2. Mortgages

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Jersey Mortgage Co.
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Co.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Everything was explain to me in detail. I understand that I may or may not get the loan but I am willing to try hoping that I will get the loan and able to move in my dream home soon. Mr. ** was very helpful.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was a first-time homeowner and I didn’t know anything prior to going into this so, it was a new experience. This would be the best way for me getting my first home. There’s a lot going into purchasing a house but with Jersey Mortgage, there was no major issues at all and everything worked out fine. Sharon and Chris, the people I worked with, were helpful. They did a great job and they were very professional the whole time in the process. Overall, it was pleasant although the application and underwriting process took three months. It’s not that the people in Jersey Mortgage didn’t do their job but as the buyer, you're like that middleman, and you're trying to relay certain messages from that person to that person to this person. There should be a better communication between the Realtor, lawyer and Jersey Mortgage.

Moving forward, if I were to buy a home again, I would like to be more fluent in terms of having chain emails and to make sure I have more direction as the Jersey Mortgage and their loan officer, the real estate and the lawyer. So that when I'm not there, it would be easier for them to get in touch with each other and vice versa. Even the lawyer from the selling point of view has to maintain constant communication with the seller. Everybody should have that constant communication across the board so that there's no confusion for certain things but overall, they were informative. They told me what I needed to know, so I was able to get documents, and they were timely. Also, my interest rate wasn't too bad, but I understand I got a 203k loan which incurred a slightly higher interest rate than normal.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

The process with Jersey Mortgage was very convoluted. Being a first-time homebuyer, I expected a little more hand-holding and to be walked through it. It was not that they didn’t walk us through it but I felt like I was constantly following up. It was nearly everyday. I was making sure things were getting done and that my questions were getting answered. I felt like I was facilitating it myself and it was a little irritating. They also asked me for documents that I provided more than once, which was a little annoying.

I didn’t even have to go with them. I didn’t need a mortgage broker. We got really good credit. I could’ve gone through my bank. But my realtor recommended them and I was trying to honor the referral. I chose to go with them so I expected a higher level of service. They could’ve been better with the way that they handled it and responded. For them, maybe it’s an everyday thing but it wasn’t for us. So I was a lot annoyed by the end. They weren’t bad people. It’s just that the process didn’t go the way that I would have preferred. It was a big headache and I wasn’t satisfied at all.

I also don’t think it was just the company. I don’t know if it was just the nature of things but the process felt very fractured. It didn’t feel very seamless. In terms of the whole signing of the documents, from end to end in getting the final approval, it was probably 45 days, maybe a little more. I also could’ve gotten a slightly lower rate with my bank but it was reasonable and I’m fine with it.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Everything was super smooth with Jersey Mortgage and we had a good experience. The lending agent, Gina, was fantastic. She communicated well. If we had an issue, we emailed her and she got right back to us. I thought getting any mortgage was a pain but everything was simple. We were able to do everything online and sign. There were a million things we had to fill out and every time we thought we were done, they had other stuff for us. But I think that’s any lender and I don’t think it was a horrible experience.

The rate was good but we could’ve done better. I had gone to my bank to get paperwork for the mortgage, and they had a much lower rate for us. But at the end of the day, we felt like we were already done, like we were at the end of the process, and we wouldn’t have wanted to start over for a cheaper rate. We could’ve gotten a better rate, but this was convenient. Gina worked well with our Realtor and made life easy. It was worth whatever we paid.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Jersey Mortgage's reps were upfront with all the costs. They were sincere in terms of what the process was and what they can do for me. I went with them and got a regular fixed rate, 30-year loan program. They had a list of all the paperwork that they needed upfront. Once those were provided, if any additional information was necessary, they came back to me with what additional information they might need. The whole process took two months and during that time, there some doubts in terms of the process and if the loan was gonna go through. My rep Garth communicated up front that everything was okay and told me to forward the additional paperwork I needed. I was really impressed with the communication. Jersey did the best they could for me given the circumstances.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was purchasing a new home and Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to me. They were able to help somebody who was getting affordable housing, whereas other lenders don’t. I gave the initial numbers that they needed to know to see if I would qualify over the phone but a lot of the application was online. I've been down this road a whole bunch of times but this was my best experience. Randolph, the rep, was wonderful and great. I would give him a big thumbs-up.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I was buying a new home and used Jersey Mortgage Co. They did very well on a previous mortgage. The application process was easy. I did it in person, online, and over the phone. The loan officer was good and knew her stuff. She could explain everything clearly. She didn't leave anything behind and clarified everything before we started the loan. A lot of paperwork was pending at the same time though. But the rates and terms that I received were okay and fair. And so far, I'm satisfied with the experience.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I wanted to buy a house and Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by a friend of mine. The process of obtaining my mortgage was a complete disaster. We began the process back in November 2018 and I told the mortgage company, “This is what I make. This is what I can afford. This is what the budget is.” They said that everything looked good and they kept riding it on. However, they kept on giving me and the realtor the runaround. We could never get a commitment letter. We were 90 days from when we were in contract to the last extension, which was absolutely ridiculous, and I paid an extra 4,000 in per diem fees.

My experience with Jersey Mortgage was the absolute worst. They were highly recommended, but I don’t know if they were in tune with the type of mortgage that I was getting out or they were just incompetent. Even from the first closing date, they were oblivious to everything. The 24 hours before we had the first closing date was when everybody started questioning, “Oh, no. We’re not gonna be able to close.” And then from there on, the expenses began. Jersey Mortgage recommended me to the attorney, but my attorney was oblivious to the closing date. It was almost like no one read any of the contracts and they were not doing everything that I was paying everyone should do.

Towards the middle and towards the end, the attorney really stepped it up. It got to the point where there was a correction and I said that I would probably lose the deal with the house and that I was gonna wind up suing everybody because it was not my fault. My numbers hadn’t changed from the very beginning and I put everything on the table from the very beginning. Ultimately, we closed, which was a good thing, and now, we are in the process of renovating and looking to move in soon. Nevertheless, I would never recommend this mortgage company to anyone. I am that fed up with them.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I was looking into getting a mortgage as a first-time home buyer and I ran into one of Jersey Mortgage's representatives. He was very approachable and confident in what he was doing. The online application process was easy and the rates and terms of the mortgage that I received were fair. It was a VA loan and they had different requirements, so they were not so regular. Jersey Mortgage needed proof of termite inspection and it was a very specific form number that was needed. Jason, the rep, told us what he needed many times, but if someone had mentioned the form number, things would have progressed a little quicker and it would have been helpful.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I highly recommend Jersey Mortgage. They are an excellent lending institution and I am very satisfied with them. When I was looking into a mortgage for investment, I saw them and I signed up. Their application process was not too hard and it was pretty much a cut deal. Jersey worked with me to close my loan in a timely fashion and I’m happy with the service because I did not wait around that long. The whole process took a month or so and it was done. My loan officer was Noury and he was good. He kept in touch with me and he did well. He took the time to explain everything and was very informative. Whatever question I had, he answered them and he was really knowledgeable with them. I also felt very comfortable working with him. The rate I got was decent as well. I got 4.7 while I bought the house at 15.5%. Jersey Mortgage gave me the right mortgage which was what I needed at the moment and I am happy with their service.

Jersey Mortgage Company author review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage loan company services New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Connecticut. The company provides a variety of mortgage products, including VA and FHA loans as well as customized loans to meet most borrowers needs.

• In-house processing: This company processes its loans in one of its three New Jersey offices instead of outsourcing the work. This gives them greater control over their rates and fees charged than online brokers.

• Informational resources: The company's website features guides and calculators for homebuyers and people who are refinancing. These help consumers learn how much they can afford or find out how much they can save by buying instead of renting.

• Simple to start: Consumers fill out a short form online to have a loan officer contact them or set up a meeting at one of several branch locations.

• LendRIGHT Seal of Excellence: They have earned the LendRIGHT™ seal of excellence, a designation that shows they value relationships, information, guidance, honesty and trust. Only lenders who meet specific criteria can use the LendRIGHT seal.

• Assistance for first-time homebuyers: The company helps people get assistance from the state of New Jersey through the First Time Home Buyer Program.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information