toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Janis - thank you!!

We will be sure to share your kinds words with Cari and her team and wish you great health and happiness in the future.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 23, 2017

Jersey Mortgage is the best mortgage company I've ever worked with. I was referred to them by a realtor friend of mine who thought that the head person that was working on my situation, Cari, would be a great fit for me. Cari was knowledgeable, friendly, caring and she understood situations. She had a great personal touch to the way she handled everything for me. My approval process was done very quickly. When I gave her what she requested, the result was there. I had cancer in the past and there was a change in my income because of the illness, so we had to show my income in different years because of the illness whereas most people wouldn’t. I had to get letters from physicians to say why I had a flip in income at certain times in my life.

I already had worked with another mortgage company and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I have a mortgage with the best going rate and these people didn’t even want to touch me because it was going to be a little bit more work because I had cancer. One of them told me he could only get me a mortgage at 8% and I have 4.3. The biggest thing for Jersey is not just the business, it's the fact that they remember it’s a person and their home. Jersey Mortgage was awesome and I've already referred them to other people.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Another nice review for the JMC team!! Thanks,Yefry for taking the time to submit it - we appreciate it

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

A friend bought a house and he recommended me to Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to their rep and I thought it was good. Their team was very knowledgeable and professional as well. They bring hope for me in buying a new house. So far, I have no complaints and I had a pretty good experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a great review of our team at JMC, Jean and we appreciate it very much. Best of luck to you in your new home!!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Jersey Mortgage made things happen for me. I needed to find a home so that my kids can get in school by September so I was up against time. I spoke with my realtor and he gave me a couple of mortgage companies. I was looking for a quick service and a good rate. Since my realtor already had experience with Jersey Mortgage and he had good things to say about them, I went along with that. And I am very pleased with the excellent interaction I had with Jersey Mortgage. They were prompt and ready to listen at any moment in time. They were also very straightforward as far as what mortgage options are available. They responded to what I needed and addressed my concerns. My experience with Jersey Mortgage was very pleasant and memorable in a positive way. I would certainly recommend them again.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Cheers, Greg on the recent closing of your home loan with Jersey Mortgage Company and thank you for submitting a review of our team. Best of luck to you in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Jersey Mortgage made the home buying process very convenient. They were very personable and they took the time to know me. They were knowledgeable about what they were talking about which is unlike other places where they didn't necessarily take the time to put effort in what they are doing. That led me down that route even if they had a slightly higher rate.

Their mortgage consultant was experienced. I had the basic discussions with her and set some things up. After that, there are another few people on the team that helped handle the process in terms of getting everything I needed to get the mortgage through. They were very knowledgeable compared to other people that I spoke to and they weren’t pressuring me to make any sort of decisions. The guidance I got from them was accurate and helpful. Going through Jersey Mortgage was a great experience. I wish I had a better rate but the service was great and that made me stick with them. I was very satisfied and I’d definitely recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Congratulations on your recent closing, Jesse!!

Thanks for writing a nice review of JMC - we appreciate it very much

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was looking at different loan options for myself and stumbled on to FHA, so then I Googled FHA specialization in New Jersey and Jersey Mortgage was the first one to come up. They had really good reviews and I've never heard of that type of loan before. Plus, the loan officer I spoke to was really informative and helpful and I liked him, so I stuck with them. He always answered my phone calls and that’s important to me. He always returned any correspondence and he’s very on top of that. Also, the guidance I got was very helpful and straightforward. Overall, I had a very positive experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Nelson for your time and effort in writing some nice words about the experience you recently had with Jersey Mortgage Company. Best of luck to you in your new home!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My realtor has worked with Jersey Mortgage before so I just chose to work with them as well to make it easier for her. They’re actually a good group. The guys at Jersey Mortgage were very professional and patient. They made the experience much easier for me. My loan officer went above and beyond and made sure that everything gets done in a timely manner. I also got excellent guidance from them with my mortgage decisions. They're doing a great job and should keep it up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Congratulations of your recent home loan purchase, Bonface - we wish you tremendous happiness in your new home.

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with JMC - we really appreciate it

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The rep from Jersey Mortgage, Gina, helped me out all the way through the process. She contacted me back then and at that time, my credit was not good. So they have to look if they are okay with it and get back to me, but it took some time. Then when I found out I was paying rent for $2000 and a couple of my friends were paying mortgage $2300 and $2500, I went back to Gina and talked to her.

That was from November or December last year and it went pretty quick because she had to advise me when to add some credit and which ones to clear. She was checking on the email and explained everything to me. She also sent me the deed terms and said that I have to call back any time if I had any questions. Then when I was ready to call back, she answered my phone. Gina played the biggest role. She did a great deal and without her, this would be impossible. Jersey Mortgage is a fantastic company that helps people in all ways. They will fix any issues you have and help you through the process until you get through it. I have to recommend Jersey Mortgage to anybody who wants to buy a house.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We agree that the mortgage process is a complicated one and we are always very prepared to answer any of our client's questions. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review abour Blanca and her team - we wish you tremendous success in your new home

Regards

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I have a friend who’s a broker and she referred me to Jersey Mortgage. I then spoke with an agent and she told me how well they work, and that they’re quick and accurate. That gave me an idea on the type of things I like that mortgage companies have. They don’t sit around waiting for things to just come up. There’s consistency with them as well as with the agent I was working with.

My agent was very professional and she helped me out in many ways. I didn’t know too much about mortgage at the moment and she taught me a lot, she’s extremely knowledgeable. She also gave me her phone number if I needed any help and she actually got on the phone for about two hours breaking down this stuff and assisting with any question that I had. There were times that I’ve called her a little bit late at night to ask a question and she was very helpful. I also had two other Jersey Mortgage people help me out. Overall, they’ve been very professional and polite even when asked a lot of questions.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Congratulations on your recent closing, Andrew - we will be sure to share your nice note with Scott and his team at JMC. Thanks for taking the time to submit the nice review

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was buying a new home and I was referred to Jersey Mortgage through my real estate agent. Scott was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and great at getting back to me. I’m buying two homes so it was complicated because I’m doing multiple things at the same time, but he was very good at looking at different options and programs that are out there to help make it work. Overall, it’s been a really good experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi Irene - Congratulations on your recent home purchase - we hope you are enjoying your new home and appreciate your sharing how your experience went with regard to the mortgage process - we will also be sure to share your kind words with Maggie and her team.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I had used Jersey Mortgage for a previous home purchase and I had bought a new home on May 26th. The rep we were dealing with named Maggie was wonderful. She’s very responsive and explained everything very thoroughly. She also did a lot of hand-holding for us during the whole process so we liked it a lot about her. Also, the guidance she provided was excellent. The process went very quickly and she got us a very good rate as well. All in all, the experience was fast and reliable.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Tyrone for the nice words below!! Congratulations to you on your recent closing - we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Jersey Mortgage Company was honest, helpful and everything that was promised they delivered. No surprises, I received a great rate & the closing fees were not excessive. I would refer friends and family to Jersey Mortgage. When I purchase future homes I will use Jersey Mortgage.

My wife spoke with Jersey Mortgage and they gave us a mortgage for the house and the opportunity to own our first home. They were fair, knowledgeable of the deal, and can do fast. I was comfortable making decision through the guidance I received from them and I can recommend them to a friend.

Our experience with Jersey Mortgage was challenging not knowing what to expect during the process. Because we never owned property but everyone was professional working to the finish line in the process. The communication line was always open explaining every step during the process. GREAT EXPERIENCE FROM START TO FINISH!

My realtor got me in touch with Randy of Jersey Mortgage. He was helpful. Every time I called him he always picked up. If not he would text me back, "Leandro we'll call you right back. Give me a minute. I'm in a meeting." He did his job for the most part and did well in discussing our mortgage and our options. The only thing that I didn't like about Jersey Mortgage was they never sat down us down on everything that we would send. Randy did once and gave us a list of everything that we needed and everything that we needed to do. They knew everything that we needed to do from the beginning but no one gave me that list. It was, "Oh, do this and then do this." The process would have gone quicker if they gave me a list of stuff to do and figure out whether it would be my payment. I had to give my statements many times via email and they were working with different people.

I would have five different people contact me and my wife to get information and it was like they were rushing me and gave me a couple of minutes to get the stuff done. It was like they wanted my contractor to get a million dollar insurance plan when my house wasn't even worth over a million dollars. They have to call and do that. Also, they made me resend a lot of things to the point that we had a packet of whenever they ask us to send something we would send the whole packet plus whatever they ask us to send. That frustrated me the most because they were rushing us but if they would have given me the nitty-gritty list we would have gone smoothly and been done within the first week.

I was upset and it was like, "Why do they want so many things? We just gave them that." Different people were working on it and some of them didn't have the stuff. We kept resending the stuff instead of dealing with one person or me dealing with two people that work together. Dealing with Jersey Mortgage for three months was a long time. My little brother purchased a house and it took him 32 days to complete the whole process for him to him living in the house. I understand we had a different loan but it should not have taken that long. But they got me my house and they're renovating on it.

My fianceé and I decided to buy a house together and Jersey was the best mortgage provider that worked for us based on our background. They catered to us after doing a lot of research and going through all of our information. We had a couple of options for a mortgage with them and these were discussed thoroughly. Throughout the process, Jersey Mortgage team was coaching us on what to do and what to get. They were really good.

Based on my credit card usage, I needed to get my credit up a couple of points to qualify for the mortgage. Jersey referred me to a specialist and we had that done. They were very helpful. But there was an 18-year-old judgment against me of which I had no idea. I was willing to put it in an escrow to get the mortgage done but Jersey had issues in accepting it. It was unfortunate that it was out of my control and that delayed the mortgage process for about two weeks. Still, Jersey made an exception and I was able to get the mortgage. Our experience with Jersey was very positive and I'd recommend them.

We came to Jersey Mortgage through our realtor. We stayed with them mostly due to time constraints. The Jersey reps were very friendly and helpful. They’ve gone through a bunch of options with us and they’re very quick to respond to questions when we needed them to. Overall, we had difficulties but, ultimately, they were very helpful.

I knew the Jersey Mortgage rep whom we used through mutual friends and old business partners. Because I thought he was trustworthy, we decided to use them even though we were more than qualified to go through a normal bank. That rep was our loan officer but in hindsight, I don't think we would have used their company. The guidance I received when they discussed our mortgage options with us was vague. Things were explained to us such that we took out a rental loan with them as well. Still, they made everything sound like it was going to be simple and easy. Furthermore, Jersey Mortgage dropped the ball more than once. We would send in things that they asked for and they would lose those things and ask us to send them again. They would set up appointments and we would show up then they wouldn't remember setting up the appointment.

The biggest issue we had was that they didn't lock the interest rate when we submitted the paperwork. And so, our mortgage rate is substantially higher than normal rates. That left a really bad taste. Jersey Mortgage's rep had us between a rock and a hard place because we were already so deep into the transaction of the home. We didn't want to lose the house because it was a great value. At the same time, we couldn't afford to backtrack and use somebody else. We know what the current mortgage rates are going for and we could have gone to a bank and gotten the cheapest rate possible. I was loyal to a fault with Jersey's loan officer and we got burned.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, John for taking the time to write some kind words about your experience with Jersey Mortgage. We will be sure to share them with Rich and his team that worked on your loan. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I was working with Quicken Loans and my realtor said to try Jersey Mortgage. He has worked with them before and they were very helpful. Richard, the loan processor, seemed a helpful man and I got his trust through the conversation. He explained to me where my credit was and what I needed to do to be able to qualify for the mortgage. He also explained different types of houses, the two family opposed to a one family. I could have gotten more money because of the income. I got the house and it was a rehab house so we got it for cheap and wanted to refinance, once did figure prices, it will appraise for a lot more. I may have become a pain in the neck to them but they were very good. Richard and Kim were helpful. Great experience and great people. I'd recommend to a friend.

The only thing that was difficult and I'm still dealing with is not even with Jersey Mortgage but when they sold the mortgage over to Plaza in between the checks being paid to my contractor. I'm going two months when my contract hasn't been paid. When I did the closing I misunderstood however it was that that money was an escrow account with Jersey Mortgage. And then when Jersey sold the mortgage it went to this other place and now they want all these paperwork and I have the contractors calling me every day.

Resolution In Progress

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you for taking the time to post the review - While the words are diffucult for us to read, we will re-engage and try to improve upon our processes so that this type of experience is not duplicated. We apologize for your mortgage experience and wish you the best of luck in your new home.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We went with our realtor's reference, which was Jersey Mortgage, as she thought they were the best ones to do the job. But once they got us in the door, were left standing. The first point of contact was supplying documents then being asked for the documents. When all the documents were there, someone else thought they were not sure. It was messy. They were not knowledgeable and in terms of keeping trace of documents, they lacked a point of contact. The last person who we dealt with was more or less willing to work.

The different departments need to communicate so once they give point A the documents and then when it gets to point B then there should be a liaison between the people so that they know that the documents are there or they should liaison with each other so they know what point they are at. It gets frustrating for the customer when they know that they provided the documents and then ask for them again. I would not recommend Jersey Mortgage.

I'm a first-time home buyer and my attorney referred me to Scott, one of the guys that worked for Jersey Mortgage. The rates were definitely lower at other places, but Scott was helping me out so I wanted to give him the business. The reps were very friendly and knowledgeable and the guidance we were provided was very clear and concise as to what we had to do and it was all laid out for us. Overall, my experience was very, very good. They were very helpful and available.

I inquired in two places and Jersey Mortgage gave me a better rate for the property purchase. Their team was friendly and knowledgeable, and the guy I worked with was detail-oriented. He explained everything to me and guided me as to what would be best for me which was pretty helpful. I already recommended them to my friends.

I’m a first time home buyer and Chris from Jersey Mortgage was very knowledgeable, thoughtful and considerate. He explained everything thoroughly and gave us plenty of time to get our paperwork together. He always answered the phone and returned calls. I can call any time of the day and he was available. He also guided me step-by-step on what I needed to do, what was expected of me and what the deliverables were and benchmarks when it will take place. The accessibility was there and that's what got me through most of it. And as far as the closing, my experience was definitely a lot easier than I had anticipated.

I was buying a house and needed mortgage. A friend of mine referred Jersey Mortgage. The guidance I received when discussing my options was good. I got a house and a good rate, and Jersey Mortgage did everything right.

My friend, a realtor, recommended to me Jersey Mortgage. A lot of mortgage companies take you for a ride so, I got burnt before in the past. My first time was with Crown Funding. Learning about mortgages, the rep that I spoke to took me for a ride. I spent a lot of money, by thousands, that I didn't have to spend. So, I know what to look for the second time around and I did my homework online. I contacted Jersey Mortgage for a refinance and spoke to Kathy who was very educated, which to me is very important. She answered the right questions so, I went ahead with them.

She's the best that I spoke to out of all the companies that I've talked to. With other people, it's just business but with Kathy, I could tell she really cares. She explained things thoroughly, helped me throughout the way and didn't leave me out to dry. Jersey Mortgage was not the cheapest but Kathy was very fair and everything was black and white so I knew what I was going for. I'd rather pay the little extra rather than saving money but not knowing what I'd get on the back end. It was a very satisfying experience with Jersey Mortgage and I've recommended them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

What a nice review, Jesus - thank you!! Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience - best of luck to you!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: June 28, 2017

One of my friends told me about Jersey Mortgage and when I talked to them, they explained to me everything that I wanted to hear. The way they explained things and the way they helped me was kind of why I got the mortgage. Otherwise, I would've bought the house in cash. They were very knowledgeable and very educating. Also, I do a lot of businesses with a lot of different people because I own my own company and the reps at Jersey Mortgage are the first guys that I ever found very professional. The interest rate was very good, too. I will recommend Jersey Mortgage to my friends if they start looking for houses. That's how happy I am.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write some nice words about JMC and it's staff - we appreciate your trust as well.

Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: June 27, 2017

My realtor deals with Jersey Mortgage and had a very good experience so it was good to keep everything together so that she could deal with them. The reps from Jersey Mortgage were knowledgeable and thorough. Every single time I had an issue, they were there to help me resolve it. It was a hard process and they made it very bearable. They explained what my payments and rates were going to be and what they were going to try to get for me. It's been an excellent experience overall.

Jersey Mortgage Co. was recommended to us. We spoke with their rep and she was awesome. She explained both types of loans to us. My wife and I talked about it and then decided on what we thought was the best, which was an FHA loan for our first house. We got a spreadsheet of everything that we needed to have and had all of the requirements done. We chipped away at everything and had everything that they needed in early. We were calling the rep all the time with questions and they were great. It was a smooth process. It could be a little overwhelming at times but we were on top of things so it went really well.

I’m a realtor broker and I’ve been working with Jersey Mortgage for over two years now. Quick and timely closing, everything is on point and the loan officer is great. We always talk and I send her clients all the time. She gave me everything she needed to close the loan, did everything and we closed it. There were no headaches. It's been an excellent experience. I’m very happy and I will recommend. This loan was not an easy one however she made it look easy.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Carol for taking the time to write a nice review about Brian and his team at JMC. We pride ourselves in being responsive at all times to our clients during the mortgage process, which we agree can be quite daunting. Thank you for your trust and we wish you the best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: June 16, 2017

I googled mortgage companies in New Jersey and Jersey Mortgage was the first one that came up. I contacted different mortgage companies, but my phone call with Brian who was the loan officer from Jersey Mortgage was the best, so I proceeded to stay with them. He was extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable. He filled me up with information and even though the conversation was about 20 minutes, I didn’t get that with any other company. He said the process could be a lot of time and it was exactly how he said it would be - that it would go from step one to step five. And if I couldn’t reach anyone else, he would always give me a call back quickly even if it had nothing to do with him. I didn’t have to wait a long time without hearing from someone which was good. Everyone else at Jersey Mortgage was very knowledgeable and very understanding.

Gina, the girl who’s handling my case in Jersey Mortgage is very nice but they take too long to process the mortgage. I have a mortgage for one family house and I also changed the mortgage with the second house. It’s been five weeks for the second one. Also, with regards to pricing, for one family house, they sent a charge of $400 and then changed it to $550 because they charge more if it’s a rental property even though they do the same kind of job. They design the price so whatever they tell you, you have to pay.

Jersey Mortgage have different people calling me. Somebody called me today and they want me to describe the way the property is. Then they call me five times for different reasons. But so far, they’re not telling me the date. On the first mortgage, I even had to go to the IRS to get the transcripts for the income tax because otherwise, it’s taking forever. They say the IRS would not respond. Right now, I only deal with Jersey Mortgage but I’m disappointed because it takes forever to do things.

I dealt with Jersey Mortgage before and I contacted them to buy a primary residence. The people I’m dealing with are very good. The team makes me understand the seriousness as well as the best way to approach, how they put money to my package, and the type of paperwork.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile