Find a Mortgages partner

Jersey Mortgage Co.

4.6/5 (465 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Jersey Mortgage Co.

Jersey Mortgage Company is a lender that offers competitive and flexible home loan options and personalized customer service. Because the company is a direct lender, it can provide homeowners with in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA and first-time homebuyers loans, as well as other home loan programs.

Pros

• No third-party interference
  • Informative website
  • Emphasis on personalized service

Cons

• Available only in three states
  • No cost information on the website

Bottom Line

Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender in New Jersey. Its website features its loan officers and boasts personalized service and competitive rates. It writes in-house loans, with FHA, VA, USA, first-time buyer options and more.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Jersey Mortgage Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: April 22, 2019

For about a year or more, my daughter and I had been looking to move so we could live together. She knew one of the girls from Jersey Mortgage and we went with them. We got a VA loan and being at my age, everything was a little confusing to me. But it was okay and I was surprised how quick it was to go through with the lawyer at the closing. It was so professionally done. He had it laid out there and he explained it to me that I got a little education there. Being the signatory on the loan, I was there when a signature was needed but my daughter took care of all of other things.

Also, Jersey’s rep, Gina, was right on point and every time I had a question or I needed something answered, I called her and she called me right back. She was very helpful and I liked her style, her approach to the business, and the way she did it. I was so impressed with her. She even gave me a gift. She took the time to find out what I like and I was surprised when I opened the gift. She called my daughter to ask and I thought that was so caring and heartfelt.

Other than that, I was satisfied with Jersey Mortgage’s application process. It took a couple of days for the application and underwriting process to be finished but I got a pretty fair mortgage rate. I was comfortable working with Jersey all the way through and it was more of a pleasure than I thought it was gonna be. I thought it was gonna be a pain in the neck, but it was absolutely perfect. Jersey Mortgage has helped me and I’ve already told my neighbor about them. He was talking about moving and wanted to sell his house. I told him Jersey can also put him in touch with people who could sell the house.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I was buying a new home and was referred by someone I knew who knew about Jersey Mortgage. The application process went good and everything was upfront. Their reps told me everything I needed to know. If I have questions, getting a hold of anybody was easy. But the process took a little bit longer because there was a lot of back and forth with the person that we were dealing with as far as buying the property. Other than that, Alberto, the loan officer, was always there every time I need him and reach out to him. He always gets back to me and gives me the information that I need. He was good and very informative.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We were buying a new home and we were referred to Jersey Mortgage through the VA. The application process went fine and it took a month to complete. The experience was easy except getting the credit report cleaned up a little bit. Also, the rate I received was a little high. I worked with Garth and I was impressed with his determination and drive to get everything completed. He was precise and always returned his phone calls.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I went with Jersey's FHA mortgage with a 203K loan. However, they should have warned me that applying was a long process and they needed hundreds of documents. There was too much to do. Maybe they were doing their due diligence, but it went on and on and on. The underwriting process took approximately 20 days. Then, when I applied for a renovation loan, I had to submit the contractor estimate with that. One of the contractors gave me the estimate but he was not willing to work. He told me that he had another big job and he cannot take my contract.

It looked like Jersey did not know what kind of processes they had and they kept asking me for documents when they should have a list of documents that they needed from me. Their lending process has to be simpler. I have good credit but they were still asking me for my paycheck and many letters. It was nonsense, like playing games. Despite that, the loan officers I worked with were good, very professional and they understood.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was purchasing a condo and Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to me by my realtor. Obtaining the mortgage was easy. They did not make it very stressful. The application was quick and the whole process took about a month. They need to make things a little bit more clear though. For example, the things that I needed for the closing date. But that was it and even that was not that bad. I worked with their rep, Scott, and he was very personable. I felt very comfortable. He was always there and he checked in on everything, especially at the end where there was a lot of waiting for things to happen. He was very good on keeping track.

Jersey Mortgage's term was fair and I was satisfied with how they worked with me to help close the loan. They answered my questions right away and even if they didn’t have an answer, they found the answer by the end of the day. If I had to buy a home again tomorrow, I would go through them. Working with them made my life so much better. I and my son now have a place of our own and nobody can kick us out.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My daughter and I availed of Jersey's first-time homebuyer program. We are both co-owners on the mortgage. We picked John as our rep and we absolutely loved him. He was awesome. We liked his personality, customer service, and communication skills. The application process was complicated but John made it doable. The application and underwriting process took a month and a half.

