2. Mortgages

3.9/5 (1933 ratings)

About LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

Pros

• Sign-up is free
  • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation

Cons

• Not all qualify for advertised rates
  • Might send you ads after sign-up

Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

Top LendingTree Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… The entire process went smooth and was quick. Eric followed up with me immediately when items were needed and walked me through the entire process. He was very professional and ...

Verified

LendingTree made it quick and easy to get me the best rate on a unsecured loan. The rate I received was almost half of what I would have got if going to the lender directly. That ...

LendingTree products

What is LendingTree?

LendingTree is an online company that matches you with its extensive network of lenders to provide multiple options for a loan based on your financial situation. Shop for home loans, personal loans, credit cards, insurance, debt relief, auto loans, business loans, debt consolidation, credit repair and more. After receiving loan offers, shoppers can compare loans side by side or contact loan officers to negotiate rates. Personal loan amounts range from $1,000 to $50,000, and certain lenders might be able to fund the loan in as little as 48 hours.

Sign up for a free LendingTree account to check your credit score. The company also suggests ways to improve your credit score and informs you of loans that can beat your current rates. LendingTree also has various types of loan calculators to help you figure out your options for mortgages, whether you should rent or buy and how to deal with other financial situations.

How does LendingTree work?

LendingTree matches you with up to five loan offers within five minutes. Its website helps you shop for a wide range of financial services, including those related to:

• Mortgage loans
  • Personal loans
  • Business loans
  • Bank accounts
  • Credit cards
  • Student loans
  • Auto loans

After answering a series of brief questions, you get matched with a list of lenders. Typically, you can apply online, directly with the lender, through links LendingTree provides.

LendingTree's refinancing options let you compare lenders and rates available in your area. Each lender has different requirements for application, and you should have personal financial information like income, debts and assets ready when applying.

LendingTree rates

LendingTree’s service is free. Personal loan rates from LendingTree partners differ based on the lender. The lender will charge a rate based on your credit score — for example, a personal loan from Citizens Bank has a rate between 6.49% and 19.49% APR as of publishing.

Borrowers can save .5% with automatic payments.

LendingTree FAQ

Where is LendingTree located?
LendingTree's corporate headquarters is in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company offers services nationwide.
Will LendingTree hurt my credit?
When you complete a loan request, LendingTree pulls your credit report without affecting your credit score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the lender conducts a hard inquiry into your credit history. This typically lowers your credit score by several points, but you can recover by making on-time payments on your newly opened account.
How long does it take to get money from LendingTree?
Some of LendingTree's partners offer fast application processing, which means you might qualify for funding within 48 hours of approval.
Is LendingTree a bank?
LendingTree is not a bank. The company partners with banks to provide loan offers to shoppers.
Does LendingTree do personal loans?
LendingTree has options for personal loans. It compares companies with loan types including debt consolidation, unsecured loans, holiday loans, pool loans, dental loans and emergency loans.
Does LendingTree offer home equity loans?
LendingTree lets shoppers compare options for home equity loans and home equity lines of credit (HELOC). You can also shop by home type, such as multifamily, single-family, townhouse, condo or manufactured.
Does LendingTree do USDA loans?
Yes, LendingTree partners with lenders that offer USDA loans.

Is LendingTree legit?

Yes. LendingTree offers a free loan comparison service that saves potential borrowers time and effort as they research lenders. It offers a wide array of services and loan types, all of which are displayed on one website for convenient shopping. If you need a loan, LendingTree can help you quickly compare offers and find the best fit for your situation.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: April 29, 2021

A reputable company, they do make it possible for more than one Lenders to give a quote for rates. But the calls can become extensive and bothersome. We ended up using a Lender not arranged by them. We did so because the Lender we chose was the most responsible and had the best rates and conditions of the mortgage companies.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2021

They are a good company agency that’s helpful with the loans experience that you did not know and they sure will be quite the right information. It seems like they advertise you to get the right help and the right source communication so you have the right information to get all the seed loan you’re looking for. It’s a good agency to help you with your credit and make sure you are with the right loan agency.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The mortgage brokers are exceptional. They do everything that they can to ensure that you get the mortgage you want at the lowest rate. I am dealing with a mortgage broker, Patrick, who is in constant contact with me regarding my mortgage application.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Clint ** helped me to refinance my car loan. He was very patient with my never-ending questions and was always professional and helpful. He was not pushy or salesy in any way. I would definitely recommend their services for your financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Put my information in on their website to get an ONLINE quote… made the mistake of using my real number. NEVER AGAIN! My phone was hammered with calls in 5 minutes as soon as I hit submit. Obnoxious.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Beware! The second you hit "submit" to get the quotes, your phone will blow up and you will get hundreds of calls, non-stop. I am still blocking numbers and had to turn off my phone for days. It still has not stopped. I had to tell all my clients to text me and I will call them back since I can't turn my phone back on. I refuse to do business with any of the Lending Tree lenders due to their overly aggressive phone calling.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Checking loan rates aren't supposed to have any impact on your credit score. However the companies Lending Tree works with do hard inquiries. So you fill out an application with Lending Tree then get 3 - 6 different hard hits on your credit which lowers your score. Checking rate aren't supposed to trigger hard inquiries. You're better off going to an individual company like your bank or credit union first. Stay away from market places like this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

They didn't even try to locate any possible lenders. Just said, "Nope. Your credit is horrible and we want you to pay us to fix it." Basically never even ran a report. I never entered my social security information so how would they even know what's on my report.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Ever since I requested quotes from LendingTree, my phone has been called dozens of times a day. There is no way for me to make it stop and it is driving me nuts!! I'm pretty sure they sold my number to some list makers or something, as I'm now getting calls not just in regards to refinancing my mortgage, but also to buy my home. I would advise everyone to use a real broker and stay away from these guys, or use a burner phone you can throw away when you're done finding the lender you want to work with.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I just responded to an unsolicited pop-up from LendingTree. I was curious about the current refinance mortgage rates. After answering their questions and hitting "submit", my phone started blowing up, even before LendingTree responded with their 5 best offers. I did not see on LendingTree's page anywhere where they revealed that they would share my info, but I have probably, over the last three days, blocked over 100 phone numbers on my phone and I am still getting calls and emails. These calls are originating all over the United States. I am also getting text messages, asking when a "good time to have a convo about my mortgage needs". Beware. Avoid the LendingTree trap.

LendingTree Company Information