Mark One Financial

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Stay clear of Mark One. I financed a car in 2013 and made every payment on time for two years until the car was totaled in an accident. After the insurance paid off the balance in March of 2015 (so I thought), there was a $300 balance that I was not aware of until June when I saw it on my credit report. I immediately paid to get the balance off my report and Mark One reported to the credit bureau as the car was charged off to bad debt. They never reported my 2 years of on-time payments. After they got ALL of their money, my credit score is now worse than ever before. They refuse to correct this and I get the run-around from the charge off department; they just hang up on me repeatedly.

Yup! I sure do regret dealing with this company. It sucks how people with bad credit have to deal with such disrespectful financial institutions like Mark One. Idk but is this even a real company? And who do you have working for you? Are your employees even have any training? I'm dealing with a Lemon car I purchased. Drama guys. Sometimes we get desperate to get finance, but trust me it could wait.

I was financed with MarkOne a few years back and I still regret it. They harassed me so bad, called my job constantly. I had to beg and borrow money from people to pay them off quick and I did. After paying them off I was involved in a hit and run, so I ended up trading my car in. Went to a dealership and got a Chrysler Sebring 2007. When I found out that MarkOne was the financiers I was like, DAMN! But at that time I had no choice, I needed transportation. The first year of having that car the fuel pump went out, I got it fixed. A few months later it went out again, so I sent it to another mechanic.

In the midst of all this I still sent MarkOne payments. It wasn't the full $300 and some change but it was at least from $150-$200. I explained to them what was going on, mind you I was only $700 behind in payments. God knows I tried so hard to try and pay my mechanic and MarkOne at the same time but it didn't work out, so they ended up calling and harassing people from my reference list. My friends and family told me to just give the car back and I did. Years later they sent me a letter saying that they sold the car and I owe them $3000.00!!! REALLY!?

They sent a subpoena to my house and I consulted a lawyer and she told me to make payment arrangements. I told them that I could only pay $10 a month but they didn't want to take that. They only would accept $25 with knowingly I couldn't afford it. I felt like they basically made and forced me to their terms. I fell behind in payment to them and now they are garnishing my weekly check from my job. I was making $320 a week, now it's $225. My heart is so heavy now, I'm single, no help whatsoever, I am already struggling just to get by, rent, electric bills, food and personal items that's needed. I hope that someone will review this and I think MarkOne needs to be investigated ASAP because this is not right. Ain't no way on God's green earth that I can pay them also $4000.00 off, only if I can hit the lotto. Right now I'm living on faith and prayer, I just don't want to be homeless.

Well what hasn't been my problem! I bought my car 2 years ago and about 6 months later the phone calls started rolling in. They call me several times even after I have made my payment. It's rather sad because I love my car. Seems to be so unorganized. You talk to 50 different people and no one ever knows what's going on. I was told today that my account will receive a late fee tomorrow although my payment was made 10 days ago. Lol this has to be a joke right!?! So after venting to one of their managers he tells me, "Oh it's because of you not paying $.40 for the past few months!" Okay fine. Let's say that's what it is. I would love to give you the $5.00 I owe you... But truth is why spend an additional 5 to 12 dollars in fees so you can get $5.00 especially since I made a payment on time 10 days ago and no one mentioned the $5 to me then wouldn't that have been the respectful thing to do for YOUR CUSTOMER?

Really it's hit or miss when it comes to the nice and rude representatives like today. Both were nice but after spending 25 minutes on the phone with 2 different people getting two different stories and still not getting a straight answer...it definitely ruffled my feathers. It makes you want to just find someone else to do business with! I chose this company because I could afford them and my credit wasn't that great. But now it's worse and I have made a good portion of my payments on time!

They claimed to have given me all my money from them placing forced insurance on my account (which honestly they did do) but failed to mention that the 4 months of late fees I received were not going to be removed. So now I'm getting additional late fees because my on time payments can't be posted (on time) due to the $5.00 they failed to mention I owed when I called to ask how much I owed before making the payment. Like I said it's really sad because I love my car and the payments are affordable! So it makes me sad to say that if given the choice again I would NOT chose Mark One.

They call constantly on my phone, my husband's phone and at my work. They call all month. It doesn't matter if you owe or not. They just call and harass everyone. My friends and family don't answer unknown calls or calls with numbers they don't recognize. We are all sick of these people!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mark One Financial?

I got a car loan with this company, but at the time I was going through a divorce. I couldn't afford it anymore so I did a voluntary repossession. Somehow, someone got that same car and was signing my name and so on. When I tried to get another car, with a different company, they told me that I just stopped paying in April. When I knew I sent the car back in 2012. They never checked proper credentials and now my credit is bad and I can't get another vehicle. THANKS MARK ONE FOR NOT DOING YOUR RESEARCH.

My husband and I finance a jeep October of 13 And with credit, mark one was the only one to finance us. If I knew then what I know now we would have done something different. They call constantly whether I'm late or not. They threaten to repo my truck. They call your references if you don't answer your phone once. BEWARE GO AWAY.

Mark One is a terrible company to get financed through. My mom bought me a car which was financed through Mark One. They called a million times a day, me, my mom, mom and any other references that I had. I was almost done paying for the car and they came and repossessed the car. They said they sold the car for only 900 dollars and I owed them 5000 and something and since I haven't paid it they are trying to sue me for the money. They are horrible, unprofessional, nasty. Beware. Do not finance with this company. You will never be done paying on your loan!!!

I have never in my life dealt with such an unprofessional company!!! They give you late fees even if you're not late. Call you when you're not late and payment has already been made. If you get a deferment it takes them 33 days just to put it in the system but tell you, "You're okay. There is nothing else to worry about" and slap even MORE late fees on your account. They treat you like you're dumb and don't know what you are doing. I wish I would have never been introduced to this company. I am trying my hardest to get my car loan through anyone but this company. Beware STAY AWAY!!!

I have had several issues with this company. I was a little late one month and asked if I could have a few days 'til my check cleared. THE DAY I'M SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE PAYMENT, THEY REPOED MY CAR. Now mind you, they repoed my car at four a.m, the day I was suppose to pay. What's weirder is that I had spent the night at a friend's house, how did they find me? By GPS - on Facebook (I assume). Now they want 1800 plus tow chargers plus everyday it sits there plus an additional 300 dollar GPS system, and I have one week or they send my car to auction. Who the hell can afford that in this economy in that amount of time?

Maybe some, but not me. I'm more than likely gonna have to get a lawyer involved. Also their customer service is horrendous extremely rude harass the ** out of you. I have never felt so unappreciated being a customer by a company in my life. Please do yourself a favor, stay away from this place and advise anyone else looking to finance to the same.

The employees of this company are very unprofessional. When you make a payment on time, they will turn around and call you and say you need to make another payment. The bad thing - I am not even past due.

I have not applied for any loans from this company! How can they give me a bad score or a bad report if I've never applied or co-signed anything for a loan of any kind? I am very upset, how can they do that?

I thought I had paid off my loan when I get notice that there were fees not charged to my account. One fee went back over two years!!! So I guess when you see your total balance due you better call because you're going to be wrong. I even made an additional payment of $25.11 that popped up on my account. Now a few days later, I see Mark One has added more fees again. Warning, they are not as nice as they would like you to think they are!!!! I don't think I am ever going to get my loan paid off!!!!

I bought my car about a year ago and I finance through Mark One. So not even a whole year my engine in my car gave out, so I ask Mark One for help. I didn't have 3500 to fix so called and ask can they help by paying for the repairs and just put the 3500 loan. They told me no. I'm not understanding why wouldn't say no because if they repossess the car had to get the engine fixed, they still have to pay for it to sell it????? So I told them to come get the car. Every time I call them all they ask about is a payment not how they can help me fix the car.

I went to a dealer to look at a car. Decided I liked the cars on the lot and got approved for a loan to rebuild my credit. I make 90k a year but went thru a divorce. I asked Mark One not to approve the loan until I got the car checked at the BMW dealership. This was Friday. The loan guy Bruno said ok and he would call me back Monday and that the call was being recorded. I told him good I wanted proof. Took car to dealership to find that the people selling it had a Carfax report from BEFORE they wrecked it and total lost it. I took car back to dealership, said I didn't want it.

A month later Mark One started calling my family about a car I didn't have for a loan they approved the same day I told them not to. Talked to dealership and they said, "** you, we've gotten paid for the car, it's your problem now." This is exactly what they said to me. Mark One has been extorting me ever since. I hate these people with a passion.

I paid the car off 2.5 yrs early and was never late. They still called after the car was paid for and still have not released my title. I called for a pay-off and was told "no one else will finance a car for you"..... No problem. I make $150k a year. This loan was to help rebuild my credit. I paid it off and bought a brand new Accord. Now they are taking their sweet time about giving me my title. They are a terrible company with predatory practices!!!

If possible, stay far, far away from this place! They are very rude and condescending. They are very insensitive to your needs! They don't believe in being professional. There is a lady by the name of "Nicole" who does not make it any better when trying to ask questions regarding your account with them. I believe in being helpful and professional with the people who allow you to have a job in the first place. I hate to leave bad reviews but it was a must that I inform the public that you're better off with a Buy Here Pay Here place than this place! I'm refinancing very soon with a credit union. This place will call your job, cell, mom, and anybody they can get into contact with violating your privacy and speaking on your business to co-workers and other people! I'm done and over this place. It's not everyone there. There is this Amazing lady there who always help me. If it was not for her being employed there, I would have left this company. Other than that please don't waste your time!

I'm late with my car payment for August (it was due on the 16th). I recently went on disability and now get paid once a month. When the due date for payment came around, I had paid my bills and had to get my medication and didn't have enough to make the car payment. Mark One has been calling me non-stop. Today, 08-28-13, (5:14 pm CDT), I answered the call and spoke to one of the representatives who told me it's been 44 days since the last payment; okay, but this is one late payment out of 19 months of payment? And he told if I don't come up with the payment by Friday they would repo the car which is my only transportation. I told him I would make August payment on September 3 with late charges and also September's payment but he told me that wouldn't do (are you kidding me), late on one payment and your company cannot work with me on this?

I am so unhappy with Mark One. They will call my husband, my sister, and me 20 times a day as soon as I am one day late. They give out personal information to references. I have called and spoken to the manager and reps. One rep by the name of Crystal is the worst. Nasty, rude and no compassion at all. I am on the title of the car and she harasses me all day long. Text messages, phone calls. They make threats. This is the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with. They need to be shut down. I don't like my personal information in the hands of these people.

This is the first time I have been late on my payment since I purchased my vehicle three months ago. My son is in the hospital, and has been for over a week. I haven't been able to go to work or pick up my paycheck. I get calls multiple times a day and even text messages from this company. My coworker said they have called my work at least two times a day. I have notified them of what's going on, and yet they still call, blocking their number or calling from multiple different numbers, thinking I will answer. I don't answer blocked calls, and if I don't know the number, I'm not going to answer.

They called my mom's house twice, giving all of my financial information to her without knowing they were talking to my mother, and she finally told them that if they call her home again or give out any more of my information, that she would personally sue them for harassment and failure to comply with the Fair Credit Information Act. My mom is currently looking into having my vehicle refinanced while I take care of my son.

A friend of mine used this company for some loan. I'm not even clear what loan it is. I was used as a reference without my knowledge. My friend changed her number and now they're harassing me because they can't get a hold of her. They call me almost daily. They tell me I need to pay her loan and they're talking about collections. I keep telling them I have nothing to do with this and I wasn't even asked to be a reference. This company sucks! They are seriously harassing references to get money. I am NOT even in contract with them but they're treating me like I am. Every rep says they're deleting my info but apparently not since I keep getting calls. These people must not even have a preschool diploma because they just don't get it. I wouldn't use this company based off of this experience only but reading the rest of the reviews, it sounds like this company needs to be shut down.

I was late a few times with payments and not only would they call me SEVERAL times a day, but even calling references to tell them not just to have them call me, but why they were calling, they were going to pick up my car, etc. They have also had several employees contact me via Facebook about late payments as well. I finally paid off the car in question and weeks go by... NO TITLE! I called in about it and they told me it was sent to a PO Box (I don’t have one) and that the address had been changed. I advised them I did not and hadn't ever had a PO Box and need the title to MY address.

I have gotten the runaround from this company, do not get return phone calls and get transferred to other businesses. And then today, a man asked me to hold while he "spoke with his supervisor" and mocked my entire situation and our conversation with a co-worker before returning to say no one could help me, and tried to give me another number entirely that reaches a bank I have never heard of or done any business with. This place is a SCAM! Avoid them at all costs!

I just tried to make my last payment and they have locked my account. I got a message saying my bank routing number is not recognized. It's the same account I've always made payments from. This has happened before and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. I was late before and only 1 day, and ended up getting so many calls at work in one day that I was written up and my supervisor said she felt harassed by the amount of calls. They emailed me at work, sent me messages on Facebook and threatened to come and pick up the car for being 1 day, 24 hours, late.

All I needed to do was to go home after work to make the payment (I forgot to make it the day before) and that wasn't good enough. I was asked where the car was located at the time of the call because they were coming to get it. The rep asked if I had purchased the car for myself, and I responded yes. She then asked if I purchased it for someone else. I said, "I just told you it was purchased for my personal use." She proceeded to tell me that I could have purchased it for a drug dealer and if they found out it was purchased for someone else, they will repossess the vehicle. I told her to come and get it because I refuse to be talked to like that and she hung up. I called back and asked for a supervisor and told them the previous situation. They told me no supervisor was available to speak with. A payment that is 1 day late does not warrant a threat of repossession or accusations of purchasing for drug dealers.

