toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Good afternoon, Jose - Many thanks for sending such a kind review of Kimberly and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company!! We wish you the best of luck in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I googled "best mortgage companies" in Jersey and Jersey Mortgage came up as one of the best. I saw the reviews they had and they were a direct lender, too. These influenced my decision to get in contact with them. Their team was very professional and very responsible. I got responses in a timely fashion every time I inquired about anything regarding my application. Kimberly, the person who worked with me, was excellent and outstanding. I’m very satisfied. They provided me with enough information and gave very detailed guidance. I was very happy that everything took a timeframe that’s reasonable and they didn’t exceed the time that they promised. I’m glad I chose Jersey Mortgage. It was the one that I needed to choose.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Kamal and we appreciate you taking the time to post it - Will be sure to share it with Gina and her team at JMC. Wishing you the very best

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

In the beginning, I contacted Gina of Jersey Mortgage and explained my situation. I also told her that I have contacted other banks and that I can let her take care of my credit. She checked and came back telling me they could consider what I’m dealing with. Then she gave me the pre-approval and all the interactions were perfect. She's very knowledgeable and knows exactly what she is talking about and she didn't wait in the phone to give her a question. She told me every time how the whole process goes and whenever I send her an email or call or text her, she’s always available. And if she is in the middle of something, she texts me back saying she'll call me later. The people at Jersey Mortgage were very responsive and professional. I will definitely consider working with them again.

I wanted to start the processing of purchasing a home and find out my options so I contacted Jersey Mortgage. They were able to answer all my questions. I was thinking of starting my home mortgage process later, but they provided me with different options that I could have and I ended up getting a loan earlier than expected. I chose Jersey Mortgage over conventional loans like Capital One because I was able to talk to a live person more often, than calling the different companies. Gina is the person that I had contact with and she's awesome. I have recommended Jersey Mortgage to others.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Bradley for the kind words - we will be sure to share them with the folks that worked on your loan.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I was getting pushed around by a mortgage company that just kept dragging their feet, so I did an inquiry of the mortgage people in the area and Jersey Mortgage's name came up. They were on top of the list so I went with them. I dealt with Brian and he was very professional. He got right back to me and helped me through the whole process. He was top notch. Also, I was given all the answers that I needed.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Landell - we pride ourselves as being a market leader and responsive to our clients in making their largest purchase. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review - we will be sure to share it with eveyone that worked on your loan - best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I like Jersey Mortgage's customer service. It was awesome. In fact, I decided to go with Jersey because I heard that they are a good company. I feel great about the guidance that I received from them, and overall, I'm satisfied with my experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you for taking the time to write some nice words about your recent refinance experience - we will be sure to share your kind words with our staff

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I still keep in contact with my mortgage lady at Jersey Mortgage so I went with them the second time to refinance the house. She gave us down-to-earth facts about refinancing as opposed to streamlining, so we felt comfortable doing everything with her. Our interactions have been simple and to the point.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks you, Michael for being not only a loyal customer, but also taking the time to recognize a job well done by the folks that worked on your loan - we will be sure to share your review with them

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I used Jersey for my first mortgage so I used them again for my refinance and did it with the same loan officer. She helped me with my mortgage, and in fact, I went back to Jersey because I liked what she did. Overall, the team members at Jersey were very helpful with everything. They were also very timely in their responses to everything they do.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Christina - we are humbled by your kind words. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

When I needed to get mortgage quotes, I contacted Jersey Mortgage. We then bought our house from them since I heard that they were good. Their reps were very efficient, always available when needed, and answered all my questions. They're really good.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Mark for taking the time to post some kind words about JMC. Best of luck with your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We're very happy with Jersey Mortgage's service. We learned about them when my sister-in-law used them for her condo. We then contacted them when we were getting our house on Long Beach Island. All calls were returned right away and everything was explained fully, so we were very satisfied.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Rupinder - we take a lot of pride in being trusted to assist people with the purchase of the first home. We are so pleased you were satisfed with our services. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I was looking into properties. We were buying a home for the first time and an agent referred me to Cathy from Jersey Mortgage. We checked them out and I was happy from the get go so there was no need for me to shop around. It's been a fantastic experience working with Cathy and others. The loan officer was really precise. Everything was explained to us in detail in layman's language we could understand. The teamwork is there and the way she coordinated with everybody el. It was all wonderful.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Ruben for the kind review!! We will be sure to share your kinds words with our team. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I was referred by my real estate agent to Jersey Mortgage and I felt comfortable with their loan officer. Also, they were courteous and on point when it comes to answering my questions no matter what time. The guidance they gave me was pretty good.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such nice words, Miriam. We are so pleased that we were able to assist you with your recent purchase - we will be sure to share your kind words with everyone that worked on your transaction. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Someone referred my husband to Jersey Mortgage and he got in contact with them. However, my lawyer realtor messed up my closing bad but their rep was my savior. She had all emails and proved to them that they’re the ones that messed up. Her email was on point and she was able to help me with that. She was available to me 24/7. She's been dealing with me for over a year because I had tried to purchase a home, tried two short sales and I finally ended up leaving to buy another home. She helped me get through what my lawyer messed up with. And also, when I went to their office, their receptionist offered me espresso, water, etc of which I felt very welcome as opposed to when I went to my lawyer’s office wherein there was no good morning, no hello, no nothing.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Jessica - this is one of the nicest reviews that we have the privelege to respond to . We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful note. We'll be sure to share it with our team members that helped on your transaction. Best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We were referred to Jersey Mortgage Co. by our realtor, Gerardo. He had worked with Cathy, our loan officer, before and he told us that she was really good. This is my husband's second house and he had worked with our realtor before. He trusted him and has known him for a while. He had used Wells Fargo in the past and it wasn't the best experience with them. I've also heard other bad stories about banks and I felt like going with a prior company might be a bit wiser.

Cathy was awesome and very knowledgeable. If I texted her, she'd get back to me within a couple of hours. Being a first-time homebuyer, there were a lot of things that my husband understood better. The first time we met with Jersey Mortgage, it was a little overwhelming. You're just hearing a lot of dollars and figures. But as I got to understand the process and had more time to go through paperwork, they did a good job of explaining everything to someone who didn’t have any experience.

Closing is stressful no matter what but it was a really easy closing because the people had already moved out of the house. We closed in less than seven weeks. Jersey Mortgage is much better than using a bank. It was more of a personalized service and the process was a lot easier because of them. If we went through a bank, I don’t think it would have happened by the end of the year, just with getting the funding and underwriting. I've recommended Jersey Mortgage and would definitely recommend them to anybody again. I would go back to them if we ever sold the house and bought a new one.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Edwin for taking the time to write a few, nice words about your recent experience with Jersey Mortgage Company - we appreciate it very much. Wishing you the very best in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I've communicated with this person from Jersey Mortgage every day and she was phenomenal, professional, above and beyond the call of duty, always available, communicating with me and cordial. I was late with a lot of my paperwork but she was never moody and she made it happen.

Resolution In Progress

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Tyler - thanks for taking the time to write a review of JMC - though the words are sometimes hard to read, be assured that we will take your words as actions steps so that we can improve upon the process in the future. Best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage and the experience was anything but smooth. I've bought a house before and dealt with a smaller company where there was a little more contact and was more personable compared to Jersey Mortgage. The other company knew my situation a little better and were better at getting back to me. Jersey Mortgage had poor communication and would take days sometimes to get in touch with. Also, stuff that should've been done right before the loan was supposed to be completed wasn't completed. They later blamed it on somebody up and leaving midway through the process and they didn't tell me about that.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Sean - we appreciate you taking the time to recognize a job well done by Brian and his team. We wish you the very best in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I've gone through the large VA loans process before and it wasn't a very successful or pleasant experience, then I heard that going to a local vendor that does VA loans was a lot easier and more friendly so I chose Jersey Mortgage. I was in training for a job and Brian and his team worked really close with my schedule and off normal hours. We communicated via email and he would answer his emails almost immediately. If we needed to talk, we scheduled a time to talk on the phone and that works. He was very knowledgeable and provided me all the stuff I needed.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Patricia for taking the time to write some nice words about Jersey Mortgage - we will be sure to share them with the team members that worked on your loan transaction.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

We have a friend that works at Jersey Mortgage. Their team was excellent and they were very good to deal with. We were actually going through our bank first and then our friend said that we should consider looking through their company. We did and it worked out really well.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Jennifer - we appreciate the detailed response and we will strive to improve upon the process - Congratulations on the closing of your new home - we will you the very best!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I was referred to Jersey Mortgage by my realtor. I was looking for a house for about three years and every time I found a house, I got outbid or it just fell through. I would contact the same person, Brian, who was extremely helpful every time I called him. I finally got an approval so I called him and told him I'm going with Jersey Mortgage, and it was because of the relationship that I’ve built with him and the way I was treated. It took me three years but during that three years, he never ever once said to me, “I’m sorry. I can’t help you because the last time you called me you wasted my time.”

In the early parts, working with Brian was very good. It started to fall apart a little bit towards the end when it was changed over to different hands. They have different people that handle different aspects of the loan but I ended up still having to go back to Brian and asked him questions because he was able to call whoever in the office to get the answers that I needed. I got annoyed because people didn’t get back to me but Brian made the difference. He kept it calm and focused. He was more than a salesperson. He was really good. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Fred- we appreciate you taking the time to provide such a nice review of JMC- we will be sure to share it with John and his team. We wish you great luck in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Jersey Mortgage was recommended and was highly rated by our realtor, as well as some online reviews that I read. The group of people that I worked with there were very good and professional. From the very beginning, the guidance I received when discussing my options was awesome. With our initial offer, right down to the closing, they were all on point with their suggestions. They played out exactly how they said they would, and I was pretty happy with that. The team members were all really good, communication-wise, going through the whole process. We had a couple of snags but they assured me that everything would go through correctly and according to plan, and it did, exactly as they said it would.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Wow, Chad - we really appreciate the nice words about JMC and our team - we are pleased to hear that your transaction went smoothly and you were satisifed with our service. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I had a good experience from Jersey Mortgage the first time around when I did my original mortgage with them. This time it's to refinance. Their team was professional, pleasant, quick, and efficient. It was all around a great experience, and I would easily recommend them to friends and family.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Michael - we appreciate you taking the time to write kind words about Scott and his team at Jersey Mortgage. Best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

My real estate agent referred me to Jersey Mortgage. He said that they were good, and after speaking with Scott I was happy with him. He was the most helpful person throughout my entire transaction with buying the house between talking with the lawyers and the real estate guy and anybody I spoke to with anything. He gave me advice in general and anything about mortgage, and he had an answer to any question I had.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Jason for taking the time to write such a nice review - we will be sure to share it with Cathy and her team - We also appreciate your referring JMC too!!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I was buying a house and my nephew who's a realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage. I was very pleased and very comfortable dealing with the mortgage broker, Cathy. She knew her stuff and she was very good at it. She put all the options out there, left everything open to the lowest and to the highest, and let me make a decision. She gave her opinion and her advice, which is good. I am pleased with the whole experience and I intend to do more business with them. I'm definitely planning to buy more properties and I will be dealing with her particularly. I am telling everybody about Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

That's really nice to read, Joseph - thanks for writing such a nice review - We will be sure to share it with Scott and his team - best of luck to you in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I learned about Jersey Mortgage through friends. I heard Scott, the Vice President over there, was good at what he did, so I called them. The experience we had with them was awesome right upfront. The way they did everything was great and their guidance was excellent. My wife was very impressed with them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Harry for such a nice review - we will be sure to share them with Marcus and his team at JMC - we rely heavily on satisfied clients like you and appreciate your referrals so that we can help others with mortgage financing. Best of luck to you

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I was in the market for buying a house. Jersey was referred to me by a buddy of mine. When I spoke to Jersey Mortgage they were pretty much very informative, helpful, well-spoken and respectful. I felt comfortable with them so I didn’t even bother looking at anyone else. They were very well managed in every aspect of the conversations that we’ve had. I also thought that their guidance was perfect. It was better than I expected and anticipated. If every company conducts themselves with the mannerism that they have, there would be more successful transactions like mine was. I would refer them to everyone who’s trying to buy a home in Jersey that has to deal with a mortgage company that needs to use a mortgage. In fact I already have.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Charles for recognizing John and his team at JMC. We are so pleased you were happy with your transaction and will be sure to share your kind words with everyone that worked on your loan. WIshing you the very best in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Overall, I had a very good experience with Jersey Mortgage. When I was calling the bigger companies and asking them questions, I did not feel that they were really listening to me. They just wanted the mortgage, and I didn’t feel valued. On the contrary, I felt valued by Jersey Mortgage. The process was very smooth, and the staff has been really good. They helped me with everything that I needed from start to finish. John was always very attentive and answered my questions. Kim did a really good job in letting me know about the timelines and when the paperwork was due. I scanned it and sent it to her, and she always acknowledged receipt.

