toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Janis - thank you!!

We will be sure to share your kinds words with Cari and her team and wish you great health and happiness in the future.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 23, 2017

Jersey Mortgage is the best mortgage company I've ever worked with. I was referred to them by a realtor friend of mine who thought that the head person that was working on my situation, Cari, would be a great fit for me. Cari was knowledgeable, friendly, caring and she understood situations. She had a great personal touch to the way she handled everything for me. My approval process was done very quickly. When I gave her what she requested, the result was there. I had cancer in the past and there was a change in my income because of the illness, so we had to show my income in different years because of the illness whereas most people wouldn’t. I had to get letters from physicians to say why I had a flip in income at certain times in my life.

I already had worked with another mortgage company and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I have a mortgage with the best going rate and these people didn’t even want to touch me because it was going to be a little bit more work because I had cancer. One of them told me he could only get me a mortgage at 8% and I have 4.3. The biggest thing for Jersey is not just the business, it's the fact that they remember it’s a person and their home. Jersey Mortgage was awesome and I've already referred them to other people.

I’m a first time home buyer and Chris from Jersey Mortgage was very knowledgeable, thoughtful and considerate. He explained everything thoroughly and gave us plenty of time to get our paperwork together. He always answered the phone and returned calls. I can call any time of the day and he was available. He also guided me step-by-step on what I needed to do, what was expected of me and what the deliverables were and benchmarks when it will take place. The accessibility was there and that's what got me through most of it. And as far as the closing, my experience was definitely a lot easier than I had anticipated.

I was buying a house and needed mortgage. A friend of mine referred Jersey Mortgage. The guidance I received when discussing my options was good. I got a house and a good rate, and Jersey Mortgage did everything right.

My friend, a realtor, recommended to me Jersey Mortgage. A lot of mortgage companies take you for a ride so, I got burnt before in the past. My first time was with Crown Funding. Learning about mortgages, the rep that I spoke to took me for a ride. I spent a lot of money, by thousands, that I didn't have to spend. So, I know what to look for the second time around and I did my homework online. I contacted Jersey Mortgage for a refinance and spoke to Kathy who was very educated, which to me is very important. She answered the right questions so, I went ahead with them.

She's the best that I spoke to out of all the companies that I've talked to. With other people, it's just business but with Kathy, I could tell she really cares. She explained things thoroughly, helped me throughout the way and didn't leave me out to dry. Jersey Mortgage was not the cheapest but Kathy was very fair and everything was black and white so I knew what I was going for. I'd rather pay the little extra rather than saving money but not knowing what I'd get on the back end. It was a very satisfying experience with Jersey Mortgage and I've recommended them.

One of my friends told me about Jersey Mortgage and when I talked to them, they explained to me everything that I wanted to hear. The way they explained things and the way they helped me was kind of why I got the mortgage. Otherwise, I would've bought the house in cash. They were very knowledgeable and very educating. Also, I do a lot of businesses with a lot of different people because I own my own company and the reps at Jersey Mortgage are the first guys that I ever found very professional. The interest rate was very good, too. I will recommend Jersey Mortgage to my friends if they start looking for houses. That's how happy I am.

My realtor deals with Jersey Mortgage and had a very good experience so it was good to keep everything together so that she could deal with them. The reps from Jersey Mortgage were knowledgeable and thorough. Every single time I had an issue, they were there to help me resolve it. It was a hard process and they made it very bearable. They explained what my payments and rates were going to be and what they were going to try to get for me. It's been an excellent experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to us. We spoke with their rep and she was awesome. She explained both types of loans to us. My wife and I talked about it and then decided on what we thought was the best, which was an FHA loan for our first house. We got a spreadsheet of everything that we needed to have and had all of the requirements done. We chipped away at everything and had everything that they needed in early. We were calling the rep all the time with questions and they were great. It was a smooth process. It could be a little overwhelming at times but we were on top of things so it went really well.

I’m a realtor broker and I’ve been working with Jersey Mortgage for over two years now. Quick and timely closing, everything is on point and the loan officer is great. We always talk and I send her clients all the time. She gave me everything she needed to close the loan, did everything and we closed it. There were no headaches. It's been an excellent experience. I’m very happy and I will recommend. This loan was not an easy one however she made it look easy.

I googled mortgage companies in New Jersey and Jersey Mortgage was the first one that came up. I contacted different mortgage companies, but my phone call with Brian who was the loan officer from Jersey Mortgage was the best, so I proceeded to stay with them. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable. He filled me up with information and even though the conversation was about 20 minutes, I didn’t get that with any other company. He said the process could be a lot of time and it was exactly how he said it would be - that it would go from step one to step five. And if I couldn’t reach anyone else, he would always give me a call back quickly even if it had nothing to do with him. I didn’t have to wait a long time without hearing from someone which was good. Everyone else at Jersey Mortgage was very knowledgeable and very understanding.

Gina, the girl who’s handling my case in Jersey Mortgage is very nice but they take too long to process the mortgage. I have a mortgage for one family house and I also changed the mortgage with the second house. It’s been five weeks for the second one. Also, with regards to pricing, for one family house, they sent a charge of $400 and then changed it to $550 because they charge more if it’s a rental property even though they do the same kind of job. They design the price so whatever they tell you, you have to pay.

Jersey Mortgage have different people calling me. Somebody called me today and they want me to describe the way the property is. Then they call me five times for different reasons. But so far, they’re not telling me the date. On the first mortgage, I even had to go to the IRS to get the transcripts for the income tax because otherwise, it’s taking forever. They say the IRS would not respond. Right now, I only deal with Jersey Mortgage but I’m disappointed because it takes forever to do things.

I dealt with Jersey Mortgage before and I contacted them to buy a primary residence. The people I’m dealing with are very good. The team makes me understand the seriousness as well as the best way to approach, how they put money to my package, and the type of paperwork.

My wife was ready to buy a house so she decided to get through Jersey Mortgage Co. I pretty much put all my decision factor through her. She heard about positive experiences from her co-workers because they had used Jersey Mortgage as well. The people at Jersey that we worked with were always quite pleasurable, professional and they knew their stuff, which is really good. We really appreciated that they actually sat us down and went through the entire process, like everything to expect and some things that might not happen, and to prepare for that as well. It was, overall, a very rewarding and knowledgeable experience. The option that they presented were top notch. Every option was explained to us in detail. For example, our home loan was actually sold to another mortgage company, but we were very well prepared for that because the rep from Jersey Mortgage explained to us that that would happen.

At first, when my wife mentioned we were doing Jersey Mortgage, I was kind of unsure because I never heard of them. I had absolutely no idea they existed. But after this experience, I would more than recommend them to anybody. Jersey Mortgage actually needs to do a little bit more advertising because they really are a good company. They were welcoming and I felt like I was a part of the Jersey Mortgage family.

Jersey Mortgage is good. The company has good people and I don't have complaints. I would recommend them.

A friend recommended Jersey Mortgage to me and I also recommend them 100%. They were honest and good people to work with. They asked me what I needed, I gave everything they asked me for and they gave me advice. They answered my questions and we went from there.

I was looking for mortgage and a friend referred me to Jersey Mortgage. Their rate was good and I like the way they attended to me. They are knowledgeable than the other company I was dealing with before. We went to the pre-approval and they asked me about my income and the kind of loan I was looking for. They gave me all the type of loans that they have and worked with me to choose what was best for me. The guidance was very awesome and they gave me all the information that I needed and guided me. They're very professional including the person who attended to me and I appreciate the way they walked me through everything. The team who worked with me was very great and Jersey Mortgage is very lucky to have them.

I was shopping around for a good mortgage company and competitive rates, and I was referred to Jersey Mortgage by an acquaintance. The main thing was that the mortgage broker, Marcus, was helpful from our first meeting. He actually met with me face-to-face and we spent about half an hour to 45 minutes talking about my options. Although I had reached out to three other mortgage companies, Marcus was the only person that took time to put things together and in writing, and to sit down and explain everything to me.

I liked the guidance that I received. I'm a first-time home buyer, so I had a lot of questions, and Marcus was able to answer them for me. He presented different options and showed me the benefits of one option versus the other, and gave me enough information to make an important decision. Once I found the property, getting everything sorted out was pretty easy. They were so supportive and we had discussions throughout the process. The mortgage closed in less than 30 days and a good portion of that was because of Jersey. Their staff really worked hard to get the mortgage done. I was very pleased with my experience.

My father is in real estate and he uses Jersey Mortgage and I trusted stuff that one of my dad’s business friends was saying but they are misleading the way they advertised stuff. The follow-up wasn’t great and they lost documents, delayed my closing and put wrong information on documents. It was not professionally done the way I would expect a mortgage to be handled. There was anxiety in knowing the deadline we had to close and every single day, something else was going on. It was a very stressful situation, to begin with, and I never felt at ease. They got the job done but it was a hassle. I had to keep telling my fiancé that it's gonna be okay and that we're gonna get through this but I was not happy with my experience and I would never use them again.