I can't wait to make this last payment and be done with them. Their business practices are questionable and they should no longer be allowed to be in service. Rude, disrespectful, and definitely crooks!

I have a 39 payment for a loan through them. Last month, they tried to cash the check I wrote three different times and weeks apart! Yes, one check! That’s check fraud! I started a case with the Attorney General’s Office of PA and they agreed to mediate between us! Anyone sending them checks, watch your bank account! Now, I get my current bill for April and my payments owed changed from 4 to 7 for no reason at all. I have no past due balance with them at all! How can they change a 39 payment to a 41 payment? They need to be shut down! They are rude and extremely unprofessional! Don’t ever get a loan through them ever!

It's been a little over a year since I've been done with that company, thank the Lord! I had a car loan with them for 5 years. Yes, I admit my payments weren't always on time, and I was late over the years; but I always caught it up. The only way to get them to stop calling was to set up a 1 time auto pay. One time an employee wouldn't let me get off the phone to call my new bank to get my routing number. He said he has one. Dummy... payment was rejected and I was charged all kinds of fees which they refused to waive. They never leave you alone, they call, text you, instant message you, and even send you Facebook messages which is illegal! They were being sued for that.

I was almost done paying for my car. I owed $1,200 and that's it. I told them my plans for paying when I got my paycheck but they came and repossessed my car! After paying for 5 years and always getting caught up and only owing $1,200, they took my car anyway instead of working with me. I ended up getting my car back after begging and pleading. When I picked my car up, I paid everything I owed and was done. Well not so fast, they refused to give me my title.

That woman in the title department is a total witch! I had to call numerous times, never getting a returned call. I explained I needed my title because I moved states and needed to get my car registered with plates because my out state ones will expire in 15 days. She told me she sent me my title and it must have gotten lost in the mail, and she will not send me another one. I told her, “Why would you send it regular mail without a tracking number if I begged you and told you how urgent it was?” Weeks of dealing with this woman too. Well she was the most awful person I have ever in my life dealt with! I ended having to pay $85 for a new title to come to me and had to wait and drive on expired tags. I'm so glad to be done with this company. I never want to deal with them again! I'm working on my credit and it's improving really well so I never have to deal with ** companies like this!

I bought a car from them. They acted like the mafia about everything related to the loan. They called me (even after I made payment) to harass me about stupid stuff. I tried to ignore them sometimes, but then they would call people I put down as references, which was unnecessary. My 4-year dealings with them sticks in my mind like a terrible nightmare. I find their customer representatives to be very rude! I have been insulted, laughed at and yelled at by various ones. I'm so glad to now have the car paid off. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. It's a mystery to me how they stay in business.

Seriously, aren't there rules or laws against companies like this? They are rude and totally unprofessional and will begin calling you for the payment at 12:01 am the date the payment is due. They will harass you, laugh at you and their website is a complete joke. They offer a service called bill float but you can't ever access it to get help with your payment. If any way possible, please steer clear of this company. They are the worst finance company you can use. Please keep copies of all of your paperwork showing grace periods and terms, because the best thing for Mark One is State Attorney General to put them out of business.

I am going through what everyone else is going through. They call every time my payment is a day late, three times a day, my husband's cell and mine and I pay every month. Last month, I paid all of my bill but 60 dollars until my next pay day. They called every day, all day. I told them I know I owe them $60 and they stated that I needed to pay it right then or go to MoneyGram and pay because if it's not a $100, then I can't pay online. If you pay by electronic check, it takes so long. I also agree, the $10.80 fee for credit is crazy. I will be glad when I am done with this loan because I am truly sick of these people.

This is my first time financing a vehicle and I must say that after dealing with these people, I never want to finance again! I have been making my payments on time every month and when I asked for a deferment, they made me jump through hoops like a circus animal. Then the next month came and they called me continuously to make sure I was going to make my payment. Then when I did make the payment, they claimed my payment was $2.39 short and they would come and repo my vehicle if I didn't make another payment and not to try to make a payment with a credit/debit card. Their service fees are ridiculous! $10.80 to use your card. They have called my job three times a day and my phone! Do not sign a deal with these people. They are crooks!

My husband is very sick and to help secure me and my kids, he wanted me on the title. We got married a week after we got our truck and he called to have me put on. They are refusing to do it. I've talked to lawyers n PennDOT and all that, and the messenger service said it can be done. They are refusing to do it. I mean, I'm in my husband's will and all but he just would feel comfortable if I was just on the title with him and they won't do it? Horrible service, rude ** people, the worst. They suck and I'd wish for no one to ever go there. Horrible!

Mark One Financial Company Profile