They always responded to me. If they didn’t, they'd leave a message within the day, which is always appreciated. This is my first mortgage, and I’m very organized and they made it fit all my stuff together, but also they were very precise with the paperwork and information that they needed from me, so I was able to provide it. It was very seamless. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage to other friends and family.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, WIlliam for writing such a nice review - we will be sure to share it with Blanca and her team - we wish you the very best in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I was referred to Jersey Mortgage and I felt comfortable with the people that I was working with there. Our interactions when I was doing the whole mortgage process was great. Everything was fine. They work very efficiently. I was very happy I'm able to close the deal in a timely manner.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Yolanda for posting some nice words about Brian and his team at JMC. We strive every day to make the process easy and streamlined for our clients and recognize that it can be overwhelming at times. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I was recommended to Jersey Mortgage by the realtor that I was using at the time when buying our home. I knew the realtor for many years and I trusted that she was recommending someone who was reputable. For the most part, the process was a bit stressful because of the requirements and sometimes things were duplicated, like my efforts. One person would ask me for documents and then the same person would ask me the same documents a day or two later. At times there was not a lot of ease of dealing with the sellers, but I'm happy with the outcome because Jersey actually worked very hard to secure the loan and to get everything finalized at late hours.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Lady for taking the time to write such nice words about Cathy and her team at JMC. We wish you the very best in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

The realtor told me to go to Jersey Mortgage when I was buying a house. I decided to go with them because they're really efficient. The first day that I spoke to them, they were really prepared. Cathy helped me a lot. She's very nice person. She explained all the kind of mortgages they carry. She dealt with the questions, all the paperwork, followed-up with the emails, answered for me everyday, and helped me out to make a list. She always answers the call within a minute. But when I couldn't reach her, I could mail her. If she didn't answer the phone, I could reach the other person that was in charge of it. Even on Thanksgiving, she answered an email and I was surprised.

I love the way they work. All of them did outstanding job.They helped me through the whole process. When we were discussing our options, they explained all the procedures they have and I learned more. I wanted to get a mortgage and went for the FHA, because it was much better for me the way they explained it. Their team is awesome. I'm so happy that I will recommend it to others.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

How great is this review, Amber!!! WOW - we really appreciate it and are so thrilled that you were pleased with Denise and her team. We wish you the very best in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Dear Denise; Not once, but twice now you have helped us achieve our goals and made the loan process easy and understandable. Our original loan involved a very complicated 203k renovation loan for a short sale property. Throughout the process, you were our saving grace, answering all our questions, dealing with a million different details and keeping us educated and calm throughout the process. Despite hearing otherwise, the 203k process was extremely rewarding for us! We were able to close on time (in less than 30 days which even impressed the short sale attorney) and the process to have funds released for repairs was very simple and everyone helped us along the way.

One year later, after receiving notices that we may be eligible for a streamline refinance, we contacted you again and again you were able to help us. The streamline refinance was very simple and saved us almost $200 per month! We cannot thank you enough for your herculean efforts in assisting us with the loan process that allowed us to purchase our home. Being able to additionally get us the funding to make extensive repairs to the home (septic, plumbing and heating) was a huge blessing as it allowed us to purchase a home in a wonderful area with an amazing school system for our children that we might not otherwise have been able to reasonably afford. Denise, you are one of the kindest, most patient and helpful individuals we have had the honor of dealing with and we recommend you every chance I get!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Jennifer for taking the time to write such nice words about Cathy and her team at JMC - we appreciate it very much.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Jersey Mortgage was referred to me by a friend. I decided to contact them when I heard great things about the loan officer there. I heard she was very good and very dedicated to her clients. They make me feel very comfortable. On the first day of the meeting, the lady sat with me and hand wrote everything in depth. She explained to me the difference between the mortgage loans and was very thorough. They were very good, proactive and diligent with me. Overall, the process was very smooth, easy, and no headaches.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile