2. Finance
  3. Structured Settlement

4.4/5 (59 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Structured Settlements

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum cash alternatives to structured settlements or annuity payments. Whether the payments are from settlements, annuities or casino and lottery winnings, the company provides fast cash buyouts and flexible options for each customer. The company offers signing bonuses and cash advances and includes a best-price guarantee with all purchases.

Pros

• Best-price guarantee
  • Customized options
  • Free quotes

Cons

• Payments may take up to three weeks
  • Credit score impact

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth is a lump-sum payment provider for annuities and settlements from lawsuits, lottery winnings and other sources. It makes cash available typically within three weeks, and fees range up to 15%.

Top JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Structured Settlements?

Verified

I have been working with Tim over the past couple of months, almost a year. My experience has been wonderful so far. If I have to make any other arrangements with anything, I will...

Verified

My worker or agent was very good at keeping me up to date and helping me with any questions and whatever I had along the way to get thru the whole process..You couldn't ask for a ...

How does JG Wentworth work?

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum payments to people who receive installment payments through a structured settlement or annuity. Structured settlements or annuities may have payouts lasting 30 years or more — JG Wentworth offers cash buyout alternatives that give customers immediate funds.

Call or fill out a form on the company’s website, and a representative will contact you within 24 hours. The JG Wentworth agent will help you arrange a lump-sum payment if you’re interested in cashing in a settlement. Its representatives help draw up the terms of your contract before having it approved by a judge. You typically receive your funds within two to three weeks after the contract is finalized.

How much does JG Wentworth charge?

The cost of selling your annuity or settlement to JG Wentworth varies based on the details of the agreement. Typically, JG Wentworth's fees range from 9% to 15% of the asset's total value. Its representatives provide free quotes over the phone to help you evaluate the cost of cashing in your structured settlement, winnings or annuity.

The company also offers a best-price guarantee to ensure you’re getting a good value for your assets.

JG Wentworth FAQ

How much money does JG Wentworth take from settlements?
JG Wentworth fees can range from 9% to 15%, depending on the details of your structured settlement or annuity. You can request a free quote for an exact estimate.
Is JG Wentworth worth it?
If you need cash quickly or would prefer to receive your payments as a lump sum, JG Wentworth may be worth the cost for immediate funding. During your initial consultation, the representative walks you through the asset’s cash value and fees.
Is JG Wentworth trustworthy?
JG Wentworth has worked with clients for more than 25 years and has many satisfied customers. Read reviews and complaints of current and former clients for a deeper look at its trustworthiness.
How long does it take to get your money from JG Wentworth?
It typically takes two to three weeks to receive your funds. Payment can sometimes be expedited to take as little as three days, but it depends on your contract.

Is JG Wentworth legit?

JG Wentworth is a reputable, reliable provider of lump-sum buyouts for annuity or structured settlement payments. It offers free, no-obligation quotes. Fees typically range from 9% to 15%, depending on the settlement’s value and the terms of your contract. Contact JG Wentworth online or over the phone for a personalized quote.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

JG Wentworth doesn’t disclose any information to an outside party when you're getting ready to bind that agreement and I experienced that personally. If you want somebody to know anything about your account and the other person calls, looking for information or references to verify, I'm going to call to have a conference call. So, I trust JG Wentworth with my information. I have no problem with it. The customer service has gone beyond and further when I needed them. Even on weekends or off days, if I mail, they would call. Even out of the office, they would call and ask me if my problem was solved. And if it hadn’t been solved, then they would call me and get it taken care of. So, they were excellent.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Lakisha! It's wonderful to hear you're so comfortable working with the JG Wentworth team to get the money you deserve - thanks for sharing!

Get buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

My experience with JG Wentworth from the beginning to the end has been absolutely phenomenal. I immediately started working with Clark **, he was very knowledgeable in giving me a quote and explaining to me thoroughly the process and procedures that are going to take place in order for me to get my lump sum in selling my structured settlement. Every single time I had a question, a concern, or didn’t understand something he was always at the ready to inform me and help me understand and has a vast wealth of knowledge in The business that he does.

I was in dire straits, and needed a friend who could walk me through getting the funds that I needed when I needed them. Clarke was that friend. He always returned my phone calls, helped me with my anxiety about going to court for the final settlement approval (simply because I’m already just an anxious person, he was always able to ease my anxious mind with his sincere appreciation for my circumstances) & Briefed me on everything I could expect moving forward, and spoke to me in plain language when it came to everything. There was an honesty there that I have not found in any company that I’ve done business within a long time. (possibly ever)

I appreciate how diligent he was, how intelligent he was, how involved he was, and took the time to understand my situation as to why I was looking to get my structured settlement, as well as making sure that we were able to get that taken care of. I am absolutely fortunate that I had the opportunity to work with Clarke. This process was made so simple, and handled so delicately and had the absolute pleasure to work with somebody who has such a wealth of knowledge, and so personable.

I rate this experience 10 out of 10. Not because simply because we set a goal and obtained it as a team to receive my lump sum, but because of the customer service that was provided. I didn’t feel like I was alone when I was doing this. I felt like I had a reliable friend working alongside me looking out for my best interests. Who not only stood that this was his job but treated me with human dignity and was there every single step of the way. I can’t say thank you enough to JG Wentworth, and I cannot say thank you enough to Clark **, for everything, truly. This has been a diligently delightful experience from the first phone call all the way through, to me receiving my lump sum.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Michael! We're thrilled that you enjoyed working with Clark to get the money you deserve - thank you for sharing! We're here to help any time you need us.

Original review: June 5, 2021

The process was about two months long. I was told that everything would have been settled around mid-March but it got settled in April. Also, in the beginning, the customer support wasn’t as good as I would have wanted to. Every time I tried to get in touch with the person that was assigned to my case, they weren't available at all. Then someone else got assigned and that person was very helpful. He called me almost every week and every time I called him, he responded and if he couldn't get it, he would call me right back. They kept me updated with everything and I didn't have to do much. All I did was have to go to court and get my money. They made everything easy. The money came in perfect timing and they gave me more than I asked for. I'm happy I did it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jahlia! We're glad everything went so well - thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I liked the reputation that JG Wentworth has. I used them three times and had a good experience. I also used another company once and I got a little better rate on my return. With JG Wentworth, Mark was my rep and he was outstanding. He treated me right and helped me a lot. I have his direct number. If I ever need anything, I call him and work with him.

JG Wentworth gave me a quote two months ago. I got $10,000 and I'm good for now. I don't need to receive any more phone calls for six months. Sometimes the calls get repetitious and annoying. The company wants to do business with people and help them, but I don't need eight phone calls a week saying they want to give me a quote. I don't need to be called every two days. That kind of action will turn me to a position where I would go somewhere else. The company can send me the gift cards and that's fine. I appreciate it. Other than that, everything was fine.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Dana! We're glad Mark could help you get the money you deserve - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 28, 2021

It was a really easy process working with JG Wentworth. They were straightforward about what the process was going to look like and what we needed to do. They let us know everything that we needed to make the process a little easier. They were by our side the entire step of the way. They also followed up with me after the settlement and then a couple of weeks later to see if we needed anything else from them, not to hesitate to give them a call. If we ever need anything in the future, they would love to work with us. They were really great. If I ever need another lump sum, I would not even question it. They're the first ones that I would go to.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Monica! We're thrilled you were so pleased with our service - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Kai did amazing especially with answering all of my questions whenever I asked. It was a smooth process and I got my money fast, they even matched all competitors. No problem. I also recommended a family member and got another bonus.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Haley! Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed working with Kai - we're happy we could help you get the money you deserve!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

After the experience of getting the opportunity to work with him, I will never go through any other company to get the job done. I appreciate all of his efforts to help our family out, and I will absolutely look forward to working with him in the future.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jordan! We're thrilled to hear how much Vance helped you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I just think it's pretty Bad that people that had a lawsuit fought for what should of been enough. It wasn't and I just did a transaction for 2,800 & JG got 151,000.00 and I'm homeless. I pray one day to be compensated for all the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS I ONE DAY GET BACK. STRAIGHT CROOKS.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I was promised that Monday, August 30th I’d receive my money. They know I have certain obligations and now a representative from JG is saying “there’s nothing he can do.” About a 57k transfer. Are you serious. I don’t deserve this after all of the money I have made JG Wentworth. Will never RECOMMEND.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Brittany, thank you for your feedback. Please be on the lookout for communications from us on this matter.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Process was fast. Information was good and Mike ** was a great guy. Tried his best to keep me informed and got my deal done. Pleasure to do business with 100 percent straightforward no hidden details. Would recommend JG to anyone.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi George! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Mike so much - thank you for sharing!

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information