Kitco

Looking for a good gold dealer?

Kitco

Looking for a good gold dealer?

2 Kitco Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 29, 2019

I purchased three 10 Oz. silver bars last year. I needed some money so I contacted Kitco and the man talked like he was in a race. This causing confusion as I couldn't understand the Chinese accent. I missed info that might be critical to my decisions process. I told him to stop -- twice before I could get him to stop! Then I told him I deserve the respect to be able to hear correctly what he says. I did make a deal with the silver to be picked up. I went and read reviews after (my stupid). Found another person saying how they got ripped off when they purchased and got scratched and damaged products and were told you got it - you can go sell it.

I just called in to cancel the picked up of my silver sale. Then I was told I would be charged $50 USD to cancel. I did not have it picked up as yet. There has no transaction started by law until there is a real product transfer exchange. It is only an intent to until the product is in hand. I was forced to complete this transaction even though I found out I could have sold it locally for $100 more profit than at Kitco. Kitco cost me $35 shipping. then I have to wait two weeks for a check or they charge another fee of 30 or so dollars for any other transfer of money. This whole system is a scam. Never never again will I deal with a silver gold bullion dealer online. The whole internet has become a scam system on fleecing people.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I wish to express with your quality assurance in hand. The Kitco logo should read... We cherry pick the best and send you the rest as they will not stand behind the metals they sell. Buyer beware. They will send you scratched,dinged, dirty silver/gold items then tell you, "Well you got what you got." Sell as mint quality and send out impaired 2nd rate picked over garbage. "Example" I ordered and well I did receive a month later 1 tube of 2017 Darth Vader coins. Upon un-boxing it was noted the mint tube seal was broken & retaped shut. Opening the tube it turns out all the coins inside are smudged, scratched, dinged and even dirty with who knows what is stuck on them. I did contact Kitco and their response was, "We do not guarantee mint coins." You have been warned.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Kitco expert review by Barbara Friedberg

With the launch of the Kitco website in 1995, Bart Kitner took his original $700 investment and turned it into one of the most trusted information sources for the precious metals market. The website currently draws more than one million visitors every day.

• News and reports: Kitco goes beyond the simple spot report with news aggregation from all over the Web that might affect the precious metals market.

• Base metal reports: Get the price of gold and silver along with the price of aluminum, nickel, copper and more.

• Visual data: Seeing the numbers isn't always helpful, so Kitco uses charts and diagrams to make data clear at a glance.

• Buy into a pool: Much like buying an interest in a development property, at Kitco customers can buy into a pool of precious metals, which helps share the cost over several buyers who all own a percentage.

• Easy sales: Kitco will sell any coin or bar on its site, and transactions under $20,000 don't need collateral.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg