4.63/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

292 Jersey Mortgage Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I was buying a home and I contacted Jersey Mortgage because my real estate agent recommended them. They were very nice and our interactions were great. The guidance I received was good and I didn’t know too much so they and my real estate agent helped me a lot. Jersey Mortgage is the best.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I choose this company because I needed a rehab loan, I had to make an offer on a house that came out as an opportunity, they would not give me an interest rate because they needed to add the repairs to the loan, after all was in they gave me a high rate, not only that. But they increased it 5 days before closing, their excuse was. Rate wasn't locked in... Plus their commitments for closing are ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Brian, did an amazing job. He was professional, courteous and responded to every phone call. His support was excellent. I closed my home inside of 30 days. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage to all of my friends and family. Brian is an asset to your company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The Jersey Mortgage team was polite and very helpful during the process, which took four months to complete. And it was a smooth transition for the most part since the team was great. I wished that I was able to come less out of my pocket in my first down payment but it would have something to do with negotiations between the realtor. But other than that, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was fairly good.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was very good. Being self-employed, banks do not want to talk to me so I didn't even look for another provider. When we met with Cathy over there, she was very nice. She and her assistant Bianca worked well with us and they were very responsive. Then as we got further down the road, I had to fax all the pay stubs. I spoke to another rep and she was really fun to talk to. They were all very, very nice. I was really pleased with them and I would absolutely recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’m a first time homebuyer and with Jersey Mortgage's low cost, I contacted them. Also, I searched it online and there were adequate reviews from the previous clients. We had an initial consultation and then from that point on, we had an ongoing conversation back and forth with the broker. Jersey Mortgage provided us with good guidance. They explained everything to us and they were with us through the whole four-month process, and we secured our mortgage about two months ago. Sarah, the mortgage officer, was very friendly and if I had any questions, she called back right away and explained things to us. We’re first timers, and they made us feel comfortable. Everything was in house and it made the process smoother. Overall, our experience has been simple.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I've used Jersey Mortgage previously when I bought a home and there were no issues. Now, I sold a home and purchased a new one and I've used them again. My interaction with their team was straightforward and Scott was quick to get things done. He was there if I needed something whether it was a Saturday night or a Monday morning. His level of knowledge is excellent and he has been doing it for years. I received good guidance.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Quicken Loans called me but their rep didn't give much information and he was just trying to give me a preapproved letter. I called Jersey Mortgage and talked to Gina. She gave me a breakdown of everything that needs to get done. Gina told me that because I just moved my job, she could give me a fully approved letter and that I don't have to wait six months before to look in-house. She made it easier for me. She told me I could wait three to four months then I could start to look because the process takes a long time. By the time I find a house, everything is finished. And that's what I did and it worked. She had me write a lot of letters, and she was really knowledgeable. Anytime I call her, she answers even on a Sunday. If I call her and I don't get her, she calls me right back. So, that was good. It was great working with Jersey Mortgage and I would recommend anyone to work with them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I was a first-time home buyer and we originally started with Jersey Mortgage, so as we already started with processing, we didn’t try to look elsewhere. The reps were very knowledgeable and they gave me good guidance. Some things just take a little time to do, but everything else was really acceptable.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I am a first-time buyer and I heard about Jersey Mortgage from my Realtor. I liked their rate compared to other companies’ and I had a great interaction with their team. It was quick and easy. I had no complaints. They told me everything I needed to know. Gina was very responsive. If I didn’t understand, she would send me a material. And if I had questions about rates and stuff, she would tell me different quotes. She would ask me what the other banks were offering and then, she would match it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I was paying private mortgage insurance and I wanted to get rid of that. The Jersey Mortgage representatives were awesome. They were professional and fast. They did everything that made everything convenient for me. The whole process took a month. I’ve refinanced before with other people and it takes much longer. Marcus got everything done quick. Everything he said he was going to do, he did and he was awesome. Every area, from customer service to timeliness, was great. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We were buying a new house and Jersey Mortgage got us set up with the mortgage. My wife spoke to the rep, Marcus, most of the time during the whole process. Jersey Mortgage is a good company and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Brian ** is the rep who helped us with the loan. He is pretty straightforward and very helpful during the whole process. We feel very grateful to him for his help. I would recommend him to you if you need a loan :).

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Jessie - for your kind review of Brian Lavan. We will be sure to share it with him and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company. We appreciate it very much and wish you all the best.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Quite simply, this deal would not have happened if not for Brian and his team. Brian was upfront and honest and became the one person working for the buyers in this transaction that my sellers felt complete confidence in. He was proactive with all communications, upfront about delays and worked tirelessly and above and beyond to make the closing happen. I cannot thank Brian enough. Truly one of the best Mortgage people I've worked with. I have no hesitation recommending Brian to my colleagues and will endeavor to use him again as much as possible!

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hi Deborah - thank you so much for the wonderful review of Brian Lavan. We pride ourselves on being proactive, considerate advocates for all of our clients and we are so pleased to be able to provide mortgage financing in this matter. We also appreciate your referrals as it is the backbone of our business. Thanks again

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Brian provided me with explanations and understanding throughout the entire process. It really helped to relieve some of the stress of buying a home for the first time. I would recommend JMC to anyone who asked me. It truly was a great experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you very much, Kamillah - we pride ourselves as first time home buyer specialists and are so pleased Brian was able to handle your transaction in a smooth manner. We wish you the best of luck in your new home!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Outstanding experience with Brian ** through Jersey Mortgage Co. Brian answered all questions and was available at all hours of the day. Brian helped us in buying our first dream home and for that we thank him. He will be recommended to all friends and family. Thank You!

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Kaitlyn for the kind words about Brian Lavan and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company. We will be sure to share your nice note with him. We consider it an absolute privilege to help homebuyers (especially first time homebuyers) achieve the American dream of homeownership, so we thank you for allowing us to assist you. Best of luck in your new home!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My real estate agent recommended Jersey Mortgage as well as their loan officer, Cathy. I met her in person and she was very responsive in a timely manner, very good with her customer service, and very friendly. She helped me with my questions and I like that we had a very good working relationship. She took me seriously and took the time to explain everything. She'd go over the calculations about different scenarios and I was comfortable, so I decided to stick with them. Cathy said that they would try to give me the best rate because of my good credit, and she would see what rate I could get. Then everything was laid out on the table for me.

The people at Jersey Mortgage were very detail oriented and always available through email, text or meeting in person. If Cathy took the day off, then somebody else was there to answer my questions. All of them were very diligent and confident with getting back to me. I would definitely recommend them to another home buyer since they’re not a huge company where I have to go through a lot of people to get my answer. They give one contact person and that main contact person could get all questions addressed. They were very organized and gave me a listing of what items I needed for my mortgage. Everything with the mortgage company has been very positive and they were always on top of things.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Iris for writing such a nice review of Cathy Fernandes and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company. It's always a great thing to hear back from satisfied clients and we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. Best of luck in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I worked with Brian ** from JMC and he was a pleasure to work with. Brian was very responsive and knowledgeable when I reached out to him every time. Brian was also able to recommend other people within his network that I used for my home inspection to insurance needs. He was able to provide all the information I needed in a quick manner. Using DocuSign made getting documents back to them much easier. The closing was super fast also, JMC was ready to close on time. I would do business with them again.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Congratulations on your recent home purchase closing!! We are so pleased to hear such positive comments for Brian Lavan. We will be sure to share them with Brian and his team. Best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage. We worked with Denise and she was unbelievable. She was there for us anytime we needed her which was a good thing. Everything was great and very accessible. I’m glad we made the decision to go with Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Congratulations on your recent closing, Stephen and we are so happy to hear such kind words about Denise. We will be sure to share them with her and her team. Best of luck !!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I was already dealing with AnnieMac but the mortgage was taking longer than expected. They were terrible. So I looked for another mortgage company on the internet and tried Jersey Mortgage. Their team was fast and everything was clearly discussed. I don’t have any complaints. However, the only thing that could be a major deterrent is the amount of information needed during the underwriting process. I wrote a lot of explanation letters – even up until the last week of my closing. I'd rather send all the information at one time rather than sending them piece-by-piece. It’s frustrating to do, especially for somebody that’s not determined. But I would still recommend Jersey Mortgage. The people I was personally in touch with were pretty good. I felt confident. So, I'm going to use them again.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Bryant for taking the time to write a nice review - We will be sure to share it with Chris and his team - we also appreciate your noting some of the pain in the mortgage process - we strive to provide a seamless transition and we will use comments like yours to improve the way we handle transactions, so thank you for that!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I was dealing with a broker from another company and I didn’t find them to be very trustworthy or forthcoming with the important details of my loans. So, I was looking for another broker. I was referred to Jersey Mortgage by my real estate agent. Bruce, the loan officer, was very knowledgeable and explained everything to me in great detail. He was very responsive to my emails and texts, and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I did a lot of my own research so I had a lot of knowledge prior to going into this experience and everything that he said confirmed my research. We had a little problem with closing though, but he made this experience great. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t go with Jersey Mortgage. I didn’t think getting a mortgage is an exciting experience for anyone, but this was as good as one could hope for. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Mariya for the nice review - we will be sure to share it with Bruce and his team!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They were fast and accurate. They made things very convenient for me and we're always there to answer questions. They even gave me their cell phone numbers in case I have any questions. All my documents were signed by DocuSign which is great as well as doing things by email. They were courteous and respectful. I had a great experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Sharon - appreciate reading your nice review. We will share it with Brian and his team as it goes a long way to know that good folks like you appreciate their time and effort in helping you - Wishing you the best!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I heard about Jersey Mortgage through the real estate agent. I went with them because Denise, the agent who they did regular work with, was amazing and did a great job in keeping me updated. We had to extend a few times so, it was a difficult and long process. If it wasn’t for her, I would not be in my home right now, and I would’ve to hold out a long time ago.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Cindy for taking the time to write such a nice review of Denise and her team at Jersey Mortgage. We wish you the best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

This is my second time dealing with Jersey Mortgage and Mr. Brian **. Mr. ** took the time to personally ensure that I got the best deal and rates possible. All of their staff were extremely professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. They ensured the entire process went smoothly unlike other mortgage companies. I highly recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Sherif for the kind words about Brian and his team. We will be sure to share those words with his team - we wish you the absolute best!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

When I was buying a new home and I needed a mortgage, I contacted Jersey Mortgage which was recommended by a friend. The team was on top of their game. They were good, prepared and well-rounded. I received excellent guidance from them and they were thorough in going over everything. They listed out all the options and the pricing pattern and what will be the different variables to take into consideration. It was a surprisingly pleasant experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thanks, Joseph for the great review - We will be sure to share it with Maggie and her team!!

Best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

A friend bought a house and he recommended me to Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to their rep and I thought it was good. Their team was very knowledgeable and professional as well. They bring hope for me in buying a new house. So far, I have no complaints and I had a pretty good experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Another nice review for the JMC team!! Thanks,Yefry for taking the time to submit it - we appreciate it

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Jersey Mortgage made things happen for me. I needed to find a home so that my kids can get in school by September so I was up against time. I spoke with my realtor and he gave me a couple of mortgage companies. I was looking for a quick service and a good rate. Since my realtor already had experience with Jersey Mortgage and he had good things to say about them, I went along with that. And I am very pleased with the excellent interaction I had with Jersey Mortgage. They were prompt and ready to listen at any moment in time. They were also very straightforward as far as what mortgage options are available. They responded to what I needed and addressed my concerns. My experience with Jersey Mortgage was very pleasant and memorable in a positive way. I would certainly recommend them again.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Such a great review of our team at JMC, Jean and we appreciate it very much. Best of luck to you in your new home!!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Jersey Mortgage made the home buying process very convenient. They were very personable and they took the time to know me. They were knowledgeable about what they were talking about which is unlike other places where they didn't necessarily take the time to put effort in what they are doing. That led me down that route even if they had a slightly higher rate.

Their mortgage consultant was experienced. I had the basic discussions with her and set some things up. After that, there are another few people on the team that helped handle the process in terms of getting everything I needed to get the mortgage through. They were very knowledgeable compared to other people that I spoke to and they weren’t pressuring me to make any sort of decisions. The guidance I got from them was accurate and helpful. Going through Jersey Mortgage was a great experience. I wish I had a better rate but the service was great and that made me stick with them. I was very satisfied and I’d definitely recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Cheers, Greg on the recent closing of your home loan with Jersey Mortgage Company and thank you for submitting a review of our team. Best of luck to you in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was looking at different loan options for myself and stumbled on to FHA, so then I Googled FHA specialization in New Jersey and Jersey Mortgage was the first one to come up. They had really good reviews and I've never heard of that type of loan before. Plus, the loan officer I spoke to was really informative and helpful and I liked him, so I stuck with them. He always answered my phone calls and that’s important to me. He always returned any correspondence and he’s very on top of that. Also, the guidance I got was very helpful and straightforward. Overall, I had a very positive experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Congratulations on your recent closing, Jesse!!

Thanks for writing a nice review of JMC - we appreciate it very much

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My realtor has worked with Jersey Mortgage before so I just chose to work with them as well to make it easier for her. They’re actually a good group. The guys at Jersey Mortgage were very professional and patient. They made the experience much easier for me. My loan officer went above and beyond and made sure that everything gets done in a timely manner. I also got excellent guidance from them with my mortgage decisions. They're doing a great job and should keep it up.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thanks, Nelson for your time and effort in writing some nice words about the experience you recently had with Jersey Mortgage Company. Best of luck to you in your new home!

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information