4.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Lending Group offers personal loans with no hidden fees and no repayments penalties. The experts at Liberty Lending are ready to assist you through the process of obtaining a loan. Our application is simple, quick and hassle-free. Just apply and then browse through your pre-approved offers. Visit our website or contact us today to learn more about our process!

70 Liberty Lending Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 16, 2019

I received a mailer for Liberty Lending offering a great rate to consolidate my credit cards. We took a chance for the first time responding to something like this. The customer service rep at Liberty was extremely helpful and kind. We told them we didn't want a credit card settlement (that can damage credit a bit) but a personal loan in order to pay off high interest credit cards and to have extra funds for a surgery coming up. We were referred to their sister company FreedomPlus for a personal loan and to complete the process. All of this took just one afternoon. By that night, we had been approved and signed all necessary documents.

We are so thankful we called and made this decision. It will pay off our cards within a few years and at a much lower interest rate. They would have never been paid off this quickly with just the minimum payments being made. All together those payments were much higher than this simple loan payment. We would definitely recommend this company just on their professional and friendly manner but definitely to also help pay down debt. Very happy consumer!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The bottom line is I received a mailer advertising $87k at 4.99% and I ended up with $55k at 11.99%. Although I didn't get the interest the mailer advertised, I am still saving a few hundred dollars on interest as my credit cards averaged a 23% APR. I only incurred the debt due to unexpected business expenses that popped up I had to get taken care of. The only reasons they are getting a full 5 stars and not 4 is because the representative I spoke with, Kimberly, was extremely helpful and polite and I knew going into this that the initial offer came with fine print.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was in a situation that I thought I was never going to get out of when I got my loan offer in the mail from Liberty. It was all due to a job transition to Florida, I had endless expenses associated with my move and I took a pay cut in the beginning, I was having trouble keeping up with my minimum monthly payments when I got my consolidation loan from Liberty. They consolidated all my credit card debt and now I am saving every single month, when I couldn't have needed it more than I need it now, I'm forever thankful I made the call to them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Great company, extremely helpful and tentative throughout the entire process, would highly recommend to all, I got a consolidation loan and then I referred my girlfriend to consolidate her debt with them and they approved her quickly and sent me a gift card for the referral without me even asking! I had my balances on my credit cards become extremely high as a result of being out of work because of an injury that I suffered not too long ago.

I'm back on my feel now and making a decent income, but had to rely on my credit cards for a while and that's what caused the balances on the cards to get to where they were when I contacted Liberty. They listened to my entire situation and showed compassion when I was applying for the loan. It was really an easy process and I submitted my income documents and they paid off all my high interest credit accounts and really got me out of the bind I was in. I could breathe easy now that I got this loan and my creditors are all paid down. Amazing experience and I would and will recommend anyone looking to consolidate to Liberty! Very grateful!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I didn't get approved for the loan through Liberty Lending (as I thought I wouldn't) yet the representative I spoke with was very courteous in letting me know the other options available to me. When I called I was already a few months behind on my monthly payments and they told me about their debt settlement consolidation program. At first I was hesitant, yet signed up a few months ago and just got my first settlement today. I was impressed I was able to settle that quickly, still wish I qualified for the actual pre-approval they sent me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Lending Group?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I am very pleased with my experience with Liberty Lending. The process was fast and simple. Everyone I had talked to was great at explaining everything and were always available for any questions. I was approved for the amount I wanted and the APR was less than I thought it was going to be and better than any other offers I've received. I'm so glad I was able to be funded with this company.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Was stuck with a situation with no easy solution in sight. These guys came forward and offered to help. The process was easy and painless. I was particularly impressed with the way they made sure my information was safeguarded.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I had an offer for a personal loan from liberty lending. The application process was very simple and straightforward. The agent that helped me was very knowledgeable and helped me with all my questions. Overall great experience.

Original review: April 26, 2019

The overall process went extremely well. Great information was provided and the customer service was excellent. I was able to consolidate my credit cards and get back on track with saving. I’d certainly recommend service to any of my friends and family.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I received a letter in the mail from Liberty regarding a personal loan. I called to find out more information. Within a couple of hours, I had been approved and my loan was given to me promptly. I appreciate the time and effort made in approving me.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Staff was amazing. Cordial and knowledgeable. Process was easy and quick. On time and on schedule. Every call with additional information was pleasant and informative and questions were answered in a timely manner and to the point. Was definitely treated like a person and not just like a prospect. Thank you all.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I applied for my loan to consolidate some cards and get a new air conditioner and promptly received very good attention and service and was funded 3 days after as promised. I recommend this company for others seeking loan for any reason.

