Call toll free
4.65/5
Based on 112 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

353 Jersey Mortgage Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

I looked into a mortgage for a refinance and went with Jersey Mortgage as I have already used them before and I liked the company. The process of obtaining the refinance was easy and it took less than a month. The loan officer, Bryan, was good and he answered all my questions. There was one time when I hesitated about doing the refinance but he was patient. He listened to me and told me to take my time. I've tried another company before, which was Quicken Loans Company and they told me that I wasn't qualified to refinance. But when I talked to Bryan, he said that everything was possible and then it went through. Everything was wonderful with Jersey Mortgage.

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I want to wish Miracles and Blessings to Brian ** and the staff at Jersey Mortgage Company!!! Since the very first phone call Brian was honest, upfront, direct, and on point!!! They worked diligently till the very end on my loan!!! My husband and I are forever grateful to them for their hard work and dedication!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Everything is good. We bought our first home and our problem was where to pay the first payment. We went to a bank and we talked to the lady. We did one check for my mortgage and maybe today or tomorrow, we’ll go pay everything.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Everything about my experience with Jersey Mortgage has been good so far. We paid off the mortgage right away. Our loan officer was Scott and everything with him was great.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by my cousin. Their application process was good and it took about a month. I felt comfortable working with the loan officer too. Our interactions were good and he did his job. Then when I had questions, he followed up. I went with the thirty-year fixed loan program, but the rates and terms could have been better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: May 30, 2018

My agent Sarah checked in with me and was always helpful. In the process, I was finding homes that wouldn’t work out, and I would decide I wasn’t gonna leave then I was gonna leave. But Sarah had a lot of patience with me. But there was somebody else that I was constantly sending paperwork to. She wanted the same information such that I would send something and then I’d have to resend it. Then they would tell me something wasn't signed but it felt like I had signed the same thing already and it annoyed me a little. Also, for every little detail that changed, I had to re-sign. Jersey Mortgage’s process was a bit of a pain in the butt. But outside of the whole paperwork issue, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was decent. It got done at the end of the day and I’m happy with my house. My mortgage rate is pretty good too.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I wanted to purchase a condo and I was referred to Jersey Mortgage by a family friend. I contacted the number on their website and I was contacted by one of their agents. The application and underwriting process was standard and took a few months but they walked me through it. Everything was handled professionally and in a timely manner. They were with me every step of the way and if I had any questions, they were very quick with their response in providing very clear answers. They were very nice, friendly and understanding.

At first, I had a sense of distrust for mortgage companies because I have a finance degree so I know some of the underlying practices but they were very straightforward. I wasn't too thrilled about the interest rate but it was a great process. However, I received a notification in the mail that my mortgage was sold to another company and I reached out to Jersey Mortgage to confirm. I would rather for them to reach out to me to let me know before the other company did.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My realtor recommended two mortgage companies to me when I bought a new house. I spoke with both but I had good rapport with Cathy, the loan officer from Jersey Mortgage, so I decided to go with them. She was great and she did an excellent job. Each time I had an issue, I called her and she always responded and explained things to me the way I understood it. When I realized that the interest rate was going up, I called her to lock my rate in, which she did almost immediately. The whole process took about two months and I really enjoyed the way Cathy went through it with me.

Original review: May 11, 2018

It was easy to work with Jersey Mortgage. It was first around New Jersey and I like New Jersey that was why I went with them. They had a good price and I took a 30-year mortgage. They asked a lot of questions since I had to be qualified to get the mortgage. However, they should make the process easier and not more difficult. It took one month to finish the application and underwriting process. I’m just waiting to get the book and start to pay the mortgage, and I’m very excited. They were beautiful people especially Scott. He was very good. It will be two to four years when we’d be most comfortable then I could pay and I would get another mortgage from another real estate. I got a lot of investment and that was the reason I took the mortgage. If anyone asks me about Jersey Mortgage, I would tell them to apply with them and they are gonna be happy.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thanks, Yehuda for the great review and best of luck in your new home!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: May 9, 2018

We bought a house and went with Jersey Mortgage's program for buying a home. I called them, they asked me for relevant documents and took care of everything. My interaction with Al, my loan officer, was a hundred percent positive. He was the VP and sort of my point person and he had a team of underwriters and loan processors that were three or four people. He was outstanding and I was most impressed by his personal attention. I couldn’t ask for a better loan officer.

Given what the market was and having done some research the mortgage rate was fair. The application process was reasonable and it took two weeks only because there was some snag from my old property that was out of their control and had nothing to do with Jersey Mortgage. But they helped me through fixing it up. The people at Jersey Mortgage were always available to answer my questions or concerns and they really went the extra mile. They were excellent and they deserve the positive press.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you Sameer for the nice review of Al Perez and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company - We wish you the very best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: May 8, 2018

We originally got our first mortgage through Jersey Mortgage and they were excellent so we went back and streamlined our refinance just as well, and it was great. We applied online, submitted all of the documentation, and everything was done electronically. Then we had the closing and that was done on the 24th. It was also the first time we saw anyone physically. It was a 30-day process and we got the wire transferred three business days later. It was perfect streamlining. I like everything electronically and the electronic signatures. I like the speediness, the quickness, and effectiveness of it.

Gina was our loan officer and she was amazing. She was very informative about the laws, the debt to ratio percentages, and the loan rates. She was very informative about everything in the real estate process, even with some questions that the processor probably should have been answering. I email and call her and she responds right back so she’s very responsive too. She could also ask you the pre-application questions that need to be answered before you even apply so, she had us ready. When it was time to go, we were ready to go. Then we had Maria, who was the processor. Every step that it went on, we had a new person and all of them were excellent, very detail-oriented and very professional. The rates and terms were good. Originally, we have 4.0% and then we got 4.5%. We bought our points so we stayed where we were.

Jersey Mortgage was exceptional and I would definitely refer them to another friend. My husband applied with another company before we decided to go back with Jersey Mortgage and he didn’t like them at all. And then that’s why I said, “Let’s just go back to Gina.” We’re never gonna go anywhere else. Every time we need something done, we’ll definitely go back to Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Such a nice review, Keisha and we will be sure to share it with Gina and her team at Jersey Mortgage. Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: May 6, 2018

I wanted to get a house to settle down in. With Jersey Mortgage’s application process, all the documents are now online. However, there were too much paperwork and too many background checks but the whole process took 10 days, so it was good. Bruce, my loan officer was beyond excellent as well. Anytime my son or I had a question about something we did not understand, Bruce gave an explanation. I was most impressed by the way Bruce reacted and the way he communicated. Bruce answered all the questions and always responded genuinely politely. He knew what the call was for. He called me on the phone and emailed me, and when something was urgent, he texted me. However, the rate was 4.75% and that was my biggest concern. I thought I could get a little better like 4.25% or 4.50%. Nevertheless, the whole Jersey Mortgage team was good and everything was excellent.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Paresh for the feedback - we agree that the mortgage process can sometimes be overbearing and we work every day to improve that part of the transaction for our customers. We will be sure to share your kind words with Bruce and his team.

Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: May 5, 2018

I'm a first time home buyer and a friend, who was already working with Jersey Mortgage, told me that it would be good if I go with them, so I did. The application process was good and it took two and a half months. When you get in the house the first time and the people are gonna be helping you a lot, you appreciate them. I feel wonderful.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thanks, Anny for the review and warm congratulations on the closing of your new home! Wishing you many years of happiness.

Pete Kenny

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: May 4, 2018

I'm a first time home buyer and I had a great experience with Jersey Mortgage. The interactions with the loan officers were good. They stood to their task until the end. However, the process took four months and the rates were a little high. But I'm satisfied with Jersey Mortgage and I'd tell friends to go ahead with them.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My real estate agent recommended Jersey Mortgage to me and I had a very good experience with them. I had a 30-day fixed loan program with them, and while it was easy applying to them up until the underwriting started, it became more complicated after. There was a lot of paperwork and they made sure all the T's were crossed. It would have been better if there was a way to have a good checklist of everything that you're gonna need all at once. When I was closing my loan, they got on the phone with my lawyer. If there was an issue, they were very responsive. They took turns to tell me what I needed and to be in touch with the other parties. We would do a three-way call and pretty much whatever it took to get things done.

If I called Kim, my loan officer, and she was on the other line, she would call me back right away. Then she would send me an email and we would walk through what she was actually asking me if I wasn't sure and explained exactly what I needed to do step-by-step. It's hard to listen when you're working and it's a lot to do when you're in the middle of a job, so she just breaks it down. We got the congratulatory letter and you have this feeling that you’re done but you’re not. So they should communicate the parts where we still need a few hurdles to go through.

Other than that, the rates were very good and we got a 4.25%. All banks do this and then you get a certain rate for a certain time. I would have liked not to have to pay an extra fee to increase the rate but John, who was Kim’s boss, pointed out to me that if the rate has not gone up, it’s less of an issue with the bank. But when those have gone up, you gotta pay the fee so no complaints there. Overall, I would recommend Jersey Mortgage and will use them again.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I was connected with Jersey Mortgage through Zulu and I ended up sticking with them throughout the entire mortgage process. I got a conventional loan to purchase a home and the whole process took 20 days. They required all my financials and affidavits if I had large deposits in my account. They also required proof of all the money I had on hand and any potential income that I would be having in the future. Garth, my loan officer, was extremely responsive when I had questions about certain forms or documents that they would send over for me to sign and how one document relates to another.

I ended up with the market rate at that time so I was fine with it. I have a couple of colleagues that are looking to buy in New Jersey and I told them that Jersey Mortgage made the home-buying process extremely easy and personalized. They made it feel like you’re receiving their individual attention. And so, I’ve recommended that they use Jersey Mortgage throughout their buying process.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank you, Robert for writing such a nice review and referring your colleagues to Jersey Mortgage too!!

We wish you the very best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 29, 2018

We were first time home buyers and a friend recommended us to Jersey Mortgage. We also heard that they were a great avenue to get a portable rate on a good mortgage. Our rep Scott was really great. He was really informative and had the great ability to break things down on all the steps and process to a first time home buyer. He was also very responsive with all of our inquiries and he was always available. He was very helpful through the whole way. He was very relatable and has a very light mood and we were very comfortable with him. Everything was good and it was a great experience. The application went very smoothly and we got a great rate. Everything was digital and it was accessible. All the eSignature went smoothly and we didn't have any long waiting period in any other process. With the underwriting process, everything took 15 days. It has been a quick, responsive and a very friendly service.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thanks, Greg for taking the time to write a nice review about Scott and his team at Jersey Mortgage Company - we especially appreciate your entrusting us for your first home purchase!

Best of luck in your new home

Thanks again

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 28, 2018

I was buying a condominium and Jersey Mortgage was recommended by my real estate agent. The application process was very invasive although that may be the industry and not them. It took 30 days and my interactions with the loan officer went fine. If I had questions or concerns that needed resolution, he did it on the phone with me. He would call me back within an hour or so. However, I didn’t like the rate I received because they considered it as an investment property since I own the property already and I wound up paying more with the annual rate. It was like a one-point premium.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We're selling our house and trying to buy a new house, from a two-bedroom house to a house with four bedrooms since we have a family of four, having two children. We looked into a mortgage with Jersey Mortgage as our real estate agent highly suggested them and we like the real estate agent. However, I ended up not being happy with the process of obtaining the mortgage. I think that part was great if I'm setting it up. But after I got passed off, we had a lot of issues.

We talked to Cathy who gave us all the loan information and who I really liked. She was great and was on top of the ball. But when it went to processing, which was the next step, we went to Kim. She lost my documents that we had sent. They asked for the documents again and that was very frustrating since that was really close to closing. She ended up being where the issues really were. When it seemed to get passed to her, it became a very not pleasant experience. They also miscalculated something which ended up being an issue on closing too. And I felt like we ended up with a higher interest rate because of all that shenanigans.

Kim should not lose documents. Also, they should answer my emails or calls. Usually, I would email Kim, but there wouldn’t be an answer for a day and a half. Cathy would end up emailing me back and apologizing for Kim. Cathy got shingles in the middle of the process and was still answering my emails, but Kim wasn’t. It was very frustrating. I called them to see what was happening and then they asked for some things, I sent them something and then they said that it was not what they wanted. So, I told them that they have to be more specific. If it wasn’t so late in the process, we would’ve not used Jersey Mortgage and went to Quicken Loans where I looked into in the early process.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Hi Dennis: We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Rest assured, we will address your concerns when reviewing what took place on your loan and how we can improve the process going forward. We humbly apologize for the service level you experienced here as it is not the way Jersey Mortgage is accustomed to.

Congratulations on the closing and best wishes in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 26, 2018

I was looking into a mortgage to buy a house and was referred to Jersey Mortgage. I went with their first-time home buyer loan program and that was a journey. It was a process of getting through everything that they asked for and I had to get things over and over, but in the end it worked out. I just have to submit. The process took time but it was good because it's also tough with us to go through as a full-time buyer. Still, Jersey Mortgage could do better by letting their clients know when they have received the things that they asked from them. Sometimes Jersey Mortgage gets the email, yet they don't call to say they received it and the client had to call Jersey Mortgage to ask if they did. And when Jersey Mortgage gets the email, it ends up going to the junk. They need to improve in that area.

When I have to sit down, I have more than one person attending to me. One of them was really there for me. She made sure she called if I got to the email, or I would call or text her. She checks to see if I had a person getting the email and she checks to see if I'm fine and if I'm getting things done. I could only get things done during my days off, so I had to tell them to let me know if I need something. Being a first time buyer, I don't know much about the market rate. The way how I work, it could have been lower but that'll be fine for me. All things would work enough for good.

Jersey Mortgage Co. response

Thank, Camiscia for the review and highlighting some of the areas in which Jersey Mortgage needs to pay attention to - we'll address your concerns in our weekly management meeting and work to improve that aspect of the process.

Best of luck to you in your new home!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 25, 2018

I went with Jersey Mortgage's 30-year fixed loan program and the process was all right. Their people were very informative and very helpful with the paperwork. And they need to be. They had everything highlighted and they were very prepared. My loan officer had late hours. I would go there at night and told her I was having trouble with paperwork and she was open late. She was very accommodating and I would use her again. There was a hold up on the seller and it wasn't the mortgage company's or anybody else's fault, so there was nothing we could do about that. When Jersey Mortgage did the title and it came up a lien against the property, the process took another few days. Jersey Mortgage's rate was a little bit higher than I thought I would receive, but it was very competitive. I would use Jersey Mortgage again if I had to.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Jersey Mortgage gets things done. We are doing investments in the Jersey City area and we looked into a mortgage. We have worked with Jersey Mortgage in the past and the experience has been great. Chris, our loan officer, helped us with a lot of our other investment mortgages. He’s very good in communication. You call him and he would pick it up. I can text and e-mail him, and he’s very responsive. I’ve worked with him for five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable working with him.

We are pretty familiar with the process of obtaining mortgage. I know what documents usually the mortgage company would need. We usually have them ready. I would talk to Chris saying these are the products we’re looking for and ask what kind of rates is available. If we’re good with the rates or like the rates, then we just go ahead. Then I would send over all the documents. Chris would review them and let us know.

The application process was very good. We got delayed but it was on our side. But usually the application and underwriting take within 45 days. It’s much better and improved really well over the past. It’s electronic now. You can sign online paperwork so it’s great. Before, there was a lot of mailing documents and then you have to sign the document in the back. But I would recommend that rates be locked for a longer period of time, like 60 or 90 days, and they should be very clear about it. Maybe that would help. Earlier, we would discuss some rate but then it would change after a while.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I got a referral for Jersey Mortgage and I ended up going with a conventional loan. Their application process was simple and easy to understand, and it was quick. The underwriting process took about two months. We could have gotten some of those things looked at a little faster because it was a short sale and we kept passing the extension date. We lucked up, got another extension date and we closed the day before the third extension date.

The customer service was amazing. The representatives were very friendly and knowledgeable, and were always in contact. Their communication skills were great and I really appreciate that they never kept me in the dark about anything. They reach back to me very quickly if ever I had a question or a concern. They would either email me back an answer or call me, and they even use their cellphones. They work from home on the snow days and they work on the weekends. I felt very comfortable working with my loan officer, Gina, and I felt like I knew her. I love her. However, the rates could have been a little better and more competitive. But I referred Jersey Mortgage to my sister and now, she’s in the process of trying to attend an in-house with them.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by a real estate agent. I got a commercial loan, so it's a little bit higher, but with what I was told by others, Jersey's rate was good. And I believe if I was with somebody else, I couldn’t do it and I would not have gotten a mortgage. The application process was nice and smooth, and I didn’t have to worry about everything. Whatever paperwork they needed, I supplied and they took care of everything else. I worked with Denise and Sharon, and they knew what they were doing. I had no clue about the whole process, and they gave me good guidance. It wasn’t fast, but my case was very challenging so they did well. They're very professional and they went through it with no issues. I had a great experience and I'm very happy, and if I have to, I'm going to use Jersey Mortgage again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was looking into getting a mortgage for a new home purchase and I wanted to first see what would be in my price range. So, I went to the bank, got preapproved and then I shopped around. I asked a lot of friends and family who have used different lenders and my real estate agent recommended Jersey Mortgage. I contacted them and they were super friendly and had the lowest rate. They were the most helpful when it came to walking me through the mortgage process. They explained what each document was needed for and why I was throwing out certain documents. The application process was definitely straightforward and super easy to follow.

From start to finish, the application and underwriting process took two months. The loan officer was super friendly and super courteous. She explained every document that I was going to be signing and why I was signing it. Overall, she made it a very pleasurable experience. The rate was very competitive and there wasn’t any surprise fees that came up in the process either.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I decided to purchase a property and my realtor who’s a long-time friend of the family recommended Jersey Mortgage. I did a conventional loan with them. And the rate and terms were fair and accurate. I submitted various information, my annual taxes, employment, Social Security number, date of birth, current employment status, and current salary. Our mortgage rep came up with a loan amount and then I bought out a property.

Our rep was very informative and helpful, and he answered any questions that I had and confusions that I came across. He was really good about breaking things down for me. Additionally, it was a two-year process and he would call frequently to check and see where I was in the process of purchasing a home if I came up with anything. He would also update my loan approval if and whenever my salary would change. I’ve already made a recommendation to a friend of mine. I gave her the direct number to my mortgage rep and told her how informative he is.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We were renting a house and it has been very expensive so I thought I'd rather pay a mortgage than continue to pay someone else. Our real estate agent then referred us to Jersey Mortgage and their process was quick and painless. Everything was well explained and I didn’t feel left out of the process at all. A lot of the application process was online. They wanted a lot of information and I was able to send those electronically. They looked into our credit and income and they told us that there were a few things that we needed to address on our credit report.

They then referred us to somebody to help us clean up our credit report. That process was quick and painless, too, and after that, it was a matter of finding the right loan. We were pre-approved within a month. They were also very clear about closing costs. And the surprises came from switching from a VA loan to an FHA. Seven days before the closing day, we found out I wasn’t getting a VA loan because the I way I was discharged from the military prevents me from getting a loan. So, we had to start the FHA loan process which was almost starting over again. And it could’ve gone really bad but it went well.

Our loan officer was amazing. This has been the biggest purchase I've made and my wife and I were guardedly optimistic through the entire process because we were worried and she walked us through the entire process and showed us that things were possible. She was good at getting back to me when I texted or emailed. Even when things got a little tight between switching loans, she was very clear about getting back to me. When she didn't have an answer she'd tell me that she didn't have an answer and then she would give me when she'd get back to me. It made us feel very comfortable because she was very responsive. They also gave us an app called The Mortgage Coach so that we were able to look how everything was. The whole process took 90 days.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was recommended by a friend. I was going for a mortgage with a prior company but they were jerking me around. I had all the paperwork and all the qualifications and then I went to Jersey and got the mortgage. The application was simple and quick, and I felt comfortable working with Randy, my loan officer. The rates and terms of the mortgage were good. Overall, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was perfect and they were very professional.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I got a regular mortgage from Jersey. They were recommended by a real estate agent. My loan officer was pleasant, and the rate was okay. I was hoping for it to be lower but it wasn’t a big issue. And the prime at that time was a 4.2 or 5. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I’ve had a home prior to moving. I moved to Pennsylvania and purchased a home and I moved back to New Jersey. So I wasn’t planning on renting for so long. Marcus, from Jersey Mortgage, was referred to me by my sister who used him on two of her prior home purchases. So I had reached out to him and I said, “Before I go to the whole home loan process are you able to assist me to see if I’m even qualified?” And he was happy to do so. The credit report came back and he was like, “Okay. Well, this is what you should do.” He walked me through how to actually improve my credit score before we actually moved forward so that I would get the best rate.

I had his cell phone and it didn’t matter what time of the day or if it's a weekend, I would call or text him. He immediately either answered the phone or responded back via text. I felt extremely comfortable. I would refer Marcus to anyone. He was probably the most patient person in the whole process. I even asked questions that weren’t related to loans, not related to the home and he was able to provide me guidance there as well, being a homeowner in New Jersey. So because I only owned a home at PA and a lot of things were different he was able to give me some information and if he didn’t have the information he would look it up and send it to me or provide me with someone else to call that would be able to help me.

Also Marcus was very objective. He’s very fair and he’ll tell you, “Maybe now isn’t a great time,” or “Yeah. Sure, jump in and go for it.” He always gives the pros and cons of everything. He doesn’t push you to do something that he doesn’t really think that you might be ready for. He’s very honest. I got a FHA loan and the process was very simple and they were very hands-on so I didn’t really have to do much during the initial application. It was just a very smooth process. It was actually a lot smoother than my first mortgage. As long as you can read and follow directions, you should have no problems navigating through what’s needed and then if you have any questions they have a whole team assigned to you. So you can always get someone regardless of the time of the day, which is amazing.

The negotiation part was what held some things up for a little while. But it wasn’t even long because they have a process where they ask you everything upfront. You provide the information and then once the deal is actually sealed with the sellers of the home, it just takes off from there because all the docs were lined up, just waiting to push the button out. It was just a couple of times where if they asked for a document, someone else would ask the same document. And I’m like, “Well, I already gave it.“ And they’re like, “Oh, okay.” was wonderful. Also I’ve been watching the market and doing my research and I definitely got a fair rate.

Jersey Mortgage Company expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage loan company services New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Connecticut. The company provides a variety of mortgage products, including VA and FHA loans as well as customized loans to meet most borrowers needs.

• In-house processing: This company processes its loans in one of its three New Jersey offices instead of outsourcing the work. This gives them greater control over their rates and fees charged than online brokers.

• Informational resources: The company's website features guides and calculators for homebuyers and people who are refinancing. These help consumers learn how much they can afford or find out how much they can save by buying instead of renting.

• Simple to start: Consumers fill out a short form online to have a loan officer contact them or set up a meeting at one of several branch locations.

• LendRIGHT Seal of Excellence: They have earned the LendRIGHT™ seal of excellence, a designation that shows they value relationships, information, guidance, honesty and trust. Only lenders who meet specific criteria can use the LendRIGHT seal.

• Assistance for first-time homebuyers: The company helps people get assistance from the state of New Jersey through the First Time Home Buyer Program.

• Best for: people who need loan customization, those who want in-person attention and first-time homebuyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner

Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information