We were first time home buyers and Jersey Mortgage helped us through the process. We looked at different houses they have and figured out what our mortgage would be. They guided us through considering that we're in a unique situation because we're not married. Jersey Mortgage's rates were at par with other companies and they assisted us all along so it was a natural choice to go with them. Our interactions with the Jersey Mortgage team were good, professional, and very straightforward. Everything was explained so there wasn't a lot of unanswered questions or things that were difficult to comprehend for a first-time buyer. It was a positive experience for us and we're happy with it. They did a really nice job for us and we feel confident that we made the right choice.

I was looking to do a 203K for the first time home buyer specifically and when I was looking to buy a house, my real estate agent connected with the Jersey Mortgage on a basis that they offer that type of mortgage. She's worked with them in the past so she referred them to me. My first experience was pretty good. The mortgage broker I worked with was super helpful. He's very transparent, informative and answered all my questions. He made himself available whenever it was that I needed, even after work hours. He was instrumental in my decision to work with them.

On the processing side of things, I wasn't super impressed with the handling of the paperwork. It was annoying that they had made some easily avoidable mistakes. I would sign things and send them back, and then they would say that was the wrong form. Or sometimes, they would inadvertently send me documents with the wrong address on it and they would tell me to just fix it. But otherwise, I thought it was handled well. Overall, the experience wasn't terrible.

Then I worked with them again to do a refinance and I didn't have a great experience. It was similar paperwork related issues. But also, I worked with the same mortgage broker who failed to be consistent. Numbers kept shifting around and there seemed to be a lack of transparency or clarity on what the interest rate and the actual monthly payments were going to be. I was being told one thing and then, paperwork was saying something different. I kept pushing and pushing and trying to get some clarity and I felt like there was a lot of pressure for me to sign stuff without me having a full understanding. That was frustrating and I told them that that'd be the last time I'd be working with them. And I'm pretty set on that. They're the only company I've worked with and so, moving forward, I'm definitely gonna be looking a bit more to find the right company.

I'm a first time homebuyer and I decided to have Jersey Mortgage over other companies because of their customer service. They kept me informed of everything throughout the process of buying the home. They are easy to get a hold of and everything worked out. They were great.

I heard about Jersey Mortgage Co. through my realtor. At the beginning, when we're working with the rep laying out what the process would be and what the loan would look like, it was positive. The rep was very upfront but the staff that was supporting him in the process was not as on top of things. As we got towards the end, it became a less-positive experience. We had expressed multiple times through conversations with our attorney and Realtor. We had emails, through the rep, the underwriter and the person who's working on our loan, that we had a situation where we needed to have a specific closing date given how "easy" our loan was. It was told to us multiple times that would not be an issue.

However, because something was not submitted in a timely fashion, we missed the deadline. Therefore, we couldn't close when we were supposed to close. I had to have two separate closings which was very inconvenient for us and our lawyers where we had to extend our move date. It was not good and it was avoidable because somebody didn't put a date on the calendar, where our inspection had expired. They used excuses like, "Well, these are difficult things. These things come up and they can't be helped." Things took longer than I had thought. It had to be redone and there was a knock-on effect. They waited until it had already expired, instead of calling the inspector prior to it expiring. So, the biggest thing is that follow up is not good. If I were doing it again myself, I would have gone directly to the bank.

Overall, experience with Jersey Mortgage went well. There were some steps in the process that I wish were better, but I can't say it was a terrible experience either. I like the communication as far as by email, them getting back to me and me getting back to them. I hope that my timeliness as far as responding to them and giving them what they needed was good for them. However, as I am a new homeowner, I wish that Jersey Mortgage Co. would take more time to explain each step on what it is and what they're doing and if there was anything to FYI about. You can go online, download homeowner kits if you will and educate yourself as well. I know that people can always ask questions which are very important in this process because it's a big undertaking to do but they shouldn't throw emails at you and not tell you exactly what they're for. Still I'd definitely recommend them.

My Realtor told me about Jersey Mortgage so I decided to go with them. The rep at Jersey Mortgage was very helpful. He was able to answer all my questions so I'm well informed. I would recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Ana for taking the time to write a review of Cathy and JMC - We will take a look as to what transpired on the paperwork, as that shouldn't have happened and we apologize for that frustration. It happens sometimes in the paperwork intensive mortgage business and appreciate you for bringing it to our attention so we can improve upon the process for future JMC clients.

Best of luck to you!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 7, 2017

It was a good experience with Jersey Mortgage. Cathy, a representative there, was awesome, helped me a lot and did a great job explaining everything. I loved how passionate she was to make a way for people like in my situation. But when the loan was being processed, it was aggravating. After working with Cathy, I started working with different people who were calling me asking me for the same papers over and over. They would change to different people then instead of communicating among themselves, they will call me and ask me for the papers. I'm co-signer with my stepson, who’s older, and it’s not easy to get papers from older people like him especially when one has already asked them for those papers. So, that was a little frustrating. But at the last week of the process, Cathy took over and everything was smooth again.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Amanda for taking the time to write a nice review of JMC, and specifically Cari and her team. She delivers a personal touch for all her clients and we are happy to hear your experience was a good one.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 4, 2017

Our experience with Jersey Mortgage was fantastic. My aunt went through them for a mortgage last year and she referred me to them. We couldn't have done anything without Cari from the Jersey Mortgage team. She really helped us through the whole process. I would recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi David, we appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review - Cathy Fernandes is very passionate about her clients and am happy to hear your appreciation of the things she does that set her apart from her competitors. I will be sure to share your kind words with her and her team at JMC.

Best of luck in the new home - thanks again

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 3, 2017

Jersey Mortgage came highly recommended by our agent. We had several interactions with them. It wasn't an easy transaction for us with this house. There were so many problems and they helped us with every single one of them. Their rep was a lady and she made herself available for us at any time we needed. They made allowances for us well after 12:00 midnight because my wife and I had schedules. They would come into the office on a weekend Sunday and anytime that I needed to talk to them, I was able to get a hold of them. Being a first time homeowner, she definitely eased the pain and actually became a friend. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage. Like I said, the transition wasn't easy. There were many problems that had to be dealt with the house, but they made it really easy.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Mark for taking the time to write a review of JMC. We will be sure to share your review with your Loan Officer, Brian Lavan and his team. Thanks again and have a good day!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 2, 2017

I got a recommendation from a colleague for Jersey Mortgage. I went to their office for my first appointment and it gave me a very good feeling that everything was explained, what is going to happen and how the procedure is. After that, everything went via phone and email. I had a very good experience with Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank, Mr. Lewis for the kind review.

We will be share your review with Scott and his team at JMC - he is a passionate advocate for his clients so we are happy to see that working so well for you. Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 28, 2017

My wife's aunt is a real estate agent and she recommended Jersey Mortgage for us. Scott was the one that we dealt with and he was amazing. He explained everything so it’s good. He bent over backwards and was constantly on the phone with us, sent text messages or e-mails. This is the second house that I bought, but we got no interaction or help with the first one while Scott went above and beyond our expectations. We've been recommending them to anybody that’s looking to buy. It was an easy, smooth experience overall.

Thank you, Edward for taking the time to give JMC a review. We appreciate it

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 26, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by my realtor. A rep e-mailed me everything he needed, I sent the requirements back, then they told me what to do and I signed.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Celestino for taking some time to write a nice review of JMC. We will be sure to share your note with Fabio and his team at JMC. We wish the process could be smoother and work hard every day trying to make it easier for our clients. All the best

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 25, 2017

When I used Jersey Mortgage for refinance, a friend of mine who works for them took care of everything for me. But I also took care of a lot of paperwork back and forth. It took a couple months but I only had to go there and sign. Still, it took a little bit to get all the moving parts together. But I got the best possible rates at that moment, although I wish it would have gotten better. Nonetheless, everybody was pretty helpful there and if I needed something, they took care of it. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, James for writing a review of JMC. We will share your note with Cathy Fernandes and her team that worked on your loan. I've also gone into our marketing system to have the mailers removed (you may still receive email) for your account. Thank you for using JMC a second time, it means a lot to us.

Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 22, 2017

Jersey Mortgage helped me when I got my initial mortgage. They also helped when I refinanced and they gave me lower interest rates than what I had. I waited a little longer but it was good. I didn't want the hassle with trying to find too many people because of different fees and this and that, so I tried to get in touch with the woman that helped me out the first time. Having to send the same information to 12 people gets annoying but everybody was pleasant and that was good. Also, everything was well and everybody was fine and knowledgeable. My only complaint is since I've refinanced with them, I've been getting mailers asking me to refinance.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile