toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Good afternoon, Jose - Many thanks for sending such a kind review of Kimberly and her team at Jersey Mortgage Company!! We wish you the best of luck in your new home.

Pete Kenny
SVP

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I googled "best mortgage companies" in Jersey and Jersey Mortgage came up as one of the best. I saw the reviews they had and they were a direct lender, too. These influenced my decision to get in contact with them. Their team was very professional and very responsible. I got responses in a timely fashion every time I inquired about anything regarding my application. Kimberly, the person who worked with me, was excellent and outstanding. I’m very satisfied. They provided me with enough information and gave very detailed guidance. I was very happy that everything took a timeframe that’s reasonable and they didn’t exceed the time that they promised. I’m glad I chose Jersey Mortgage. It was the one that I needed to choose.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jersey Mortgage Co.

Such a nice review, Kamal and we appreciate you taking the time to post it - Will be sure to share it with Gina and her team at JMC. Wishing you the very best

Pete Kenny
SVP

Jersey Mortgage Company

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

In the beginning, I contacted Gina of Jersey Mortgage and explained my situation. I also told her that I have contacted other banks and that I can let her take care of my credit. She checked and came back telling me they could consider what I’m dealing with. Then she gave me the pre-approval and all the interactions were perfect. She's very knowledgeable and knows exactly what she is talking about and she didn't wait in the phone to give her a question. She told me every time how the whole process goes and whenever I send her an email or call or text her, she’s always available. And if she is in the middle of something, she texts me back saying she'll call me later. The people at Jersey Mortgage were very responsive and professional. I will definitely consider working with them again.

It was a good experience with Jersey Mortgage. Cathy, a representative there, was awesome, helped me a lot and did a great job explaining everything. I loved how passionate she was to make a way for people like in my situation. But when the loan was being processed, it was aggravating. After working with Cathy, I started working with different people who were calling me asking me for the same papers over and over. They would change to different people then instead of communicating among themselves, they will call me and ask me for the papers. I'm co-signer with my stepson, who’s older, and it’s not easy to get papers from older people like him especially when one has already asked them for those papers. So, that was a little frustrating. But at the last week of the process, Cathy took over and everything was smooth again.

Our experience with Jersey Mortgage was fantastic. My aunt went through them for a mortgage last year and she referred me to them. We couldn't have done anything without Cari from the Jersey Mortgage team. She really helped us through the whole process. I would recommend them.

Jersey Mortgage came highly recommended by our agent. We had several interactions with them. It wasn't an easy transaction for us with this house. There were so many problems and they helped us with every single one of them. Their rep was a lady and she made herself available for us at any time we needed. They made allowances for us well after 12:00 midnight because my wife and I had schedules. They would come into the office on a weekend Sunday and anytime that I needed to talk to them, I was able to get a hold of them. Being a first time homeowner, she definitely eased the pain and actually became a friend. I would highly recommend Jersey Mortgage. Like I said, the transition wasn't easy. There were many problems that had to be dealt with the house, but they made it really easy.

I got a recommendation from a colleague for Jersey Mortgage. I went to their office for my first appointment and it gave me a very good feeling that everything was explained, what is going to happen and how the procedure is. After that, everything went via phone and email. I had a very good experience with Jersey Mortgage.

My wife's aunt is a real estate agent and she recommended Jersey Mortgage for us. Scott was the one that we dealt with and he was amazing. He explained everything so it’s good. He bent over backwards and was constantly on the phone with us, sent text messages or e-mails. This is the second house that I bought, but we got no interaction or help with the first one while Scott went above and beyond our expectations. We've been recommending them to anybody that’s looking to buy. It was an easy, smooth experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Mortgage Company?

Jersey Mortgage was recommended to me by my realtor. A rep e-mailed me everything he needed, I sent the requirements back, then they told me what to do and I signed.

When I used Jersey Mortgage for refinance, a friend of mine who works for them took care of everything for me. But I also took care of a lot of paperwork back and forth. It took a couple months but I only had to go there and sign. Still, it took a little bit to get all the moving parts together. But I got the best possible rates at that moment, although I wish it would have gotten better. Nonetheless, everybody was pretty helpful there and if I needed something, they took care of it. I would definitely recommend Jersey Mortgage.

Jersey Mortgage is the best mortgage company I've ever worked with. I was referred to them by a realtor friend of mine who thought that the head person that was working on my situation, Cari, would be a great fit for me. Cari was knowledgeable, friendly, caring and she understood situations. She had a great personal touch to the way she handled everything for me. My approval process was done very quickly. When I gave her what she requested, the result was there. I had cancer in the past and there was a change in my income because of the illness, so we had to show my income in different years because of the illness whereas most people wouldn’t. I had to get letters from physicians to say why I had a flip in income at certain times in my life.

I already had worked with another mortgage company and they told me there was nothing they could do for me. I have a mortgage with the best going rate and these people didn’t even want to touch me because it was going to be a little bit more work because I had cancer. One of them told me he could only get me a mortgage at 8% and I have 4.3. The biggest thing for Jersey is not just the business, it's the fact that they remember it’s a person and their home. Jersey Mortgage was awesome and I've already referred them to other people.

Jersey Mortgage helped me when I got my initial mortgage. They also helped when I refinanced and they gave me lower interest rates than what I had. I waited a little longer but it was good. I didn't want the hassle with trying to find too many people because of different fees and this and that, so I tried to get in touch with the woman that helped me out the first time. Having to send the same information to 12 people gets annoying but everybody was pleasant and that was good. Also, everything was well and everybody was fine and knowledgeable. My only complaint is since I've refinanced with them, I've been getting mailers asking me to refinance.

We had a bad experience with a mortgage person at Santander Bank and we were looking for another way to get our mortgage, and Jersey Mortgage happened to come up online. The first person we interacted with for the first few months was very polite, friendly and knowledgeable. She was very helpful and got us everything we needed to get right away, and that went very well. The last couple of weeks in the process of getting our mortgage, Jersey Mortgage brought in a specialist to help us and she made a number of mistakes. She asked us for a lot more information than we initially needed to get. It was all very last-minute and it made the process a lot more difficult.

My broker set me up with Jersey Mortgage. They are doing a good job but they ask for too many things and the loan is hard to get. It's a headache to go through their process. But other than that, the guidance they gave me was okay and everything's fine signing up. I will recommend them to my friends.

Our realtor recommended Jersey Mortgage based on her experience with them. Cathy from the crew helped us a lot and did an outstanding job. She went through many people, tried to get us the lowest score possible and showed us what came out. Ultimately, they gave us the lowest rate and that's the reason why we went with them. They’re all definitely very good people, very helpful and attentive. Every time there's an issue, they were on it and they responded to us as early as possible. We were very satisfied with their performance. They're all knowledge-full and explained everything to us in a way that we can understand. All in all, we had a very good experience with them and we will definitely recommend them to someone else.

A couple of friends have mortgages with them. Then, I was introduced to my loan representative from Jersey Mortgage and I felt very comfortable. He explained everything and the process went by smoothly. They were very friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. I have nothing bad to say about them, to be honest. They helped out with everything we ran into.

I had a great experience with Jersey Mortgage. I'm a first time home buyer and I heard from a really good friend of mine about them. Their team was fine and courteous.

Jersey Mortgage was perfect and the best. They were recommended by a friend and he said good things about them so I decided to contact them. And when I spoke to whoever was in charge of the mortgage, he was very helpful in what I needed and very friendly. I was guided through the web and I was informed of whatever was needed. The whole team that assisted me in getting the mortgage was great. Marcus and Denise, in particular, were very good in assisting us facilitate this mortgage process. It went smoothly with their help and support. It was a very good experience and I'll recommend them to others.

I heard through my realtor that Denise from Jersey Mortgage was very efficient and thorough. When I contacted her, she was very responsive. However, the guidance I received was kind of limited to what I had to choose from to begin with because it was a foreclosure. But Denise was very clear, took the time and was available anytime to answer any kind of questions and to go through options so I understood them. She made what could be a normally difficult process fairly easy. I would recommend her.

Jersey Mortgage was recommended by a family member who had good experiences with them, so I also used them to purchase a home. Their staff was great. The only problem was when the underwriter thought a document I submitted had a social security number. I was annoyed that I had to provide more documentation because of that but other than that, the process went smoothly and the whole team was helpful. They guided me step by step and all the papers that were needed. Also, it was my first time but they were really patient with me with all the questions that I had. I closed the loan and everything was fine.

I was looking to buy a home and a friend referred Jersey Mortgage. I spoke to their rep, Marcus, and I thought that he is going to manage all to help me get what I needed to get done. The guidance I received was good and they got the job done.

My attorney had good relations with Jersey Mortgage and recommended it. I have some other providers on pre-approval but Jersey worked really good with me cause they're local and ended up giving me a good interest rate. They were very good and on top and notified me of everything and got the ball rolling. It's a really great experience for a first-time home buyer and they're a really great team. I would recommend to anybody.

Brian ** and his team Carmen, Paulina, and Johanna did an excellent job helping me through my first home purchase. I had no idea what I was doing. I just followed their direction and everything went super smooth, they even recommended an awesome NJ homeowners insurance company! I knew when I saw all their positive reviews online Jersey Mortgage was the company to go with and I was not wrong. Thanks guys!

I heard Jersey Mortgage was giving the correct rate on interest so I tried to see if I could get anybody. It was not too good though. When I started before, the rate was 3.5. But when I was done and finished on closing, the rate had gone up to 4.8. But, I can't complain. I got the help I wanted, it was quick and good, and I'm satisfied, so I'm happy about it. I would recommend a friend towards them. In fact, I have a friend that's interested in buying a home and I'll give their number to him.

We wanted to refinance so my wife did all the research and chose Jersey Mortgage. My interactions with their team were all on the plus side. Their people were friendly and answered all of our questions. It was a pleasant experience.

I asked my accountant if he knows someone who does mortgages and he gave me the number of one of Jersey Mortgage's reps. The whole process dragged out a little longer than I hoped to but the rep had it all worked out. Also, the guidance I got from them was good and I was kept in the loop. It was a very pleasant experience and I'd recommend them to a friend.

I bought a property and looked up Jersey Mortgage, and their interest rate was good. The discussion and their process were pretty good as well.

I just want to see what it takes to get approved for our home and what the process was like at first. My whole intention was to see the natural process to purchase a home. So, I went online and tried to do a pre-approval and then that Monday morning Garth from Jersey Mortgage called me. He was more knowledgeable than the other persons that I spoke with. In the Jersey Mortgage team some were great and some weren't so good because in between my case they let someone go. They had let Laurie go and then no one contacted me to let me know that she wasn't with the bank anymore. It was two weeks later before I hear back from the other person who was taking over when they needed paperwork and we're close to closing. There are actually documents that he could not find. So that part of it a little annoying, but eventually it all worked itself out.

Overall, Garth was great even though I did yell at him several times on the phone especially when he was calling for stuff that I already gave to Laurie and she was no longer with the company. It was definitely a knowledgeable experience. There were bumps on the road but they've never gone with talking me through it and they tried to help me to get at whatever hurdles were there.

Jersey Mortgage was highly recommended by my builder and he said that he couldn't say enough nice things about them. Also, I just knew that they were the right fit for me. Their team made it a very easy process and they held my hand all the way. They also gave me excellent guidance and though I dealt with a few different people in the organization, the entire team was phenomenal. Overall, it was an easy and seamless experience with Jersey Mortgage.

I did a lot of homework and was looking for a conventional mortgage because the property that I was buying would only take that one. I had to find the professional who would be able to provide me the lowest APR as I could get based on my credit score, on my levels of experience, and my money. Initially, I met with the loan officer of Jersey Mortgage. She explained everything to me, wrote down on the piece of paper everything I should expect for, what's included in the final closing costs, every single step.

Once I signed up with them, the processor sent out to me the list of the documentations that I had to provide, I gave them that and then they sent it for approval. Once it got approved, I got the final closing document package. The estimates that were provided to me initially by the loan officer were pretty much the same and I am completely satisfied because I've got the best I could ever get and I've dealt with a professional. If there are any issues, she was always available and if there are any concerns, my emails were answered. It's been a very smooth, clear and easy process.

I usually do things based on reviews and the realtor that gave me information about Jersey Mortgage was reputable and had dealt with the company a couple of times. Based on what I needed in terms of a mortgage product, they were quick in terms of turnaround when I contacted them so that helped their case. The broker who was my point of contact was very professional and knowledgeable. I was a first time home buyer and knew absolutely nothing about buying a home but they were helpful in terms of explaining what comes next and what are the expectations. They knew I was running other competitive mortgage options against them and they were upfront about what they were, the plusses for them as well as the minuses. It was fair and balanced so it was good. I'd recommend Jersey Mortgage.

I wanted to start the processing of purchasing a home and find out my options so I contacted Jersey Mortgage. They were able to answer all my questions. I was thinking of starting my home mortgage process later, but they provided me with different options that I could have and I ended up getting a loan earlier than expected. I chose Jersey Mortgage over conventional loans like Capital One because I was able to talk to a live person more often, than calling the different companies. Gina is the person that I had contact with and she's awesome. I have recommended Jersey Mortgage to others.

It was pretty informative in the beginning, and they were very quick getting things done and in responding towards the end. I had a pleasant experience with the people at Jersey Mortgage, except for the first person that I spoke with. He was a very knowledgeable man but he wasn't clear about everything. He didn't lay out all the information initially.

Jersey Mortgage Co. Company Profile