4.68/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 23, 2018

330 Jersey Mortgage Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

Jersey Mortgage gets things done. We are doing investments in the Jersey City area and we looked into a mortgage. We have worked with Jersey Mortgage in the past and the experience has been great. Chris, our loan officer, helped us with a lot of our other investment mortgages. He’s very good in communication. You call him and he would pick it up. I can text and e-mail him, and he’s very responsive. I’ve worked with him for five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable working with him.

We are pretty familiar with the process of obtaining mortgage. I know what documents usually the mortgage company would need. We usually have them ready. I would talk to Chris saying these are the products we’re looking for and ask what kind of rates is available. If we’re good with the rates or like the rates, then we just go ahead. Then I would send over all the documents. Chris would review them and let us know.

The application process was very good. We got delayed but it was on our side. But usually the application and underwriting take within 45 days. It’s much better and improved really well over the past. It’s electronic now. You can sign online paperwork so it’s great. Before, there was a lot of mailing documents and then you have to sign the document in the back. But I would recommend that rates be locked for a longer period of time, like 60 or 90 days, and they should be very clear about it. Maybe that would help. Earlier, we would discuss some rate but then it would change after a while.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by a real estate agent. I got a commercial loan, so it's a little bit higher, but with what I was told by others, Jersey's rate was good. And I believe if I was with somebody else, I couldn’t do it and I would not have gotten a mortgage. The application process was nice and smooth, and I didn’t have to worry about everything. Whatever paperwork they needed, I supplied and they took care of everything else. I worked with Denise and Sharon, and they knew what they were doing. I had no clue about the whole process, and they gave me good guidance. It wasn’t fast, but my case was very challenging so they did well. They're very professional and they went through it with no issues. I had a great experience and I'm very happy, and if I have to, I'm going to use Jersey Mortgage again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was looking into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase and I wanted to first see what would be in my price range. So, I went to the bank, got preapproved and then I shopped around. I asked a lot of friends and family who have used different lenders and my real estate agent recommended Jersey Mortgage. I contacted them and they were super friendly and had the lowest rate. They were the most helpful when it came to walking me through the mortgage process. They explained what each document was needed for and why I was throwing out certain documents. The application process was definitely straightforward and super easy to follow.

From start to finish, the application and underwriting process took two months. The loan officer was super friendly and super courteous. She explained every document that I was going to be signing and why I was signing it. Overall, she made it a very pleasurable experience. The rate was very competitive and there wasn’t any surprise fees that came up in the process either.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I decided to purchase a property and my realtor who’s a long-time friend of the family recommended Jersey Mortgage. I did a conventional loan with them. And the rate and terms were fair and accurate. I submitted various information, my annual taxes, employment, Social Security number, date of birth, current employment status, and current salary. Our mortgage rep came up with a loan amount and then I bought out a property.

Our rep was very informative and helpful, and he answered any questions that I had and confusions that I came across. He was really good about breaking things down for me. Additionally, it was a two-year process and he would call frequently to check and see where I was in the process of purchasing a home if I came up with anything. He would also update my loan approval if and whenever my salary would change. I’ve already made a recommendation to a friend of mine. I gave her the direct number to my mortgage rep and told her how informative he is.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We were renting a house and it has been very expensive so I thought I'd rather pay a mortgage than continue to pay someone else. Our real estate agent then referred us to Jersey Mortgage and their process was quick and painless. Everything was well explained and I didn’t feel left out of the process at all. A lot of the application process was online. They wanted a lot of information and I was able to send those electronically. They looked into our credit and income and they told us that there were a few things that we needed to address on our credit report.

They then referred us to somebody to help us clean up our credit report. That process was quick and painless, too, and after that, it was a matter of finding the right loan. We were pre-approved within a month. They were also very clear about closing costs. And the surprises came from switching from a VA loan to an FHA. Seven days before the closing day, we found out I wasn’t getting a VA loan because the I way I was discharged from the military prevents me from getting a loan. So, we had to start the FHA loan process which was almost starting over again. And it could’ve gone really bad but it went well.

Our loan officer was amazing. This has been the biggest purchase I've made and my wife and I were guardedly optimistic through the entire process because we were worried and she walked us through the entire process and showed us that things were possible. She was good at getting back to me when I texted or emailed. Even when things got a little tight between switching loans, she was very clear about getting back to me. When she didn't have an answer she'd tell me that she didn't have an answer and then she would give me when she'd get back to me. It made us feel very comfortable because she was very responsive. They also gave us an app called The Mortgage Coach so that we were able to look how everything was. The whole process took 90 days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: March 23, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended by a friend. I was going for a mortgage with a prior company but they were jerking me around. I had all the paperwork and all the qualifications and then I went to Jersey and got the mortgage. The application was simple and quick, and I felt comfortable working with Randy, my loan officer. The rates and terms of the mortgage were good. Overall, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was perfect and they were very professional.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got a regular mortgage from Jersey. They were recommended by a real estate agent. My loan officer was pleasant, and the rate was okay. I was hoping for it to be lower but it wasn’t a big issue. And the prime at that time was a 4.2 or 5. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I’ve had a home prior to moving. I moved to Pennsylvania and purchased a home and I moved back to New Jersey. So I wasn’t planning on renting for so long. Marcus, from Jersey Mortgage, was referred to me by my sister who used him on two of her prior home purchases. So I had reached out to him and I said, “Before I go to the whole home loan process are you able to assist me to see if I’m even qualified?” And he was happy to do so. The credit report came back and he was like, “Okay. Well, this is what you should do.” He walked me through how to actually improve my credit score before we actually moved forward so that I would get the best rate.

I had his cell phone and it didn’t matter what time of the day or if it's a weekend, I would call or text him. He immediately either answered the phone or responded back via text. I felt extremely comfortable. I would refer Marcus to anyone. He was probably the most patient person in the whole process. I even asked questions that weren’t related to loans, not related to the home and he was able to provide me guidance there as well, being a homeowner in New Jersey. So because I only owned a home at PA and a lot of things were different he was able to give me some information and if he didn’t have the information he would look it up and send it to me or provide me with someone else to call that would be able to help me.

Also Marcus was very objective. He’s very fair and he’ll tell you, “Maybe now isn’t a great time,” or “Yeah. Sure, jump in and go for it.” He always gives the pros and cons of everything. He doesn’t push you to do something that he doesn’t really think that you might be ready for. He’s very honest. I got a FHA loan and the process was very simple and they were very hands-on so I didn’t really have to do much during the initial application. It was just a very smooth process. It was actually a lot smoother than my first mortgage. As long as you can read and follow directions, you should have no problems navigating through what’s needed and then if you have any questions they have a whole team assigned to you. So you can always get someone regardless of the time of the day, which is amazing.

The negotiation part was what held some things up for a little while. But it wasn’t even long because they have a process where they ask you everything upfront. You provide the information and then once the deal is actually sealed with the sellers of the home, it just takes off from there because all the docs were lined up, just waiting to push the button out. It was just a couple of times where if they asked for a document, someone else would ask the same document. And I’m like, “Well, I already gave it.“ And they’re like, “Oh, okay.” was wonderful. Also I’ve been watching the market and doing my research and I definitely got a fair rate.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I needed to pay some bills. I went to Jersey Mortgage for a refinance and I had a great experience. The girl who worked there, Sarah, was really nice and I and she were able to work together and got things done. The whole process took about two months from start to finish, and everything went smoothly except for a couple of things. I had to come up with some more paperwork, too, but everything that Sarah told me ended up to be true.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We were tired of renting and we were looking into a mortgage. We were looking at all pros and cons and Jersey Mortgage fits into our financials. The process was easy and it took less than 45 days. And Nicole, our loan officer, walked us through every step of the way and then we signed our lives away. I was really comfortable with her. She would talk to us like she was a friend but she has the knowledge to handle the situation. So she was pretty cool. It was a stressful experience and you need somebody to help you through it and getting a loan officer is the best. And we also thought the rates were going to be lower but it was what it was.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I was looking for a house which was an investment property and Jersey Mortgage was recommended by my realty agent. I met with Richard who guided me through the whole process and was always on the phone with me. He was available whenever I needed any help or had any questions. There wasn’t really anything major that I had to do. He would always say that I should do the best for me and that I should not worry about anything else. Lending Tree has a bit lower rate but that was a teaser rate. It would have probably gone up once the application was done. Jersey Mortgage's rate was rather competitive.

