toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Janis - thank you!!

We will be sure to share your kinds words with Cari and her team and wish you great health and happiness in the future.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 23, 2017

Jersey Mortgage is the best mortgage company I've ever worked with. I was referred to them by a realtor friend of mine who thought that the head person that was working on my situation, Cari, would be a great fit for me. Cari was knowledgeable, friendly, caring and she understood situations. She had a great personal touch to the way she handled everything for me. My approval process was done very quickly. When I gave her what she requested, the result was there. I had cancer in the past and there was a change in my income because of the illness, so we had to show my income in different years because of the illness whereas most people wouldn’t. I had to get letters from physicians to say why I had a flip in income at certain times in my life.

I already had worked with another mortgage company and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I have a mortgage with the best going rate and these people didn’t even want to touch me because it was going to be a little bit more work because I had cancer. One of them told me he could only get me a mortgage at 8% and I have 4.3. The biggest thing for Jersey is not just the business, it's the fact that they remember it’s a person and their home. Jersey Mortgage was awesome and I've already referred them to other people.

I heard about Jersey Mortgage Co. through my realtor. At the beginning, when we're working with the rep laying out what the process would be and what the loan would look like, it was positive. The rep was very upfront but the staff that was supporting him in the process was not as on top of things. As we got towards the end, it became a less-positive experience. We had expressed multiple times through conversations with our attorney and Realtor. We had emails, through the rep, the underwriter and the person who's working on our loan, that we had a situation where we needed to have a specific closing date given how "easy" our loan was. It was told to us multiple times that would not be an issue.

However, because something was not submitted in a timely fashion, we missed the deadline. Therefore, we couldn't close when we were supposed to close. I had to have two separate closings which was very inconvenient for us and our lawyers where we had to extend our move date. It was not good and it was avoidable because somebody didn't put a date on the calendar, where our inspection had expired. They used excuses like, "Well, these are difficult things. These things come up and they can't be helped." Things took longer than I had thought. It had to be redone and there was a knock-on effect. They waited until it had already expired, instead of calling the inspector prior to it expiring. So, the biggest thing is that follow up is not good. If I were doing it again myself, I would have gone directly to the bank.

Overall, experience with Jersey Mortgage went well. There were some steps in the process that I wish were better, but I can't say it was a terrible experience either. I like the communication as far as by email, them getting back to me and me getting back to them. I hope that my timeliness as far as responding to them and giving them what they needed was good for them. However, as I am a new homeowner, I wish that Jersey Mortgage Co. would take more time to explain each step on what it is and what they're doing and if there was anything to FYI about. You can go online, download homeowner kits if you will and educate yourself as well. I know that people can always ask questions which are very important in this process because it's a big undertaking to do but they shouldn't throw emails at you and not tell you exactly what they're for. Still I'd definitely recommend them.

My Realtor told me about Jersey Mortgage so I decided to go with them. The rep at Jersey Mortgage was very helpful. He was able to answer all my questions so I'm well informed. I would recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Ana for taking the time to write a review of Cathy and JMC - We will take a look as to what transpired on the paperwork, as that shouldn't have happened and we apologize for that frustration. It happens sometimes in the paperwork intensive mortgage business and appreciate you for bringing it to our attention so we can improve upon the process for future JMC clients.

Best of luck to you!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 7, 2017

It was a good experience with Jersey Mortgage. Cathy, a representative there, was awesome, helped me a lot and did a great job explaining everything. I loved how passionate she was to make a way for people like in my situation. But when the loan was being processed, it was aggravating. After working with Cathy, I started working with different people who were calling me asking me for the same papers over and over. They would change to different people then instead of communicating among themselves, they will call me and ask me for the papers. I'm co-signer with my stepson, who’s older, and it’s not easy to get papers from older people like him especially when one has already asked them for those papers. So, that was a little frustrating. But at the last week of the process, Cathy took over and everything was smooth again.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Amanda for taking the time to write a nice review of JMC, and specifically Cari and her team. She delivers a personal touch for all her clients and we are happy to hear your experience was a good one.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 4, 2017

Our experience with Jersey Mortgage was fantastic. My aunt went through them for a mortgage last year and she referred me to them. We couldn't have done anything without Cari from the Jersey Mortgage team. She really helped us through the whole process. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Hi David, we appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review - Cathy Fernandes is very passionate about her clients and am happy to hear your appreciation of the things she does that set her apart from her competitors. I will be sure to share your kind words with her and her team at JMC.

Best of luck in the new home - thanks again

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 3, 2017

Jersey Mortgage came highly recommended by our agent. We had several interactions with them. It wasn't an easy transaction for us with this house. There were so many problems and they helped us with every single one of them. Their rep was a lady and she made herself available for us at any time we needed. They made allowances for us well after 12:00 midnight because my wife and I had schedules. They would come into the office on a weekend Sunday and anytime that I needed to talk to them, I was able to get a hold of them. Being a first time homeowner, she definitely eased the pain and actually became a friend. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage. Like I said, the transition wasn't easy. There were many problems that had to be dealt with the house, but they made it really easy.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Mark for taking the time to write a review of JMC. We will be sure to share your review with your Loan Officer, Brian Lavan and his team. Thanks again and have a good day!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: April 2, 2017

I got a recommendation from a colleague for Jersey Mortgage. I went to their office for my first appointment and it gave me a very good feeling that everything was explained, what is going to happen and how the procedure is. After that, everything went via phone and email. I had a very good experience with Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank, Mr. Lewis for the kind review.

We will be share your review with Scott and his team at JMC - he is a passionate advocate for his clients so we are happy to see that working so well for you. Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 28, 2017

My wife's aunt is a real estate agent and she recommended Jersey Mortgage for us. Scott was the one that we dealt with and he was amazing. He explained everything so it’s good. He bent over backwards and was constantly on the phone with us, sent text messages or e-mails. This is the second house that I bought, but we got no interaction or help with the first one while Scott went above and beyond our expectations. We've been recommending them to anybody that’s looking to buy. It was an easy, smooth experience overall.

Thank you, Edward for taking the time to give JMC a review. We appreciate it

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 26, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by my realtor. A rep e-mailed me everything he needed, I sent the requirements back, then they told me what to do and I signed.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Celestino for taking some time to write a nice review of JMC. We will be sure to share your note with Fabio and his team at JMC. We wish the process could be smoother and work hard every day trying to make it easier for our clients. All the best

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 25, 2017

When I used Jersey Mortgage for refinance, a friend of mine who works for them took care of everything for me. But I also took care of a lot of paperwork back and forth. It took a couple months but I only had to go there and sign. Still, it took a little bit to get all the moving parts together. But I got the best possible rates at that moment, although I wish it would have gotten better. Nonetheless, everybody was pretty helpful there and if I needed something, they took care of it. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, James for writing a review of JMC. We will share your note with Cathy Fernandes and her team that worked on your loan. I've also gone into our marketing system to have the mailers removed (you may still receive email) for your account. Thank you for using JMC a second time, it means a lot to us.

Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 22, 2017

Jersey Mortgage helped me when I got my initial mortgage. They also helped when I refinanced and they gave me lower interest rates than what I had. I waited a little longer but it was good. I didn't want the hassle with trying to find too many people because of different fees and this and that, so I tried to get in touch with the woman that helped me out the first time. Having to send the same information to 12 people gets annoying but everybody was pleasant and that was good. Also, everything was well and everybody was fine and knowledgeable. My only complaint is since I've refinanced with them, I've been getting mailers asking me to refinance.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Michael for taking the time to write a review. We will take a look at what transpired on your loan transaction so that we can improve on our process to make it smoother - we apologize for this being an issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Best of luck to you

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 15, 2017

We had a bad experience with a mortgage person at Santander Bank and we were looking for another way to get our mortgage, and Jersey Mortgage happened to come up online. The first person we interacted with for the first few months was very polite, friendly and knowledgeable. She was very helpful and got us everything we needed to get right away, and that went very well. The last couple of weeks in the process of getting our mortgage, Jersey Mortgage brought in a specialist to help us and she made a number of mistakes. She asked us for a lot more information than we initially needed to get. It was all very last-minute and it made the process a lot more difficult.

Thank you, Margarette for the review. Best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 12, 2017

My broker set me up with Jersey Mortgage. They are doing a good job but they ask for too many things and the loan is hard to get. It's a headache to go through their process. But other than that, the guidance they gave me was okay and everything's fine signing up. I will recommend them to my friends.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a kind review - thank you for sharing it and we will share it with Cathy and her team.

Best of luck to you in your new home!!

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 11, 2017

Our realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage based on her experience with them. Cathy from the crew helped us a lot and did an outstanding job. She went through many people, tried to get us the lowest score possible and showed us what came out. Ultimately, they gave us the lowest rate and that's the reason why we went with them. They’re all definitely very good people, very helpful and attentive. Every time there's an issue, they were on it and they responded to us as early as possible. We were very satisfied with their performance. They're all knowledge-full and explained everything to us in a way that we can understand. All in all, we had a very good experience with them and we will definitely recommend them to someone else.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We appreciate your taking the time to write a nice review of JMC. Wish you the best of luck going forward

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 10, 2017

A couple of friends have mortgages with them. Then, I was introduced to my loan representative from Jersey Mortgage and I felt very comfortable. He explained everything and the process went by smoothly. They were very friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. I have nothing bad to say about them, to be honest. They helped out with everything we ran into.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Domenico - we are thrilled to read your positive review and humbled to be chosen to be your trusted mortgage advisor for your first time home purchase - it's a real honor to be able assist you in this regard. Wish you great success in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 9, 2017

I had a great experience with Jersey Mortgage. I'm a first time home buyer and I heard from a really good friend of mine about them. Their team was fine and courteous.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such nice words to read about, JMC, Marcus and his team. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along!! Best of luck in your home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 7, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was perfect and the best. They were recommended by a friend and he said good things about them so I decided to contact them. And when I spoke to whoever was in charge of the mortgage, he was very helpful in what I needed and very friendly. I was guided through the web and I was informed of whatever was needed. The whole team that assisted me in getting the mortgage was great. Marcus and Denise, in particular, were very good in assisting us facilitate this mortgage process. It went smoothly with their help and support. It was a very good experience and I'll recommend them to others.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Jan for taking the time to write such a nice review - we will be sure to share it with Denise and her team at JMC.

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 6, 2017

I heard through my realtor that Denise from Jersey Mortgage was very efficient and thorough. When I contacted her, she was very responsive. However, the guidance I received was kind of limited to what I had to choose from to begin with because it was a foreclosure. But Denise was very clear, took the time and was available anytime to answer any kind of questions and to go through options so I understood them. She made what could be a normally difficult process fairly easy. I would recommend her.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Dennys for taking the time to write a review. We will be sure to share it with Blanca and her team at JMC. Best of luck with your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 5, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was recommended by a family member who had good experiences with them, so I also used them to purchase a home. Their staff was great. The only problem was when the underwriter thought a document I submitted had a social security number. I was annoyed that I had to provide more documentation because of that but other than that, the process went smoothly and the whole team was helpful. They guided me step by step and all the papers that were needed. Also, it was my first time but they were really patient with me with all the questions that I had. I closed the loan and everything was fine.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Damion for the kind review. We will be sure to share it with Marcus and his team. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was looking to buy a home and a friend referred Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to their rep, Marcus, and I thought that he is going to manage all to help me get what I needed to get done. The guidance I received was good and they got the job done.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We appreciate the kind review, Brandon - we will be sure to share it with Cari Sweet and her team at JMC - We consider it an absolute honor to be your trusted financing source on your first home purchase and are thrilled it worked out so well. Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: March 3, 2017

My attorney had good relations with Jersey Mortgage and recommended it. I have some other providers on pre-approval but Jersey worked really good with me cause they're local and ended up giving me a good interest rate. They were very good and on top and notified me of everything and got the ball rolling. It's a really great experience for a first-time home buyer and they're a really great team. I would recommend to anybody.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Rich - thank you for such a great review and for recognzing by name all of the employees that worked on your loan application - we will be sure to share it with each of them. Best of luck in your new home!

Original review: March 2, 2017

Brian ** and his team Carmen, Paulina, and Johanna did an excellent job helping me through my first home purchase. I had no idea what I was doing. I just followed their direction and everything went super smooth, they even recommended an awesome NJ homeowners insurance company! I knew when I saw all their positive reviews online Jersey Mortgage was the company to go with and I was not wrong. Thanks guys!

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Jefferson for taking the time to write a review of JMC. And, we appreciate the kind referral also. Best of luck in your home.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I heard Jersey Mortgage was giving the correct rate on interest so I tried to see if I could get anybody. It was not too good though. When I started before, the rate was 3.5. But when I was done and finished on closing, the rate had gone up to 4.8. But, I can't complain. I got the help I wanted, it was quick and good, and I'm satisfied, so I'm happy about it. I would recommend a friend towards them. In fact, I have a friend that's interested in buying a home and I'll give their number to him.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Shaun for the kind words - we'll be sure to share them with Cari Sweet and her team at JMC. Bset of luck to you!!

Original review: March 2, 2017

We wanted to refinance so my wife did all the research and chose Jersey Mortgage. My interactions with their team were all on the plus side. Their people were friendly and answered all of our questions. It was a pleasant experience.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Anthony for the kind words - we agree, the process does get dragged out and is too long - we are working hard everyday to improve upon the process to make it quicker and simpler so we definitely appreciate your feedback. Wishing you the best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I asked my accountant if he knows someone who does mortgages and he gave me the number of one of Jersey Mortgage's reps. The whole process dragged out a little longer than I hoped to but the rep had it all worked out. Also, the guidance I got from them was good and I was kept in the loop. It was a very pleasant experience and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thanks, Ramchan for the nice review - always great to hear from satisfied clients. Wish you the best of luck in your new property

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I bought a property and looked up Jersey Mortgage, and their interest rate was good. The discussion and their process were pretty good as well.

Thanks, Kerriann

We agree that having someone let go in the middle of the transaction can be frustrating and humbly apologize for not properly informing you when it took place - We're glad that Garth provided good communication and was available when you needed him. We use reviews like yours as the basis to improve parts of our process that may be causing issues, so we thank you for them.

Best of luck to you

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I just want to see what it takes to get approved for our home and what the process was like at first. My whole intention was to see the natural process to purchase a home. So, I went online and tried to do a pre-approval and then that Monday morning Garth from Jersey Mortgage called me. He was more knowledgeable than the other persons that I spoke with. In the Jersey Mortgage team some were great and some weren't so good because in between my case they let someone go. They had let Laurie go and then no one contacted me to let me know that she wasn't with the bank anymore. It was two weeks later before I hear back from the other person who was taking over when they needed paperwork and we're close to closing. There are actually documents that he could not find. So that part of it a little annoying, but eventually it all worked itself out.

Overall, Garth was great even though I did yell at him several times on the phone especially when he was calling for stuff that I already gave to Laurie and she was no longer with the company. It was definitely a knowledgeable experience. There were bumps on the road but they've never gone with talking me through it and they tried to help me to get at whatever hurdles were there.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

We appreciate your taking the time to write a nice review!! Thank you. We will be sure to share it with Cathy Fernandes and her team at JMC. Wish you the very best in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Jersey Mortgage was highly recommended by my builder and he said that he couldn't say enough nice things about them. Also, I just knew that they were the right fit for me. Their team made it a very easy process and they held my hand all the way. They also gave me excellent guidance and though I dealt with a few different people in the organization, the entire team was phenomenal. Overall, it was an easy and seamless experience with Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you very much, Volha for the kind words about JMC and Cathy Fernandes - we will be sure to share them with her and her team. We wish you the best of luck

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I did a lot of homework and was looking for a conventional mortgage because the property that I was buying would only take that one. I had to find the professional who would be able to provide me the lowest APR as I could get based on my credit score, on my levels of experience, and my money. Initially, I met with the loan officer of Jersey Mortgage. She explained everything to me, wrote down on the piece of paper everything I should expect for, what's included in the final closing costs, every single step.

Once I signed up with them, the processor sent out to me the list of the documentations that I had to provide, I gave them that and then they sent it for approval. Once it got approved, I got the final closing document package. The estimates that were provided to me initially by the loan officer were pretty much the same and I am completely satisfied because I've got the best I could ever get and I've dealt with a professional. If there are any issues, she was always available and if there are any concerns, my emails were answered. It's been a very smooth, clear and easy process.

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Thank you, Matthew for taking the time to write a nice review about JMC and Chris Brower - we will be sure to share it with him and his team. We know that the first time home buying experience can be challenging, so thank you for entrusting your recent transaction with us.

Best of luck in your new home

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I usually do things based on reviews and the realtor that gave me information about Jersey Mortgage was reputable and had dealt with the company a couple of times. Based on what I needed in terms of a mortgage product, they were quick in terms of turnaround when I contacted them so that helped their case. The broker who was my point of contact was very professional and knowledgeable. I was a first time home buyer and knew absolutely nothing about buying a home but they were helpful in terms of explaining what comes next and what are the expectations. They knew I was running other competitive mortgage options against them and they were upfront about what they were, the plusses for them as well as the minuses. It was fair and balanced so it was good. I'd recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile