Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Hope Now

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

Hope Now Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2011

In November 2010, I gave Roscoe Elliot **, Amberina ** and Attorney Terrell ** $400,000 down payment. The balance is $5,000.00. They promised to help me save my property by: loan modification/ filing a law suit / filing emergency bankruptcy for me. They never asked me for any of my paperwork. I only got calls from Amberina ** asking me for more money.

The morning of the sale, Roscoe Elliot ** call me at 10:05 am. He demanded that I give them another $1,030.00 to stop the sale. The property was to be sold at 10:30 a.m. January 7, 2011. Even though Roscoe Elliot ** had my $4,000, he refused to use the money to stop the sale.He never used the money on my behalf. He never did anything for me as he promised. I have never received any paperwork, only money invoices showing that I have paid them the sum of $4, 000.00. My property was sold and they did nothing to stop the sale.

Four weeks since the sale of my property, Roscoe Elliot ** refused to return my phone calls and refused to return my money. I found out later that the Dept. of Real Estate filed two desist and restrain orders and or accusations for loan modifications against Roscoe Elliot ** and Amberina ** on 4/6/2009 and 9/2/2009. Attorney Terrell's license was suspended for two years for non-payment of his renewal fees. In 2010, his renewal fees got paid somehow. Roscoe Elliot ** is using him as a front to deceive the public. In our first meeting, Roscoe Elliot ** told me that he runs the show. He takes over when Terrell ** cannot handle things.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2009

They got my money and did nothing. I got my bank statements where they took my money out of the debit account (checking). Then they started calling me every other week talking about how they talk to Bank of America and they lied and got my $1250 and did nothing. I hope to hell that's what they should call themselves, saying that Bank of America was still looking over my paperwork. Then, all of sudden, they stopped calling and I didn't hear anything. Then I called them and they could not tell me who my counselor was and they said that they'd call me back and they had the nerve to call me back after 5.00 after I got off work and left a message on my work phone. I hate these people whoever they are. I want my money ($1250) back please. I got NACA helping me now. Please help me get my money back. I live in North Carolina and they know they could not help me from the beginning which was 11/08-08/09. I still have not gotten over this. Please help me.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Modification Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2009

In January I gave Hope Now Modif. $1,500.00 down payment. Nothing has been done. I got a hardship loan from my lender (HFC) to keep my house, but that has expired now… I can’t reach anyone at Hope Now.

Original review: June 4, 2009

Hope Now took my money. No help. Countrywide ** me over. Now I’m waiting for Bank of America. They need to be jailed for fraud! How many people have to be screwed by these people before someone does something about them! This caused me great mental hardship and financial hardship.

Original review: May 21, 2009

I have my paperwork from Hope Now. They originally charged me 1310.00 but raised it to 1800.00. I can not get in contact with them and I have no idea what the status of my loan is. They did speak once to my mortgage and that was it. They promised to lower my payment and interest rate. I feel I was ripped off. My mortgage company says I am now 8000.00 behind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hope Now?

Original review: April 26, 2009

I signed a contract with this agency to obtain a loan modification. I have been contacted by attorneys stating the modification was approved. My mortgage company contacted me to inform me that foreclosure proceedings were moving forward. I paid Hope Now Modifications, LLC $1500.00 and no services were performed. The mortgage company stated no one made contact from this agency.

Original review: April 20, 2009

I paid them $3,000 to do my home modification and they haven't done anything since December. When I called them, they don't pick up the phone. Please I need to collect my money. Help me, please.

Original review: April 13, 2009

In January of this year, I was behind on my mortgage 2 months. I did a search on loan modifications and found Hope Now Modifications. I filled out their online application thinking it was the government backed assistance program. I spoke with Nate ** who assured me they were backed by the government. I sent them all the paperwork they needed to begin the process of modification with my mortgage companies and the $2,500.00 taken out of 3 different paychecks. When I asked him how I was supposed to pay the fee they required to help me, I was told that “We are not supposed to tell you this, but just use the money you would use for your mortgage and send it to us,” which I did. I told Nate I was a little worried and sending this money was a big step for me. I told him “I am trusting you Nate.” He proceeded to tell me “It's okay you can trust me, everything will be okay.”

A friend of mine watching the news a week ago told me I needed to check up on this company. I did a search online and found the Federal Trade Commission site which had the information I needed about this company. Of course I tried to call Nate and left a message. When I did get a hold of him later that day, he told me the company he works for is actually Powers Financial and was subcontracted by Hope Now Modifications LLC, and they now have nothing to do with Hope Now Modifications LLC. They used to answer the phone with Hope Now Modifications. They now answer the phone with Powers Financial.

I had contacted my mortgage companies prior to calling Nate to see if they had even been contacted by Hope Now, and they had not been contacted by anyone from that company or any other. When I got a hold of Nate and told him what the mortgage companies said, he told me saying they were no longer affiliated with Hope Now Modifications LLC. I am out a total of $2,500.00, which I never really had to begin with. I was very disheartened after finding all this out. I can still hear his words to me saying, “Don't worry, you can trust me. Everything will be okay.”

As of right now, I am 6 months behind on my 1st and 2nd mortgages. I have spoken with 1 of my mortgage companies and filled out an application with them for a 6 month hardship after having to pay up 1 month of regular payments. I will be contacting my other mortgage company, and they will probably require at least a month of mortgage payments also. I believe both of these companies, Hope Now Modifications LLC and Powers Financial, should have to help catch up everyone's mortgage that they lied to and scammed out of money. I would like to be a part of a class action lawsuit against them if there are any out there. I still have copies of the papers I signed with them and e-mails received between Nate and I.

Original review: March 31, 2009

I was told that Hope Now Modifications would negotiate with my mortgage companies to reduce my interest rate and allow me to convert my adjustable rate fixed mortgage to a 30 year fixed mortgage at an interest rate of about 5%. The agent, Tim, said the process would take about 60 days to complete and that Hope Now would do all of the negotiating. I was told that I would be contacted every week to 10 days with an update. I sent them a long list of finacial information that was requested including my banking information, tax information, mortgage statemets and w2 forms. They presented themselves as a legitimate outfit using goverment funds to help this transpire. I also paid them $1899 to show the mortgage companies that I was serious about wanting to renegotiate my mortgages. The money was suppose to go into escrow & be refunded to me if the deal didn't go through.

Original review: March 28, 2009

This company was supposed to help me modify my mortgage loan as a result of my wife losing her job. If I did not care for the results they came to with my mortgage company, I would be refunded the $1,500 payment that was made on Jan 2, 2009. The mortgage department shows o record of talkig with them, and they have changed their name to HNSS and are always closed, when trying to be contacted.

Hope Now Company Information