The process was simple. We went to the office and there was a good amount of paperwork to be filled out but it wasn’t anything painful. It was done within an hour or so. The whole application process took about 45 days. It was quick. However, after the underwriting process, there's a lot of email communications but not enough follow-ups. And sometimes the emails are sent from like bots so they get flagged as spam on my filter. So if nobody follows up, it's difficult to keep track of all these little things you have to sign and do. But once I follow up, they were very good about always returning and picking up my calls, if possible. I had a very positive experience with Jersey Mortgage, it was hassle-free. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I looked into the mortgage as I was buying a new home. I like the girls that I talked to so I went with Jersey Mortgage. Emily was very nice, and so was Kim. I went with their FHA loan program. Their application process was fine. Emily and Kim were very pleasant, answered any of the questions that I asked and guided me on what to do and what to present. Emily did a credit check and told me to send all the different documents to verify and I did. And then, they said I had the mortgage. The whole process took a couple months. However, Jersey Mortgage sold my loan to another company, Pacific Financial. And, the rates could have been better. At that time I thought it was 3.75 but it ended up being 4.25. Nevertheless, I would recommend them.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was buying out my husband because of the divorce. My lawyer suggested a loan officer named Scott from Jersey Mortgage. I dealt with him through the phone, texts and through emails mostly. I was impressed by his knowledge and kindness. It was one-stop shopping. I didn’t have to get a lawyer to do the title search, he did all that. The title search was great as well as making sure that the title was put into my name. The underwriting process took between 30 to 40 days. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage and Scott in particular. Their people were very good, very knowledgeable and honest.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Jersey Mortgage worked with me really well. I was referred to them by someone I knew who worked with them in the past. I reached out to them then my loan officer, Randy, and I had our initial talk about what my goals were. Then, he told me about the products that they offered and gave me a good estimate of how much money I needed, what was feasible and what wasn’t. He told me that what he suggested might be the best route then I made a decision from there. He walked me through the whole process and did their qualifications while I went out and looked for a home.

Then, we moved on from his section and went to the underwriting. The rep I had for that section was Laura and everything went well there as well. The transition phase and the turnaround time were good and I always want the rate to be better, but it was good, too. I was able to get the 3.5 down and I got what I wanted. The actual rate ended up going up because they had to push back the closing date but my rep was able to relock my rate. So it worked out for me.

I liked how Jersey Mortgage followed-up and that they communicated well. Anytime I had to CC them on emails with my realtor and a couple of other people, it worked out and they were able to follow up. Sometimes, there were some issues on my end as far as getting the documentation from the sellers and employees but they followed up. Also, if I ever reach out to somebody, I would usually be contacted within the hour. The only thing is, right now, I’m trying to figure out who I should pay my mortgage to. It's due on March 1st and I'm waiting to get the documentation on where I would I make the payment.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by someone who had a good experience with the company so I decided to apply for a loan for my relocation. My rep was very concerned and professional about the job that he was doing. Also, I'm fine with the rate I got. Jersey did whatever it is for me to get that rate. If I come across anybody who thinks they want to relocate, build or rent, I would give a high rating to Jersey Mortgage and recommend them. Overall I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have refinanced a sizeable 100% home equity loan credit and because of the change in the tax laws, the interest is not going to be tax deductible anymore. The fact that interests are moving rapidly, I said, "It's time to go into a traditional mortgage." It's been a while since I've been with a lending provider and I know that somebody in my neighborhood kind of knows a number of mortgages. Since I tried to do it with my bank initially, they were very restrictive, I said, "You know what? I need somebody who would like to get to know me personally and get to know my situation," and somebody made a recommendation for Jersey Mortgage. I said, "Okay. I'll give it a try."

