Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With roots dating back to 1938, Jersey Mortgage Company has worked with thousands of families to help them achieve their refinancing, second home, and first time homebuyer dreams. We proudly offer competitive and flexible home loan options and provide each individual with personalized service.

Because Jersey Mortgage is a direct lender, we are able to offer programs such as direct in-house underwriting, FHA, USDA, VA, First Time Home Buyers, and other home loan programs that other companies aren’t able to provide. With a majority of our staff having worked with our company for ten or more years we are able to ensure that we will provide you with the best service possible.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

430 Jersey Mortgage Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Scott was extremely professional throughout the entire process. He worked tirelessly and it didn't matter if it was 6am or 10pm. Scott would always answer our questions promptly and was super honest. He went above and beyond at all times. My husband and I are super impressed with his professionalism, respect, and work ethic. Scott is very easy to understand and communicate with. Very approachable person with an upbeat personality. Hands down a true gem in his field!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

During our home purchase, my wife and I had a wonderful experience working with our loan officer Marcus ** and his team at Jersey Mortgage. Marcus worked around the clock to meet our closing date set during the initial loan process. Marcus was very Professional and efficient by being consistent throughout the whole process.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

As a 1st time home buyer I must say that Marcus ** and his team at Jersey Mortgage made it a breeze. Not only did he help me find a great realtor to view properties, he also helped me find the best and most affordable lawyer to facilitate the closing process between myself and the seller. Marcus truly went above and beyond anything I could have even dreamed of from a mortgage lender. He explained the entire process to me in detail and told me about my loan options, at no point did I feel confused as he answered all of my questions very diligently. Kim ** the relationship manager was also super awesome, she even accommodated my 14 hour time difference when I went to Japan for almost a month to keep moving the completion of the loan documents and the closing forward (she totally helped me w/my difficult mother in facilitating her portion of the documents as well).

This team truly works for your very best interests and I already know who will help me with my next home purchase as well as friends and family home purchases in the future. Please if you want to minimize the stress of home buying and get the greatest help to walk you through the entire process, then you must see Marcus ** at Jersey Mortgage, you will not regret it!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

It was my first time buying a house and somebody who I knew went through Jersey Mortgage and introduced them. There were a lot of steps to go through to get the mortgage. They wanted information about my job, how long I’ve been there, and if I am still there. Then about dealing with my child support, I had to get all that situated. Also one time, they told me they needed bank statements. I sent the bank statements, but they told me they weren't good. So, I was trying to figure out why when I got them from the bank.

Then, I put an offer at the end of September and because it was a new construction house, they made a date to close November 1st but my lawyer said that we're not gonna do November 1st and we can meet in the middle. When we were ready to close, something was going wrong with the house. So, they had to get whatever fixed and it was going back and forth for a little bit. Still, the process was pretty good and I felt comfortable working with them. The rep I had really helped me out a lot. Whenever I had a problem, I'd just gave her a call. She also coached me through it. I'd recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Kim and Marcus were not only amazing to work with but they were also very knowledgeable and do have great experiences with new home buyers. I'll always recommend Jersey Mortgage Company to anyone looking to buy a home. They work with you step by step all the way until the final closing, and seeing that the sale goes thru. They are a great set of team worker to do business with. I give them 10 stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I was planning to build in Roselle and the builder said my lender’s name was Marcus and to contact him to get a pre-approval even though I already had a pre-approval. I reached out to Marcus but I changed my mind about building in Roselle. My experience with Marcus was so great that I asked if he would help me with my loan even if I wasn’t building with the builder. He said that it was fine. His team with Jersey Mortgage was very accommodating. They were phenomenal. Marcus was a great guy, great at following up, and he looked at different scenarios where I can get my mortgage approved. He was on point with everything. From the time I wanted to buy, the process took a month. The underwriting process could be improved, but they were just doing their jobs. I would refer anyone to Marcus and his team.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Willie ** and his team are the best. They were very prompt in any response necessary for this deal. The quality of communication between us made this a very easy transaction. Even though I don’t plan to move for quite a while, I will recommend Willie to anyone who needs a mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We were purchasing a second home and got a loan from Jersey Mortgage. We worked with several different people and they were pretty accommodating. Everyone was very professional and courteous. With the few different mortgages I’ve gone through over the years, this was probably one of the easiest ones to go through. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We got an FHA from Jersey Mortgage and the process was great. We closed very quickly and worked well with our loan officer whom we know personally.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had a really good experience with Jersey Mortgage. It was the most convenient for me as I was qualified for a pre-approval with them. So I went ahead and got an FHA loan from them. The application took a month. Steve was my rep and he helped me out a lot. I knew that he was doing other things but he was there for me all the time. He answered my questions and got back to me whenever I had a concern as soon as he could. It was good working with Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Jersey Mortgage is a company we had dealt with in the past, so when we came back from Arizona to Jersey, we contacted them and we did business with them. They guided me through everything, so the application was quite easy. When everything was finalized, the application and underwriting process took about a week and a half or two weeks. They were efficient, on top of everything and kept me informed.

I worked with Cathy and she provided good advice. She was very knowledgeable and very courteous. I felt very comfortable working with the team at Jersey Mortgage. They did a good job. We shopped around a little and there was one company that was not being very straight to us, and Cathy pointed that out. She showed us where we needed to go and what to look for. The advice alone is worth a million and knowing that you're dealing with honest people is important.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I bought a house through Jersey Mortgage and the application process was pretty straightforward and relatively streamlined. They ran my credit and checked my spending habits, and I had to provide them with employee information and proof of income. Everything was also simple to do with returning documents to them. And because they do a lot of things, I tried to be quick. The application didn’t take that long, too. In a matter of two weeks, we squared it up on what they wanted. The only thing which they could improve on that stands out to me was explaining about the co-signer process differently. Initially, I thought the co-signer was just co-signing, but I ended up having to put the co-signer entitled.

Other than that, I felt comfortable working with Jersey Mortgage. The process was pretty good because Willie, the mortgage broker, was very accessible and easy to talk to. He made it easy to deal with explaining anything that we had questions about and gave information back within a short space of time. Sharon, the loan officer, verified whatever I sent with whatever it was for she was requesting. But, the best part was we went through two deals with Jersey Mortgage where one fell through and they handled it pretty well. They were also able to extend my rate a few times whenever the sellers weren’t cooperating and that was nice of them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My brother used Jersey Mortgage, and they were pretty good with him. I went with Jersey too and went with the conventional loan. The process was okay. However, they need a little more communication between the loan officer and the paperwork handler ‘cause they asked me for stuff they already had months before. But the loan officer was definitely on top of her game. I was impressed with how she handled the numbers and all the stuff that you need, and she was not stuck on little things, but she dealt with it pretty good. She’s been doing that for a while. I also got a co-assignor, so eventually, I gotta have to refinance and get the co-assignor out of the mortgage since he doesn’t live in the premises. The rate was okay too.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was looking for a place that would house my mother and myself. I did a web search and found that Jersey Mortgage has a good reputation. They gave a lot of mortgages and they were interested in doing 203k which not everybody does. I got the original mortgage about three years ago but I had been going through this process with Jersey Mortgage for almost four years.

There was a lot of paperwork during the application process but once I got used to reading them, it was easy to understand. The way that the numbers are presented was a little confusing initially but once I started reading it a little bit, I got more used to the language they were described in. Also, the reps were very helpful in explaining what was going on if I had a question.

Then the initial mortgage process was pretty fast. We were trying to get the initial closing date that was given by the seller and we had to extend it a couple of times and rework the figures. Sometimes, we had to resubmit the paperwork at a different mortgage. We also tried both the 203k and the conventional loan. Once we decided on something, it took four to five weeks.

The lending process also went fine but they could be a little bit clearer about what the actual numbers were because there were so many different figures in terms of the down payment and the actual interest rate which changed a couple of times depending on what the mortgage was. But when I asked the question, the explanation was given. The 5.75 interest rate was a little high but I understand why. Part of the reason was my credit history and I had to get it with a 203k because the seller did not want to sell the house if it wasn't 203k. Also, the sellers, the banks and the property owners were a little difficult to deal with and they didn't make an easy process.

But I felt very comfortable with the people I dealt with at Jersey Mortgage. Even though there was a lull, I stayed in touch with the reps and I told them my progress. Gina, the initial person that helped me, has been there with me since the beginning. When I wasn't quite as active, she would call me and see how things were going. Kristen, the other rep who worked with me a lot, was the same when she got involved a little later. She was always good about calling, checking and looking into things for me. They were good about helping me find somebody who might be helpful in the process in terms of contractors.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Getting a loan is difficult. The mortgage company would need your credit score, your income and your bank statements. But the people at Jersey Mortgage showed me how to do it. The application process was pretty simple. I gave whatever they asked for. But there was a lot of paperwork and going back and forth, and the process took a couple of months. Still, they were great. The loan officer was committed and it was pretty good working with him. He didn’t charge me anything as soon as I got the loan. Plus the rates are good.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I used Jersey Mortgage to buy a house and their application process was easy. I got the FHA loan and the whole process was quick. The rep was at the top of his game and he knew what he was doing. Working with him felt 100% comfortable and I would recommend him.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I wanted to buy a house and my realtor suggested Jersey Mortgage. I worked with Denise and she was amazing. She took care of everything for me and told me exactly what I needed to do. Plus, everything was quick and the rate and terms were fine. I’d work with her again if I had to get a mortgage again, and I'd send anyone who asks about Jersey Mortgage to her.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I was buying my first house and before I even found my house, I started the process with Jersey Mortgage. I felt like it was what I needed to do once the opportunity arose. Also, my situation is unique because I’m a freelancer. I had to coordinate with the mortgage processors, in terms of getting in paperwork and verifying e-mail, what I make on that stuff so that I could get approved. The application was a long process and my being a freelancer dragged it out a little bit longer. But the people at Jersey Mortgage were great and extremely helpful. We even had multiple long-winded conversations throughout the process as they said I may be new to it.

I got the loan through FHA and the application and underwriting process took a few months. There were a couple snags that happened with third and fourth parties. Some were dragging their feet in terms of getting info that I lost a month, just chasing people to make sure they talked to one another. But the guys from Jersey Mortgage helped me in that process as well. I had this guy named John and he was great. Then Kim was the processor and at times, they worked with me on a daily basis. They were easy to reach and there was constant back and forth between us to make sure we were on track.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I wanted to have my own home and looked into a mortgage. Jersey Mortgage was the first one I've tried and they were helping me pretty good. The application and underwriting process went well for me. Jersey Mortgage is a good company to help you. They went through with me step-by-step. They were hands-on and the customer service was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I looked into getting a mortgage to buy a condo and my realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage to me. I reached out to them and got pre-approved. Then, they contacted me about the loan and it was approved after I sent all the paperwork and documents they needed and I closed. We were trying to close soon and the process took a week a half. Also, the whole process was very streamlined and easy. I worked with Chris and if I needed something done, it was done within a very reasonable time. And if I had any questions, I could just reach out through e-mail and they were answered very quickly. I would recommend Jersey Mortgage and I would tell people to use the same people I used because they were fantastic.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I got the conventional loan from Jersey Mortgage and the process was not very difficult. The application was straightforward and I signed all my documents online. It was nice being able to log on on my computer and do it real quick. I got the pre-approval done and once the offer was on the table, the reps sent over a request for information which I sent over.

I was working with a young fellow and it was the first mortgage that he worked on. Since it was my first time, I didn't expect that I would wanna go through the process with somebody that young but knowing the sales manager and having him made sure everything was going smoothly, it was really great. He kept making himself available around the clock even on the weekends. I had his personal number so I would text and ask questions about the process or any documentation that they were asking for. If I had a lot of questions, I would see if they were available for a call and we would informally discuss and all the answers were very thorough and had plenty of details. They definitely knew what they were talking about the whole process.

They would provide any feedback and made sure that I understood exactly what I was doing and if I had to spend on anything, they made sure that I understood where it goes. They updated me constantly on the status of where we were at, kept getting information not only from myself but from any of the other parties involved such as the agent or any of the attorneys. The attorneys were a little late getting us a few things, but other than that, the process went quickly.

I shopped other interest rates as well to see what Jersey Mortgage's cost would be compared to everybody else. Ultimately, Jersey Mortgage's rate was a little bit higher but I went with them knowing that I was gonna be taken care of and how responsive they were. I knew I could count on them for a really smooth process, which it was, and to answer my questions. The offer was officially accepted in October 31st and we ended up closing December 17. The whole process took 45 days 'til close and the application and the underwriting took 20 to 30 days.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was purchasing a home and one of my friends is a loan officer at Jersey Mortgage. I decided to give her a call and her team just fired off the checklist of everything that was needed, so I was able to provide the data. I'm more of an online type of person and I loved the online application process. It took me just a few minutes to do. Anything else that needed my signature was the same process, just a quick email to me and whenever I open the document, they would prompt me to exactly what I need to focus on and what I needed to sign. It was easy for me to fill out and I like that.

