Green Tree Financial

Compare Mortgage Companies

Research top Mortgage Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was also told that Greentree Servicing no long takes phone or on-line payments because of a recent change in Colorado. The only change that I could find was a statement about payment options through the Colorado Bankruptcy court that started on September 1, 2014. Sounds to me the Greentree Servicing has spun this new notice to their advantage. From what I have been reading about Greentree Servicing, I should get out from them as soon as possible. I am also going to file a formal complaint with the MN district attorney too.

I financed a single wide back in 1997 with Greentree. I was warned by friends not to deal with this company after I got my house. I paid on time for about 6 years. Then I lost my job and lost my home to Greentree. They had no problem repossessing it. Meanwhile I was hounded and harassed by them. I was called and threatened by them.

This company is so SORRY. They called my house constantly. EVEN ON SUNDAY. One man (and I use the term loosely) would call and change his voice. They harassed me until the day that they came to pick up the mobile home and afterwards they continued to call and demand money. I know that I defaulted on the loan but they seemed to enjoy taunting me. Even after I changed my number they somehow continued this pattern. This company steps outside the law at every chance they get.

My mtg was sold to Greentree from Everhome. I loved Everhome. They told me to do a modification and they gave me the best deal ever. I just knew my life as a homeowners was going to be easy, when you have a bank that really works with you and has your best interest at heart. Greentree mtg is the seed from the devil, if you dont have a soul here is a company for you to work.

Called them and told I would be late with one month mtg, but I would double up the next month. I was ask to have a garage sale (really how much do you make on a garage sale). The man kept pushing, can you borrow it, have you tried asking anyone? So I asked him to lend it to me!!! And OMG DO NOT SUBMIT HOMEOWNER CLAIM.. they have it to where anything over $1.50, their name has to be on the check... They hold onto money to milk the interest of it. I'm still waiting for them to send my money to fix my house that my insurance co has paid out and this has been since July... There has to be someone who can put this to a stop.

I have been making my mortgage payment online for 10 years. Three months ago my mortgage was sold to Greentree Servicing. The last three months I made my payments online. Today I went online to make payment and it was no longer an option. I called to find out why and pay by phone and was told that there was a new Colorado law passed on 8-20 that no longer allowed them to take payments online or by phone. I asked why, if they have my phone number, email and address, they did not notify me of this.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given to Sara (#**) who told me that the other representative was not "Lying" which I never accused her of and that I would get a late fee if mailed today and not received by Monday. The other representative told me I could set up auto payments but said it wouldn't be set up in time to avoid the late fee.

Sara was very rude and when I told her that I had never been late and that I shouldn't be spoken to like someone who was behind on their debt obligations, she said "Well you do have a debt to us because we have your mortgage." I ask to speak to her supervisor and she told me that she was the top of the line and that there was no one else I could speak to. I insisted on their customer service address to make a formal complaint. This is the rudest company I have ever dealt with and will be refinancing just so I do not have my loan at their company. If anyone has the option to avoid using them - I would recommend it...

My loan was sold to GreenTree from GMCA because it file for BK last year. Soon after Greentree took over they started to raise my mortgage payment from $840.43 to $1200, cited that they had to impounded my account for taxes and insurances whereas before I had always maintain my own insurances and tax without any problem. My loan had also been modified prior to the transfer to Greentree so I had it on auto payment and had no problem but when Greentree took over they had problem with the auto payment and somehow their errors had lead my bank from not paying them to causing my payment to be late for the first time since my loan was modified in 2009. I called and try to fix the issues and encounter very uncaring, rude, unprofessional and unknowledgeable representative from Greentree. The representative told me that it was my problem if my payment are not received on time and did not help me find out what went wrong causing it late. She treated me like I am a low life criminal, raising her voice and provoked me to the point I could not take it anymore I yelled back and that's when she hang up on me without resolving the issue we had discussed.

Three months went by and they send me a notice of default on the house. I called in, attempted to pay the amounts I owed, one of the representative suggested that I should apply for a loan Modification and I told her that I have the money to pay and ready to pay and that my loan was previously modified. She said it would not hurt to do it again...she persuade me into applying for a loan modification so I comply with her suggestion and she proceed with the process. 3 months into the process my loan was not pay because of the modification hold up. They make me provided all kind of paperworks and make me went through hell and back. They were making me fax to them the form to release my tax 4 times on the same form to get it right. After all that, I received a letter from them saying that my case was denied. Before the process of the modification they said my house was schedule to be sold but they will push back that date to wait for the modification.

Two week after I was denied. I call back many times trying to pay it off and got the run around from the Representative from Greentree. Each time I call they let me talk to a different person and each one I talked to had no knowledge and idea what had happen with my situation. I asked them for the total amounts I owed to be pay off. None of them could give me the final figures and told me to wait and she will email her supervisor and one of them will call me back with the final amount. Another two week went by and no supervisor ever call me back. When I received a letter telling me that my house is schedule to be sell at the auction on August 25, 20014. After receiving that letter (which is a with before the sale date) I called Greentree again and told them that no one call me and I wanted to payoff the amounts to reinstated my loan, bring it to current. Once again I was told to wait for a supervisor to get back to me because none of the representative know what the final figures is and where I should send it to.

Even though, I was very upset and concerned about the sale date of my house, I had requested that while I wait that they should postpone the sale date but the representative said she can't do it because she has no authority to do that. I asked to speak to someone who can, she said she will email her supervisor and She still needs to wait for that person to get back to her...which should take a few days. I told her we only have five days before the sale date but she said there is nothing she could do for me and asked me to wait...on August 20, 2014 my house was sold back to the Bank Fannie Mae. On 8/26/14, 8/27/14 After they sold my house I still receive a very rude representative calling me and asking me what is my intention regarding my debts on the house. After I had explained to him what happen he had no interest in hearing what I was saying. Instead he keep repeating that this is a debt collection and whole lots of things has nothing to do with my case or situation.

Next days he calls again and repeated the same things again and again. I was so upset because technically they had sold my house and still have people call me to asked me to pay when I asked for the final figures none of them know exactly and where my payment should go. I had to find out from a realty company that was hire from Fannie Mae sending me a cash offer for keys rushing me moving out of my home. At this point, I called Greentree and asked if they had sold my home. Their representative still reassure me that my house was not sold and that I still need to wait for the supervisor to call me back. I had to call a law firm and they told me to call the trustee company to confirm about the sale of my house. I did and was confirmed that it was actually it had been on 8/25/14. I called Greentree again and this time I was letting them know that I wanted to recorded the conversation with her. She agreed and that is when I let her know that it was confirmed that they indeed had sold my house while asking me to wait and did not let me payoff the amounts I had owed before the sale date.

When the representative had realized that I had intended to sue them for their wrongful foreclosure leading me to lose my house knowing I have the full amount to pay them off, she then transfer me to the insurance department when I asked to talk to someone who could explain to me what had happen with my case. I had the conversation recorded and the person that I got transfer to told me she works in the insurance department and had no idea why I had transfer to her. They all sounded so dumb founded on the recording and had no knowledge of my situation. I told them that I'll get an attorney to sue them and hang up. Two days later, I received a call from one of the supervisor from Greentree and told me if I payoff the amounts $14028.00 by the next day then she will let me reinstated my loan and reverse the sale of my house. By this point, had had talked to several attorney ready to take them to court and suing them for fraud and wrongful foreclosure. I was advised by my attorney to accept Greentree offer in good faith to see if they will comply and do what they promised. If not we will take the next step in suing them.

My attorney had fax an acceptance letter to the supervisor and explained our position and I did paid them as the agreed time and date (which was on 9/5/14). After I paid she promised that the sale should be reverse right away but now 9/11/14 and I still receive letter from a realty company hired by Fannie Mae asking to move and offer me cash to move. They come again this morning and knocked on my door harassing me, sending me email even though I had email them and explain what had happen. I called Greentree supervisor and telling her asking her what is going on she told me that to wait and maybe the process to have my house reverse the sale will be finalize by this Friday 9/12/14.

Well, this morning I still have people come to my door asking me to move. I'll call her again tomorrow making sure that her hold up, her end of the bargain and reverse the sale back to my name. After all, I have equity more than 80k in my house. If anyone should sale the house it would be me and not them. Even if I decided to pay them off the whole loan I still have money left, why would I let them take my house behind my back by giving me misleading information causing me to lose my home. If there is any justice at all they should be out of business for being so incompetence. If they do not do as promised I will sue and will let them know that I will not be bully by them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Green tree Financial?

I worked with several different reps at Greentree to get a loan modification after my husband had passed away. Since my income had changed, my paperwork was repeatedly lost or incomplete by their standards. I found out if you have a second or third mortgage, if that mortgage holder gives you a modification that the other mortgage holder has to give you a modification. I found out it us the law. So since I had tried for over a year with Greentree with no success, I went to HSBC my second mortgage holder and received a modification which was a big relief because now Greentree must do the same. It is a shame I had to take this route to get some assistance. I had my mortgage for 9 years when I applied, so I certainly was not a new customer.

I am in the Sandy Homeowners/Renters Assistance program. It pays my mortgage bill. They have been late making payments and Greentree has made errors accusing me of not making payments July 1 - Sept 1. 2 payments with late fees have been made. They have sent me notices, had someone tape a notice on my door and sent me certified letters. Now they cannot call me. I have to call them. There are so many offices that one doesn't know what the other is doing. It's so crazy. It is disorganized. Terrible!! It is one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. They should be investigated for their poor, unprofessional practices.

I bought this house in 1998 for about $42,000 and it is mortgaged for 30 years. Sixteen years later, I still owe $32,000. Paying about $460/mo, I've now paid this company from the depths of hell $88,320 for a house that is falling down around my head. If I am late by even a few days, they blow up my cell. They've somehow gotten my elderly mother's cell number, my brother's, and even my 17 year old son's cell! How do you get a 17 year old boy’s cell number? They call each number upwards of 15 to 20 times a day. They leave horrible messages, even on my son's voice mail. They even demanded my brother pay the $30 I was late on for one month! It's reached the point that I am letting the house go back.

I refuse to give these people another penny of my money. I'm waiting for the foreclosure to take effect and in the meantime, I'm saving the mortgage to put towards a place to live in the future. I'm done Greentree Servicing! DO YOU HEAR MY WORDS??? If your company were swallowed whole by a volcano or hit by an asteroid, I wouldn't miss you for a second. I'm looking forward to washing my hands of them for good.

I sent a payoff check for the balance of the loan. They sent the check back last week for additional info. Acct Mang. Tiffany called me with Supv. on line harassing me, threatening to put the account in default... 2 days in a row, knowing a check is coming back to them. How ignorant/hateful is this towards the consumer? I certainly felt like they were doing it because I’m black!

I lost my job and decided I would have to file bankruptcy. I called all of my creditors as directed by my attorney. As soon as I called Green Tree, they began harassing me by phone and mail trying to get larger than normal payments. I explained to them that I had no income and had to continue to feed my children and keep the electricity on as well, they got even ruder. Before this, if my payment was even one day late they were calling me several times a day with rude messages. On April 1, 2014 there was a notice on my front door regarding a court date for "replevin". I looked this up and it basically says I was living in their property illegally and they wanted it back. Court was scheduled for May 1.

I knew I couldn't come current on the loan by then, so began to look for another place to live. Then on April 8, I had a notice to vacate order on the door, giving us only a week to get out! What happened to May 1? We vacated within the 7 days, and they still continued to leave messages telling me to call them. Why? I don't owe you anything now! All this after paying over 60,000 in INTEREST, had barely touched the principal after 15 years!!!!!

Our mortgage was bought by Greentree lending. We have paid our mortgage for over 20 years using online payments. THE ONLY way we can pay online NOW is to use The Automatic Bill Pay option. Which is the exact same thing as me paying online, only THEY control my money, not ME! When I called to find out why they would take on like automatic payments but no longer take online payments, I was told, "It is a new Colorado regulations that forbids us from accepting online payments from you." When I asked the phone rep. to provide me with the Colorado statute or regulation number, it was not available.

When I asked for a supervisor because I believed that I was being lied to, about this being forced on me by the state, the supervisor told me that Greentree is not under obligation to take payment over the phone or internet, and that Fannie Mae was involved, so I asked if it was a Fannie Mae regulation, and she quickly said no, not at all, but Greentree is under no obligation to accept CASH payments and they even no longer accept late payments over the phone. Now, our payment is in the mail and it will not be late.

But why on earth would they lie to me about it being a Colorado regulation, and apparently they have an internal memo about this being a Colorado regulation, when what an honest company would say is "we are no longer accepting online payments unless you use automatic bill pay". It seems that they are trying to force people to use automatic bill pay and if you don't then they will make it as inconvenient as they possibly can. So more people will cave into their scheme and enroll in automatic bill pay where they have access to your bank account information... Wrong. Very, very wrong!

My mortgage was transferred to Greentree from BOA in 2013. I had recently lost my job and inquired about getting my mortgage modified and was told that I couldn't because I need a job. My mortgage is not escrowed so I am responsible for paying my taxes and insurance, which has never been late on. Earlier this year, I paid my mortgage and noticed that my tax bills were transferred to an outside company to pay my taxes stating that my taxes were delinquent. I had proof that I had just paid my taxes and demanded that they remove the managing company from my taxes. I was told it was done in error but had no way to change it back, so I had to contact the treasurer's office and explain the problem.

Fast forward to last month, I received a letter stating that they would be forcing insurance on my home as I didn't provide proof of insurance. Let's keep in mind as I am speaking with them, they inform me that they know who my insurance is but wanted proof. I cannot consider this company's practices legal or professional and would like to know what are the next steps to file a class action lawsuit.

After so many years of dealing with this company, it just seems to get worse. In June 2013 I lost my job and was out of work for about 5 months, eventually falling behind on payments. After a long battle I was able to become current (by the grace of God). In May 2014, the rep told me I had to pay two payments. Now mind you our mortgage has continued to go up, it started at 380, went up to 425 because of insurance, then it went up to 525, and now it's up to 650.00. I try and get an explanation but always told to call customer service, customer service states the request must be in writing.

After submitting the request in writing, still no explanation. Called a few days ago and I was told I need to speak with my rep, yeah right, that's like pulling teeth. And to top that, I paid the two payments in May (15/30), called and the rep stated that they only see the may 15th payment. I also made a payment July 13 and they state they have not received that payment. These payments were made via money gram, I called money gram and the rep states that all payments were generated successful, but stated that the payment made in July was returned stating rejected.

I called the company back to give them this information and the rep I spoke with was very nice, which doesn't happen with this company. She stated that she notice a lot of payments made but not posted to my account, stated she doesn't understand and I would have to speak with my account rep who is currently on vacation. This company is very UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL. After reading so many complaints I don't understand why any legal actions aren't taken against them. Why no one will help us and look into the concerns of the GreenTree customers. Right now I am trusting in God, He is bigger than GreenTree and there is nothing too hard for Him. I will wait and trust in HIM. God bless all GreenTree customers who are and have experienced this company.

Our mortgage was sold to Greentree from GMAC a year and a half ago. We had just completed our trial modification with GMAC and had payments lowered to $1200/month which we felt was quite fair. Conveniently, Greentree lost the documents from GMAC! We had to start all over but of course we first had to quit making payments or they wouldn't even offer a modification. Round 2 was denied. It took 8 months to learn of the denial though and I knew it would be up to me to get things back on track so called GMAC (Greentree actually tried to tell me they didn't have any way to contact GMAC!) and got the original loan mod paperwork. Finally they said they would review it.

Then at 11 months post loan transfer, a rep chewed me out for wanting a modification in the first place. He said I was unethical for trying to get out of my original loan terms and even when I said it was because I had become disabled at the ripe age of 37, he said he didn't care. I got upset and started crying and that's when he said he wanted my husband on the phone because as a woman, I wouldn't be capable of handling finances. It was a man's job. It was humiliating. We are currently planning our strategic default since our new "loan modification" brought our payments up to $1700/month. We are filing a chapter 7 due to medical bills but originally thought we wanted to keep our house. I gave one last ditch attempt and called to see if we could work something else out and the rep said, "Nope. Go ahead and discharge the debt." So we are just taking them up on their offer. Jerks.

Originally scheduled a closing for Aug 25th @ 7pm. On that day at 6:58 pm I received a call that I was being "pushed back" because the closer was working with someone else. I suggested rescheduling for another day because I had a prior engagement. Closer became rude and suggested she come at 7:20 pm and if I didn't have any questions I would still be done on time. I chose to reschedule because I could not guarantee that I would have questions and I was ready at the agreed time of 7 pm. Then, upon rescheduling for Aug. 29th (4 days later), customer service went downhill from there.

First of all, I was originally told that I had a "$0" out of pocket refinance loan. On Aug. 25th, I was asked to bring $44.53 to closing and on Aug. 29th was asked to bring $72.08 to closing. I compared the HUD-1 statements prepared for the two dates, Aug 25th vs 29th and there were a couple of line items that could not be explained. I understand daily interest accrual, and confirmed that was not the concern nor did that explain the difference. One item was the escrow rollover credit that changed by $56.77? I talked to Andrew ** and was told this was because of the PMI payment was disbursed from the original loan. When asked when this disbursement occurred, he said on Aug. 15th. After asking several times how a payment made on Aug. 15th would change the balance on Aug 25th vs Aug 29th, he continued to tell me to "do the math". I repeatedly told him this was not an issue with math, it is more fundamental question of logic and timing.

Andrew became rude and told me apparently I didn't understand the math! I ended the insults by hanging up the phone. In an attempt to escalate for a simple explanation, I then called Mark ** whom I originated the loan with. He listened to my concern, did research and called me back. He said that he too didn't know why the number changed and it didn't make since, but all they could do is tell me what the math says. He then also became rude and told me my only options were to close on Aug 29th without explanation or wait until next month to close the deal. There is no way I will continue to do business with such an unprofessional group of people. Not only could they not explain the numbers, they would not tell me who to talk to that could explain the difference.

This is a case of willful misreporting of a credit bureau status. I have NEVER been late with this bureau. They actually reported my account as closed, charged off, and zero balance. In reality, I have paid them by automatic draft on the first for nearly two years. When Experian investigated my dispute, they CONFIRMED via electronic means that the account was correct. I am seeing an attorney today. I have called them at least six times about this and now I can't get a car loan because of their major charge off. I see damages.

I have never remembered a time in my life when I have been so humiliated and disrespected by a representative. After the way that representative from Green Tree Services spoke to me, I literally burst into tears. I felt embarrassed and all I was trying to do was make a payment arrangement. My home mortgage was taken over from Bank Of America to Green Tree Services about little over a year now. They are the worse mortgage company ever. I must admit I am late with my payments but I always pay my mortgage. Last month a rep. from Green Tree asked me to post date a payment, I did. He said, "Ma'am, if you are unable to make the payment for the date you agreed, you can call and change the date. It would be no problem."

A few days before the payment, I call to cancel the postdated payment I had made because I knew I would not have the money to cover the check. That lady from Green Tree was getting very slick with me because I asked to have the date changed. She asked me where I do worked and what do I do and how often do I get paid. I then explained to the lady on the line "my children's father pays the mortgage and when he gives me the money I pay the bill. He always gives me the money for the mortgage. We have been at this residence for nine years now." She told me I make lots of money and why didn't I have the money to pay my bill.

After arguing back and forth with her, she finally put her even worse rude and unprofessional manager on the line. He then stated demanding me to make a payment on the set day or the first of the month. I then explained to him I would make two payments the next month but I cannot make the payment on the date I had previously agreed to. He told me they cannot accept my two payments the next month - it would be too late. Then he got really nasty with me and bring my children into the conversation. Saying "you need to study to keep a roof over your children head but you are not doing that right now by being late on your payment. I need to start considering other options if I cannot make my payments on time." Are you serious? Ten houses on my street are foreclosed at this time. I work very hard and try to keep a roof over my children's head and for him to talk to me like that and I am struggling to make my payments - that is totally disrespectful, nasty and uncalled for. Where is the compassion for your fellow comrades?

My mortgage was sold to GreenTree over the summer. The customer service is sub par at best. It costs $12 to pay your mortgage online, regardless if it's early or on time. Due to having to pay my monthly payment via check and only being paid once a month, my check didn't go out until after the first. They called very early in the month to ask where my check was. It had already been mailed but not processed. It didn't go through until the 7th or 8th. No idea why it would take that long to process my check. I've NEVER had a late payment and NO issues with my previous mortgage company. GreenTree is the WORST!!!!

They threatened to take my home, even though I was attempting to make a payment arrangements. To no avail, the representative literally told me "to pay up in full or you won't have a home. Not my problem, I could care less about your financial situation." I borrowed the money needed to bring the account forward and they tell me I need to schedule a payment for the next month as well. I said I couldn't do it. He literally hung the phone up.

I have had GreenTree for a little over a year. I had called because every year in December my mortgage insurance would go down and with GreenTree it had not. I was told that it went down every previous year because maybe the rate had changed for my insurance and that I should call the insurance company. I did call the insurance company and I was told that the insurance is amortized and should go down every year as the balance of the loan goes down. So I called green tree back and told them this and do you think any of the master geniuses got it?.... no. So I am paying more for this insurance that I cannot cancel at this time because of green tree. All the insurance company needs is for green tree to send them the loan balance.

I had a house that I could no longer afford due to a separation from my wife. The house was vacant and my wife just basically grabbed what she needed and left. The home subsequently was vandalized. I filed for a deed in lieu of foreclosure when I received foreclosure documents. I reached an agreement with the Loss Mitigation department to clean the residence and make it presentable. About three weeks in when I was finishing up what we agreed upon, I received a letter stating that I withdrew from the program. I kept calling and told them I needed a little more time to finish. I was assured that I would be able to re-file my deed in lieu.

In mid-July I was finished and was told my deed in lieu was resubmitted and I should hear from Loss Mitigation and to check back weekly. Two weeks ago, I was told I needed another hardship letter and financial statement. I faxed those only to find out that Greentree never cancelled the foreclosure. I received court document of foreclosure and now when I call back they tell me there is nothing that can be done because the sale is in two weeks and they need 37 days to process a deed in lieu.

Just a warning - get everything in writing from them because they are not honest. Additionally, the representative you talk to is not knowledgeable about the process. They say they record phone conversations but the computer record does not contain accurate information about the content of the calls. Also they document calls they allegedly make that I have no record of on my cell phone bill. Worst most disorganized company I have ever worked with.

Trying to get caught up on loan. Called last month to tell them payment wasn't going to be on time. Asked if they could work with me. They said "No, you are not behind enough to need assistance." This month (after missing payment), they call me all upset, demanding payment. Reminding me that they could demand full payment at any time. Have tried refinancing - house won't appraise high enough to pay what we owe. Can't sell. Stuck with this company. And then at the end of the call, they have the nerve to try and sell their insurance! Do not, under any circumstances, have a mortgage with Greentree.

Greentree bought our mortgage in September 2013. Landmark was our previous co. and we never had a problem. We had some issues trying to pay because of job loss but Landmark always worked with us. In January of 2014, Greentree raised our payment $425.00 a month because according to them we have to have insurance to cover our loan. They threatened foreclosure if we didn't pay this amount. The loan officer we were working with suggested a loan modification to get our payments down so we could afford them. This is August - still no modification. The 1st of August, they called and said they were raising our payment another $113.00 to cover repayment of back taxes. We don't have back taxes and I told them I wasn't paying it. They have been calling 5 to 6 times daily threatening us with foreclosure if we don't pay this. I'm going to contact a lawyer because I don't think this is legal.

We had to get a loan modification and the customer service was horrible. I like a lot of other customers are forced to deal with these people who treat us with no respect. We are hard working citizens and deserve to be respected and treated fairly. Instead we are treated like we are criminals. This company should be ashamed of themselves and the Attorney General should step in. Please if there is a class action case notify me so I can get justice for myself and all the other victims out there. Thank you.

I lost my job. I tried for months to reach out to my original second mortgage holder, but now they have reassigned the debt to Greentree. Greentree wants to accelerate my loan and collect the full $200,000.00 that I owe. I have offered many different compromises, including lower payments until I am gainfully employed, an offer in compromise to pay a lump sum to settle the entire debt (there are literally tens of millions of people who have been this route due to the economy), or if Greentree will just allow my first mortgage holder to subordinate the debt, it would allow me to refinance against equity in my house. Then I could pay Greentree. Greentree will accept none of the offers. They try to employ strong arm tactics and chuckle at legitimate offers, yet make no legitimate offers themselves. We are at an impasse.

Greentree became our mortgage lenders just recently after Bank Of America transferred our account to them in February. Unfortunately in March I was laid off from my job. GreenTree was contacted about the Hardship, and the fact that we are paying for a house that is worth 100k LESS than we owe and is underwater! That very month we received a notice to increase by 100.00. When asked why! they couldn't give a definite answer. Anyhow we sent a request for a loan modification. In the meantime we made all our payments on time with the now increased amount for March, April, May, June. We used up all of our savings to make the necessary payments, all the while still waiting for a decision on the modification. Nobody ever contacted us or even sent out a letter of determination on the Modification.

Our savings are tapped. We decided to call for a follow-up and was told it was Denied? When asked why, the response was there was No Hardship! We Then wrote a formal letter explaining our Hardship & why we should be considered a modification. Two months have gone with No Response of a Determination. But everyday we are receiving up to 5 threatening phone calls to FORECLOSE on the house or to do a SHORT SALE. The Reps are rude and demanding and yelling when they call. They are very opinionated telling you what you need to do. This is unfair to us. We asked for help in the beginning and got no response and now that we are late on payments we are begin HARASSED! GreenTree is not equip to handle such situations and the lack of training with the Reps are a disgrace. This place needs to handle people with RESPECT! Or not at all.

2 weeks ago I received a phone call from a customer service agent telling me my account was in default and they had not received my July payment. I told them that my payments are sent via EFT from Checkfree. They kept saying that my payment was not in the system. On Friday, August 15, I received 2 letters dated 1 day apart. The first letter said my account was in default. The second said my loan was paid in full. When I called to ask about the default letter, they insisted my account had been in default. I have evidence that GreenTree received my July payment on July 1. I can't get an explanation from GreenTree and they continue to treat me like a deadbeat. I do not want this error on GreenTree's part to affect my credit rating.

I have been constantly harassed by representatives from this company. They call me at all times of the day and night demanding that I send my mortgage payment even when it isn't due. Their representatives are very rude and I have even been cursed at by them. I hope something can be done regarding this matter.

Will not cooperate with they have nothing to do with. I built deck on my house insured through another company. They're holding my check. Built deck out of my pocket. They have no ties to this deck at all. Start complaining to them about it, they hang up.

We have owned a home for 27 years and have had, RI Housing, Citizens Bank and finally, Flagstar Bank. Just this year, in January of 2014, Greentree bought our mortgage. What a nightmare! We have never ever had any problems paying our mortgage or have received any type of threatening phone calls from any of our lenders. Our credit is spotless. It was just two short weeks before I had to deal with Greentree. This company is insane. They employ very irate, argumentative call center agents.

I pay my mortgage on the 14 of every month. Although the due date is the first, we can go until the 15 before a late fee is assessed. I have always paid my mortgage like that. Almost every month, I get harassing phone calls to pay my mortgage. I explain I technically have until the fourteenth as the last day to pay. One rep called me on the tenth of the month and told me he was going to report 30 days late on my credit report if I did not give him the payment over the phone right there. I was taken aback by his bully attitude and asked to speak to a manager. He then proceeded to tell me they were all in a "meeting" and he was the only person I could talk to.

Eventually, when a supervisor called me regarding the incident, I asked her to pull the tape on the phone call so she could review his crass attitude toward the customer. She replied they did not tape all calls. I refuse to be verbally beat up and bullied by this company's call center. The only way out is to refinance out of this company, but it will cost us money to do that. I am soooo disappointed and shocked at the treatment this company gives its customers.

Green Tree Financial Company Profile