Find a Gold IRA Companies partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Find Gold IRA Companies partners near you

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
    • Transparent pricing
    • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
    • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Top Lear Capital Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Ordering silver today was an easy process and a positive experience. Although I was unsure of what kind of silver to buy, Brad make me feel like I made the right choice and that i...

Verified

I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Morrey answered all of my questions and explained things thoroughly. He was very professional and personable, and the best part was that ...

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold IRA disclaimer

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital can help you diversify your investment portfolios with precious metal bullion (coins and bars by weight), numismatic coins and precious metal IRAs. To help you make informed decisions, Lear Capital also provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates.

How does Lear Capital work?

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a convenient way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital then reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your funds. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your new precious metals IRA.

You can then arrange to buy precious metals for your IRA. Lear Capital offers a three-step Price Advantage Guarantee for every transaction, which provides you with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation. All IRA metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault courtesy of Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from Lloyd’s of London, too.

Lear Capital products and services

Lear Capital offers a variety of products and services, including:

• Self-directed IRAs: You can transfer funds or roll over portions of an existing IRA into a precious metals IRA. Your physical metals are stored in a private storage facility, but you get the same tax advantages as you would with a normal IRA.
    • Precious metals: You can buy rare coins and gold, silver and platinum bullion (including IRA-eligible products) on Lear Capital’s website. However, its online store is down at the time of publishing.

Lear Capital also has a comprehensive resource library that includes a precious metals encyclopedia, market charts and free guides on precious metals and retirement accounts.

Lear Capital cost

Lear Capital charges a flat $160 annual fee for self-directed IRAs and no other fees. This includes storage, insurance and 24/7 account access online. Pricing for individual gold, silver and platinum products varies over time, so it’s a good idea to check Lear Capital’s website or call to see the latest information.

Lear Capital FAQ

A full list of Lear Capital’s IRA-eligible coins can be found on its website. In general, gold bullion must be at least 99.5% pure, silver bullion must be 99.9% pure, and platinum bullion must be 99.95% pure.
    With Lear Capital, your IRA custodian, Self Directed IRA Services, Inc., will offer a website with 24/7 access to your portfolio’s performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.
    Lear Capital stores client metals with Delaware Depository, which is an IRS-approved depository. The depository also provides a comprehensive insurance policy underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
    Yes, you can set a recurring schedule to have your contributions automatically transferred into your precious metals IRA.

Is Lear Capital legit?

Working with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio can be a smart choice. It offers bullion, numismatic coins and self-directed IRAs, so you have multiple options for investing in precious metals. Lear Capital also provides market data, insights and price notifications to help you protect and grow your investments, and this info is important if you want to be an active investor.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

This was our first major investment in precious metals. We were uncertain on how to go about our purchase. But Morrey ** was very very helpful explaining and guiding us through the process. He is a wreath of knowledge. He kept in constant contact with us thru the whole process, and thanks to Morrey everything went smoothly as he said that it would. Would recommend Lear Capital and Morrey to anyone interested in precious metals. Thanks to Morrey, Roger and Linda ** Spokane Valley, Wash.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Dmitri answered my call to Lear, he came across as honest, helpful, and truthful. No pressure just talking to the guy sitting next to me. I appreciate that! I told him what I was looking for and he answered my questions. I shared my experience with a competitor of yours. There was a stark difference. Please give Dmitri a raise or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant. He is the reason your company will succeed. Thank you.

Merle

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Overall experience with Gerry ** and Terry ** was great. Very helpful. Great attitudes. Positive outlooks. My biggest obstacle is always with paperwork and Kelly **? was so helpful and kind. She even offered to stay on the line while we Contacted Voya. It was no problem for her. Out of her way to be kind and friendly. Don’t know what you pay her but she would be a bargain at twice the price.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I had been looking around for good deals on precious metals and saw a commercial for Lear. I called and was fortunate enough to have Brad ** as my representative. Brad is very professional, patient, and helpful, as I am new to buying precious metals. The prices were very good and when I received my order everything looked good and there were no issues at all. I only gave Lear 4 stars because of the delay in shipping. I placed my order on 4-12-21 and they received my payment on 4-19-21. My order did not ship until 5-7-21. Brad explained the delay to my satisfaction so I have no complaints. I do recommend Lear Capital and strongly suggest contacting Brad. His extension is **.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Morrey has been exceptional to work with, I’m a new investor trying to diversify my portfolio and Morrey has been pivotal in my new venture. He took the time to explain the market to me, took my personal situation into consideration and was open and honest with me throughout the process. He’s always accessible for questions or inquiries and makes a point to contact me, as a courtesy, to keep me up-to-date during the order process. I appreciate his knowledge and understanding of the market and see him as a great resource of information. All of this, combined with his upbeat personality and get demeanor, has made this a seamless and smooth experience overall. I plan to continue this newly built relationship with Morrey and Lear Capital and look forward to what the future holds. P.S. I would give Morrey (and Lear Capital) 10 stars if possible. Thanks for everything!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Professional, reliable, great communication, Organized, efficient, and trustworthy. Perfect company for the First Time Investor. My transaction went perfectly and exactly as promised. 5 stars on communication! Thank you for the great experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I had to sell some silver and worked with a Demitri **. He walked me through the process needed to mail in my silver and gave me an accurate value for it. Demitri also kept me informed as to when I should receive my check. All in all a positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This was my first experience in purchasing silver. I was recommended by my sister to invest. So, I called Morrey and he explained everything. He is number one in my book!!! I know if I have a question, I can pick up the phone and call.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Entering the medals market, we had lots of questions and it was our good fortune that Morrey ** was on the other end of the line patiently guiding us with answers and giving us confidence. This was our second order we placed with Morrey and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I appreciate Dmitri's assistance and knowledge as I needed to sell my silver and handle a health need immediately. He advised me that higher prices were coming but health needs were handled by his assistance. Thanks, Terry **

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

Lear Capital Company Information