The underwriting process took a while because based off of everything I provided, it seemed like they were always coming back with something else I needed to provide. I was dealing with the underwriters until the very end. However, there was always constant communication as to what I needed to provide and the length of process was very quick. It felt like only a month from start to finish and whenever there was something critical, I would get a call, but most of my interactions with Jersey Mortgage were done through email and that's how smooth the process went with them.

Another thing is that the rep, Tanya, was able to call me anytime on what was required. There was a situation where the attorney I was using recommended getting my properties paid and she called me on a personal basis telling me it's not required for the loan and it would cost me an extra $500 if I go forward with it. I liked that personal touch when I was dealing with her.

Jersey Mortgage also knew that interest rates were gonna go up and one of the things they were trying to do to speed up the process was to make sure we got something closer to the lower rate. When I looked online as to what other companies were offering, it seemed to be in line with what I got. The process took a little more than a month, which was a lot faster than I expected. It was such a great process and if a friend asked me, I'd tell them that this is who I use and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I wanted to buy a new house and Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by a friend. During the application process, everything went by very quickly 'cause as soon as they requested the documents, I sent them. Their rep, Bob, always answered the phone if I needed information. If I have a concern, within an hour or two, they call me back. Jersey gave me a good rate too.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The process with Jersey Mortgage was easy. It wasn't ruthless at all. It was not like everybody says it is. I did it over the phone and then online, for sending the documents in and interacting with them. Whatever they requested, I sent in. The loan officer I worked with was very nice and accommodating. Whatever information I didn't know, she gave it to me. The rate was fair and they did everything great. Everything went smoothly for me to get a mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I spoke with someone who manages all the loans with Jersey Mortgage and she said that she could provide me the best rate. I believed her and pursued with this. They sent some documents that I needed to fill out and sign. I also needed to send them some proof. I also went there once and signed a few documents. I wanted them to improve on a couple of things though, like the rates and the paper. They have a different department and if I have any query, I have to send an email. If they can create an app where I can see with whom something is, I can put in the full detail and someone will respond to me. That would be really valuable to me. Otherwise, I need to reach out to my loan officer again and again about what will happen. She will have many customers like me. Some will be critical. Some won't be critical. So with all of it, she won't be able to give me time.

Jackie was very clear on everything though. She did not hide anything until the last point. Except now I'm not sure whether I got a good rate or not. I was told that I got a very good rate, the least in the market. But there is no way for me to find data whether they provided me the best rate or not. The rate gets varied depending depending on a lot of things like the area and the property. But if I'm not cheated on that then she was very good. I decided to take the home loan very early and due to some discussion between me and my seller, we decided to extend the date for closing. So the loan process took a long period, like four months. But I didn't find any hassle or issue with Jersey Mortgage.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My realtor told me that she dealt with John, the rep at Jersey Mortgage. She said that he was the guy to go to and that they had the best price. I trusted my realtor and since that was what she said, I went with them. John was wonderful. He answered all my questions as much as he could and he was very sweet about it. Also, I could call him just about any time. It was nice because I'm sort of a first-time buyer on my own since I got divorced many years ago. Before that, my ex took care of all of that.

But I have a business and I was also unplugged by another company, so I had to get all my forms and whatnot from 2016. It took a little long getting all those and it was laborious. Then they said that they didn't get something clearly and asked me to resend it. That was too much, but that wasn't John's fault, that was somebody else's in his office. It made me wonder why I can't just get pre-approved. They knew how much I have in the bank and I I have a good job. Other than that, my experience with Jersey Mortgage was great. But now my mortgage is no longer with them and I recently got a letter saying that it was transferred to Freddie Mac. Everybody is swapping over mortgages these days but I don't mind provided my rates don' go up.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I was living in a rental condo and the owner of the condo decided to sell it. I bought the place and for that, I needed a mortgage. A real estate agent recommended me to John of Jersey Mortgage. The process was excruciating and I couldn’t believe the amount of information that I had to supply. It seemed that I had to account for every dime I’ve ever gotten as long as I’ve been alive and it seemed to be irrelevant to the future. It seemed odd. The process took about three months and it would’ve been nice if it were sooner, but I was told it would take about that long, and that’s about how long it took. Although, I wish I got a better rate. The rate kept going up the longer the process took and it kept going up by 1/8 of a point. I wound up paying about 3/8 of a point or even 1/2 of a percent on the mortgage than had it gone smoother. Other than that, the loan officer was nice. He answered my questions promptly and efficiently whenever I had any.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Jersey Mortgage was actually able to meet mine and my wife's schedule. We're a two-income household so we both work and they were able to meet us in the office at 7 o'clock. We also have a son and they were accommodating to allow us to bring him. Chris, my mortgage broker, gave me his cellphone number and I was able to text him with whatever questions I have and get all my questions answered in a timely manner. I was also able to come to his office at times to work with mine and my family's schedule. From start to finish, it was a great experience. He was able to also try and find me the best rate at the time so I wouldn't just lock in to one thing and have my credit report pulled 100 different times. Most of the time, I would send an email and get it right back. Otherwise, I would get a "received" and it was cc-ed or I'd get, "This person will handle that. They'll get back to you shortly."

Jersey's application process was extremely simple. They adopted an e-signature process and we were able to do everything online with just a few clicks. After signing my end, I could log in to see if my wife had signed or if any documents were missing. So, everything was right there. This is the third time I bought a house and I didn't have to come in and sign everything. However, they don't control the rates. We built a new house and unfortunately, between trying to get permits on our house, we had to re-lock and re-lock and we did lose our rate because it was a longer process for us. But that's beyond their control. The rate on the mortgage I received from them was good. I recommended them to all my friends and people I know that are looking for a home.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My realtor recommended me the loan officer at Jersey Mortgage. She told me that the loan officer is very good at doing his job, and so I decided to stay with Jersey Mortgage. I went with their FHA program and the rate was average in that it was what everybody was giving. However, the process of obtaining the mortgage was not too easy. The underwriting area is so busy, and they wait until two days before the closing date to review all the paperwork that I sent them two months in advance.

The underwriting department needs more people working there. In my case, there was just one lady and it seems that when she needs to close alone, she opens everything two days in advance. So, even though I was calling her from the time that I sent her everything, she would tell me that she was working on another closing. And when my closing was right in the date, she would set to see my documentation. When she opened everything, it was too late and we needed to change the closing date. Before that, she was fast. It took two days to review everything. But to open the mail, it took two months to review the information. That was very bad because in the end, everybody started to blame somebody. I was also told that I didn’t send anything, even though I did.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

When I was searching for houses, Jersey Mortgage contacted me and I met with their representative, Gina, and I really liked her, so I stuck with them because she was very helpful all the way. She was very accessible and was always willing to answer any questions even if they seemed silly. She was patient with me and I felt very comfortable working with her. The application process was cumbersome though and the whole application and underwriting process took about a month and a half. We had a little hiccup at the end but it was not Jersey’s fault. It was more with the IRS. Other than that, it was a good experience. Jersey Mortgage was a good company. Everyone answered my emails really quickly and they explained things to me easily. You should give them a try.

Jersey Mortgage Company expert review by Michele Lerner

This mortgage loan company services New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Connecticut. The company provides a variety of mortgage products, including VA and FHA loans as well as customized loans to meet most borrowers needs.

• In-house processing: This company processes its loans in one of its three New Jersey offices instead of outsourcing the work. This gives them greater control over their rates and fees charged than online brokers.

• Informational resources: The company's website features guides and calculators for homebuyers and people who are refinancing. These help consumers learn how much they can afford or find out how much they can save by buying instead of renting.

• Simple to start: Consumers fill out a short form online to have a loan officer contact them or set up a meeting at one of several branch locations.

• LendRIGHT Seal of Excellence: They have earned the LendRIGHT™ seal of excellence, a designation that shows they value relationships, information, guidance, honesty and trust. Only lenders who meet specific criteria can use the LendRIGHT seal.

• Assistance for first-time homebuyers: The company helps people get assistance from the state of New Jersey through the First Time Home Buyer Program.

• Best for: people who need loan customization, those who want in-person attention and first-time homebuyers.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Information