4.7/5 (1143 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I am satisfied with my experience buying silver. Vince was very informative, answered all my questions. Couldn't be more pleased with the transaction.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I now have purchased from Lear 1,000 1/4th oz Canadian Royal Mint Gold Arctic Fox and Polar Bear coins. Mr. ** and Mr. ** have always been very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

Experience of purchasing coins was all I expected -- they were very helpful too.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I am anxious to share with other interested investors the wonderful experience I had with Jodi ** and Lear Capital. After years of researching various investment strategies and having some disappointing (even devastating) results, I finally said goodbye to my traditional, mutual fund adviser, and bought precious metals. I was introduced to Jodi and never looked back. Jodi was knowledgeable, personable, and efficient. She shared her own journey and how she came to Lear Capital which was very reassuring to hear. I also appreciated the broad understanding she had of world trends and events that are taking place which are and will affect our economy and financial affairs. Her valuable information combined with my own research left me feeling very confident that now is the time to make this move. Lear provided a great price as well as some extra bonus perks, which I appreciated.

Once the transaction was done, I found a great peace of mind and surprisingly avoided the dreaded "buyer's remorse" that often follows big financial commitments. Jodi was in touch from beginning to end and even willing to take a phone call on a weekend to ensure everything was taken care of. When the alarm clock goes off in the morning and the news of a drop in the stock market is announced, my heart doesn't palpitate as used to do. I am beyond happy about my decision. I am relieved, confident and optimistic. Thank you Jodi ** and Lear Capital!

Lear Capital response

Thank you Joan for your review.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Awesome service. Every thing went as smooth as silk. Fantastic lady, Joann **, handled everything for me. I am well pleased with her help and with my coins. I will recommend Lear Capital and Joanne to my friends on Facebook and to others.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

My husband and I had taken all of our money out of the market before it crashed. We were deciding and I told my husband that gold and silver is the way I want to go and he said that the more he thinks about it, that's what he thinks we ought to do right now. I was the luckiest person in the world to have gotten Jody ** when I called Lear. She is wonderful, very helpful and sent me all kinds of literature. She spoke with me on the phone several times and at length each time because my husband had questions since he wasn't there when I spoke to her to begin with. We had set a time when we would talk again and we'd written down questions and she answered every one of them. We told her what we're interested in and she said that they have many products, but if that is what we wanted, that is what we would have, and she will be more than happy to help us. We read through the material and then both of us spoke with Jody.

I'm hoping that I can recommend more people to get into the gold and silver market because we've already made money. I've contacted Jody to send me literature to present to my nephew who's putting into stock market on his own. Moreover, I spoke briefly with my youngest sister and we'll talk more with her and my nephew. Overall, it was a positive, satisfying and secure experience with Lear Capital.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

We have been more than pleased with Danny and Lear.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

Charles ** has been very helpful in my purchases. He has listened to me and understands that I am a conservative purchaser.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

This was my first experiment with silver and gold. If it wasn't for rep Peter ** I surely would have been very nervous but Peter explained everything as I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Peter.

Professional customer service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Daniel was very professional and helpful in providing me with my Silver purchase.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

This was the first time I used Lear. I have purchased gold and silver in the past from other companies. My only concern was follow-up after the sale. I was told and therefore expected my shipment in 10 business days. I called, maybe two or three, times just to see where it was. Well I found out the product was popular and they were minting more. No big deal, really, I understand delays. But I would have appreciated a call, text, or email with that info instead of me having to chase it down. I understand I am a small fish in a big pond but being my first experience with Lear I wondered if my money was safe.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I was very happy with my experience with Peter and the Lear Capital. All my questions and follow-up was handle very well. I would recommend Lear Capital to anyone looking to purchase silver and gold coins or to purchase metals for a self-direct IRA.

Thank you for your response.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

We worked with a representative at Lear Capital and found him very informative and we enjoyed working with him. They sent some information in the mail and we've been worried about having some money in the bank when we knew we weren't making anything in the bank. We said, "We can't do much." He said, "Well, we can do little ones and big ones." So we did a little bit but everything worked like he said it would. And he said, "You want some more?" I said, "Wait a minute. It's heavy. We had to get help to move it." We've never done anything like that before or thought about metals. We've seen gold when things were going good and it wasn't worth much, and so we never thought about doing metal. But we went through some thinking and through the representative sharing, we tried a little bit and see what happened. We were trying something new and there wasn't any problem dealing with Lear.

Lear Capital Company Information