Original review: April 3, 2019

From my initial contact, motivated via a mailer from Liberty, until completion of the loan and pay-back arrangements, I believed that the individuals handling different aspects of the transaction CARED about me and my feelings. They constantly made sure everything was on the right course. Their positive communications activities made the entire procedure much more pleasurable than I had anticipated as a first-time loan applicant.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The service I experience was great. They answer the question, call me in a timely manner, made sure they could accommodate all my request, even helped me when looking up creditors. I have nothing. All good remediation right now.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My experience with Liberty Lending Group was outstanding! Everyone was professional, discreet, informative and personable. I would highly recommend Liberty Lending Group to help you meet your personal financial goals!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I called and got an answering service, they wanted all my info including my ss #. If I had talked to a real loan officer I would have given it to them. But there is no way in hell I'm giving that info out to a answering service. I do not need a loan that bad. Good luck to all of you. I hope the answering service has honest people but you never know in this day and age.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Getting a personal loan from Liberty lending group was very easy, they helped me through the entire process and my creditors are paid and I have a lot lower of an interest rate than what I had been paying my 9 accounts. Thank you Liberty. Highly recommended!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Last year I fell in hard times due to medical reasons. I searched the web for debt consolidation companies and found Liberty Lending. I was explained the process and found the option best for me. Since applying they have settled 2 of my accounts! They are very professional and I might recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was a little stressed out the first 5 months but when the first settlement offer came in it gave me more room to breathe easier. I would recommend this to anyone who asks me. I’m feeling more confident with every settlement offer that comes in. I feel that more and more pressure is being taken off my shoulders every month. Thank you Liberty for all you’ve done so far.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have no problem recommending Liberty to anyone. I got the loan offer, called and was funded and the process was simple, need the money for some home renovations that ran up larger than expected, thank you for the great service, thumbs up!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Got funded from this company and I'm very happy because I really needed the money. The best thing I did with the loan was pay off all of my debt. My credit score is getting better and that's the best part about it. I hope to never be in a situation to have to consolidate debt in the future but if I did I would definitely contact Liberty Lending Group again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I applied and got approved same day and the money was in my account a couple days later. This was my first time applying for a personal loan and I didn't expect for the process to be that simple. The terms were explained very clearly and the staff was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had a great experience with Liberty Lending Group. They got me funded quickly and delivered on everything they said they would. Good customer service and high level of professionalism. I was able to pay off all of my credit card debt with the loan and my finances are a lot easier to manage now, and I'm saving lots of money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I got the funds I needed quickly at a decent rate, I took a lot less than I was originally offered and they didn't pressure me to take the entire offer. My experience was great and wouldn't hesitate recommending them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This company does what they say they will do. Granted the rate they advertise is not the rate I received but it was very close. Regardless I was able to consolidate 38k in credit card debt and the process was smooth and simple. I wouldnt hesitate to work with them again. Thumbs up.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was able to consolidate my credit card debt and couple personal loans that I had after some home remodeling and landscaping. Great to have a lower monthly payment and only one payment to manage with lower interest hitting less heavy. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If you have high credit card balances but also have good credit, do not use Liberty Lending Group to consolidate your credit cards. They negotiate with the creditors and only pay a percentage of the balance. This will hurt your credit for a short time. I am making my payments on time and my credit is good, I was just looking to consolidate to one payment instead of 5. I would not want to hurt my credit to get to one payment. I would only suggest it if your credit is suffering and you are not able to make your payments.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Fast approval process, funded right after income was verified, Liberty was fast and my rep was great, everyone I spoke with was very helpful, paid off many accounts and had a great experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Responded to an offer that was received for a preapproved “personal loan”. Contacted Liberty Lending Group and was advised that a Debt Consolidation Loan was all that I would qualify for. They offered me a loan in the amount needed to pay off all my credit card debt. However, they don’t pay the cards off in the full amount. They settle the debt with the card company for a lesser amount. The credit card company can then issue you a 1099 for the difference which means you have to pay tax on that amount as “income” when you file your taxes at the end of the year. It also causes a negative credit report in your credit file for settling the debt. So you’re paying Liberty the full amount of your card debt, then getting whacked with additional taxes for the settled debt amount all while taking a hit to your credit rating. No thanks. Be aware of what type of loan they offer you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Liberty lending group delivers on promises. I called from the mailer notice they sent me and was able to get funded at the exact rate they advertised, I'm extremely happy with how smooth the process was and really excited to be saving on the crazy interest rates I was paying before!

Liberty Lending Group Company Information