Hope Now

Compare Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies

Research top Harp Loan and Loan Modification Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In November 2010, I gave Roscoe Elliot **, Amberina ** and Attorney Terrell ** $400,000 down payment. The balance is $5,000.00. They promised to help me save my property by: loan modification/ filing a law suit / filing emergency bankruptcy for me. They never asked me for any of my paperwork. I only got calls from Amberina ** asking me for more money.

The morning of the sale, Roscoe Elliot ** call me at 10:05 am. He demanded that I give them another $1,030.00 to stop the sale. The property was to be sold at 10:30 a.m. January 7, 2011. Even though Roscoe Elliot ** had my $4,000, he refused to use the money to stop the sale.He never used the money on my behalf. He never did anything for me as he promised. I have never received any paperwork, only money invoices showing that I have paid them the sum of $4, 000.00. My property was sold and they did nothing to stop the sale.

Four weeks since the sale of my property, Roscoe Elliot ** refused to return my phone calls and refused to return my money. I found out later that the Dept. of Real Estate filed two desist and restrain orders and or accusations for loan modifications against Roscoe Elliot ** and Amberina ** on 4/6/2009 and 9/2/2009. Attorney Terrell's license was suspended for two years for non-payment of his renewal fees. In 2010, his renewal fees got paid somehow. Roscoe Elliot ** is using him as a front to deceive the public. In our first meeting, Roscoe Elliot ** told me that he runs the show. He takes over when Terrell ** cannot handle things.

They got my money and did nothing. I got my bank statements where they took my money out of the debit account (checking). Then they started calling me every other week talking about how they talk to Bank of America and they lied and got my $1250 and did nothing. I hope to hell that's what they should call themselves, saying that Bank of America was still looking over my paperwork. Then, all of sudden, they stopped calling and I didn't hear anything. Then I called them and they could not tell me who my counselor was and they said that they'd call me back and they had the nerve to call me back after 5.00 after I got off work and left a message on my work phone. I hate these people whoever they are. I want my money ($1250) back please. I got NACA helping me now. Please help me get my money back. I live in North Carolina and they know they could not help me from the beginning which was 11/08-08/09. I still have not gotten over this. Please help me.

In January I gave Hope Now Modif. $1,500.00 down payment. Nothing has been done. I got a hardship loan from my lender (HFC) to keep my house, but that has expired now… I can’t reach anyone at Hope Now.

Hope Now took my money. No help. Countrywide ** me over. Now I’m waiting for Bank of America. They need to be jailed for fraud! How many people have to be screwed by these people before someone does something about them! This caused me great mental hardship and financial hardship.

I have my paperwork from Hope Now. They originally charged me 1310.00 but raised it to 1800.00. I can not get in contact with them and I have no idea what the status of my loan is. They did speak once to my mortgage and that was it. They promised to lower my payment and interest rate. I feel I was ripped off. My mortgage company says I am now 8000.00 behind.

I work 2 sometimes 3 jobs to pay for my husband who is disabled with multiple sclerosis, my father with parkinsons and a foster son who is mentally ill. The only thing besides my family that means anything to me is my house and Hope promised me that they could get the payment lowered. Instead I can't sleep or anything else because of the worry over losing my house. Between our medical bills and the huge house payment I am done for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hope Now?

I signed a contract with this agency to obtain a loan modification. I have been contacted by attorneys stating the modification was approved. My mortgage company contacted me to inform me that foreclosure proceedings were moving forward. I paid Hope Now Modifications, LLC $1500.00 and no services were performed. The mortgage company stated no one made contact from this agency.

I paid them $3,000 to do my home modification and they haven't done anything since December. When I called them, they don't pick up the phone. Please I need to collect my money. Help me, please.

We too fell for the scam! We went through tough times after I was going through a rough pregnancy with twins. We had fetal surgery at 18 weeks and then bed rest in the hospital until they were delivered at 28 weeks, one passed at 4 days old and the other remained in the NICU for 9 weeks. My husband and I were out of work for quite a while and medical bills were piling up. We got severely behind. They gave us promises and took our $2,300 and we saw nothing! I too want to get on board with a lawsuit! Luckily, I knew something was not right and contacted my mortgage company directly. We managed to save our home but our credit is ruined after 4 months of not paying our mortgage at Hope Now's recommendation!

In January of this year, I was behind on my mortgage 2 months. I did a search on loan modifications and found Hope Now Modifications. I filled out their online application thinking it was the government backed assistance program. I spoke with Nate ** who assured me they were backed by the government. I sent them all the paperwork they needed to begin the process of modification with my mortgage companies and the $2,500.00 taken out of 3 different paychecks. When I asked him how I was supposed to pay the fee they required to help me, I was told that “We are not supposed to tell you this, but just use the money you would use for your mortgage and send it to us,” which I did. I told Nate I was a little worried and sending this money was a big step for me. I told him “I am trusting you Nate.” He proceeded to tell me “It's okay you can trust me, everything will be okay.”

A friend of mine watching the news a week ago told me I needed to check up on this company. I did a search online and found the Federal Trade Commission site which had the information I needed about this company. Of course I tried to call Nate and left a message. When I did get a hold of him later that day, he told me the company he works for is actually Powers Financial and was subcontracted by Hope Now Modifications LLC, and they now have nothing to do with Hope Now Modifications LLC. They used to answer the phone with Hope Now Modifications. They now answer the phone with Powers Financial.

I had contacted my mortgage companies prior to calling Nate to see if they had even been contacted by Hope Now, and they had not been contacted by anyone from that company or any other. When I got a hold of Nate and told him what the mortgage companies said, he told me saying they were no longer affiliated with Hope Now Modifications LLC. I am out a total of $2,500.00, which I never really had to begin with. I was very disheartened after finding all this out. I can still hear his words to me saying, “Don't worry, you can trust me. Everything will be okay.”

As of right now, I am 6 months behind on my 1st and 2nd mortgages. I have spoken with 1 of my mortgage companies and filled out an application with them for a 6 month hardship after having to pay up 1 month of regular payments. I will be contacting my other mortgage company, and they will probably require at least a month of mortgage payments also. I believe both of these companies, Hope Now Modifications LLC and Powers Financial, should have to help catch up everyone's mortgage that they lied to and scammed out of money. I would like to be a part of a class action lawsuit against them if there are any out there. I still have copies of the papers I signed with them and e-mails received between Nate and I.

I was told that Hope Now Modifications would negotiate with my mortgage companies to reduce my interest rate and allow me to convert my adjustable rate fixed mortgage to a 30 year fixed mortgage at an interest rate of about 5%. The agent, Tim, said the process would take about 60 days to complete and that Hope Now would do all of the negotiating. I was told that I would be contacted every week to 10 days with an update.

I sent them a long list of finacial information that was requested including my banking information, tax information, mortgage statemets and w2 forms. They presented themselves as a legitimate outfit using goverment funds to help this transpire. I also paid them $1899 to show the mortgage companies that I was serious about wanting to renegotiate my mortgages. The money was suppose to go into escrow & be refunded to me if the deal didn't go through.

I am now 5 months behind on my first mortgage and am trying to reach the mortgage company to work out a solution. I am 1 month behind on my 2nd mortgage and am trying to negotiate directly with them to get my interest rate lowered. The emotional damage has been dreadful and the economic damage has ruined my already shakey credit rating. They refered me to a company in Florida, Lifeguard Financial, that is suppose to renegotiate my credit card debt. Now I'm terrified that Lifeguard Financial is a scam too. Thank you for any help or information you might have.

This company was supposed to help me modify my mortgage loan as a result of my wife losing her job. If I did not care for the results they came to with my mortgage company, I would be refunded the $1,500 payment that was made on Jan 2, 2009. The mortgage department shows o record of talkig with them, and they have changed their name to HNSS and are always closed, when trying to be contacted.

I have gone deeper in debt, and hope that this happens to anyone else. I would like to be refunded my $1,500.

Got email about home modification. Filled out application and got a call the next day from Clifford Grimes. He sent me another form to fill out and asked for a number of personal information.(tax returns,income, debt, etc) They also required a deposit into an escrow account of one month mortgage ($3,200). When asked what escrow company they used, I never got a response. I have been in contact with him for at least 4 months up to Feb. 23, 2009. Have'nt heard from him since.

Behind further on our mortgage since they said to stop payment till the modification process was over. now we are in danger of foreclosure and must find other reliable modification company to help us.

Thought we were restructureing our loan and paid 1800.00 and now co is out of business and we are out of our money. We are devastated as we have lost our money and still have not re-did our loan.

I was contacted by Hope now financial services back in October of 2008. They had amde promises that they could get my mortgages modifided and save me hundreds of dollars per month. Hope now represented them selves as being affiliated with the goverment. I paid Hope Now 3000.00 After months of trying to follow up with my Lenders as to the modification progress and repeditaly being told that they had not recieved any information from Hope Now I tryed contacting HOpe Now repeted times and I was always put on hold or told that the person i neededto talk with was not available my calls and messages were never returned. I requested a refund but the person that i was told i needed to talk with never returned my calls.

i am out $3000.00 and i did not recieve the services that i was promised

I was told on February 27th that I was accepted into there Hope Now Loan Modification Program. Since that day I have Faxed over all my Documents they asked for plus a payment of $1449.00. I have now Discovered on 03/19/09 that the state has asked the court to shut down there web site on November 28th 2008. It is now possible that I could go into Foreclosure because they made me believe that they could help me when they know they can't.

Please stop this!!! this was my retirement money I have no where to go

how dare they screw people

I am losing my home my mortgage company countrywide states that papers were sent but they hhave never contacted the mortgage company.

I was told that they could help us keep the house and they could get the loan rewritten for a lower monthly payment. This has been going on since January 2009. I gave them 2290.00 which was one monthly payment for my mortgage. We get no calls back and being told it takes time. Please stop this! this was my retirement money I have no where to go. how dare they screw people

I am losing my home. my mortgage company countrywide states that papers were sent but they have never contacted the mortgage company.

I am unsertain if I should continue with the process of getting help from this company. I have received a copy of a contract and the company is requesting I pay them one months worth of mortgage which is almost 1700. I have not yet been late on any of my payments but I am strugling making them this is why I was out looking for help so that I dont get behind, and also trying to either extend the length of my loan to either 40 or 50 years which would bring the payment down to something I can affor more comfortably by reading all the complaints on this webpage I think I will hold back and look for a different alternative.

Hope Now Company Profile