Just Military Loans

Compare Payday & Title Loan Companies

Research top Payday & Title Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been a long time customer with JML. Recently, they have gone extremely downhill. I've been trying to contact them for months about my account and they will not return phone calls or emails. Their interest rates are ridiculously high, but I had horrible credit when I first start using them. Now that my credit is better I tried contacting them in order to reamortize my loan. Customer service is nonexistent at this point. If you need a loan, go elsewhere.

Very satisfying. In the end when I needed help and having someone listen to what I needed help with is a very nice feeling in my heart so thank you very much. Very helpful with asking if I need more help with anything else or did I find the answer to what I was looking for. The payment was very easy and no complications at all. The repayment was very simple and not complicated at all. No problems at all when needing to complete additional fees. And very happy.

Customer service is okay, just that you have to have all your information so they won't think it's a lie or it's someone's else profile. The extra service is also the same as customer service but not a lot. Just that you need all your information so they could find you and be able to process everything you need. I like the repayment options cause they allow you to pay however you want. You don't necessarily have to pay with a credit card. You could pay with money effective. The additional fees aren't that much. They put it together with everything you owe so you could pay everything at once and not pay it everything apart which is good.

They answered my questions as best as they could. They weren't rude or anything like that which increased my rating to over a thousand. They have a lot of services. They give more information about the loans and if you visit their website the extra service is there. It automatically pays for your loan so you don't have to repay all with hard work. This can really save a lot of time and effort. The additional fees are pretty expensive. That this is too much just for a fee just for that extra service. This isn't called for.

They are great to work with. Very helpful getting a loan. Fast action. I have told everyone about this service. I am very pleased. They will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. They provide you with all the information to secure your loan. They are very helpful in providing much more than a loan. It is more of a personal service they provide that has helped me out when I need it. They provide you with many options on repaying your loan. They will work with you so you can make your payment. They will suit your needs. Their rates are good and very low fees that will fit your budget. I would recommend using them as they have helped me out... You do not have to worry. They will not overcharge you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Just Military Loans?

Customer service was top notch. They helped me whenever I had a problem or question about my billing information. Whenever I called, they were courteous and helpful. The extra services are top notch compared to other companies. They offer a wide variety of services that I use over and over again. They really are the leading lender to use. Repayment options were very easy to understand. They gave me a fair APR rate and they didn't hike up the price. You only lose a lot of money if you don't pay on time. They had a few fees that I wasn't sure of. They weren't many fees but they soon added up over time and it was tedious to pay back. On my bill there some fees that I didn't understand much.

The customer services kept my concerns at bay and helped me with the set up process and continue through the usage process. It's a good thing to keep going. The regimes that are offered are highly qualified and high quality. Everyone who uses this should rest assured that the produce and service is quality and good. Repayment terms were fair and the repayment process was a good and fair and both terms were not onerous and overbearing. I'm happy with the repayment process. I felt the fees were a little high for the service and therefore rated my opinion as so. Many companies uses fees as a tack on for additional revenue without cost of business, and I feel these fees are the same.

The clerks weren't very nice. The terms of agreement weren't fantastic. Interest charges were ridiculous. I will probably not use them again. I did not use any extra services on the occasion that I used the lending services. The options were varied. However the terms and conditions and the fees were ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend. It wasn't a great experience. I needed help. I shouldn't have to pay extra fees when I'm in need. These companies exist to make people stay under their thumb and in debt.

Very attentive, helpful, and informative. They took very good care of me and the customer. My calls were always answered and questions made clear. I didn't really take time to get into the other extra services that were offered. I did like the feedback I received from reps in the dept that was assisting me. I felt as though I was able to make a lot of money during this process. Because my savings began to increase as well I was able to apply for another loan. There were many nor fees associated with the account I was on but I was able to pay it in full. They also gave me the option to pay in installments.

I recently applied for an emergency loan. Just Military Loans took almost 2 weeks to process everything a loan. The first step before anything at all was to set up an allotment and send the company confirmation, which was really strange. After submitting everything they need, they had to speak with my commander. I gave them the number to the commander's office, but they wanted a DSN phone number, we do not have a DSN phone number since it is a brand new facility. The representative would return phone calls when she wanted, and emails were never returned. After leaving multiple voice mails for the lady, I get a voice mail the next day stating that they were going to cancel my request for the loan due to non-corporation. Yet, every time I attempted to get through, I would be on hold for 30 to 45 minutes.

Finally, they got in contact with the commander and said that the funds would be processed in two days. When I asked when the first payment would be due, the rep said the 1st of November! This way 12 days after we had got approved for the loan, not to mention the time they spent giving us the run around. However, the contract that I signed states first payment would be due in 30 days, December 1st. I left multiple voice message asking for the rep to clarify why the contract said one thing, and she told me something different no one ever called me back. I even emailed the rep on multiple occasions, no one has ever respond. I attempted to contact the companies 800 number, and left a message on their website to receive a phone call back, still no response.

It is now January 1st, and I have yet to get any information. I am not sure who is servicing my loan, where the payment are going, or why they took the payment out 12 days after I received the loan. I will never use this company again, nor would I ever refer any military to them. If I had not really needed the funds at the moment I was ready to cancel the whole thing.

JustMilitary that I was sucks butt. Just do not use them. It took two weeks before I said just forget it. They had my les, ID card and references. All things were valid. They talked to my references and chain of command, but they want to talk to my commander. This was the hold up for two weeks. Now it is December. Half day schedules, so I give them his number's office number, no cell phones, and tell them the times he is in. I even call them in front of him and wait for the call back, no call. Instead, they call at 1500. I was told by Vanessa when I contacted her, and of course no one is there half a day schedule, even though they said they would call right back to get the info they needed...

Really it just should not take this long especially if they tell you that you are approved, then they want you to start an allotment before they have verified everything. They wanted this two weeks ago. So I should start an allotment upon a preapproval and wait two weeks to receive my money, but guess what, I have not received my money yet. I am still waiting for them to check my DNA and my RECTAL temperature. I will be going elsewhere as I have been approved by Omni yesterday and will be receiving my money within 24 hours, so my advice is just do not do it.

I am stationed OCONUS and when applying for the loan, the application was easy and straightforward. After that you receive numerous emails and instructions. The entire process is based around contacting your employer. I provided the allotment and ID (Form of Employment verification) information after approved and I had to argue with the woman about how my work phone was not a cell phone. After 15 minutes I told her I have been working here for 5 years and know the difference between a cell phone and a DSN. She later called back and said she made a mistake and was able to verify my employment.

Before I could get my funds she needed to speak to my supervisor to verify my employment. Why do you need to verify my employment 3 times? I provided the information and again she stated it wasn't correct and needed to have an extension. I told them there was no need for an extension and that was a a direct number, unless it changed since I went on leave. They persisted to say they needed an extension so I cancelled the loan request. It became so much of a hassle to get the information verified than to get the loan. I was in the states and called overseas to the same number I provided them for my supervisor and he ANSWERED. Stick with Pioneer or Omni. Those are great services. JML lacks the ability to deal with military and any service member knows that if you have access to an allotment and an LES that is their employment verification.

This is a real good one. I was in need of a loan for emergency leave purposes. I completed the required paperwork and received my loan within two days. About two weeks later, I received the funds to pay the loan off, which my personal banker scheduled an ACH payment to pay off my account in full. The funds were withdrawn from my account on April 24, 2012. I later continuously checked to see if it had been updated.

After about 1 week, I contacted their customer service, and was met with a rude woman whose first question was, "Are you still sending the allotment?", and that it takes 5 days to clear. 5 days to clear? The payment cleared over one week ago, when I was just inquiring as to why the account was not marked as paid in full. So, in essence, they were trying to get my payoff amount plus an additional $247.97 (monthly payment amount) from me. After threatening to pursue legal action against this company, and threatening to contact the BBB if they did not give me any paid-in-full documentation. Finally, after going to that extreme, they corrected it.

This honestly makes me wonder if they're doing this to me, I wonder what they're getting away with some of these younger sailors, soldiers, airmen, and marines, who do not have as much experience with loans, and other types of credit. I should not have had to go to the extent of threatening legal action, or involving the BBB. I'm glad they got their act together and fixed it. If you're in the market for a loan from a military friendly company, do not do business with them. Look to your own bank or credit union first, or go through Pioneer Military Loans, or Omni Financial, much better experiences and customer service.

I applied for a loan and actually got approved. They sent me a ton of paper work to fill out, plus an online form for references and they also wanted me to start an allotment. Reluctantly, I did so. After I did all of what was asked, I was still waiting for some kind of response.

I emailed them at least twice with no reply. I called them numerous times and was just told that they were still contacting my references. Their website says "fast loans" ...yeah right! So, even after they contacted my references, I was still waiting for the money. I finally got a hold of my "loan officer", Keith **, and he said they had to speak to 2 E6 or above and to a commanding officer!

He was not going to talk to my company, not a chance. Not only that, I don't even have an E6 in my chain of command, so I told him to just forget it and to cancel my request. I still have to wait for my allotment to show up on my pay so I can cancel it. He told me that if the allotment comes out, they will refund me the next month!? Save yourself the hassle and go to **, they are perfect. Instant approval and I got the money the next day.

I got approved for the loan on March 25. They requested a lot of paperwork, I got them in. I had been trying to contact Deanna via email, no response. I left voicemails during their working hours and it still took her over 1 week for her to get back to me. She told me she needed another POC from my family. I gave her the info. Everything was good. She then told me I had to call her to close out my loan so my funds could be distributed. When I called, she told me I needed an LES for March because one little time had went past and they needed more current info. I had to jump hurdles to get it, but it got to her 30 minutes after she requested it - after she had told me she needed it that day.

She told me my loan would be closed out and cancelled because it had been over 30 days. My loan was active, but I just got approved for it on the 25th. I got her info to her. I called her back and I couldn't even speak to her. She had me on the phone with Vanessa and one of the other managers. They told me my loan had exceeded 30 days and it was cancelled voluntarily by them, and said some of my contacts weren't correct after Deanna told me she talked to everybody. I asked my contacts if she had called, they said she did and they couldn't help me after Deanna had just told me when I got that LES I could have my money.

My question is, why did they voluntarily cancel my loan after 21 days when they are supposed to keep a loan active for 30 days? Why was the manager so rude to me? It took them a long time to patch me in before I finally spoke to the manager. After I got them all the requested paperwork, which is a lot, I waited patiently for them to verify everything. They just told me "no, you can't have it" for no reason. Please help me. I've done my part. I was patient. Why can I not have my money? This was the worst customer service experience of my military career.

If you are thinking about using just military loans for a loan save yourself the stress and trouble, and look somewhere else! We applied for a loan from just military, and filled out all the necessary paperwork required online. Then once approved you have to print out a huge amount of paperwork where they want everything short of your first born.

Then you have to go get it noterized and fax it, and we had to fax it 3 times and they still didn't get it. Oh and if you call and it is close to the end of the day don't expect the lady to be any help, she is impersonal and can't wait to leave at the end of the day. They claim on their website that they have FAST military loans, however we have been dealing with their [lies] for a week now and still are getting the run around and with no results (MONEY).

So if you are military and you need a loan do yourself a favor and DO NOT go with just military. Pioneer Military loans is much better, the people are friendly and you get approved in a couple hours and then get your money within the next 24hrs, and you don't have to fill out a ton of paper work or all the other reqired for just military!

Around 20 September I was in need of a small loan. So I searched the net for military-friendly companies and found 'Just Military Loans'. I have received loans through other military loan companies in the past, so I did not think this would be much different. I filled out an application on their website and the very next day they notified me that I was approved. They emailed me a list of instructions on how to begin the loan paperwork process. The instructions dictated that I would need to set up an allotment through My Pay (to pay the loan through monthly payroll deduction) and that I would need to get my loan documents notarized and signed and fax back to them.

I completed my part of the loan process within 2 days. At the time, I was currently home on leave, in between a PCS (military move). Part of the loan process was to give them information on my chain of command and phone numbers where they could reach them to verify my employment. My chain of command was overseas, 14 hours ahead of EST. But then, this being a military loan company, you would not think this to be a problem. But it was. They informed me that they only call overseas on certain days, which were Tuesday and Thursday. And the times they call at are not at all realistic. They would call them early in the morning, when they would not be in the office yet and of course unavailable.

Around 5 October, I finally grew frustrated and fed up. I had done my part of the loan process and these people were not working hard at all to do their part. By then, the payroll deduction had already began, so they had received my first payment on a loan that I had yet to receive. I immediately stopped the allotments so that it would not be taken out of other checks and called Just Military Loans and informed them that I would no longer need their services. I then asked for the refund of the first payment they had received. She stated that I would receive my refund through ACH with a fee of 12 dollars. Does not sound right that I should have to pay the ACH fee for a loan not received for failure to do their part of the agreement. And anyway, the way the loan agreement was set up, they withhold the amount of the 1st payment from the loan amount to be received in case they do not receive my allotment, so I would have been given back that amount ANYWAY. But whatever, I just wanted the whole thing to be done with so I agreed to the ACH refund.

I know you are not supposed to put any money down on a loan before receiving the funds, but I have gone through other military loan agencies and they require proof that you have started an allotment before proceeding with the loan. I never had a problem with this until now.

By 23 October I still had not received my refund. I emailed their company and informed them I had not received my refund and I received a response back asking which account I would like the funds to be deposited into. I gave them the requested information.

By 3 November, I still had not received the refund. I sent them a 'friendly' reminder that they still owed me the refund and that the next email I would have to send would be from a lawyer. I received a response on 5 November asking for my bank account information (once again). The ACH fee also somehow changed from the previous 12 dollars to 16 dollars. I emailed them asking why and she claimed that because it was now past 1 November the ACH fee went up and that she would need proof of all email correspondence with them to prove that I requested my refund prior to 1 November. I forwarded her the information. This shows terrible negligence on their part and I am STILL waiting for my refund. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If you are in the military and looking for a loan, think twice if not three times about dealing with this company.

The company responds:

We take all consumer complaints very seriously and it is unfortunate that Ms. W was not satisfied with her interaction with our company.

While many of the details put forth by Ms. W differ from the facts in our records, we do agree that Ms. W was due a refund in the amount of $123.97. Such refund was issued via electronic transfer on 11/12/08 to her checking account at USAA.

Should Ms. W have any further questions or concerns, we hope she will contact us directly. Thank you.

Jennifer Palatchi