Kim helped with the process as well. John and Kim both communicated very well either via email, telephone or texting. The response time was great. If I would call them, they would normally pick up the phone. And if I would leave a message, there was a callback very soon. There was no lag time. Everything was great. The mortgage rates and terms we received were what was expected.

We love Jersey Mortgage. During the process, I had to give my daughter power of attorney because I was in a different state at the time. John flew out to California to present the papers to me. Also, my daughter and I felt that we became friends with the folks ay Jersey. My daughter is only 25 and this is her first homebuyer program. One of the biggest things she appreciated was how Jersey explained everything to her because she didn't really know much about it. They didn't treat her like a dumb kid so that was good.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I was a first-time homebuyer and when I was looking into acquiring a mortgage, Jersey Mortgage had low-interest rates versus other mortgage providers. My wife and I had good interaction with our loan officer, Richard, and I was impressed with the way he guided us along through the process. He also told us what we needed and how we can go about to get it. We bought the house in New Jersey but I was in Georgia working for 10 weeks there so it was my wife and Richard who went back and forth. Their process was tedious but good and it took us approximately two months for the application and underwriting process. Jersey was very good in helping me close the loan. We had a very good experience and the follow-up was excellent. I got a chance and spoke to Richard a couple of times and he explained a lot of things to me, how we can move forward and what to expect.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I wanted to get a second house and I decided to apply for a mortgage. I was looking for somebody that would make me feel confident and my friend, Kathy, works at Jersey Mortgage Co. I applied for a conventional loan and the whole application and underwriting process took a good month. Most of the process is always complicated but we made it. The underwriting process needs to be less complicated though. They already have all the documentation but sometimes they make it too difficult to the point that I just wanna give up. But other than that, the loan officer kept good communication with us which is the most important thing.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I’ve done business before with Marcus of Jersey Mortgage. He helped me get my first property. This time, I got a VA loan, and the application process was a breeze. This whole process took four months, but there were other factors that had to do with that. Although overall, Jersey Mortgage did well, there were times where I felt like I would have to send the same document to various people that I had already sent to people working in the company.

My interaction with Marcus was good for the most part. He got the loan despite my unique situation. I already had a three-family investment, and he was able to help me get another three-family in the same town. According to Marcus, it wasn’t hard to obtain the second contract because of my good record. The rate of the mortgage could be a little lower though, but this is New Jersey.

The underwriter told me that I could call her and tell her about anything, but the one time that I called her about the paperwork that she asked for, she almost canceled my loan because I was being upfront with her about my situation. That was kinda like being two-faced. They wanted me to produce a lease for the apartment that I was living in then, and I expressed to them that it was unrealistic because, at that point, I didn’t know whether I was going to get a closing date or not. I told Denise, another rep, about my situation and she made it like she was understanding. She told me that she was gonna tell her underwriter, but I later found out that she was about to cancel my mortgage because of that.

Marcus told me what happened, that we almost lost the loan. He said I needed to find a tenant for my apartment, so we can keep the lease. I didn’t think that that was Marcus’ fault, but that situation was kinda messed up. The underwriter was telling me to confide in her, and then I confided in her. But then she did not even let me know that she was about to cancel my whole mortgage because of that. I didn’t like that.

Don’t tell somebody that, “You can call me anytime and let me know what’s going on,” when all the while you’re playing two sides of this. I would rather she told me, "This could potentially affect your mortgage. I would recommend XYZ.” Don’t tell me, “Okay, you’re good,” and then the next thing I know, my mortgage guy, Marcus, is telling me, “This is what happened because you had this phone call with her. And this is what almost happened, but we were able to talk them down.” I would rather she be honest with me and say, “If you are not able to do that, this might happen.” But she was telling me, “You’re okay, and we’re gonna work it out.” She could’ve told me that I just needed to find somebody and then I would have figured it out. I did figure it out and I did find somebody. Jersey Mortgage got me the loan, but everybody can learn from the little personal stuff, moving forward. Still, I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Steve, the Jersey loan officer, was really nice and I felt comfortable with him. He made obtaining my mortgage a nice experience. Jersey also gave me a better rate than the competitor, so I went with them. Everything was clear. Steve answered any questions I had right away or texted me right away. He was cool throughout the whole process. It was my first time buying and I thought the rates were at 4%, but Jersey gave me a fair rate. The competitor wanted to give me around 5.585, but Jersey came down to 5.2. We closed in 26 days.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you Christian for the nice review - we will be sure to share it with Steve and his team at JMC

Congratulations on the closing of your home loan

Pete Kenny