I was given a name and called the person. I said, "Here's what my current loan is and I want to refinance. I want to be able to do this and that." I was in the business, I was not a mortgage broker but mortgage was my toy. I knew exactly what they would need from me, so even before I made that phone call, I already had a ready financial information package provided. From there it was just a matter of them presenting some options and I gave some guidelines by saying that I don't want to pay any claims. "I want this to be a no escrow loan. I'd like to be able to cash out." The loan officer was very nice. Everything was over the phone and over the email. She asked me to fill up an application form and give some information. When I gave it to her that same evening, she said, "Oh, wow. I wish everybody would be like you."

It was an easy conversation and she would just call me up and ask me like, "Well, you put this in your summary, what does that mean? Or you sent me an email or try to get clarification." I made sure I was responding pretty quickly. Initially, I was trying to get interest-only cash-out and I explored that. Jersey Mortgage was very responsive. They understood my needs, tried to come up with solutions for what my needs are, and at the same time took a challenge of the fact that I was giving them the information even before they were asking for it and they respected that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Applying for an FHA on our house with Jersey Mortgage was easy and straightforward. They asked me a series of questions and documentation. I gave them the documentation then everything was good to go. I was buying a short sale though, so there were delays on my end. I put an offer on multiple houses and I lost multiple houses but Jersey Mortgage was very patient. They had to keep rewriting and they were very efficient when I needed to have the pre-approval letter. They didn’t lose documentation and they didn’t repeatedly ask me the same questions over and over. It was very organized and concise. Plus, the people were very friendly. It was A-plus service.

The loan officer was able to walk me through the overall process. He was effective and he went above and beyond with regards to explaining the difference between an FHA and a traditional conventional mortgage. He gave me scenarios on how much it would cost upfront so that I would know what my monthly payment would be. Jersey Mortgage was knowledgeable about the interest rates and what I needed to do to make sure that I got the lowest interest rate possible for me. They also helped me with my credit. They gave me people that I could work with to do credit repair if I needed to do credit repair. They were very helpful throughout the entire process. In the long run, I know that I’m going to end up remortgaging the home because I’m in an FHA and I would definitely go back to Jersey Mortgage to do the refinancing. It was one of the better experiences that I’ve had in trying to buy something so large.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The whole mortgage process with Jersey Mortgage was horrible and I wish I would have chosen other lenders. The loan officer was a complete liar. There was a statement that I was CC’d on to that he forgot about, and he basically was telling me in the email to go screw myself. He thought he was just responding to the loan processor but he was mistaken. Also, the rate was all right, but it was supposed to be lower and I ended up having to pay for things I was promised I wasn’t going to pay for. The loan officer’s manager jerked me around for seven months to close a simple refinance, and he had me pay for three appraisals, an FHA, a conventional and a VA. They said they had meetings on Saturday, and that this was the best way to go. They were trying to cover the tracks and you’re always the biggest problem for them.

There were three different processors that handled my stuff, and finally, they got one that was decent and that was the only one who helped and handled the file at the end. The application and underwriting process took eight months overall. Jersey Mortgage should fire their LO and get people that are knowledgeable and that actually would work with the customer and not against the customer and not lie.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I was a first-time home buyer and I shopped around. Jersey Mortgage was recommended, and when I spoke with them, I liked them the best because they gave me a lot of information. I filled out an application, they got me pre-approval, told me what I needed for the approval, and I was satisfied with the rates and terms. They were very responsive and helpful, and they kept me up-to-date. They were always there when I called, and they made sure I understood everything. They made me feel comfortable about everything that I was going through and doing. The process took about two months from start to finish. I would definitely use Jersey Mortgage again in the future and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was referred to me by a couple of people. The process was pretty quick and their reps were really on top of the game with everything. The loan officer I dealt with was awesome and we got everything done pretty quick. Also, the application process was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be more intense than what it was, but I was actually happy with the way things went. I also got a bunch of phone calls every time things were changing and happening. Although I’m not too happy about the rate, I think I did well considering my credit. I’ve dealt with probably four people in the whole process and they all worked very well. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage to somebody else, and tell them to deal with the person I dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

My loan officer, Marcus, recommended Jersey Mortgage. He always answered the phone every time I called him and explained everything to me as much as he could. I put all my trust on him. Everything about the process of obtaining my mortgage was perfect. My rate was at 4.5 and he said that it was the rate I could get at the moment, but I was hoping to get a lower rate. Other than that, Jersey Mortgage is a great company and their customer service is good. They tried to help me as much as they could and I have the house that I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Jersey Mortgage had a better deal than what I was going with Sun West. When I was getting the mortgage, John was amazing. He reached out to me, we were talking, and then from there, he started the ball rolling. He was telling us about the interest and all that good stuff. Anytime I needed him or if I had a question, he was always right at my fingertips. The application took time but it was not anything hard. The team did an amazing job. They are the best, and they are very accommodating and they get things done.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We bought a new house and we got a mortgage from Jersey Mortgage. Our rep, Brian has been great and we were comfortable with him. He walked us through everything and answered all of our questions, which were all basic since we were first time home buyers, even if we call at 8:00 pm. He also texted us. He was great in communicating and we're glad that we worked with him. Jersey Mortgage provided us with all of the options that we needed to successfully bring everything to the table. We went through a clean and easy process with them. We found a home then we worked with our lawyer. The process took less than a week. Everything has been great and we definitely will recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My father owns most of the properties and getting a mortgage was the initial plan. I started off with the bank because I was doing a finance activity but then I met with Cathy initially to give her my information and she was great. She did in a few hours what one guy did in a month so I was really convinced. Then my fianceé and I met with her and it was just so comfortable. It was like I knew her already. She explained to us the numbers and how we could do it. Our situation with the house and equity and my father’s issues were a little tricky but she said she would do what she could and was really helpful.

The rate was great too and I know that they go off with what's out there in the market. I'm excited. I don’t think we would have gotten the houses the way we did if it was anybody else which is huge. I had been extremely happy. I think everybody should go to Cathy. I even found out that a couple of guys at my job got a house because of her, and so did my uncle. I was surprised. She's really helping everybody out.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hello Elder - what a superb review of Cathy ** and her team at Jersey Mortgage - we are so pleased to hear about your experience!! We wish you the best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We were looking to buy a house and Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to us by our realtor. They walked us through everything step by step and explained all the steps to us and the entire process. Whatever problem or potential issue was coming up, they gave us a heads up about it. They walked us through pitfalls to avoid. The process was pretty painless and straightforward. It just took a couple of days. The loan officers were just very professional, to the point and respectful of everybody’s time so that was appreciated. I was very comfortable working with them. Also, the rate that I got was fair.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hello Roxanadra - Thank you for writing such a nice review of Jersey Mortgage!! Wishing you the best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We were doing a large addition to the house, so we needed to refinance for a construction loan. Jersey Mortgage is local and they're very good. They get back to you right away. We’ve used them for our original mortgage, and we found that they’re the best. We had to re-submit everything as we did for our original mortgage, and it was quite a few requirements needed. We were able to do all of that via email. The closing agent came to our house so that was very convenient.

We worked with Bryan and Paulina, and they were very good. They got back to us right away, usually in a few hours. It would never go past a day, so that was good. They were very honest and open with us, and there were no surprises. They expedited the process and only asked us for what they needed. I felt like they were for my benefit and they were there to help me out, and it wasn't for any other’s gain. We were able to turn around to them very fast because my wife and I are very email-oriented. It was a little easier the first time, but it was tricky, because I’m self-employed, and there were a couple of additional things required, but nothing out of the norm.

They could have a one-time checklist though. It’s tough because the requirements change a lot as they go. When they hand it off to their underwriter or when they sell the loan to someone else, some things change. The rate and terms were not the best because of the type of mortgage that I did. I did a home-style mortgage and there’s not much control over those rates. But I’ve recommended Jersey Mortgage to a lot of people. They’re probably the most streamlined. It's the easiest way to get a mortgage with people that you trust, which is hard to come by.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you Eric for your kind words about Brian Lavan and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company. We are pleased that the service and product were a fit for your project. Best of luck on the addition!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I relocated here and I was buying a house. My realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to the loan officer and she sent me an application. I filled it out and I faxed it back. She reviewed it and she started asking me for financial documents from prior years' statements, earning statements, employment verification, everything that's required for a mortgage. We would correspond through email and she would call me. She called me a lot just because I was out-of-state and then I was new to the state. She followed up with me frequently on the telephone. Anything that she needed, she would put into an email so I can make reference back to what I needed.

She's very helpful and I was impressed with her genuine care for what I really needed. I really felt like she took the best interest of putting me in a home that I would be able to financially afford. She's very diligent, very easy to work with, and did great follow up. The application process was a lot shorter than normal. It started October 20th and then I signed on December 11th.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I know somebody who used to work for Jersey Mortgage. He put me in touch with the person who he suggested I work with. I contacted them, they contacted me back right away and we communicated on a regular basis. I tried LendingTree and I spoke to a lot of different companies that were really aggressive but I didn’t get that from Brian, my loan officer, at all. So, I dropped everybody that contacted me through that website and went with Jersey Mortgage. What really impressed me was Brian's responsiveness, how quickly he got back to me and how easy it was. He explained what was going to happen next and who else would be involved in the process. And then, leading up to and even after the closing, he had been in touch and had communicated well.

They got me the best possible rates for my refinance and explained to me the different options were available for me. Everything was done through email and quick phone calls. Within a few weeks, because we had to get some appraisal work done, everything was wrapped up. It would have been done faster but I had to get some railings put on our stoop in the house which took us some time to pick out. But it was great overall. Everything was really smooth and quick.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Everything went fine With Jersey Mortgage. The preapproval was fast and the whole process took nine months because the construction started in January and finished in December. The Jersey Mortgage reps were very nice, polite and professional. We talked with the manager first and then with different persons between the status of the loan. The loan officer always tried to help me. If he saw something that is not right, he would offer me a note in a nice way, which impressed me. I didn’t receive the first payment that I have to do, but it was accurate. I feel good working with Jersey Mortgage and I have recommended them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Juan for writing a nice review of Jersey Mortgage Company. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the team members at JMC that assisted you during your road to homeownership.

Best of luck in the new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I was buying my first home and I knew somebody who worked with Jersey Mortgage previously and they were highly recommended, so I went with them. The process of obtaining my mortgage was pretty straightforward. A lot of information needed to be provided but it wasn’t too bad. It was detailed and they made it pretty clear. I talked with their rep, Kimberly, over email a lot and any information that was needed was requested and provided pretty quickly. A few times, the response was within the hour and even on a weekend, it was fairly quick. From the start of the application, it was about a two month period in terms of getting both sides to get all the paperwork together. It was a pretty easy and smooth process. We’d recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Matthew and congratulations on the closing of your first home, It means a tremendous amount to the team members at Jersey Mortgage Company to assist first time home buyers so thank you for the trust and confidence.

We wish you awesome success in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage loan company services New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Connecticut. The company provides a variety of mortgage products, including VA and FHA loans as well as customized loans to meet most borrowers needs.

• In-house processing: This company processes its loans in one of its three New Jersey offices instead of outsourcing the work. This gives them greater control over their rates and fees charged than online brokers.

• Informational resources: The company's website features guides and calculators for homebuyers and people who are refinancing. These help consumers learn how much they can afford or find out how much they can save by buying instead of renting.

• Simple to start: Consumers fill out a short form online to have a loan officer contact them or set up a meeting at one of several branch locations.

• LendRIGHT Seal of Excellence: They have earned the LendRIGHT™ seal of excellence, a designation that shows they value relationships, information, guidance, honesty and trust. Only lenders who meet specific criteria can use the LendRIGHT seal.

• Assistance for first-time homebuyers: The company helps people get assistance from the state of New Jersey through the First Time Home Buyer Program.

• Best for: people who need loan customization, those who want in-person attention and first-time homebuyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information