Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Good afternoon, Jose - Many thanks for sending such a kind review of Kimberly and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company!! We wish you the best of luck in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I googled "best mortgage companies" in Jersey and Jersey Mortgage came up as one of the best. I saw the reviews they had and they were a direct lender, too. These influenced my decision to get in contact with them. Their team was very professional and very responsible. I got responses in a timely fashion every time I inquired about anything regarding my application. Kimberly, the person who worked with me, was excellent and outstanding. I’m very satisfied. They provided me with enough information and gave very detailed guidance. I was very happy that everything took a timeframe that’s reasonable and they didn’t exceed the time that they promised. I’m glad I chose Jersey Mortgage. It was the one that I needed to choose.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Kamal and we appreciate you taking the time to post it - Will be sure to share it with Gina and her team at JMC. Wishing you the very best

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

In the beginning, I contacted Gina of Jersey Mortgage and explained my situation. I also told her that I have contacted other banks and that I can let her take care of my credit. She checked and came back telling me they could consider what I’m dealing with. Then she gave me the pre-approval and all the interactions were perfect. She's very knowledgeable and knows exactly what she is talking about and she didn't wait in the phone to give her a question. She told me every time how the whole process goes and whenever I send her an email or call or text her, she’s always available. And if she is in the middle of something, she texts me back saying she'll call me later. The people at Jersey Mortgage were very responsive and professional. I will definitely consider working with them again.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Nick - We agree it can sometime be a stressful process and are happy to see you felt comfortable with our process - we strive every day to make the process simpler for all of our customers and are happy to see that we met your expectations. We appreciate the time your took to write this kind review and wish you the best in your new home.

SVP

Original review: June 3, 2016

Sonia, our realtor, got us into looking into the house and she talked about Jersey Mortgage. It was my first time buying a house and Jersey was willing to help me to a lower rate. I liked the way they treat people. The rep we talked to was excellent. She helped us as much as she could with getting the mortgage. The Jersey Mortgage team was respectful and real helpful. They gave us a lot of information, broke down numbers and explained everything step-by-step. They were really nice people to work with. It was stressful at first but it was good. I'll recommend them to my friends if they ever plan to buy a house.

I've gone through the large VA loans process before and it wasn't a very successful or pleasant experience, then I heard that going to a local vendor that does VA loans was a lot easier and more friendly so I chose Jersey Mortgage. I was in training for a job and Brian and his team worked really close with my schedule and off normal hours. We communicated via email and he would answer his emails almost immediately. If we needed to talk, we scheduled a time to talk on the phone and that works. He was very knowledgeable and provided me all the stuff I needed.

We have a friend that works at Jersey Mortgage. Their team was excellent and they were very good to deal with. We were actually going through our bank first and then our friend said that we should consider looking through their company. We did and it worked out really well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

I was referred to Jersey Mortgage by my realtor. I was looking for a house for about three years and every time I found a house, I got outbid or it just fell through. I would contact the same person, Brian, who was extremely helpful every time I called him. I finally got an approval so I called him and told him I'm going with Jersey Mortgage, and it was because of the relationship that I’ve built with him and the way I was treated. It took me three years but during that three years, he never ever once said to me, “I’m sorry. I can’t help you because the last time you called me you wasted my time.”

In the early parts, working with Brian was very good. It started to fall apart a little bit towards the end when it was changed over to different hands. They have different people that handle different aspects of the loan but I ended up still having to go back to Brian and asked him questions because he was able to call whoever in the office to get the answers that I needed. I got annoyed because people didn’t get back to me but Brian made the difference. He kept it calm and focused. He was more than a salesperson. He was really good. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage was recommended and was highly rated by our realtor, as well as some online reviews that I read. The group of people that I worked with there were very good and professional. From the very beginning, the guidance I received when discussing my options was awesome. With our initial offer, right down to the closing, they were all on point with their suggestions. They played out exactly how they said they would, and I was pretty happy with that. The team members were all really good, communication-wise, going through the whole process. We had a couple of snags but they assured me that everything would go through correctly and according to plan, and it did, exactly as they said it would.

I had a good experience from Jersey Mortgage the first time around when I did my original mortgage with them. This time it's to refinance. Their team was professional, pleasant, quick, and efficient. It was all around a great experience, and I would easily recommend them to friends and family.

My real estate agent referred me to Jersey Mortgage. He said that they were good, and after speaking with Scott I was happy with him. He was the most helpful person throughout my entire transaction with buying the house between talking with the lawyers and the real estate guy and anybody I spoke to with anything. He gave me advice in general and anything about mortgage, and he had an answer to any question I had.

