4.68/5
Based on 118 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

316 Jersey Mortgage Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by someone who had a good experience with the company so I decided to apply for a loan for my relocation. My rep was very concerned and professional about the job that he was doing. Also, I'm fine with the rate I got. Jersey did whatever it is for me to get that rate. If I come across anybody who thinks they want to relocate, build or rent, I would give a high rating to Jersey Mortgage and recommend them. Overall I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have refinanced a sizeable 100% home equity loan credit and because of the change in the tax laws, the interest is not going to be tax deductible anymore. The fact that interests are moving rapidly, I said, "It's time to go into a traditional mortgage." It's been a while since I've been with a lending provider and I know that somebody in my neighborhood kind of knows a number of mortgages. Since I tried to do it with my bank initially, they were very restrictive, I said, "You know what? I need somebody who would like to get to know me personally and get to know my situation," and somebody made a recommendation for Jersey Mortgage. I said, "Okay. I'll give it a try."

I was given a name and called the person. I said, "Here's what my current loan is and I want to refinance. I want to be able to do this and that." I was in the business, I was not a mortgage broker but mortgage was my toy. I knew exactly what they would need from me, so even before I made that phone call, I already had a ready financial information package provided. From there it was just a matter of them presenting some options and I gave some guidelines by saying that I don't want to pay any claims. "I want this to be a no escrow loan. I'd like to be able to cash out." The loan officer was very nice. Everything was over the phone and over the email. She asked me to fill up an application form and give some information. When I gave it to her that same evening, she said, "Oh, wow. I wish everybody would be like you."

It was an easy conversation and she would just call me up and ask me like, "Well, you put this in your summary, what does that mean? Or you sent me an email or try to get clarification." I made sure I was responding pretty quickly. Initially, I was trying to get interest-only cash-out and I explored that. Jersey Mortgage was very responsive. They understood my needs, tried to come up with solutions for what my needs are, and at the same time took a challenge of the fact that I was giving them the information even before they were asking for it and they respected that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Applying for an FHA on our house with Jersey Mortgage was easy and straightforward. They asked me a series of questions and documentation. I gave them the documentation then everything was good to go. I was buying a short sale though, so there were delays on my end. I put an offer on multiple houses and I lost multiple houses but Jersey Mortgage was very patient. They had to keep rewriting and they were very efficient when I needed to have the pre-approval letter. They didn’t lose documentation and they didn’t repeatedly ask me the same questions over and over. It was very organized and concise. Plus, the people were very friendly. It was A-plus service.

The loan officer was able to walk me through the overall process. He was effective and he went above and beyond with regards to explaining the difference between an FHA and a traditional conventional mortgage. He gave me scenarios on how much it would cost upfront so that I would know what my monthly payment would be. Jersey Mortgage was knowledgeable about the interest rates and what I needed to do to make sure that I got the lowest interest rate possible for me. They also helped me with my credit. They gave me people that I could work with to do credit repair if I needed to do credit repair. They were very helpful throughout the entire process. In the long run, I know that I’m going to end up remortgaging the home because I’m in an FHA and I would definitely go back to Jersey Mortgage to do the refinancing. It was one of the better experiences that I’ve had in trying to buy something so large.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The whole mortgage process with Jersey Mortgage was horrible and I wish I would have chosen other lenders. The loan officer was a complete liar. There was a statement that I was CC’d on to that he forgot about, and he basically was telling me in the email to go screw myself. He thought he was just responding to the loan processor but he was mistaken. Also, the rate was all right, but it was supposed to be lower and I ended up having to pay for things I was promised I wasn’t going to pay for. The loan officer’s manager jerked me around for seven months to close a simple refinance, and he had me pay for three appraisals, an FHA, a conventional and a VA. They said they had meetings on Saturday, and that this was the best way to go. They were trying to cover the tracks and you’re always the biggest problem for them.

There were three different processors that handled my stuff, and finally, they got one that was decent and that was the only one who helped and handled the file at the end. The application and underwriting process took eight months overall. Jersey Mortgage should fire their LO and get people that are knowledgeable and that actually would work with the customer and not against the customer and not lie.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was a first-time home buyer and I shopped around. Jersey Mortgage was recommended, and when I spoke with them, I liked them the best because they gave me a lot of information. I filled out an application, they got me pre-approval, told me what I needed for the approval, and I was satisfied with the rates and terms. They were very responsive and helpful, and they kept me up-to-date. They were always there when I called, and they made sure I understood everything. They made me feel comfortable about everything that I was going through and doing. The process took about two months from start to finish. I would definitely use Jersey Mortgage again in the future and I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was referred to me by a couple of people. The process was pretty quick and their reps were really on top of the game with everything. The loan officer I dealt with was awesome and we got everything done pretty quick. Also, the application process was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be more intense than what it was, but I was actually happy with the way things went. I also got a bunch of phone calls every time things were changing and happening. Although I’m not too happy about the rate, I think I did well considering my credit. I’ve dealt with probably four people in the whole process and they all worked very well. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage to somebody else, and tell them to deal with the person I dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My loan officer, Marcus, recommended Jersey Mortgage. He always answered the phone every time I called him and explained everything to me as much as he could. I put all my trust on him. Everything about the process of obtaining my mortgage was perfect. My rate was at 4.5 and he said that it was the rate I could get at the moment, but I was hoping to get a lower rate. Other than that, Jersey Mortgage is a great company and their customer service is good. They tried to help me as much as they could and I have the house that I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Jersey Mortgage had a better deal than what I was going with Sun West. When I was getting the mortgage, John was amazing. He reached out to me, we were talking, and then from there, he started the ball rolling. He was telling us about the interest and all that good stuff. Anytime I needed him or if I had a question, he was always right at my fingertips. The application took time but it was not anything hard. The team did an amazing job. They are the best, and they are very accommodating and they get things done.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We bought a new house and we got a mortgage from Jersey Mortgage. Our rep, Brian has been great and we were comfortable with him. He walked us through everything and answered all of our questions, which were all basic since we were first time home buyers, even if we call at 8:00 pm. He also texted us. He was great in communicating and we're glad that we worked with him. Jersey Mortgage provided us with all of the options that we needed to successfully bring everything to the table. We went through a clean and easy process with them. We found a home then we worked with our lawyer. The process took less than a week. Everything has been great and we definitely will recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My father owns most of the properties and getting a mortgage was the initial plan. I started off with the bank because I was doing a finance activity but then I met with Cathy initially to give her my information and she was great. She did in a few hours what one guy did in a month so I was really convinced. Then my fianceé and I met with her and it was just so comfortable. It was like I knew her already. She explained to us the numbers and how we could do it. Our situation with the house and equity and my father’s issues were a little tricky but she said she would do what she could and was really helpful.

The rate was great too and I know that they go off with what's out there in the market. I'm excited. I don’t think we would have gotten the houses the way we did if it was anybody else which is huge. I had been extremely happy. I think everybody should go to Cathy. I even found out that a couple of guys at my job got a house because of her, and so did my uncle. I was surprised. She's really helping everybody out.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hello Elder - what a superb review of Cathy ** and her team at Jersey Mortgage - we are so pleased to hear about your experience!! We wish you the best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We were looking to buy a house and Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to us by our realtor. They walked us through everything step by step and explained all the steps to us and the entire process. Whatever problem or potential issue was coming up, they gave us a heads up about it. They walked us through pitfalls to avoid. The process was pretty painless and straightforward. It just took a couple of days. The loan officers were just very professional, to the point and respectful of everybody’s time so that was appreciated. I was very comfortable working with them. Also, the rate that I got was fair.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hello Roxanadra - Thank you for writing such a nice review of Jersey Mortgage!! Wishing you the best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We were doing a large addition to the house, so we needed to refinance for a construction loan. Jersey Mortgage is local and they're very good. They get back to you right away. We’ve used them for our original mortgage, and we found that they’re the best. We had to re-submit everything as we did for our original mortgage, and it was quite a few requirements needed. We were able to do all of that via email. The closing agent came to our house so that was very convenient.

We worked with Bryan and Paulina, and they were very good. They got back to us right away, usually in a few hours. It would never go past a day, so that was good. They were very honest and open with us, and there were no surprises. They expedited the process and only asked us for what they needed. I felt like they were for my benefit and they were there to help me out, and it wasn't for any other’s gain. We were able to turn around to them very fast because my wife and I are very email-oriented. It was a little easier the first time, but it was tricky, because I’m self-employed, and there were a couple of additional things required, but nothing out of the norm.

They could have a one-time checklist though. It’s tough because the requirements change a lot as they go. When they hand it off to their underwriter or when they sell the loan to someone else, some things change. The rate and terms were not the best because of the type of mortgage that I did. I did a home-style mortgage and there’s not much control over those rates. But I’ve recommended Jersey Mortgage to a lot of people. They’re probably the most streamlined. It's the easiest way to get a mortgage with people that you trust, which is hard to come by.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you Eric for your kind words about Brian Lavan and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company. We are pleased that the service and product were a fit for your project. Best of luck on the addition!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I relocated here and I was buying a house. My realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to the loan officer and she sent me an application. I filled it out and I faxed it back. She reviewed it and she started asking me for financial documents from prior years' statements, earning statements, employment verification, everything that's required for a mortgage. We would correspond through email and she would call me. She called me a lot just because I was out-of-state and then I was new to the state. She followed up with me frequently on the telephone. Anything that she needed, she would put into an email so I can make reference back to what I needed.

She's very helpful and I was impressed with her genuine care for what I really needed. I really felt like she took the best interest of putting me in a home that I would be able to financially afford. She's very diligent, very easy to work with, and did great follow up. The application process was a lot shorter than normal. It started October 20th and then I signed on December 11th.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I know somebody who used to work for Jersey Mortgage. He put me in touch with the person who he suggested I work with. I contacted them, they contacted me back right away and we communicated on a regular basis. I tried LendingTree and I spoke to a lot of different companies that were really aggressive but I didn’t get that from Brian, my loan officer, at all. So, I dropped everybody that contacted me through that website and went with Jersey Mortgage. What really impressed me was Brian's responsiveness, how quickly he got back to me and how easy it was. He explained what was going to happen next and who else would be involved in the process. And then, leading up to and even after the closing, he had been in touch and had communicated well.

They got me the best possible rates for my refinance and explained to me the different options were available for me. Everything was done through email and quick phone calls. Within a few weeks, because we had to get some appraisal work done, everything was wrapped up. It would have been done faster but I had to get some railings put on our stoop in the house which took us some time to pick out. But it was great overall. Everything was really smooth and quick.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Everything went fine With Jersey Mortgage. The preapproval was fast and the whole process took nine months because the construction started in January and finished in December. The Jersey Mortgage reps were very nice, polite and professional. We talked with the manager first and then with different persons between the status of the loan. The loan officer always tried to help me. If he saw something that is not right, he would offer me a note in a nice way, which impressed me. I didn’t receive the first payment that I have to do, but it was accurate. I feel good working with Jersey Mortgage and I have recommended them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Juan for writing a nice review of Jersey Mortgage Company. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the team members at JMC that assisted you during your road to homeownership.

Best of luck in the new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was buying my first home and I knew somebody who worked with Jersey Mortgage previously and they were highly recommended, so I went with them. The process of obtaining my mortgage was pretty straightforward. A lot of information needed to be provided but it wasn’t too bad. It was detailed and they made it pretty clear. I talked with their rep, Kimberly, over email a lot and any information that was needed was requested and provided pretty quickly. A few times, the response was within the hour and even on a weekend, it was fairly quick. From the start of the application, it was about a two month period in terms of getting both sides to get all the paperwork together. It was a pretty easy and smooth process. We’d recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Matthew and congratulations on the closing of your first home, It means a tremendous amount to the team members at Jersey Mortgage Company to assist first time home buyers so thank you for the trust and confidence.

We wish you awesome success in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I’m extremely happy and thankful that Jersey Mortgage heard my need to close on a property as soon as possible. I wanted to buy a house and I was referred to them by a friend. We closed on the mortgage in under 30 days and that was very remarkable. The ladies over there were really efficient. The lending process was very difficult, it was the end of the year for them so they had a lot of loans to close, but I did a lot of follow-ups. I was very pushy because we were on a time crunch to close this property. Cathy, our loan officer, did an excellent job. She was always available and working on our behalf. She’s got great work ethic and was able to see ahead as to what additional requirements the underwriting department would have. So, we’d have the additional requirement ready for them one day after.

The loan originator, though, wasn’t very technology savvy. They were not able to send the documents so that we could sign them electronically and that created a seven-day delay in the loan. But we did it at the very last day I had so I was able to take the property. It was a little challenging but we got through everything. Jersey Mortgage did an awesome job and I’m very satisfied with them. Plus, the rate on the mortgage is competitive.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Ernesto for taking the time to write a nice review of Cathy Fernandes and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company.

We've also recently upgraded our technology platform to allow for electronic signatures so your point about that is an excellent one as well.

Best of luck to your in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I would like to take this time to tell you that I am Grateful for all the things you have done to get this refinance completed. I thank you for your patience with me, I know it wasn’t easy but you delivered as you promised. I want to thank you and your awesome team for helping to change my life. I will recommend you to all I know, and if in the future I need another re-finance or loan, you will be my first call. Thank you again and I wish you, your family and team a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Peggie for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are very pleased everything with your refinance went smoothly

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The Jersey Mortgage team walked us through everything step-by-step. We could call them at any time, and they answered our questions and helped us with what paperwork or any type of requirements we need to send them. They did a very good job of explaining the different types of mortgages we're capable of and they explain which one they felt was the best fit for us and our needs. They're very professional, and everything was very good.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Keith for writing a nice review of Jersey Mortgage Company. It can sometimes be a complicated process and we are pleased that we were able to explain it clearly and concisely. We wish you the best of luck!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was familiar to me and they were able to close quickly. When I signed up, they asked a lot about me and they sent me documents to sign electronically, which I sent back. Some of them wanted hard copies, so I printed those and sent them back. And they did the rest of the process. I always felt good about working with the Jersey Mortgage team. They always explained any instructions they had and they always called me back. I can get them through text or email, too. They're great communicators and even at the last minute I called when I had questions, they answered. Their customer service level was very good.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My loan officer Gina was great. She was there throughout and helped me with the whole process. She was all the time texting. Sometimes there's a lot of paperwork involved and they're asking for a lot of stuff but then they find solutions if you can't provide that paperwork. They're very professional plus they know what they're doing and I like that. Jersey Mortgage was really a good mortgage company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I was looking for a mortgage and someone referred me to Jersey Mortgage. The Jersey representative was very nice and she was willing to help me. And also, all the people that were helping me were very good and worked with my schedule. When they need something, they would patiently ask me and I'd bring it. They're on time, and our connection is good. They are very professional with me, so I would refer anyone to them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Jersey Mortgage had good customer service. Everyone was helpful and they explained stuff in an easy way. The guidance I received was straightforward. If I had a question, they were quick in their response. If I would be at home late night, they will respond right away. But even though they were clear, they should try to make the instruction clearer. In the package that they provide to the customers, they have to make sure it would be the proper breakdown because that’s where I got frustrated. I sent them two to three emails, “Can you tell me how much closing cost would be?” and I had to chase them for that. They have to provide a proper breakdown of the numbers. Other than that, everything else is good.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My realtor said Jersey Mortgage was user-friendly. I can call them and they don’t get upset. They talk to me, but they break it down to elementary terms, which I needed because it was my first time to have a purchase. They answered my questions because I didn’t know a lot of things and everyone’s understanding of it. The brokers I dealt with were very nice, helpful, kind and patient. Even though sometimes I fell short at a certain timeline, they called and reminded me and I appreciated that. My experience was extremely positive and if anybody that’s buying a house asks me, I’m going to direct them to Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was buying a home and I contacted Jersey Mortgage because my real estate agent recommended them. They were very nice and our interactions were great. The guidance I received was good and I didn’t know too much so they and my real estate agent helped me a lot. Jersey Mortgage is the best.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I choose this company because I needed a rehab loan, I had to make an offer on a house that came out as an opportunity, they would not give me an interest rate because they needed to add the repairs to the loan, after all was in they gave me a high rate, not only that. But they increased it 5 days before closing, their excuse was. Rate wasn't locked in... Plus their commitments for closing are ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Brian, did an amazing job. He was professional, courteous and responded to every phone call. His support was excellent. I closed my home inside of 30 days. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage to all of my friends and family. Brian is an asset to your company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The Jersey Mortgage team was polite and very helpful during the process, which took four months to complete. And it was a smooth transition for the most part since the team was great. I wished that I was able to come less out of my pocket in my first down payment but it would have something to do with negotiations between the realtor. But other than that, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was fairly good.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was very good. Being self-employed, banks do not want to talk to me so I didn't even look for another provider. When we met with Cathy over there, she was very nice. She and her assistant Bianca worked well with us and they were very responsive. Then as we got further down the road, I had to fax all the pay stubs. I spoke to another rep and she was really fun to talk to. They were all very, very nice. I was really pleased with them and I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’m a first time homebuyer and with Jersey Mortgage's low cost, I contacted them. Also, I searched it online and there were adequate reviews from the previous clients. We had an initial consultation and then from that point on, we had an ongoing conversation back and forth with the broker. Jersey Mortgage provided us with good guidance. They explained everything to us and they were with us through the whole four-month process, and we secured our mortgage about two months ago. Sarah, the mortgage officer, was very friendly and if I had any questions, she called back right away and explained things to us. We’re first timers, and they made us feel comfortable. Everything was in house and it made the process smoother. Overall, our experience has been simple.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information

www.jerseymortgage.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use