates, service needs, etc. from both Mazda American Credit and the Mazda dealer. After receiving a confirmation of my final payment (with no indication about when I would receive my title), I waited for my title until the arrival of the holidays. I then completely forgot that I had not received it.

Immediately following the holidays, on the first of January, I called Mazda American Credit to check on the status of my title. The customer service rep informed me that they mailed it 10 days after my last payment and had no indication that I had not received it. Anything after 90 days past the last payment requires a $17 processing fee. I then spoke with two more levels of supervisors and was told the same thing.

I'm irate that I never received the title, and that the company policy is so strict that it doesn't leave room for adequate customer service to right the fact that they never mailed me my title. More so, the corporate manager I spoke with was completely rude and unhelpful. I can't believe that Mazda American Credit would forfeit my future business (I love my car) over a $17 fee, but I refuse to do business with a company in the future that will not send me what is rightfully mine without an additional fee. I feel like I am held hostage since I must get the title to my car.

I, representing my son, returned a car at the end of lease to Donovan Mazda in Sierra Vista, AZ on August 27, 2010 which was the day of end of lease in the contract. This happened after calling the finance company and being advised that the car could be returned to any dealership that would accept it. Donovan's Mazda agreed to have the car returned to them and it was done. They gave me an odometer statement, looked over the car and said to me that it was all I had to do. I first learned that something was wrong when in the middle of October, I received a statement charging an extra month in the lease for not returning the vehicle on time. I sent a letter registered to the company explaining that the car had been returned. The letter was received in their office on October 18.

Shortly after I contacted their offices, I was told that they would check the time of returning the car to the Sierra Vista dealership. Later, I have received a final statement from the company including the extra month of 'use of the vehicle', late payment charge and taxes plus wear and tear charge for a total amount of $811.78 On November 15, I was able to talk to the representatives of the company, explained that their inspection was done on October 28, 2 months after I returned the car and that damages occurred after returning the car. They had called Donovan's and corroborated that the car had been returned on August 27.

I have contested the charge but the company's people told me to go and fight with the Sierra Vista dealership about recovering those charges. The final statement according to them is for $511.45 which is the charge for wear and tear and taxes. The explanation given by SV dealership was that they did not know what to do with the car. They won't accept that damages occurred after returning the car to the dealership even when their inspection was done 2 months after the car was returned. I did return the car on the date stated in the contract as termination day.

I leased a 2007 Mazda CX-7 from Avondale Mazda on December 1, 2006. This past July, I leased a Honda Civic from Showcase Honda using the Mazda as a trade-in. My lease contract stated the vehicle purchase price at lease end. I started receiving telephone calls from Mazda American Credit around August 10th -15th stating my payment was late. I contacted Showcase Honda's accounting department who provided me with the Fed-Ex tracking number for my Mazda payoff which was delivered to them on August 8th. After several telephone calls with Mazda, I was informed the payment was rejected due to the payment not being made by the original dealer from whom I leased the Mazda. Avondale Mazda is no longer in business and when I informed Mazda American Credit of that, they said they would accept the payment from any Mazda dealer. Showcase Honda has a sister Mazda dealer and submitted the payoff and paperwork from the Mazda dealer. I was still receiving the telephone calls from Mazda American Credit and was informed the second payoff was also rejected due to the correct forms not being included with the payoff.

There is some miscommunication as Mazda believes I am purchasing the vehicle for my personal use and not as a trade-in. I have been told the form they are requesting is not necessary for a dealer purchase. Showcase Honda's accounting department took the matter into their own hands again after the second payoff rejection and spent countless hours on the phone with Mazda American Credit to get permission for the payoff to come from Showcase Honda. The amount, mailing address and forms required were all verified with Mazda American Credit. The third payoff was delivered to Mazda American Credit on August 28th. The phone calls from Mazda American Credit have not stopped and I have recently been informed the third payoff was rejected. Mazda American Credit is running a monopoly and using unfair business practices. It is impossible to payoff the vehicle. My credit will be affected since they show me more than 30 days late at this point.

Mazda American Credit Vehicle Financing Company Profile