I was buying a house and my nephew who's a realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage. I was very pleased and very comfortable dealing with the mortgage broker, Cathy. She knew her stuff and she was very good at it. She put all the options out there, left everything open to the lowest and to the highest, and let me make a decision. She gave her opinion and her advice, which is good. I am pleased with the whole experience and I intend to do more business with them. I'm definitely planning to buy more properties and I will be dealing with her particularly. I am telling everybody about Jersey Mortgage.

I learned about Jersey Mortgage through friends. I heard Scott, the Vice President over there, was good at what he did, so I called them. The experience we had with them was awesome right upfront. The way they did everything was great and their guidance was excellent. My wife was very impressed with them.

I was in the market for buying a house. Jersey was referred to me by a buddy of mine. When I spoke to Jersey Mortgage they were pretty much very informative, helpful, well-spoken and respectful. I felt comfortable with them so I didn’t even bother looking at anyone else. They were very well managed in every aspect of the conversations that we’ve had. I also thought that their guidance was perfect. It was better than I expected and anticipated. If every company conducts themselves with the mannerism that they have, there would be more successful transactions like mine was. I would refer them to everyone who’s trying to buy a home in Jersey that has to deal with a mortgage company that needs to use a mortgage. In fact I already have.

Overall, I had a very good experience with Jersey Mortgage. When I was calling the bigger companies and asking them questions, I did not feel that they were really listening to me. They just wanted the mortgage, and I didn’t feel valued. On the contrary, I felt valued by Jersey Mortgage. The process was very smooth, and the staff has been really good. They helped me with everything that I needed from start to finish. John was always very attentive and answered my questions. Kim did a really good job in letting me know about the timelines and when the paperwork was due. I scanned it and sent it to her, and she always acknowledged receipt.

They always responded to me. If they didn’t, they'd leave a message within the day, which is always appreciated. This is my first mortgage, and I’m very organized and they made it fit all my stuff together, but also they were very precise with the paperwork and information that they needed from me, so I was able to provide it. It was very seamless. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage to other friends and family.

I was referred to Jersey Mortgage and I felt comfortable with the people that I was working with there. Our interactions when I was doing the whole mortgage process was great. Everything was fine. They work very efficiently. I was very happy I'm able to close the deal in a timely manner.

I was recommended to Jersey Mortgage by the realtor that I was using at the time when buying our home. I knew the realtor for many years and I trusted that she was recommending someone who was reputable. For the most part, the process was a bit stressful because of the requirements and sometimes things were duplicated, like my efforts. One person would ask me for documents and then the same person would ask me the same documents a day or two later. At times there was not a lot of ease of dealing with the sellers, but I'm happy with the outcome because Jersey actually worked very hard to secure the loan and to get everything finalized at late hours.

The realtor told me to go to Jersey Mortgage when I was buying a house. I decided to go with them because they're really efficient. The first day that I spoke to them, they were really prepared. Cathy helped me a lot. She's very nice person. She explained all the kind of mortgages they carry. She dealt with the questions, all the paperwork, followed-up with the emails, answered for me everyday, and helped me out to make a list. She always answers the call within a minute. But when I couldn't reach her, I could mail her. If she didn't answer the phone, I could reach the other person that was in charge of it. Even on Thanksgiving, she answered an email and I was surprised.

I love the way they work. All of them did outstanding job.They helped me through the whole process. When we were discussing our options, they explained all the procedures they have and I learned more. I wanted to get a mortgage and went for the FHA, because it was much better for me the way they explained it. Their team is awesome. I'm so happy that I will recommend it to others.

Dear Denise; Not once, but twice now you have helped us achieve our goals and made the loan process easy and understandable. Our original loan involved a very complicated 203k renovation loan for a short sale property. Throughout the process, you were our saving grace, answering all our questions, dealing with a million different details and keeping us educated and calm throughout the process. Despite hearing otherwise, the 203k process was extremely rewarding for us! We were able to close on time (in less than 30 days which even impressed the short sale attorney) and the process to have funds released for repairs was very simple and everyone helped us along the way.

One year later, after receiving notices that we may be eligible for a streamline refinance, we contacted you again and again you were able to help us. The streamline refinance was very simple and saved us almost $200 per month! We cannot thank you enough for your herculean efforts in assisting us with the loan process that allowed us to purchase our home. Being able to additionally get us the funding to make extensive repairs to the home (septic, plumbing and heating) was a huge blessing as it allowed us to purchase a home in a wonderful area with an amazing school system for our children that we might not otherwise have been able to reasonably afford. Denise, you are one of the kindest, most patient and helpful individuals we have had the honor of dealing with and we recommend you every chance I get!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jersey Mortgage was referred to me by a friend. I decided to contact them when I heard great things about the loan officer there. I heard she was very good and very dedicated to her clients. They make me feel very comfortable. On the first day of the meeting, the lady sat with me and hand wrote everything in depth. She explained to me the difference between the mortgage loans and was very thorough. They were very good, proactive and diligent with me. Overall, the process was very smooth, easy, and no headaches.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team at Jersey Mortgage was extremely friendly and courteous. They were very quick to respond which they did pretty much all hours of the day and night. They were really great. It was a very smooth experience and they were very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I tried to refinance through Valley National Bank but did not have a good experience with them so I contacted Jersey Mortgage. I was able to successfully refinance with Jersey Mortgage. They did the best they could to make the experience as smooth as possible even though refinancing is a painful process to deal with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My house caught on fire and I lost everything. I also got tired of renting and needed to purchase a house. The team that handled me at Jersey Mortgage was excellent. They have been good to me and I thank them very much.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The whole process with Jersey Mortgage, such as the application, went through as good as I hoped it would be. They didn't hassle me in regard to underwriting. They asked me for the documents and were timely in the sense of their responses to me when I had a question or if anything was needed. I've heard some horror stories but everything worked out fine for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted the Jersey Mortgage Co. to refinance on the mortgage, so when their head sent me an email regarding the refinance I called her back. Everybody I encountered was very professional and knowledgeable and the guidance I received from them was excellent. I would recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We are so grateful to read that your home buying experience was a satisfying one!! Thank you for taking the time to write it - we will be sure to share it with Brian and his team. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

I'm very satisfied with the service I had from Jersey Mortgage. They were very helpful, especially Brian, who was my mortgage person from the beginning to the end. I'm a first time home buyer and Brian was very patient and helpful, telling us the do's and the don'ts and what we need to know as new home buyers. He basically educated me in what I need to do and which steps I needed to take. Very excellent advice. He also kept me informed the whole time.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks for entrusting Jersey Mortgage Company for your recent mortgage loans - we appreciate the kind review and the confidence placed in our team.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

A friend of mine told me to try Jersey Mortgage. I was using another mortgage company then, but they were giving me the runaround. The Jersey loan officers had a lot of information, and they really guided and explained everything to me. If I didn't understand anything, they explained it in a better way. I worked hand in hand with their staff and they were very outstanding. Anytime I needed something, and they needed me to sign something, they sent it. If I called them, they answered. If not, they returned my call. I liked that they responded to emails quickly. They became like family.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We will be sure to share your fantastic review with Cathy and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company!! We appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey and give such a nice review -

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I recently worked with Cathy ** for my mortgage. Due to her dedicated and always up-to-speed service and knowledge, all worked well. Without her help and continuous support, it could have been a miserable experience to secure a mortgage as we all know things can go wrong here and there. Cathy was easy to work with and explained details in a very simple and easy terms. For my refinance or another property purchase, I know I will only talk to her. Thanks Cathy!

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Mr. Ragland for posting such a nice review - We appreciate it and will be sure to share your kind words with Brian Lavan and his team.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Jersey Mortgage was recommended by someone so I did my refinancing with them. It was a pleasant experience with them and they seem efficient with what they were doing. I learned some things with them and it was a good help for what I didn't know. Everything was good and I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

WOW, Malikah - such a kind review!! We really appreciate your entrustuing your homebuying experience to Marcus French and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company - we are so glad to see your expectations were exceeded! Best of luck to you

Jersey Mortgage

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

As a first time home buyer I was a bit confused about the process and needed someone to walk me through the process. My loan officer was Marcus **. He explained the process step by step. Marcus and his staff was always available to answer all my questions. They made my loan process seamless and stress free. I am still amazed at that fabulous service they provided. Jersey Mortgage went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure I was able to get the house of my dreams. If you are looking to purchase a home Marcus ** is the way to go.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such kind words and thank you so much - we will be sure to share them with Marcus and his team!!

Best of luck to you!!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I wanted to purchase a home and I was referred to Marcus, one of the workers at Jersey Mortgage. He helped us with our loan and gave us all the information that we needed in a timely manner. I like the way they handled the whole process and everything when we were closing. It was a great transaction. I'd recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you so much for the nice words - We will be sure to share your note with Scott Simpson and his team - Best wishes in your new home!!

Jersey Mortgage

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Jersey Mortgage was referred to me by a friend who’s in the real estate business. Their people are very professional, helpful, and kept things on track to get a closing. They've been excellent in letting me know what options I have and I trust their judgment.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile