LendKey is a digital lending partner that helps match community banks and credit unions with eligible borrowers looking for student loans or student loan refinancing. It offers its services nationwide and gives borrowers access to low-interest loans. The company’s refinancing options can cover federal or private student loans.
- No origination fees
- Works with banks and credit unions
- Specializes in low-cost loans
- Refinances federal and private loans
- Not available in ME, ND, NV, RI or WV
- Doesn’t partner with big banks
LendKey is a digital lending partner that matches potential borrowers with community banks and credit unions for student loans and student loan refinancing. The company offers low-cost borrowing options.
What is LendKey?
LendKey is a lending partner that helps borrowers find low-cost student loans and student loan refinancing options by matching them with one of more than 13,000 banks and credit unions.
Local banks and credit unions who work with LendKey can offer better rates and terms by using this digital platform, which automates a large portion of the loan process and reduces overhead.
LendKey matches borrowers with potential lenders based on their needs and state of residence. If you’re interested in LendKey’s services, you can visit its website to find out if you’re eligible for one of its loan programs.
LendKey interest rates and loan terms
LendKey offers variable-rate and fixed-rate loan options, and the company doesn’t charge loan application or origination fees. Interest rates, APRs and loan terms vary depending on the type of loan.
- Private student loans: Variable-rate loans start at 1.49% APR, and fixed-rate loans start at 3.99% APR with AutoPay. Loan terms range from five to 15 years.
- Student loan refinancing: APRs for refinancing range from 1.91% to 7.63% with AutoPay. Variable-rate loan APRs range from 1.91% to 5.25%, and fixed-rate loan APRs range from 2.95% to 7.63%. Terms range from five to 20 years.
To be eligible for a student loan using LendKey, a borrower must:
- Be the age of majority in your state
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
To qualify for student loan refinancing with LendKey, you must be 18 or older and have at least an associate degree from an eligible Title IV school.
Is LendKey good for student loans?
Does LendKey require a cosigner?
Does LendKey have a prepayment penalty?
Is LendKey private or federal?
Is LendKey legit?
LendKey gives borrowers access to low-interest loans from community banks and credit unions. Its services are ideal for anyone searching for private student loans and those who want to refinance their existing student loans at a lower interest rate. If you think LendKey’s services are the right fit for you, visit its website to get started on your loan application.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,214,258 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
My husband and I are trying to figure out how we can manage a $773 monthly payment to pay on his student loans. We’ve tried to consolidate, denied. We’ve applied for forbearance and that worked for awhile and now we are denied. No option for a graduated repayment plan. No option to negotiate a smaller monthly payment. All that keeps happening is we get threatened of it going to collections and they just tack on more for interest. We are willing to pay something, but we’re told that if it’s not the minimum payment it won’t go through. How can a company rightfully do that? This has made my husband question whether going to college to pursue a career was worth it, now that he is done and we are financially strapped and can’t simply fathom having to pay that amount!
LendKey Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.